gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:10:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 160
Total: 160

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK APRIL 27  (Read 5374 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: April 27, 2007, 04:27:05 AM »

Clay Aiken sat down with Al Roker, David Gregory and Dr. Nancy Snyderman today to talk about his recent work with UNICEF USA in Afghanistan (WATCH VIDEO).

Before his appearance on the show, I got to talk to him for a quick Q&A. Here is some of our conversation (edited for content):

Q: When did you get back from Afghanistan, how long were you there and what were you doing?

Clay Aiken: I got back on Wednesday, and I was there for about two weeks. It was a really eye-opening experience and was interesting because a lot of stereotypes were broken down for me. The people there were wonderfully nice, and the country was really beautiful and peaceful. It was a little surprising because of all the news we hear from over there.

[Clay sees a video clip of President Bush dancing with a Senegalese dance troupe in the Rose Garden on Wednesday]

What in the world is he doing? Please, be joking.

[He regains his train of thought.]

I was observing programs run by UNICEF, observing schools where women are getting an education, often for the first time in their lives.

Q: Why were you particularly attracted to this trip?

CA: I used to be a teacher. I was a special-ed teacher in North Carolina, so there was some synergy there.

Q: You're familiar with our "Where in the World is Matt Lauer" series, which begins on Monday. What's the most interesting place you've been to, and where would you like to go that you haven't been to before?

CA: Well, definitely Afghanistan was the most interesting place. Not just because it was exotic and dangerous, to some degree, but also because it is so beautiful and peaceful. It's the third country I've been to with UNICEF -- I had previously been to Uganda and Indonesia. But I had never been to a place that beautiful and peaceful.

As for a place I'd like to go...I'd like to go to Zanzibar. I imagine it's beautiful, and it makes me sound smart to say I know where it is.

Q: Apparently there's a version of "American Idol" in Afghanistan -- did you see it?

CA: It's called "Afghan Star," and I didn't get to see it.

Q: Have you been able to follow the current season of "American Idol"?

CA: I haven't seen any of it.

Q: Have you heard anything about Sanjaya and his performances?

CA: We were actually in India when everything was happening with him, and people over there were talking about it.

Q: The big entertainment news today is that Rosie O'Donnell is leaving "The View" in June. Any reaction?

CA: Good for her. Do what you want to do. But she will be missed on that show. But I'm sure she'll do something just as big and fantastical -- if that's a word -- as she did when she was on "The View."

Q: What's next for you?

CA: I have a tour coming up this summer. It starts July 4 in Dallas, and tickets are on sale now.
MSNBC

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 04:33:41 AM »

The Greek Theatre is offering you the chance to win tickets to see multi-platinum recording artist Clay Aiken in concert! Aiken’s latest album, A Thousand Different Ways, offers fans 10 cover versions of love songs spanning the last three decades, as well as four brand-new songs that are destined to become Aiken classics in their own right.
Tickets are valid for Saturday, August 4th, 2007 at 8:00 PM.

EXPERIENCELA

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 04:35:22 AM »

On sale Saturday at the Greek Theatre: Nelly Furtado on June 20, Clay Aiken on Aug. 4, Buju Banton on Aug. 5. On sale Sunday: Tony Bennett on Aug. 16.

CALENDARLIVE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 04:37:39 AM »

Azureus Announces Content Agreement to Distribute Broadcast Quality UNICEF Videos for Worldwide Audience
First P2P Distribution Agreement for Nonprofit UNICEF Organization

PALO ALTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Azureus, a global leader in aggregating and distributing long-form, high quality video via the Internet’s most popular media peer-to-peer (P2P) application, today announced a content agreement with UNICEF, the first-ever peer-to-peer (P2P) distribution initiative for the nonprofit organization. Azureus will publish all of UNICEF’s short and long-form broadcast quality video for use by socially conscious consumers around the world via its new digital media platform, Vuze (www.vuze.com). A premier broadband distribution platform that enables a global community to share and discover unique high quality content, Vuze already attracts more than 2 million global visitors to the site after only a few months in existence.

“UNICEF has a unique opportunity with Azureus to take advantage of the global reach of Vuze to draw attention and support for children in developing countries through the power of high quality video,” said Stephen Cassidy, Chief of Internet, Broadcast & Image Section, UNICEF. "With Vuze, our videos will easily be available online to view and share for free and help raise social consciousness around the many powerful initiatives we’re involved in.”

Under the terms of the agreement, UNICEF videos will be published by Azureus on Vuze, including video news packages, public service announcements and vodcasts. An automated system will transfer UNICEF’s complete video library onto Vuze to be available to millions of people throughout the world. The site will feature touching videos from UNICEF Goodwill Ambassadors like Sarah Jessica Parker, Shakira, Clay Aiken and Roger Federer. Other soon-to-be available titles include: ‘One-stop’ Clinic Helps New Mothers Keep Their Children Healthy in Gambia, Rural Centres Provide Early Childhood Development Services in Iran and Venezuelan Indigenous Group Begins to Revive its Lost Language.

“We are thrilled to be a part of UNICEF’s effort to focus attention on the status of children’s health and education in developing countries,” said Gilles BianRosa, CEO, Azureus. “Vuze’s powerful tools will allow humanitarian organizations to economically and effectively reach millions of citizens worldwide to help drive awareness and ultimately affect change.”

Recently launched in April 2007, Azureus’ new platform, Vuze, serves as an alternative, low-cost distribution and marketing platform to distribute compelling, High Definition content to a fast growing global audience of millions of active users. Both large and small content owners can promote their works to their fan base through comprehensive discovery tools including search, browsing, channels and tagging, as well as gauge market interest in specific territories. The entire experience, from search and discovery to payment, download and play, is tightly integrated into the application. Publishers can also distribute their work directly from the application.

Further demonstrating the platform’s success, Azureus recently announced partnerships with several high-profile content providers, including the BBC Worldwide (including BBC HD), Showtime Networks, A&E Networks (including A&E, The History Channel, and The Biography Channel), Nelvana Enterprises, Bennett Media Worldwide, G4 TV, National Geographic, Starz Media, more than 20 other media companies and thousands of self-publishers. Additional content from other premium partners will be made available on Vuze throughout the year.

About Azureus Inc.

Azureus Inc. is the provider of the most popular P2P application for the transfer of large media files. With more than three years of technology innovation, proven robustness, and more than 140 million downloads of its application, Azureus users connect with one another from more than 100 countries and 40 languages.

Today, Azureus operates Vuze, a leading global video aggregation and distribution platform driven by the exchange of long-form, High Definition or DVD quality videos, as well as licensed digital content from leading media companies. The company has recently announced content partnerships with Showtime, A&E Networks (including A&E, The History Channel and The Biography Channel), BBC Worldwide, Bennett Media Worldwide, G4 TV, National Geographic and Starz Media.

The new commercial-grade platform is supported by powerful peer-sharing technology, enabling its vast global community the ability to browse, share, search and discover unique multimedia entertainment in a high-resolution format. Visit www.vuze.com for more information.

About UNICEF

For 60 years UNICEF has been the world’s leader for children, working on the ground in 156 countries and territories to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through adolescence. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.

BUSINESSWIRE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 04:48:29 AM »

Check out the Purse Auction here:

CHARLESTON.NET

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 04:54:54 AM »

The best of the second best
Close but no cigar

There is a well known truth about "American Idol," you don't have to win it to become a star...but it doesn't hurt. Who was your favorite Idol runner up? Who was the worst? Who deserved to win? Let me know.

THESTATE.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 04:58:07 AM »

Lasting impression

While on "Idol," Pickler confused "minx" with "mink" and compared fake eyelashes to having tarantulas on her eyes.

It wasn't enough to get her the championship title -- that went to Taylor Hicks -- but a memorable on-screen persona garnered Pickler a humorous segment with chef Wolfgang Puck on the season finale, and perhaps, a lasting fan base.

This week marked the top six on the current season of "Idol." It seems insignificant, a far distance from popular culture fame.

Yet elimination at the six-singer phase has been nothing but kind to Pickler, who last weekend earned a standing ovation at the Grand Ole Opry.

"People are people. It ("Idol") is a matter of choice and that's what's so cool about it," said Boris Abramov, 17, of Columbus.

That same emphasis on choice is what often leads viewers to identify with contestants well beyond their elimination.

A quirky quip, a one-time fashion risk, a compelling life story -- all are factors that could generate popularity that surpasses a contestant's final standing in the competition.

"It's as much luck as it is any kind of talent," said Blake Wuestefeld, 25, of Columbus.

Ray, for example, said she only watched "Idol" in its second season, a season she identifies in the context of contestant Clay Aiken. But he was the second-place finisher.

"He's actually kind of more famous than (season-two winner) Ruben (Studdard)," she said.

LEDGER-ENQUIER

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 05:00:04 AM »

This week, as everybody knows, American Idol used its immense television power to campaign for charity, as “Idol Gives Back.” While Idol has used its power for good before – the release of several charity singles, for example – this week made every other effort pale in comparison.

That’s the good news – and it is very good news. But there are still some lingering questions and issues that need to be addressed about the show.

First, I’d really like to know where the other past Idols were. Did American Idol invite Fantasia, Ruben Studdard, and Taylor Hicks? What about Clay Aiken, who has devoted some of his own time to charitable causes? While I know there have already been some Clay fans complaining about him not being there, as far as I know, we can’t say for certain whether this was because he was not invited or he was invited but unable to attend for some reason. The same goes with the other past Idols.

FOXESONIDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 05:02:00 AM »

‘Idol’ plays nice on night devoted to charity
None of the finalists went home and money was raised for Africa and U.S.
(snip)
There wasn’t much else the show could do. On a moral level, it’s hard to mix videos of starving children with cutthroat competition. On a practical level, it’s hard to ask LaKisha fans for money if you’re kicking her off the show an hour later.

Whether this was less of a surprise that Chris Daughtry’s finishing fourth, Ruben Studdard beating Clay Aiken, or the “Idol” crew screwing up the phone numbers last season is a question best left for the ages.

MSNBC

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 05:03:33 AM »

Swept away indeed. After the last year on "The View" it's a wonder O'Donnell is standing at all, what with her feuds (Clay Aiken, Miss USA, Donald Trump, etc.), the backlash against her tasteless jokes (imitating Chinese by saying, "ching-chong, ching-chong"), plus whatever did or did not happen between her and Barbara Walters, cohost Elisabeth Hasselbeck and anyone else she's supposedly fighting with on a regular basis. O'Donnell likes to talk tough about others, as well as about herself. She tries to make off like all the sniping doesn't bother her. That's probably true up to a point—she's had a big mouth for a long time, and she knows what she's saying. And she clearly revels in sparring with the likes of Trump, especially since she's so much better at it than he is.

MSNBC

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 05:06:35 AM »

An Idol Outpost in Croton Falls
By AUDREY GREEN
INTOWN WESTCHESTER

(Original publication: April 26, 2007)
The show may be known for launching musical careers, but American Idol has also proven useful to would-be actresses (Jennifer Hudson in Dreamgirls) and Broadway stars (Fantasia Barrino in The Color Purple, Diana DeGarmo in Hairspray). In Croton Falls, though, one Idol alum is branching out into uncharted territory: the restaurant biz.

Yes, Kimberley Locke, the second runner-up to Reuben Studdard and Clay Aiken on season two, has opened up Croton Creek Steakhouse and Wine Bar (4 W. Cross St.; 276-0437; Croton Falls; www.crotoncreek.com). She’s still pursuing her singing career—her single “8th World Wonder” debuted at #1 on the Billboard charts in 2004 and her new album hits stores this month—but on most weekends, you’ll see the dimpled songstress with her co-owners in their upscale, dark-wood-and-black-leather Westchester eatery.

THEJOURNALNEWS

Clay "is" the "News"
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 05:44:40 AM »

Good Morning Deanna.  Always a pleasure to have you do the news. Huggles  Any concerts for you this summer.

I love the post from Foxesonidol.  Yes where was the other former Idols and most important our Clay Aiken.  So very true.

Well have a great TGIF everyone and great weekend as well. 

Hugs Rainey

PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 06:27:21 AM »

HOT OFF THE PRESSES....
Clay Aiken
Children's Advocacy Award

Multi-platinum recording artist Clay Aiken's musical success has enabled him to fulfill his lifelong wish to support educational and children's causes. While the accolades that followed his stunningly close second-place finish on the second season of American Idol have validated him in ways that he never could have dreamed of when he was a teacher working with autistic children back in his home state of North Carolina, it is the charitable work that his musical career has enabled him to do that means more to him than anything else these days.

The singer created the Bubel/Aiken Foundation in 2003, an organization that promotes and funds educational and recreational programs for children with special needs. He also serves as a United States Fund for UNICEF National Ambassador, helping ensure that children everywhere can receive a primary education. In 2006 Mr. Aiken was appointed to the Presidential Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities.

Mr. Aiken holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in special education from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.

NCLD

SO, THERE WAS ANOTHER REASON WHY HE WAS IN NEW YORK HE WAS GETTING ANOTHER AWARD! gish
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 06:43:35 AM »

HERE'S A BLOG ABOUT THE AWARD..

VOX

gish
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 06:50:23 AM »

Philly

Thanks for bringing over the articles about Clay's latest achievement.  Now we all know where Clay was Wednesday night.

I love the writeup by the NCLD.  Very respectful and outlines all of Clay's accomplishments that very few people know anything about.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK CLAY.  WE LOVE YOU AND ARE VERY PROUD OF YOU

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 06:57:55 AM »

Great news, folks

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 07:29:35 AM »

MANN CENTER ALERT

Please go to the Mann thread if you are coming in from out of town. We are trying to organize transportation.
Thanks
Deanna(PA)
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 08:08:20 AM »

Good morning!!

Deanna and Philly thanks for all the news and links.

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
Misha
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2007, 08:44:41 AM »

This week, as everybody knows, American Idol used its immense television power to campaign for charity, as “Idol Gives Back.” While Idol has used its power for good before – the release of several charity singles, for example – this week made every other effort pale in comparison.

That’s the good news – and it is very good news. But there are still some lingering questions and issues that need to be addressed about the show.

First, I’d really like to know where the other past Idols were. Did American Idol invite Fantasia, Ruben Studdard, and Taylor Hicks? What about Clay Aiken, who has devoted some of his own time to charitable causes? While I know there have already been some Clay fans complaining about him not being there, as far as I know, we can’t say for certain whether this was because he was not invited or he was invited but unable to attend for some reason. The same goes with the other past Idols.

FOXESONIDOL

And now we know that he was unable to attend because he was being honored with this wonderful award.  I love Clay.
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 09:15:39 AM »

MORE NEWS, CURREY INGRAM ACADEMY PARTICIPATED IN THE PROGRAM HONORING CLAY AIKEN.

THEY SANG "SHINE AND I WILL CARRY YOU" TO HIM

CURREY INGRAM
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx