gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:59:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 275
Total: 275

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help Support My Cause for Breast Cancer  (Read 12748 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 08:22:07 PM »

Congratulations on a successful event Chrisie!!

Clapping    Purple Banana    Clapping    Purple Banana    Clapping
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 10:51:07 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS, CHRISIE!!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007, 06:29:34 AM »

Well, what can I say.... I wish I could truly get across what this week-end is like b/c I know everyone would want to do it.

Opening ceremonies for this really gets you motived to walk 60km over 2 days.  There are speeches from SURVIVORS, from there families. from there children  etc... and the music they play just make you cry like a baby. Here is a pic of the beginning....

Us right before the opening ceremonies...yes, our shirts say " SAVE THE TA'S TA'S !!!! " If you don't know me, I'm the last one on the right.

and this is the opening ceremonies and the survivors walk between in the aisle and the CN tower is behind there too.

Every 5km is a "pit stop " where you can go to the bathroom and get food and they feed you like crazy. All the stops are themed, so I took a littel video to show you. This was on the second day and the theme was the 70"s

How fun is that !!!  Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana

And here we are at the end of the first day after walking 33km.

And this is us at the ending just before the finish line.

And this is my reason for walking...  my girls.. Huggles

There were 5,531 walkers this year and we raised a record setting $17.3 million dollars   Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana wow wow wow wow

This was the 2nd year out of 5 that I have done this walk and raising $2000 each year is very very difficult. My group does alot of fundraising to help, but even that sometimes isn't alot. The maniac family has been very very helpful each year to me and I can't thank you enough.  Huggles
I didn't register to do the walk again next year b/c of the fundraising. I have a hard time asking the same people year after year to help even though this cause is such a worthy one. I'm still up in the air. I said I would take a year off and do it again the following year, but when you are there in the moment, you say to yourself,  " how can I not do it."  When everytime you turn around, you here of someone you know getting cancer, you say I have to do this. So if I don'
t do this one, I will do others. There is alot of these type events up here, so I have alot of options for sure.

But Princess Margret Hospital in Toronto is one of the leading hospitals for research and with this walk each year, they will find a cure. They donated a special monument  outside there hospital this year stating the WEEKEND TO END BREAST CANCER WALK on the plaque. I wanted to share that pic as well with you.

Thank you again Maniac family for all your love and support the last 2 years for me. Honestly, without you guys, my fundrasing, as difficult as it is, would have been a heck of alot harder. Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

My love to all of you.

Chrisie

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 06:35:53 AM »

Congratulations Chrisie!!!!

Thanks for sharing all the pics.  Ya know we will help whenever we can, just let us know when you plan to do this again!!!!!!

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 09:02:39 AM »

Chrisie, what a huge success this walk was! Clapping Thank you for your dedication, and hard work on this cause so close to many of our hearts.  Huggles

Your girls were your cheerleaders!  Love their shirts!

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2007, 09:03:10 AM »

Chrisie, what a huge success this walk was! Clapping Thank you for your dedication, and hard work on this cause so close to many of our hearts.  Huggles

Your girls were your cheerleaders!  Love their shirts!

karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2007, 09:06:01 AM »

Ooops I goofed....and no "delete" button over here!   

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2007, 07:37:03 AM »

Chrisie, my dear friend you amaze with your devotion and passion with which once again you took on the challenge to fundraise for this wonderful cause Clapping Clapping
I am proud to support you and call you friend.  Seeing the picture of you with Taylor and Tori really brings home how we need to keep researching this heinous disease for our children's future.
I love you with all my heart :heartburst

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
claydevotee
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2007, 07:51:34 AM »

Well done, dear CHRISIE!  Clapping  I know that finding a cure for breast cancer SOON is so very near and dear to your heart.  On behalf of all the breast cancer survivors of the world, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your enthusiasm and sacrifice for this cause!   

Love,

Thea
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2007, 11:29:39 AM »

CHRISIE !  You make us so very proud!   Your dedication to this Cancer Walk is an inspiration to all of us!

Thank you so much for participating in this event!  You are a beautiful person  . . . inside and out! Clapping

Thank you for allowing us to be supportive of you in this important endeavor!

Your daughters are blessed to have such a positive role model.   Huggles

Barbara

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2007, 08:49:04 PM »

Thank you Chrisie for your commitment. We must believe there will be a cure one day.If you got just one woman to go for her mammogram,
you just may have saved a life.

You know it was an honor to support you and all you need to do is ask again..

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2007, 06:12:11 PM »

Thank you everyone.

Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx