gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:52:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 374
Total: 374

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Summer Love with Clay LIVE! The Real and the Rumors  (Read 11660 times)
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 05:40:44 AM »

GOOD NEWS THAT CLAY WILL BE COMING TO NOKIA THEATER IN GRAND PRAIRIE, TEXAS.  GRAND PRAIRIE IS BETWEEN FORT WORTH AND DALLAS AND THE THEATER IS ONLY ABOUT 25 MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE! 

IT WILL BE GREAT TO HAVE CLAY BACK IN TEXAS!!

wheee   wheee   wheee   wheee   wheee   wheee

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
ILClaymate
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 06:40:51 AM »

You don't have to email or call she said. She is getting tons of emails.

I just wanted to 'use my voice' in regards to this.  This kind of thing really bothers me.  I understand that ClayNation is really anxious to hear tour dates but I don't think its a good idea to be contacting (overwhelming) the venues asking if he will be scheduled.  From the latest announcement at the OFC, it sounds like we will get a full tour listing "in the coming days".  Thats fine with me and I'm willing to wait.  If a venue decides to announce it early as San Diego and NY did then thats fine and exciting but I personally think when venues across the country are inundated with calls, it continues to give Clayfans a bad rap.  And I just wonder if some venues wouldn't want to book him because they don't want to deal with 'ClayNation'.

Ok, I'm off my soapbox now.  Laughing  JMO/YMMV of course and no offense intended.  Smile
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 07:27:38 AM »

You don't have to email or call she said. She is getting tons of emails. *g* Just go to their website and sign up for ALL ACCESS!!

Here is the rest of that quote, Clandy.

I logged on to the Nokia site and signed up for the ALL ACCESS.  Very easy to do and they will email me when the Clay concert is scheduled and tickets available. 

I understand how you feel about venues being bombarded with questions.    But another point of view is that it shows how popular Clay still is and that they can look forward to a probable sold out performance. 

I have been pondering this a lot, lately. One very unique thing about Clay is his fans.  Jimmy Kimmel, Jay Leno, and other talk show hosts recognize this about Clay and have come to expect fans to be very enthusiastic and there for Clay.   Sometimes, maybe it's a bad thing, but more often than not, I think it is part of the Clay phenomena;  you get Clay and you expect to get a lot of very supportive fans!  It's almost a package deal when Clay is booked on a talk show.  And I think the talk show hosts would be disappoiinted if the Clay Nation was not there to support Clay.  Just my own thoughts!

Hugs,
Prissy

PS:  I just wanted to add that I think 98% of Clay's fans are normal, sane  people.  It's that nutty 2% that give us all a bad "rap" sometimes.

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
fantasy
Adults
Enthusiastic

Now I'm on my way!

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2007, 08:14:32 AM »

Prissy, I've had All Access for a couple of years and it is a great way to find out who is coming to Nokia.

Clandy, I agree with you. As happy as I am to find out information beforehand and am anxious to hear, I can wait. I never believe anything until it's official anyway. And I think TC needs to work with the venues and have good relationships with them. I know there are some fans who have communicated with venues in the past and it is not a bother for them to ask, but if everyone is doing it, then it doesn't help. When it is time for the ticket announcements, it will be time.

"The last 20 feet are the hardest."
"Maybe I can rest beneath your smile."
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 02:46:49 PM »

You don't have to email or call she said. She is getting tons of emails.

I just wanted to 'use my voice' in regards to this.  This kind of thing really bothers me.

I agree with you Clandy.  It's embarrassing. 

I used to feel that it showed support for Clay until I heard about some of the NASTY things people were saying about Clay fans "harrassing" them and just generally making their days quite miserable, which then reflects back on Clay.

I did it only once, and was basically made fun of by being told to "start a petition."  WTH? I just asked them one question and they acted like a was a fanatic who would start a petition.  I won't do it again.

Unless Clay asks me to.  Smile

That said, I'm well aware that some people are going to do it anyway, whatever their reasons may be.  It's one thing to write once, but some people continue to write back, again and again, asking more questions.  Either they don't respect Clay enough to allow him to announce his own tour, or they want to receive some kind of misplaced accolades for discovering information, or whatever.  So this thread is to post whatever information you may come across so that the entire board can be informed.  If you have previously posted something in Clay Daily or anywhere else on the board, please consider contributing here as well so as to show respect for your fellow board members.

Thankya! 
ILClaymate
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2007, 06:50:11 PM »

This is part of an email about platnium membership to the Nokia Theatre in Grand Prairie, TX sent from the venue.  Clay will be there on July 7th.  Thanks to Frankie for this.

UPCOMING EVENTS NOKIA THEATRE EVENTS:

03.09 Snow Patrol

03.10 Jamie Foxx

03.16 Aaron Lewis of Staind

03.18 Taylor Hicks

03.23 Isley Brothers

03.24 Widespread Panic

03.30 Jerry Lee Lewis

04.01 Cedric the Entertainer

04.05 My Little Pony (4 days, 7 shows)

04.13 The O’Jays

04.17 Mannheim Steamroller

04.19 Diana Ross

04.20 Latin Kings of Comedy hosted by Paul Rodriguez

04.21 Aretha Franklin

04.28 Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends LIVE

05.03 Heaven And Hell with guests Megadeth

05.04 George Lopez

05.05 Rickey Smiley

05.06 George Lopez

05.09 Modest Mouse

05.12 Harry Connick Jr.

05.18 Ed McMahan’s Memories of the Tonight Show

05.30 Seal

05.31 Heart

06.02 Bela Fleck & The Flecktones

06.03 Chayanne

07.07 Clay Aiken

07.13 Martina McBride

05.26 BB King, Etta James & Al Green

09.29 Ten Ten Tenors
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2007, 03:45:14 AM »

Thanks to Clandy for bringing part of the email I received from the Nokia Theatre over from the OCD - what she didn't say was that if you buy a "Platinum License" from the Nokia Theatre, you are guaranteed good seats in the section right in front of the stage for every concert - at $1800 to $2500 PER SEAT - where is my winning Lottery Ticket when I need it!?!?!?  Laughing Paranoid

Oh - and I didn't mention Clay in my email to Nokia - their site just says to send an email if you want more information about their premium memberships, and I did want more information! (they have a "cheaper" membership that is only $1500  for the two sections on either side of the middle  section in front of the stage)  I am also signed up for their Newsletter. I have also signed up for other newsletter lists for the venues in my area - I know that most of them do not have the staff to answer thousands of emails about one artist.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2007, 04:25:38 AM »

FRANKIE - SURE I COULD AFFORD THOSE SEATS IF CLAY PAYS FOR THEM. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

HUGS
RAINEY
Misha
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2007, 11:04:59 AM »

omg... you have GOT to be kidding me!  I finally get a chance to see Clay cause he's coming to Dallas, and he chooses the 7th of July????

That is the WEDDING DAY! 
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2007, 02:36:49 PM »

Good stuff Frankie! Thanks.

omg... you have GOT to be kidding me!  I finally get a chance to see Clay cause he's coming to Dallas, and he chooses the 7th of July????

That is the WEDDING DAY! 

Misha, for real?  Noooooo!  Perhaps the future Mr. Misha would enjoy a Clay Aiken show to kick off the honeymoon?

Somehow, I'm thinking not.  I'm so sorry! 

Ummm.... yay for Clack?   Paranoid
Misha
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2007, 05:44:43 PM »

I'm not kidding.  That is the day of the wedding.  Its even going to be a late in the day wedding.  And no, there will be no Clay on the wedding day.  *sighs*  I haven't seen Clay live in forever!!!

I give up.   bawl
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2007, 09:37:20 AM »

Don't give up Misha - he may do another date nearby, you never know!

This was posted by cathy4clay2 at CV. She had emailed the Detroit Symphony office:

Dear Cathy - thank you for your email. No formal plans yet, but stay
tuned. Clay might be back this summer.

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2007, 10:07:56 AM »

So ... is he gonna announce Utah any time soon? 

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

cathy4clay
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2007, 12:26:29 PM »

....I can't wait to get out my Atlas and start mapping out my plans. I travel with about 17 other Clayfans from Omaha ( Nebraska). We have a blast together!!!

Pam,
           :clapThanks for bringing over my comment I see above from CV.( On CV my name is cathy4clay2.)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2007, 07:44:10 PM »

Hey guys!

We have 12 confirmed dates and are waiting for 8 more.  The summer tour thread has been created, and the link is in the shoutbox as well as the Forum Update thread stickied at the top of Clay Daily.

It's going to be a GREAT SUMMER!!
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2007, 08:11:45 PM »

Anyone for New Hampshire?

From jennysings @ CV
Clay has been confirmed for Meadowbrook, NH. It's on their site!

http://www.meadowbrook.net/?page=event_info&show_code=072507

bigsmile

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2007, 02:27:04 AM »

Anyone for New Hampshire?

From jennysings @ CV
Clay has been confirmed for Meadowbrook, NH. It's on their site!

http://www.meadowbrook.net/?page=event_info&show_code=072507

bigsmile

YIPPEE 7 MORE TO GO!!!! NH HERE I COME--THANKS LINDAY!!!!

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2007, 03:57:17 AM »

ALRIGHT NEW HAMPSHIRE.  I MUST PUT IN FOR THESE DATES.

HUGS
RAINEY
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2007, 04:54:19 PM »

From irishbookgal at CV :

I just got in and I just skimmed back a little bit but I didn't see this mentioned. I belong to the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center and just got an email with upcoming shows.

Clay will be at the TBPAC on August 17th at the Carol Morosini Hall!!!!!!! Tickets go on sale May 25th at noon!

http://www.tbpac.com/shows/show.cfm?recordID=1862

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx