gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:49:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 165
Total: 165

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Co-host Clay on the Mike & Juliet Morning Show *Spoilers & Caps Inside!*  (Read 15594 times)
ILClaymate
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 10:35:17 AM »

From CB:

We thought we'd seen the last of him when he signed to us and then headed outside for the final segment.

After the show was over, the staff asked us to sit tight for a few promos to be filmed. Mike and Juliet came back in (no Clay  ) and were talking to us all about how great he did. Mike mentioned that they weren't really sure how he'd do on the serious news stuff since it was so different but how he'd been terrific!

Then all of a sudden in strides Clay to such thunderous applause and screams that he actually acted startled by it. He went over to shoot some cute promo shots with Juliet and Mike and while they were doing that - it was kinda quiet - and someone (not positive who but I'm sure she'll own up) yelled out asking when we'd have a tour.

He seemed to hesitate about half a second and them very definitively said they were planning something for this summer.

That was all but it was enough - the place went wild again.
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 12:49:07 PM »

Hello!

I just watched my tape of Clay on the Mike and Juliet Good Morning Show.  That was terrific!  I was gone this morning but I set the TiVo also to record it.  Evidently, Skip (my hubby) watched it as it TiVoed.  He thought Clay did a good job. 

How great to see Clay for a whole hour on a show.  Mike and Juliet know how to treat a cohost.  (Kelly needs to take a lesson from them.)

I believe I heard Clay say that he would be traveling for UNICEF in April.  He did not plug his album and he did not sing.  That's the only thing I would have changed;  had him sing.

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 01:16:19 PM »

GOD I CANNOT WAIT TO GET HOME AND WATCH MY TAPE.  HE SURE LOOKED HANDSOME AND I LOVED HIM IN THAT CAMEL COAT.  HE SURE COULD BE A MODEL. Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud!
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2007, 01:16:41 PM »

OH MY GOODNESS!

What a day!

I'm home! I'm exhausted!

Clay is beautiful!

Marilyn is the bestest!

And I'm going to get some sleep!

I will elaborate more after I've managed to recover some more.

Needless to say it was a day of ups and downs and COLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD hands! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2007, 01:44:03 PM »

WHAT?!?!?!?  Don't you dare go to sleep without giving us details, missy!   Smile

Where's Marilyn?

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2007, 01:51:36 PM »

not to fear Micki! Not to fear! I will give more details but trust me I need sleep first. lots of sleep.

I'm finally warming up too!

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2007, 01:59:16 PM »

Hey Marilyn and Susy!  wave  Saw you guys bundled up  in the open air green room.   cold I waved back at you!  Wink  Can't wait to hear all about it. 

What a difference having gracious and warm hosts can have on the outcome of a show.  Mike & Juliette did a wonderful job allowing Clay to actually co-host the show.  Mike did a fantastic job of including Clay in the conversations and interviews.  He actually asked him questions!  That concept was totally absent the last time he co-hosted a certain talk show.  I feel like M&J really took care of him and genuinely enjoyed having him on the show.  Something else that was lacking from that "other" show with the self-centered host.

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2007, 02:26:20 PM »

From CV:

~Click to make big~

bigsmile

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2007, 03:24:04 PM »

WOW!!!  I can't wait to watch the show!!!!!      But I don't get it here, so I will have to download it.  More stuff to add to my computer.   Wink

Thanks y'all for providing pictures and information. Can't wait to hear more from Susy and Marilyn!!!

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2007, 03:31:16 PM »

LOVED THE SHOW!!!!  CLAY WAS GREAT.  JULIET MUST BE ADDED TO THE LIST.  COULD NOT KEEP HER HANDS OFF OF HIM.   Naughty Thud!

THEY WERE GRACIOUS HOSTS AND ALLOWED CLAY TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING.  MY ONLY COMPLAINT---PLEASE, ENOUGH ABOUT "US."

LOVED HOW HE LOOKED LAST NIGHT AT THE KAREOKE BAR.  LOVED THAT OUTFIT.

GOTTA REWATCH IT WHEN I AM ALONE.  BARRY WATCHED WITH ME AND THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT.  WELL, NOT OUR KIND OF GREAT. bigsmile

LOVE THAT MAN.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2007, 04:33:45 PM »

I was so happy with the way the show went. Clay was so welcomed and made to feel so special. Marilyn and Soz,,!!! I was so excited to see you. You were in alot of the "Grren Room" shots..freezing your tootsies off, I and not feeling any pain, I'm sure.

Juliet sure does lve her some CLAY!!

We ought to  make her an official.. CLAYMANIAC!!!

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2007, 07:54:42 PM »

What...no recaps?

I tried to download today...twice.   Grr. 

Tomorrow is another day.

Thanks for the pics though!  Lindsay, those hi res ones are fantastic!  I just put them in the gallery. 

Thanks all!

And, here's some more.

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2007, 08:57:26 PM »

I took the Long Island Railroad and arrived at Penn Station in NY at 7:05, then I walked from 31st street and 7th to 47th Street between 6th and 7th ave. The studio is at 133 W. 47th and the hotel was at 157 W. 47th- fortuitous, huh? I checked in and waited for Susy. For some reason I thought her bus got in at 7:10 and then she would take a cab from Port Authority to the hotel. Got very nervous at 7:45 and called her Mom to get the cell phone number- oops! Anyway, her bus was late and she arrived around 8:45. Of course by that time my ribs were sticking out from starvation. (Yeah, right)
A short note- the hotel room. When I booked, it was a queen sized bed. When we got to the room, it had morphed into a coffee table with a mattress. In the bathroom you could take a shower while leaning out to brush your teeth in the sink-and that’s while leaning across the commode! The place was very clean, though. From the end of the bed to the opposite wall, on which resided a plasma tv- was no more than 12-18 inches. You had to walk sideways.
We decided we needed to eat so we walked a couple of blocks to Olive Garden- but it had a 25-30 minute wait and it was already after nine, so we ended up at Sbarro’s. I had chicken francaise and Susy had pizza. We then walked to Toys R Us to see the giant ferris wheel inside the store . It was fun. I wouldn’t go on the ride with Susy becoss I am askairt of heights. Yah, I know….cluck,cluck
So we found a store to buy croissants for the morning, and went to the room to sleep. Or so we thought. You know, its pretty NOISY in the City- and the lights are BRIGHT and the bed was SMALL. I was afraid to move so I kept waking up. Susy says I make little noises and moans in my sleep. I think she’s telling a fib. And so are Lorraine, Linda, Tammy, Glory- when they say the same thing.  (But Susy DOES snore a little)

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2007, 08:58:36 PM »

We set a wake up call for 4 a.m. – got ready, checked out, and walked down the street a bit.
There were about 30 or so people ahead of us. In fact, the woman in front turned around and she was from the LI Clayfans group with whom I meet up once a month. Screams and hugs later, and we all chatted.
Susy will tell you all about her Irish friend, and the guy who talked to her also.
About 6:30 a guy from oh, maybe 6 or 8 stories opened up the window and yelled at us to be quiet- he needed to sleep another couple of hours. Truthfully, we were NOT loud, just talking regular voices, and the horns and trucks were many times louder.
Anyway, we met bigappleforclay, one of the videographers, who had checked out the front of the line. There were workmen putting up bleachers, and they told her it was for the VIP “green” room, which was now changed to the “viewing area”. We got apprehensive, but one of the guys told Susy that someone would come out and check our names against the list, then separate us into 2 lines- confirmed tickets and standby. Which they did about 7:00 or so. We were on the first line, about 40 back.
Well, as you all know by now, there were 52 seats in the studio, 30 of them were taken by VIP’s, and then they let about 20 of the other fans in. The guy had told Susy we were guaranteed VIP green room seating, with special surprises.
Oh yes, we sure were surprised!! 2nd row bleachers. I think a have a case of permanent tush freeze. If we had known we were going to be outside, we sure would have dressed warmer! I had a think pantsuit on and Susy had a skirt and short sleeve blouse underneath her jacket. Luckily my coat was warm and I had gloves. Susy’s hands were turning blue until a kind lady behind us gave her an extra pair of gloves.
I will have to say, though, once we were resigned to fate, we started to have fun. The warm up guy Errol was SOOOO funny! He would cheer us on during commercials.We had a screen in front of us that we could see what was going on, with speakers. However we did NOT see what went on during commercials. They did not seem to be too long, and the sound was still on-didn’t seem like to much audience interaction, but someone who was inside the studio would know.
Errol arranged for every single person on the bleachers to get hot chocolate, and he gave us all t-shirts (no phones for us, though). Also, Mike and Juliette came out a couple of times, and then brought Clay with them a couple more times. He was soooo close!!
I won’t go into the show itself, because I am sure you have all downloaded.
I have to say that Clay looked WONDERFUL in that camel colored coat!! Did you all see those SHOULDERS?? They looked even better in person. He did a GREAT job of co-hosting! And they want him to come back!
Poor baby was sick, though, and he was shivering while outside. I hope he goes home and rests up for the gala.
And how HOT was it when he imitated the karaoke guy doing that song that he couldn’t get out of his mind?? I bet you he COULD do that type of song- totally different voice, and really gooood!! And the Clay/Juliette interaction last night?? Niiiiiiiiiice!!

Before we left, Errol said we could put our names down for VIP tickets in the future and he would personally guarantee we could get in the studio.
However, it won’t be for Clay, because they don’t know when he will return. So we might go in on memorial day, if anyone good is appearing.

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2007, 09:06:02 PM »

Also met butterflyshine from OFC (I sat next to her in Red Bank) and a couple of people from Clayversity. There were a diverse age group too! The girl in the white coat is Nicole (Claysbabygurrl) from Clayversity. Talked to her Mom a bit, too!

Our boyfriend looked great, sounded great, and did a wonderful job. I love him!!
I took a few pics and here you go.

look at the LASHES!

Clay doing the crowd silencer:

and the SHOULDERS!! (took this from the screen in front)

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2007, 09:10:29 PM »

And here is Errol- wearing a NJ Clayfan jacket!!

Errol told us they were overwhelmed with the responses for the tickets- they had never had this happen before. I told him.."Its CLAY! This will happen all the time!!".  He said they were originally going to have a green room inside, but it would still have been very small- so they did the bleachers to accomodate as many fans as they could. There were over a 100 people on the bleachers, and more came a little later and we squeezed over. Evidently it cost them quite a bit to have the bleachers set up!
So, temperature aside, it was a great day!!!

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2007, 11:02:53 PM »

Marilyn !

Wonderful recap and scrumptious pictures!   Clapping

Clay looked amazing.  I picked you out of the crowd immediately and I assume that Ms. Susy was right next to you!  You guys looked good!  Good Claymaniac representation! 

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2007, 03:25:22 AM »

Marilyn, that was a great review!  Glad you and Susy got to go.

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2007, 05:05:35 AM »

Pics courtesy of butterflyshine at CV :

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2007, 05:06:31 AM »

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx