gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:47:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 401
Total: 401

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: In what capacity would you prefer to see Clay on TV on a regular basis?
Soap opera
Game show
Sitcom
Drama
Morning news show
Daytime talk show
Reality show
Nighttime talk show
Primetime musical variety show
Entertainment show (ie Insider)
Other (please share)
None of the above

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poll: Clay on TV  (Read 6914 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: March 17, 2007, 05:48:30 PM »

Since being on American Idol, Clay has probably had a stronger television presence than any other artist coming off the show.

He's been on morning, daytime and late night talk shows, two sit coms, all the numerous "e-shows" (ie, Insider, Entertainment Tonight, Extra, Access Hollywood), awards shows, pageants, local Raleigh and LA newscasts, Nickelodeon, MTV, VH1, Canadian TV, two soap operas, four holiday specials, the Disney channel, CNN, Fox News and even.... American Idol.

Clay has even mentioned several times that he would love to have his own talk show, and has guest hosted on Mike & Juliet and Regis & Kelly.

So, our poll question concerns Clay on TV.  IN ADDITION to RECORDING and TOURING bigsmile in what capacity would you prefer to see Clay on TV on a regular basis?

I know the real answer is "anything and everything wooooooo!" but you must choose only one!  I think the results of this one might be interesting!

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 05:53:03 PM »

I chose "Game Show" only because I enjoy seeing Clay being Clay - not acting. I would have liked to have chosen Talk Show, though - he would be a perfect talk show host (he could sing in between guests!  Laughing )

EDIT: When I voted, I could only see the Top 3 choices - never mind - disregard my vote!!!!  lmao

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 05:56:27 PM »

Sorry about that Frankie!  I got interrupted and had to step away a minute.

I reset the counter to -0- so see if you can vote again!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 06:12:14 PM »

I VOTED FOR TALK SHOW BECAUSE I THINK THAT IS WHAT CLAY WANTS.  THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF DAYTIME SHOWS.  I AM HOPING THAT WHATEVER HE IS PLANNING OR WORKING ON INCLUDES USING HIS BEAUTIFUL VOICE.  VOCALLY AND IN ANY OTHER WAY THAT SUITS HIM.

WHATEVER HE DECIDES TO DO, I AM THERE TO SUPPORT HIM AS MUCH AND AS OFTEN AS I CAN.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 07:46:13 PM »

I haven't voted yet, but I was wondering:

If he does a soap, will he take his shirt off?

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 08:24:11 PM »

Now there are too many good choices!!!!! I can't decide!  pull hair I think the ticket stress is alredy getting to me!  crazy (And he could possible remove his shirt on many of these shows!)

EDIT - I went with nightime talk show - more people could see him and become fans (although a daytime show could be recorded to watch at night)

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 08:47:12 PM »

I guess I'm the only one that would like to see Clay have primetime variety show like the one Carol Burnett use to have.. Paranoid
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 09:24:46 PM »

Philly - that would be great, too, I just love to hear him talk, though, and I would love to see him get the chance to really interview people - as in the Larry King Show (Larry King has to retire sometime!  )

franniek54
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 11:17:08 PM »

I also would like to see him do interview shows.  I love serious Clay.  I'd like to see him do a show like Oprah where serious topics can be explored along with lighthearted ones, but always well done, with high standards and some social relevance.  Even if it's just lifting your own spirits by enjoying your "favorite things."  Just the few questions he asked on Tyra were different, more substantive and much more interesting than the standard interview questions.  And he actually listened to the answers.

Just that little bit of daytime gimmickry that he had to do on Reg/Kelly and Mike/Juliet really is unappealing to me.  Clay cooking, doing crafts, and doing schtick?  What a waste.
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 05:51:15 AM »

I chose daytime talk show, because I think we'd see the many sides of Clay.....musical, comedy, and serious.  I would hope the show would be more like Oprah, Ellen, or Tyra where he would talk about some serious topics, ones that are important to him, but also show his humorous side.  I think Clay would be an outstanding interviewer.  He's smart and articulate. He does his research, and he listens.  AND, I don't think he would ever by mean to his guests!  (Can we say Ms. Ripa)?

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 06:07:22 AM »

This is a toughie!!

There are so many daytime talk shows that some have not made it; Megan Mullaly, for one.  Yet, i can see Clay hosting a daytime talk show like Mike Douglas and Merv Griffin used to do;  and they would both sing on their own shows.

But I'm voting for Primetime Musical Variety Show.  There has not been a successful one for a while, and the TV audience may be starting to tire of game shows, reality shows, talk shows, shows with judges, ET/Insider type shows. sitcoms, crime shows, news shows, etc.

Maybe the timing is right for a new primetime musical/variety show!!  bigsmile

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Claygirl
SuperFan

Always have faith, and there will be a way.

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 07:38:43 AM »

I voted for Daytime Talkshow, because it's what Clay wants, and I'd just really love to see him everyday! Plus I just think he'd be really great doing a variety of things like Ellen or Tyra, an opening monolog, interviewing guests, discussing serious topics, doing some comedy skits, cooking segments, with some singing thrown in.  bigsmile He would be in his element, entertaining people.  blush ~Kelly~

Angel Baby Dust ~Kelly~ Baby Dust
Love! I love Clay Aiken! Music heartbeat claymaniacs rocks
Hearing Clay's voice, quiets the ones in my head. Wink
(Clay's biggest fan and David Cook "Word Nerd" #2894!) :heartburst
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 08:41:22 AM »

BWAH, SUNNY.  JUST BWAH. Clapping lmao bigsmile Thud! pigsfly

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 10:26:50 AM »

pigsfly

Yeah, I'll bet you're right about that, Gwenn! Laughing

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 10:45:26 AM »

Yes, that may influence my vote also.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Spikee
Enthusiastic

X X X X

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 11:37:08 AM »

I guess I'm the only one that would like to see Clay have primetime variety show like the one Carol Burnett use to have.. Paranoid

This is a toughie!!

But I'm voting for Primetime Musical Variety Show.  There has not been a successful one for a while, and the TV audience may be starting to tire of game shows, reality shows, talk shows, shows with judges, ET/Insider type shows. sitcoms, crime shows, news shows, etc.

I would love to have him do a show like this too.  I thing he would be able to really shine being able to both sing and talk to guests. 
He has such a great sense of humor, and we all know how wonderful he can sing.   Clapping

I did what I had to ~
On My Way Here
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 03:20:40 PM »

I'm with Philly, Prissy, and Spikee.  I go with Primetime Musical/Variety show.

We could re-invent the genre and make it anything we want.   bigsmile  We could add an interview portion for his guests on the show that week with a desk, couch, and all!!!  Wink

The best variety shows had just that, variety.  Music, comedy, a little bit of everything, so serious interviews would not be out of the realm of possibilities.  I think Clay would be GREAT in this!!!

I LOVED this type of show, and you are right, we haven't seen one in a LONG time.  One of my VERY favorites besides Carol Burnett, of course, was Dolly Parton's show.  Does anyone else remember that???  I absolutely loved it.  I was sorry when it got cancelled.

So....which network do we send in our request to???  Wink

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
Boomer Aries
Clayamateur

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 09:03:33 PM »

I had a hard time choosing just one.  I think Clay would be a great host/performer on a Primetime Musical/Variety Show.  Do any of you remember the John Davidson Show? (I think that's his name -- the singer with the dimples).  But I really enjoyed his guest host appearance on the 'Morning Show with Mike and Juliet,' so I chose Daytime Talk Show. 
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx