gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:22:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 295
Total: 295

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ARTHUR IS HERE!  (Read 5643 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: July 01, 2004, 08:05:54 PM »

I'm making this a permanent thread so we can post all the ARTHUR audiobook info here for easy access.  Thanks!

BUY ARTHUR AT AMAZON.COM
STORIES FOR HEROES
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 08:08:35 PM »

Originally posted by greeneyes:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry if this information has been posted before, but I didn't see it anywhere.  This info is from The Clayboard:

OFFICIAL Arthur AudioBook *NEW UPDATE 6/17/04*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROJECT #2

The charity for PROJECT #2 is the St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital located in Memphis, TN. The director of donor services is very excited about this project as she believes it is a wonderful item that they can make use of in several ways. For your information she explained the various ways in which Arthur Audio Book could be put to use:

1) The children have access to CD players directly in their hospital rooms.

2) Each off-facility apartment housing that is provided for use by families of sick children are all supplied with a CD player.and access to a computer.

3) The activity directors that handle daily recreational activities also have access to play the CD for the children along with computer access.

4) They would love to be able to include the Arthur Audio Book "Stories for Heroes" in their Christmas gift program for the children and their families.

So there are many ways they can make use of the Arthur Book , and by the way, the Director of Donor Services knew immediately who Clay Aiken was and is truly excited that we contacted her. If you have any questions, please contact the administrators of your board.

The shipping address to use when purchasing and donating the Arthur Book for THIS PARTICULAR CHARITY is:

St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital
Donor Services
595 North Parkway
Memphis, TN 38105

Feel free to add your own personal comment in the shipping option. Example: Best Wishes and Merry Christmas from a Clay Aiken Fan.

PLEASE NOTE: There will be additional projects posted for the Arthur Audio Book. Please bear with us as we finalize details and the project is in place. More is coming. Our Clay is keeping us busy with all these new projects he has coming out, and due to the nature of each item, we need to make sure each project reaches those who need it most. This takes a lot of coordination with the agencies involved. Of course your suggestions are welcome and please feel free to contact clayrocks@claytonaiken.com or sharmardo@claytonaiken.com or via pm if you have an idea. Chances are it may be something we are already working on. So please be patient with us as we work out all the details and are fully organized prior to posting a project on the board.

6/14/04 Update:

PROJECT #1 - Part 1
ARTHUR AUDIO BOOK LIBRARY PROJECT

Many fans have indicated their desire to donate the upcoming Arthur Audio Book, “Stories for Heroes” to their local grade school libraries. After speaking with the National Library Association regarding this, we have discovered some facts about donating books that we all need to be aware of. However, we have come up with a plan with the help of a suggestion by this National office.

Each individual school district sets their own selection criteria in choosing books for their schools. We wish it could be simpler where you could just go in and donate a book. It really doesn’t work that way and due to other plans in the works we would like to be able to track the number of library donations, therefore we have come up with a plan where those of you can get involved with the Arthur project in an area you have stated you are interested.

Using the same basic role model that was utilized to send Bubel/Aiken Information to local schools we have put together the following package for you to use to contact the school of your choice regarding the Arthur Book.

1. We have provided below a sample letter for you to use which will invite the school to request a donation of the Arthur Book.

2. Add to this communication the Informational Promo material posted below regarding the Arthur Book. This portion will give the school detailed information about the book itself.

If you receive a response from the school you choose, and they indicate the number of copies they would like to receive, it would be appreciated if you post in this thread HERE the number of books requested by the school. Please also give the name of the school and the location. By posting this information, those that wish to help you gather the copies needed for your school can assist you with gathering the books and we can also track the amount of school donations. This tracking will end up playing an important role in an additional “piece” of the entire project therefore we would love to be able to track the number of libraries and their names for a future purpose. Details regarding that will of course be forthcoming.

**SAMPLE LETTER**

ARTHUR AUDIO BOOK “STORIES FOR HEROES”
SAMPLE LETTER FOR GRADE SCHOOLS

Dear (Whom It May Concern):

The Internet community of Clay Aiken fans are very pleased and proud that Clay Aiken will be the National Spokesperson for the Arthur Audio Book, “Stories for Heroes” Series due to go on sale shortly. The sale of the book will benefit the Bubel/Aiken Foundation, the Elizabeth Glazer Pediatric Aids Foundation, and the NEA. Please review the attached “Information Statement” which will give you more details pertaining to the book.

The fans of Clay Aiken have joined forces to launch a campaign to purchase and donate this book. Many fans have indicated a desire to be able to donate this book to their local grade school libraries. Since each individual school district sets their own selection criteria, it has been suggested that I write to you to invite you to request a donation for your district. I would then submit this request in order to enable others to assist with providing the number of books you would like to have donated.

Please do not hesitate to contact me (your contact info) if you have any questions. I look forward to being able to provide this wonderful book for use by the children in your school. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

(Your name)

---------------------------------------

6/10/04 Second Update:

We have an answer for the Canadian fans.

Yes, the audiobook will be available for purchase by Canadians. Further details will be provided as the sale date approaches. For now, we suggest you sign up for the email notice as it will give you a purchase access with the company.

6/10/04 Update:

We got a response about format of the book. Here are the details:

Stories for Heroes is in an Enhanced CD (CD-ROM) format. You can play it in your CD player to listen to the audio tracks and if you have a Windows 95 or a Mac OS 8.6 or greater computer platform you can play it in your computer as well. When you play it in your computer, we have Flash video files of the corresponding Arthur illustrations that appear in sync with the audio. We also provide web access to Arthur games and educational content. But, again you don't need to have a computer to use this.

Also, good news..........

We have received about 500 new e-mail signups over the past 24 hours. Hopefully we keep the momentum up!

--------------------------------

It's finally here  

In collaboration with clayaikenworld.com, and the producers of the Arthur AudioBook, we here at the Clayboard have received First OFFICIAL Information Regarding The Arthur Audio Book "Stories for Heroes" Project.

The Mission Statement for this AudioBook is as follows:
What is Stories for Heroes?

Stories for Heroes is a series of classic children’s stories narrated by notable names in sports and entertainment and sold as an Enhanced CD audiobook. The 1st audiobook in the series will feature the Arthur Adventure series by Marc Brown. A MAJORITY of the proceeds from the sale of Stories for Heroes titles will benefit charity.

What charities will benefit from the Stories for Heroes proceeds?

Proceeds from the sale of Stories for Heroes will benefit several of the most notable children’s charities including The Bubel/Aiken Foundation, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation and the National Education Association Health Information Network.

Who is Arthur?

Together along with his family and friends, including that lovable pesky little sister D.W., Arthur brings answers and perspectives to the issues, problems and everyday tumult that make up life for preschoolers and young children.

Arthur is one of the most successful franchises in children’s media. The Arthur television show reaches close to 9 million homes twice a day in the U.S. and is the top Nielsen-rated show for kids aged 2-5. Arthur has sold over 49 million books since 1996 and sells over 7 million videos annually.

What is included in the audiobook?

There are 9 Arthur stories in a single Enhanced CD format. The Arthur theme song, recorded by Ziggy Marley and featured on the hit PBS show, is also included. When placed into a computer, artwork from the various Arthur storybooks will appear as the stories are being read. The Audiobook also provides access to various Arthur games and educational activities.

Featured celebrities who so kindly donated their talent to this project include: Clay Aiken, Tom Arnold, Kevin Bacon, Marc Brown (author), Daisy Fuentes, Marcia Gay Harden, Cheri Oteri, Jeff Probst, Kelly Ripa with music recorded by Ziggy Marley.

Is there a celebrity spokesperson for the Arthur audiobook?

Yes. Clay Aiken is the celebrity spokesperson for Stories for Heroes.

By clicking on the "Stories for Heroes" logo provided to us, it will link you to where you can submit your email address to be notified when the book is available for ordering. You will then be notified directly by the producer’s of the book and be given a link in which to purchase the book.

In answer to any questions regarding whether or not there will be any programs upcoming where you will be given the opportunity to donate to this wonderful new project of Clay’s; yes there will be. This is just the beginning step.

This first step, is just enabling you to receive notice of the book’s availability. For the first few weeks, one vendor will provide the book. However, when that time period is up, we, working along with clayaikenworld.com and the producers of the book, will be launching a wonderful campaign where donations of the book and personal participation will be welcomed.

Further details will be provided, and this thread updated as we receive them. So, stay tuned.

If you have any questions pertaining to this project, please PM or email: ClayRocks@claytonaiken.com or sharmardo@claytonaiken.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is greeneyes:  I may be a grownup - but I sure do love to hear Clay talk!! So you can bet I'll be buying a copy of this for ME as well as my granddaughter!!!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 11:44:46 AM »

"Arthur Celebrity Audiobook'' Now Available for Purchase Exclusively at Amazon.com

SEATTLE --(Business Wire)-- July 2, 2004
Clay Aiken, Kevin Bacon, Kelly Ripa, and other Celebrities Narrate Stories from Marc Brown's Top-rated Children's Series; Clay Aiken Shares Exclusive Bonus Track with Amazon Customers

Amazon.com LLC, an Amazon.com, Inc. company (Nasdaq:AMZN), today announced that the "Arthur Celebrity Audiobook" -- a new children's audiobook featuring such notable artists as Clay Aiken, Kevin Bacon, and Kelly Ripa narrating stories from the popular "Arthur Adventure Series" -- is now available for purchase exclusively on Amazon.com.

Arthur is the first title in the new "Stories for Heroes" audiobook series, in which children's stories are brought to life by popular sports and entertainment personalities. A majority of the "Stories for Heroes" sales proceeds benefit children's charities.

Visitors to Amazon.com can also access a free audio stream of an exclusive bonus story, "Arthur's Teacher Trouble," narrated by Clay Aiken. The audiobook and bonus track can be easily accessed at www.amazon.com/arthur.

"We're very excited to be sharing 'Stories for Heroes' with consumers, and have chosen to launch the series exclusively on Amazon.com to make it easy for people to find and discover the 'Arthur Celebrity Audiobook' and help us support these important children's charities," said Clay Aiken, recording artist and narrator on the "Arthur Celebrity Audiobook."

A majority of the sales proceeds from the "Arthur Celebrity Audiobook" will be donated to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, which is the worldwide leader in the fight against pediatric AIDS; the National Education Association Health Information Network, which is dedicated to improving the health and safety of students and school personnel; and the Bubel/Aiken Foundation, which provides services and financial assistance to facilitate the integration of children with disabilities into the life environment of children without.

"The Arthur children's series is a perennial Amazon.com customer favorite," said Amazon editor Daphne Durham. "We're honored to support the 'Stories for Heroes' launch by introducing the 'Arthur Celebrity Audiobook' to our customers, who are not only sure to enjoy the audiobook, but also the exclusive bonus story from Clay Aiken."

The "Arthur Celebrity Audiobook" is an enhanced audio CD that features stories, pictures, music, games, and educational content for children, parents and teachers, and was produced by New York-based (212)MEDIA. To learn more about the audiobook, enjoy the exclusive bonus content, and explore more Arthur products, visit www.amazon.com/arthur. The "Arthur Celebrity Audiobook" is eligible for Amazon.com's free Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.

About the Arthur Children's Series

Created by Marc Brown, Arthur is one of the premier brands in children's entertainment. The PBS television program is the top-Nielson rated show for kids ages 2 to 5, reaching nearly 9 million homes twice a day. More than 49 million Arthur books have been sold since 1996, and more than 7 million Arthur videos are sold annually.

TMC NET
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 04:34:04 AM »

In my email this morning:

Clay and TBAF announce the Arthur Celebrity Audiobook!

We are happy to announce the Stories for Heroes – Arthur Celebrity
Audiobook featuring Clay Aiken, Kevin Bacon, Marcia Gay Harden, Kelly
Ripa and many more of your favorite celebrities. The Audiobook is now
available for purchase!

To order a copy, please go to:
http://www.storiesforheroes.com/buy.htm
All major credit cards are accepted.

Available exclusively at Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0975404903/qid=108843%202575/www
storiesfor-20          

The proceeds of the Audiobook will benefit three wonderful charities
working to improve the lives of children around the country: The
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), the National
Education Association (NEA), and the Bubel/Aiken Foundation (TBAF).

We need your help!
Please support the charities by sending this along to 5 friends!

To learn more about Stories for Heroes,
please visit our web site at
http://www.storiesforheroes.com

Sincerely,
The Stories for Heroes Team

Support our promotional partner:
https://www.clubmom.com/display/175420  
Join ClubMom FREE! The national membership organization for moms rewards and celebrates moms for all they do!

Stories for Heroes is a  http://www.212media.com  Production
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 04:51:45 AM »

Aiken brings Arthur to life for AIDS fund

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK – "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken is among the celebrities bringing Arthur the Aardvark to life in a new series of audiobooks called "Stories for Heroes."

Aiken, who had been studying to become a teacher when he was selected to be on the Fox make-a-star show, says it didn't take much convincing to participate in the project, which benefits children's charities, including his own. "When the National Education Association and the Glaser AIDS fund asked if I'd participate, I said, 'I'd not only like to be involved, I want to be your spokesperson.'"

Proceeds from the "Arthur Celebrity Audiobook," available exclusively on Amazon.com through mid-August, will go to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, the National Education Association Health Information Network and the Bubel/Aiken Foundation, which promotes inclusion of children with disabilities at school, camp and other activities.

"'Arthur' books were some of the books I used to read kids as a special ed teacher. Some of the most popular books for third to fifth graders were Arthur," Aiken said. "The show is one of the very few cartoons now that's not so commercialized; it's on PBS for goodness sake!"

When dealing with young children, reading becomes more like a performance, says Aiken. "You have to make the story entertaining, it's not like I'm doing Bill Clinton's audio book. ... For this, I had to do different voices for the characters and hit the punch lines a lot harder."

Other celebrities who can be heard on the "Arthur" book are Kevin Bacon, Marcia Gay Harden and Kelly Ripa with music recorded by Ziggy Marley.

NORTHWEST HERALD
Invisible Touch
Claymaniac

Minneapolis, MN

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 06:20:23 PM »

Quote from: Pamela

"For this, I had to do different voices for the characters and hit the punch lines a lot harder."

I wasn't sure if I was going to buy the Arthur audiobook or not, but this statement definately made me make up my mind!  This I would love to hear.  What the heck, it benefits some wonderful charities!

"Clay Aiken is an ordinary-extraordinary human being.  I hope we always remember to treat him as that human being rather than the idol he chooses not to be."  – Kathy Malamut (Beavers on Idol)
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2004, 02:05:10 PM »

I received my Arthur CD (book) this morning.  Clay sounds so cute!  I didn't even care if I listened anymore.  Seriously, though, I will.  The first two stories before his are cute too.   They send good messages to kids.  I am sure that is what it all about.  

He would make such a good father.  I love a guy that loves kids.

Linda

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
songbird457
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 03:15:21 PM »

I got my Arthur book today and I can't wait to listen to it!! yippee!  :D
Ilovetowrite
UltimateFan

hi
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2004, 08:08:14 PM »

Hi thanks for telling us that the book is out. I was searching just the other day.

Keeper of Clays straight hair and Flip flops.

CLAY'S BUS BABE.
Clays Traveling Gypsy.
songbird457
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 09:46:42 AM »

Arthur update!!

It's sooo cute. Clay's track that he reads is by far the cutest and most animated IMO.  :D and it's so neat knowing that it supports all of the foundations and organizations (BAF, NEA and Elizabeth Glaser pediatric AIDS).
Anita
SuperFan

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2004, 05:56:02 PM »

Got notified today that my audiobook has been shipped.  Can't wait to hear him. :)  :)

I Believe -  Our background and  circumstances may influence who we are,but we are responsible for who we become
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2004, 06:55:30 PM »

When I ordered this, I thought it was just an audio book - I didn't realize that it was enhanced, so that the Arthur books could be seen on the computer screen as the book was being read. It is really wonderful. The best part, of course, is Clay, but there are nine Arthur books - I expected only two or three. I watched today with my five year old granddaughter (I also ordered her her own copy), and we both loved it.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2004, 03:40:13 PM »

Family briefs: Aiken meets an Aardvark and more

05:21 PM CDT on Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Aiken meets Arthur in audiobook series

American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken is among the celebrities bringing Arthur the Aardvark to life in a new series of audiobooks called Stories for Heroes.

Mr. Aiken, who had been studying to become a teacher when he was selected to be on the Fox make-a-star show, says it didn't take much persuasion to participate in the project, which benefits children's charities, including his own.

Proceeds from the Arthur Celebrity Audiobook, available exclusively on Amazon.com through mid-August, will go to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, the National Education Association Health Information Network and the Bubel/Aiken Foundation, which promotes inclusion of children with disabilities at school, camp and other activities.

Other celebrities who can be heard on the book are Kevin Bacon, Marcia Gay Harden and Kelly Ripa, with music recorded by Ziggy Marley.

DALLASNEWS

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2004, 05:03:22 AM »

I ordered both the Arthur audio book and the John Torres biography on Clay yesterday from Amazon.com.  I was able to save on shipping costs by buying both.  My Barnes and Nobles told me that the biography was not due out until next July, so we shall see. :?

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2004, 02:12:35 PM »

I pre-ordered Clay's biography months ago from Amazon - it was supposed to be shipped July 6, but wasn't. Now it's supposed to be shipped July 21 (they said they were delayed getting their order from the publisher). I hope it is really going to be shipped this time.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2004, 02:02:06 PM »

Aiken, Arthur team up

"American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken is among the celebrities bringing Arthur the Aardvark to life in a new series of audiobooks called "Stories for Heroes."

Aiken, who had been studying to become a teacher when he was selected to be on the Fox make-a-star show, says it didn't take much convincing to participate in the project, which benefits children's charities, including his own. "When the National Education Association and the Glaser AIDS fund asked if I'd participate, I said, 'I'd not only like to be involved, I want to be your spokesperson."

Proceeds from the "Arthur Celebrity Audiobook," available exclusively on Amazon .com through mid-August, will go to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, the National Education Association Health Information Network and the Bubel/Aiken Foundation, which promotes inclusion of children with disabilities at school, camp and other activities.

Other celebrities who can be heard on the "Arthur" book are Kevin Bacon, Marcia Gay Harden and Kelly Ripa with music recorded by Ziggy Marley.

INDYSTAR

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Ilovetowrite
UltimateFan

Hi
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2004, 05:37:03 PM »

Hi everyone, I was at amazon.com and they have the  Arthur  tape and if you go to the site there is a message from Clay that you can click on hear him talk about the book.

Keeper of Clays straight hair and Flip flops.

CLAY'S BUS BABE.
Clays Traveling Gypsy.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx