gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:18:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 197
Total: 197

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK February 17 & 18  (Read 9111 times)
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 05:57:46 AM »

Good Morning Marilyn and Friends wave wave wave wave wave wave wave

Marilyn - such great news for the weekend.  Heck lets head to North Carolina and see what Clay things they are selling.  Wouldn't that be something if we lived there and we could just hop in the car and go.  Thanks for all the great news.

Lora - you too.  Love to come here and see more and more.

Will check back later for updates.

Hugs
Rainey
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2007, 11:54:58 AM »

Just a note - if you choose to hit those links on the first page to listen to A Thousand Days or watch the video...

please access the big market stations first - Chicago, New York.  It's more meaningful there. Wink  Oh, and if you are one who doesn't really care for the video, just shrink the window and listen.

Hey, Britney must be worried about Clay sneaking up on her on the search engine rankings; so much so that she went and shaved her head!  That should keep her up in the number one spot for a while!

Laughing

Thanks for the news, news mistresses!

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2007, 02:41:14 PM »

Pamela - now who wouldn't like Clay's video.  Too funny about Brittany.  Clay just has to be Clay but some people have to go beyond being themselves to be number one.

Hugs
Rainey
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2007, 03:31:52 PM »

Thanks for the news Marilyn. wave

Lolita

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2007, 06:19:25 PM »

Clay stopped by Jimmy Kimmel Live on Valentine's Day. His second Valentine's Day appearance in three years. I'm hoping it becomes an annual event. Clay received many gifts from the fans including at least $17,000 for his foundation, The Bubel-Aiken Foundation which works for inclusion of children with disabilities into programs for children without. Clay came out bearing gifts for Jimmy: an airbrushed shirt with Clay's face on it (to match the airbrushed Jimmy face on his shirt) and some M&M's inscribed with "Aiken for Kimmel". The segment was rather short, but we did find out that Clay will be taking a UNICEF trip in the next few months, and that he had some dental work done the day before. His two front teeth slanted in so he had them fixed. They look good if not as Clay said himself, "blindingly white".

THERE WAS A MAN

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2007, 06:28:31 PM »

AOL HAS POLL FOR BEST CLIP OF THE WEEK!! CLAYS SONG IS ONE OF THEM

AOL TOP 5 POLL

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2007, 06:30:48 PM »

FOR ALL YOU CSI LOVERS, HERE IS A CLIP OF THE INTERACTION BETWEEN THE TWO LEADING CHARACTERS, SET TO "LOA"

LOVER ALL ALONE-CSI

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2007, 06:35:03 PM »

FROM PINK ARMCHAIR AT CV ( I LOVE HER SKITS)

CLAY AND KIMMEL: AFTERPARTY BUZZ

(Clay is in the car on the way home from the airport. His cell phone rings; he answers.)

Clay: What’s up, Jimmy?

Kimmel: Hey, Pepsodent Boy. Just wanted to check in with you and say thanks again for the shirt.

Clay (laughs): Hey, yore welcome. Ah hope ya git LOTS o’ wear out of it.

Kimmel: Oh, it’s perfect for any occasion. I was thinking of wearing it to Sarah’s party, but I’m afraid she’ll steal it off my back. She thinks Japanese anime characters are hawt. So...the candy hearts thing worked pretty well, didn’t you think?

Clay: Shore. Mebbe next time you kin have me on fer Chinese New Year an’ Ah kin make up a song about fortune cookies.

Kimmel: Yeah...the chorus could be “Between the Sheets.” Hmmm...I’m liking that idea. Or better yet, we’ll just have you sing a Chinese takeout menu. My writers’ll love it...nothing like getting the night off.

Clay: There ya go. (yawns) Sorry, Jimmy -- Ah’m still worn out from takin’ the red eye the other night.

Kimmel: Well, I noticed you ducked out of my party early. No surprise there, I guess.

Clay: Well, Ah had a Committee meetin’ in Washington, y'know--

Kimmel (facetiously): Ooooh, that’s right, Mister Government Appointee. I’m sooo impressed.

Clay (good naturedly): Oh, shut yore yap. Ah wouldn’ta stayed long anyway, an’ you know it. Ah’m sorry, Jimmy, but yore parties rilly do attract the strangest buncha people.

Kimmel: Hey, I invited YOU, y'know.

Clay: True. But c’mon...y'know what Ah mean.

Kimmel (sighs): Yeah, I do. Well, can I help it if I throw a great party? And I think a lot of people crashed it ‘cause they wanted to meet you.

Clay: Well, Ah’ve alriddy met a lotta those folks waaay too many times. (eyeroll) Didja know Kathy Griffin told me mah new teeth make me look like Mister Ed?

Kimmel: Please. She should talk. Smack her on the ass and she’d whinny.

Clay: Yeah, Ah guess it takes one ta know one. An' then there was that weird guy.

Kimmel: Which one? There were a lot to choose from.

Clay: That chunky lookin’ guy -- Ah think it was a guy? -- with the pink pompadour in that “Feed Nicole” tee-shirt? He kept starin' at me an' mouthin' somethin.' Never figgered out what.

Kimmel: Oh, him. He slithers in everywhere. I always have to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn’t steal the silverware.

Clay: What was with that can of Reddi-Whip he was carryin’ around?

Kimmel (deadpan): I have no freakin’ idea. Now, Clay...you can’t tell me you weren’t having a good time. You sure seemed to be getting along well with Gabrielle Union.

Clay: Yeah, she’s a rill nice girl. Ah think mebbe we had a mistunderstandin,’ though.

Kimmel: What do you mean?

Clay: Well, she kept askin’ me if Ah liked her present -- an’ lickin' her lips an' winkin’ at me, which was weird -- an’ Ah kept tellin’ her it was rilly nice but Ah’m allergic ta chocolate. Finally, she stomped off in a huff...Ah don’t know why. (shrugs)

Kimmel: Well, Clay...maybe she--oh, skip it. Anyway, Howie Mandel seemed glad to see you.

Clay: Ah guess. But Ah don’t feel comfortable bein’ grilled ‘bout mah whole medical history jest so somebody’ll shake hands with me.

Kimmel: Speaking of hands, I saw that promo Mike and Juliet put out. Great stuff! That’s gonna be a fun show. Hey, how come you’ve never put your hand over MY mouth?

Clay (sarcastically): Why, Jimmy...ya never asked. Gee, if Ah’d only known! Seems like Ah’ve put mah hands over everbody’s mouth in Hollywood.

Kimmel: And New York.

Clay (laughs): And New York. So, y’know, it jest doesn’t seem special anymore. An’ Mike n’ Juliet photoshopped that picture anyhow.

Kimmel: Well, have a good time with them, but you’d better not like 'em better than ME.

Clay (solemnly): Jimmy, Ah swayre on a Krispy Kreme franchise, Ah could never like anyone as much as you. Hey...jest wonderin’...what’d ya do with that heart-shaped bed?

Kimmel: Oh, I was thinking of making it a fixture in my green room. Why?

Clay: Oh, Ah don’t know...mah TV room is lookin’ kinda bayre--

Kimmel: Say no more. I’ll ship it out there.

Clay: Rilly? Hey, thanks! Jest let me know when it’s comin,’ will ya? Ah wanna call WRAL...

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2007, 06:47:29 PM »

HERE IS THE CHANNEL ONE POLL. CLAY IS ON IT FOR THE SECOND WEEK IN A ROW-FOUR FROM THE BOTTOM. HE IS AHEAD SO FAR- BUT J T 'S FANS ARE STARTING TO VOTE ON IT.

CHANNEL ONE

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2007, 08:06:09 PM »

from cats4clay at CV:

Please forgive me if this has already been posted, but I have a Clay sighting!!!!!
My son is at a Christian concert in Greensboro (at least I think it's Greensboro), and Steven Curtis-Chapman is one of the artists performing. Well, my son just called me from the concert to say that Clay came out on stage and sang "The Great Adventure" with Steven. My son said to tell all the CV people that Clay looked and sounded great -- and that he was wearing a blazer and jeans. My son said that he had left me a message on the answering machine at home with as much of the song as he could get. I'm going to listen now. Oh my gosh!!!!!!!

I just listened to the message. You can make out that it's Clay, but it's very fuzzy. What I could make out were all of the screams for our boyfriend!!!!! My son said the audience was going crazy!!!!! eeeeeeeee!!!!!

Just one more tiny little piece of information from my son. He just called and said that the concert just ended, and at the end they said, "Let's hear it one more time for Clay Aiken," and he said the crowd went crazy again. I really love hearing that!!!!!

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2007, 08:12:07 PM »

MORE ON THE ABOVE CONCERT

From the CH:

QUOTE("Jazzy")
Do Steven Curtis Chapman fans post video?

My friend is at this concert and I called her. The first thing she said to me was "You'll never guess what just happened" I told her it is already on the boards. She said that she got video, but doesn't know how well it turned out. Cross your fingers.

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2007, 10:02:31 PM »

RECAP FROM MYHEART4CLAY AT CV, WHO WAS AT THE SCC CONCERT:

Hey guys! I was at the SCC concert tonight and I have a picture and a video. Just a warning, they aren't the greatest because we got there really late and ended up having to sit behind the stage because of the concert being general addmission, but hopefully it will hold you off until some better things come out.

Here is the picture (of course it is clickable) and then I will upload the video to youtube in a minute (well actually it has to be megaupload because it is to big for youtube).

I still can't believe he was actually there! You should have seen my friends and I when we heard the MC say "Clay Aiken is in the house tonight." I thought we were all going to have a heart attack. At first I thought they may just be joking around to see what the crowd would do. Thank goodness we were wrong! During SCC's set, we saw him walk into the backstage area. That got us even more excited! He was with a girl who we think was his cousin who was on tour with him this Christmas. Clay was taken to the other side of the stage from all the people who were watching the show from backstage. I said to my friend, "Wouldn't it be cool if Clay sang a duet of All About Love with SCC?" She was like, "Ya, but I don't see him singing since it is SCC show." I agreed because he usually doesn't want to steal someone elses thunder. About a song later, he started to walk up onto the stage a squat down in the back corner of the stage. Now I'm hitting my friend and just about hyperventilating and I'm saying "He is going to sing! He is going to sing!" Then SCC started singing a song that sounded familiar to me, but it wasn't All About Love. The next thing I know he is introducing Clay by saying "Everyone give a warm welcome to Clay Aiken!" The crowd goes wild and Clay comes out and starts singing. By this point I am about to have a heart attack and I finally realize it is the Great Adventure. I take a few pictures and then I realize. Hello, my camera takes video. I start recording and get the rest of the song and where he walks off stage. I tried to contain my screams, but at the end you will hear me scream because I just had to let out one big one when SCC said, "Give it up for Clay Aiken" and Clay gave his cute little bow and walked off the stage.

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2007, 05:22:16 AM »

GOOD MORNING MISS MARILYN.  WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS AND THANKS FOR SHOWING US THE PIC FROM THE SCC CONCERT.  MAYBE THERE WILL BE MORE CLACK.

CLAY NEEDS TO GET OUT ON THE ROAD AND GIVE US A TOUR.  IT IS IN HIS BLOOD.

WILL CHECK BACK LATER FOR UPDATES.

HUGS
RAINEY
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2007, 06:24:50 AM »

HERE IS THE SENDSPACE VIDEO OF THE CONCERT LAST NIGHT!

GREAT ADVENTURE

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2007, 07:03:05 AM »

SOME SCREENCAPS FROM THE VIDEO:

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2007, 07:04:50 AM »

HERE ARE SOME PICS TAKEN BY A GUY AT THE CONCERT:

SOMEONE LIGHTENED AND CROPPED ONE OF THEM:

grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2007, 07:28:09 AM »

Stephen Curtis Chapman & his music has always been a favorite of Clay's, so it's cool he was able to perform with him. I remember Clay once saying SCC is a great example of what he'd like to be/have  . . . a successful singing career with industry respect, a happy & fulfilled marriage, and kids.

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2007, 08:12:37 AM »

Stephen Curtis Chapman & his music has always been a favorite of Clay's, so it's cool he was able to perform with him. I remember Clay once saying SCC is a great example of what he'd like to be/have  . . . a successful singing career with industry respect, a happy & fulfilled marriage, and kids.

Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping  SOUNDS TERRIFIC GRANDMAOF6.  CLAY DESERVES RESPECT AND HE ISN'T GETTING IT FROM THE INDUSTRY HE IS IN RIGHT NOW.
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2007, 08:57:09 AM »

Well, Chapman rocked the crowd, as he's apt to do. And about 2/3rds of the way through his set he did something that had been joked about once or twice already by the performers, but I don't think anybody took them seriously. But, it happened: Clay Aiken walked onstage and started singing! Yes, the Clay Aiken! How they kept that one under wraps - and in Greensboro of all places - I've no idea. Anyway the crowd was already having a great time but bringing Aiken out just intensified the electricity of the place.
THE KNIGHT SHIFT

grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2007, 09:52:46 AM »

CLAY DESERVES RESPECT AND HE ISN'T GETTING IT FROM THE INDUSTRY HE IS IN RIGHT NOW.

Sometimes I wonder if Clay shouldn't give the Country and/or Christian Contemporary music industry a whirl. I think both would welcome him and give the respect his character, integrity & talent deserves. He wouldn't have to compete with crotch grabbing, the F word, and the sleasy sexual innuendo that the general music industry praises, awards, and thinks hot.

Our guy can sing the phone book, Country, Pop, Traditional Pop, Dance, Rock, Jazz, Gospel (even Rap if he made up his mind  Laughing).

I wonder how many fans would complain if he changed genre and made a Country or Christian Comtemporary CD next time?
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx