gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:19:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 201
Total: 201

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK June 2 & 3  (Read 9144 times)
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2007, 06:32:00 AM »

MY USUAL CHECK-IN FOR MY DAY.  WILL CHECK BACK LATER.  I WAS SO HOPING THAT IT WAS CLAY PERFORMING LAST NIGHT FOR DAVID FOSTER BUT HE STILL MAY BE PRODUCING HIS NEW CD.

HAVE A GOOD CLAYDAY.

HUGS
RAINEY
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2007, 08:30:37 AM »

Talent break-out

If you've been thinking it's time to take your many talents out of the closet and trot them onstage, you could have that opportunity at Frisco Freedom Fest on July 4. Of course, you'll have to be willing to do this for free, but you could say you (sorta) shared a stage with Clay Aiken, who'll perform as part of the evening's festivities.

Members of a committee will review written, video and audio submissions and choose their 20 favorites to perform in 10-minute slots beginning at 4 p.m. at City Hall Plaza.

Applications must be received by 5 p.m. Friday. Contact Christie Hartwell at 972-292-5073 or chartwell@friscotexas.gov.

DALLAS NEWS

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2007, 09:27:07 AM »

click twice

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2007, 09:27:38 AM »

MAN, OUR CLAY IS LOOOKIN' GOOOOOD!!!

Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2007, 10:53:47 AM »

I have to agree that our man is looking good. Thanks for the news, Marilyn.
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2007, 11:30:11 AM »

Kelowna singer still in shock at being Foster's protege
Stuart Hunter, The Province
Published: Sunday, June 03, 2007
A star is born.

For a moment when she woke up in a Toronto hotel room yesterday morning, Andrea Greenway thought she was still dreaming.

That's understandable, considering the 26-year-old server's life has been a "whirlwind" since music legend David Foster spotted her singing at Vancouver's Il Giardino restaurant Thursday -- and has tabbed her as perhaps the next Josh Groban or Michael Buble.

Email to a friend

Printer friendly
Font: ****Greenway, who has been singing opera since age 11 but had recently put her musical aspirations on hold, said "I had to pinch myself -- this is my dream come true. It's just been insane."

Foster was with several people, including American Idol star Clay Aiken, dining at the upscale eatery when owner Umberto Menghi asked Greenway to sing for them, as she had occasionally in the past.

"I was nervous, but I remember thinking I'm never going to to get an opportunity to sing for David Foster, so what have I got to lose?" she said of her rendition of the Jewel Song aria from the French opera Faust. "Even before I sang, he kept saying: 'There is something about you -- you are going to be really successful at whatever you do.'

"After I sang, he just was like: 'I knew it. There is something about you,' and he asked me to come to Calgary immediately."

Foster told Greenway to have three changes of clothes and her passport ready, and his car picked her up at 8 a.m. the next morning.

She said it was "mindblowing" to sing at a David Foster Foundation fundraiser. Today, she flies to Las Vegas to record with Chinese pianist Lang Lang. Then it's off to Foster's studio in Malibu.

Not bad for the Calgary-born, Kelowna-raised vocalist who was turned down by the University of B.C. School of Music.

Greenway, who lists Canadian chanteuses Feist and Sarah McLachlan as two of her favourites, said she'll be somewhat nervous when she sits down to record with a legend like 14-time Grammy winner, Victoria-born Foster, adding she's been told she'll sing both opera and pop songs.

"I don't know if I'll be nervous -- I'm almost stunned still, it's like I'm still in shock," she said.

"[But] to have someone like David Foster say, 'This is for you and you can do this,' it's a huge thing to hear from somebody who obviously knows what they are talking about -- so it almost takes your nerves away a little bit."

shunter@png.canwest.com

© The Vancouver Province 2007

CANADA.COM

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2007, 05:39:37 PM »

LAST CHECK IN FOR THE DAY.  WHERE DID THE WEEKEND GO TO.

HUGS
RAINEY
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx