gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:03:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 304
Total: 304

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OCD SUPPORT GROUP - SESSION 111  (Read 156069 times)
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #1960 on: February 11, 2007, 04:53:45 PM »

Quote from: lorraine
Jerry - Am I singing another song.  My goodness I should be winning a grammy or something.  Nice pics.

Yes! OH YES, ANOTHER SONG...IT WAS "I'M RAGGED BUT I'M RIGHT". I DON'T KNOW IF YOUR GROUP MEETS THE QUALIFICATIONS OF WINNING A GRAMMY. YOU NEED HIT SONGS, RAINEY...HEAR ME? I'VE WRITTEN AND FOUND MANY, MANY SONGS FOR YOU AND YOUR HUSSIES TO SING. THEY'RE PROVEN HITS...IT MUST BE SOMETHING YOU'RE DOING...MAYBE SOME OF THE SONGS DON'T FIT YOU? MAYBE I NEED TO DIG INTO THE CATALOG OF BOY GEORGE OR RU PAUL OR SOMETHING? CREATURES WHO ARE MORE UP YOUR ALLEY?? Don't Know

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1961 on: February 11, 2007, 04:55:15 PM »

AC - I did see that picture of you and Ray! You can help us cheer for Memphis - if you don't mind getting your heart broken!  Laughing They start out great every year (they are on a 13-game winning streak now), and then they just fall apart. but Memphis will always be my team - that is where I went to school and met Lewis.

I am off for a while - going to go work on painting a real estate sign.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #1962 on: February 11, 2007, 05:01:51 PM »

AC - I did see that picture of you and Ray! You can help us cheer for Memphis - if you don't mind getting your heart broken!  Laughing They start out great every year (they are on a 13-game winning streak now), and then they just fall apart.

Yes! I REMEMBER NOW...I DID SHOW YOU A PICTURE OF IT BEFORE. I TOOK A NEW ONE, THOUGH. IT'LL BE POSTED LATER TONIGHT FOR ALL TO SEE. ONE OF THE THINGS ABOUT COLLEGE BASKETBALL FOR ME IS THAT IT's TOUGH TO KEEP UP DAY TO DAY. I WATCH FOR LEISURE...I DON'T HAVE A REAL TEAM TO ROOT FOR UNLESS IT's THE ONES I MENTIONED. I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHY THOSE ARE THE ONES I PREFER TO WATCH THE MOST Don't Know I'LL BE A CHEERLEADER FOR MEMPHIS AND ANYOTHER TEAM SINCE I'M CLUELESS FOR THE MOST PART. IT'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT ANIMAL THAN BASEBALL AND NFL FOOTBALL.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1963 on: February 11, 2007, 05:03:29 PM »

WE ARE GONNA HAVE AN ICE STORM HERE LORDY. AC ARE YOU GETTING IT TO. I AM NOT WATCHING THE GRAMMY'S I MISS CLAY.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #1964 on: February 11, 2007, 05:07:30 PM »

GLORY: THE LOCAL WEATHER MAN CLAIMED IT WON'T BE A WINTER STORM WARNING UNTIL TOMORROW SOMETIME AND MY ONLY HOPE IS TOMORROW NIGHT. GETTING TO WORK AND GETTING HOME...I AM OFF TUESDAY NIGHT...SO TOMORROW WILL BE THE ONLY TIME I'LL BE OUT IN IT...I AM HOPING IT IS JUST SNOW...THE ICE STUFF CAN GO AWAY. I DIDN'T HEAR ABOUT AN ICE STORM...ONLY THAT WE'D HAVE SOME FREEZING RAIN BUT NOTHING SO STRONG THAT IT WOULD KNOCK DOWN OR SNAP POWER LINES. WE HAD ONE OF THOSE DURING MY WEB-TV DAYS AND IT WAS NOT GREAT. SEVERAL DAYS WITHOUT ELECTRICITY.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1965 on: February 11, 2007, 05:19:11 PM »

Good Evening!

This morning Skip and I went to Sunday School, then JoAnn and Jennie came over and the four of us had lunch at Chili's Restaurant.  Jennie and JoAnn came back by the house and we played one game of Yahtzee.  JoAnn got 4 or 5 Yahtzees!!  I said she needed to buy a lottery ticket or head for Vegas;  her luck was so good!

I just finished watching the Nora Roberts' movie from last Monday, MONTANA SKY, and it was really good.  It held my interest, and as Pepe said, the scenery was spectacular.

I think the Grammy's come on this evening?  I'm not that interested.  I will probably just watch DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES.

Tomorrow morning the quartet is going to meet at Monda's house and she wants to fix lunch for us, too.  Orchestra tomorrow evening and....

THE THIRD NORA ROBERTS' MOVIE ON LIFETIME, BLUE SMOKE!

This is the book I thought was disturbing, but I will tape it and watch it later.  Maybe as a movie it won't seem so traumatic??

Heather,
I hope you are feeling better soon. You have had a lot to deal with at work, it sounds like.

Michelle,
I read you, too, are not feeling that great.  Feel better soon.

Lolita,
That is interesting about rice.  I really like rice and need to serve it more often.

Alli,
Your friend's baby Isabella is just beautiful.  Thanks for the picture.

Jayne,
I hope Kirk's back is better!  Oh, my!  what an adventure, trying to catch the pig!!

Lorraine,
That was some dream!! "You're having his baby." Music

Tammy,
I loved the picture of your mom.  She is beautiful and you look a lot like her, too.

Glory,
I'm glad you had a good time with your grandbaby, Miller!  Hope the weather is good for you.

ANGELA,
I hope you had a great day today.

Sasha,
Special prayers for your mom.  We'll be thinking of you as you go to Boston to be with her.

Evelyn,
Maybe this will be the evening for DREAMGIRLS??

Frankie,
Cute picture of Scooter.  I know it's hard not to have two dogs in the picture. Hug

Skip is actually hungry again!!  We had that big lunch today.  Well, I'm off to fix some dinner and watch a little TV.

wave to Woody, Cindy, AC, Meesa, Carla, Pepe, Linda, ,and others checking in.

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #1966 on: February 11, 2007, 06:03:44 PM »

HELLO ALL  wave,
JUST A QUICK HELLO BEFORE I POP IN THE SHOWER  & THEN HEAD OFF TO BED off to bed

SASHA,  Huggles YOUR MOM IS IN MY PRAYERS --PLEASE TAKE CARE.

WISHING YOU ALL A WONDERFUL NIGHT Clay dreaming

HUGS TO ALL,
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #1967 on: February 11, 2007, 06:13:10 PM »

Lolita - I LOVE rice!!!!  Studies have shown that people in the eastern Asian countries have WAY less colon cancer....and they contribute it to the rice in their diets.  I believe that!!!

Woody, thanks for this information.  Purple Banana I beleive it too. Purple Banana

Woody, Prissy, and AC – I’m glad you all like rice. I now don’t have to worry what to serve you if any of you ever decide to come visit me in California. Wink

AC – I love rice a roni but I mostly cook white rice. Once in awhile I cook fried rice. What exactly is dirty rice?

Prissy, I love those little candy shape heart you posted. Are they candies?

Cindy, my brain is cooperating with me today, so no lost post. Laughing

Good night everyone.

Hugs to all,

Lolita

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #1968 on: February 11, 2007, 06:18:06 PM »

Hi everyone!  Yep don't faint, here at night...Kirk's still at the Fair and where he'll be for another 7 nights.

Thank you all so much for Kirk's well wishes....stubborn   he went to the Fair as you've just read and he's a hurting pup...I spoke with him a couple of hours ago...I'm out of the patches for him....more Advil it will be.

Heater, I hope  you're better soon Huggles

I'm not watching the Grammy's....too much rap crap for moi....I'm going to check in to see if there's a nota gala around here....sounds like fun.

Well all, off to do some surfing....take care and God bless.

xoxox
me

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1969 on: February 11, 2007, 06:27:33 PM »

'

JAYNE SO GOOD TO SEE YOU SORRY KIRK IS STILL HURTING,

LORRANIE DID YA FALL ASLEEP. Huggles Huggles I AM TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING TO WATCH ON TV TO MUCH CRUD ON THE GRAMMY FOR ME, CAN'T BELEIVE I AM OFF WORK IN THE MORNINGS NOW AGAIN I LIKE THIS MUCH BETTER I CAN SLEEP LATE GET MY APT CLEANED MAKE APPTS NEEDED.

WELL BE BACK BEFORE I HEAD FOR BED.

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1970 on: February 11, 2007, 06:51:10 PM »

Just popping on to say goodnight.  Was watching tv with my son Jamie and was falling asleep so before I do I want to say goodnight.

Glory - I usually watch "Cold Case" but that crud that they call the "Grammys" is on.  All I can do is think of Clay and wish he was there singing, yes singing not screaming like half of those so-called artists.

Frankie - It was the Sunday morning show on CBS that they were talking about AI and which idols are winning grammys and stuff.  They showed Clay in the beginning and then again a little more.   He should be at the Grammy's.  I miss him so much.  Now that is talent not crud.

Jerry - even Rainey & the Rainmakers would make better music than the smut that is on.

Well too tired so I will call it a night.

Sweet Clay Dreams.  Nothing can top having a dream like last night. ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

Clay dreaming

Hugs
Rainey
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1971 on: February 11, 2007, 07:23:56 PM »

LORRAINE I JUST CANNOT WATCH THEM SCREAM EITHER Laughing Laughing WELL CALLING IT A NIGHT. Huggles Huggles TO EVERYONE.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1972 on: February 11, 2007, 07:46:07 PM »

wave

Glory, AC, Woody, and everyone else who may be in the winter storm - stay safe! I hope it won't be too bad - I know that ice is a lot worse than snow!

Prissy - did you get your tulips planted? I posted another picture in the garden thread - they are growing faster than anything I've ever had!

lolita - I didn't cook much rice until I moved to Louisiana, now we cook it several times a week. I had never seen a rice cooker until I moved here - everybody has one! And when we first moved here, I took a picture of the grocery store for my Mom in Tennessee - there was an aisle of nothing but rice, and alcohol was (and still is) sold in the grocery stores right along with food! (That does not happen in Tennessee - liquor is sold at liquor stores only, and children are not allowed to enter). Here, people pack liquor in all around their children in shopping baskets - something I have never gotten used to. Dirty rice is rice cooked with onions, garlic, celery, peppers, and ground meat - in Louisiana, very often ground chicken liver is added, too.

Jayne! - so good to see you here at night - I hope Kirk doesn't have any lasting problems from his injury.

The Grammy are on - but I can't say that I am really watching. I did watch Carrie underwood and Rascal Flatts.

Sara -  Big Hug!

Thea - thinking of you as you begin another week of radiation  Huggles

Have a good evening, everyone - see you tomorrow. 

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #1973 on: February 11, 2007, 07:53:20 PM »

I'M ON TO SAY GOODNIGHT AS WELL! I'LL PROBABLY JUST WATCH SOME THINGS ON "YOU TUBE" OR SCOUR EBAY FOR AWHILE BEFORE LAYING DOWN. TOMORROW NIGHT IS WHEN I LEAVE EARLY FOR WORK! I GOTTA LEAVE THE HOUSE NO LATER THAN 8:15pm SINCE WE'RE STARTING AT 9:45.

HERE ARE A FEW PICS I TOOK OF MYSELF TODAY...ONE OF THEM IS ME HOLDING UP "THE NRC YEARS" THAT I WAS MAKING REFERENCE TO EARLIER...ANOTHER ONE IS ME WITH THE "RAGGED BUT RIGHT" BOOK I WAS TALKING ABOUT EARLIER...AND A FEW OTHERS...I'M WEARING A LeAnn RIMES T-SHIRT. I ONLY WEAR IT UNDERNEATH MY BUTTON-UP SHIRTS. I DON'T WEAR T-SHIRTS ANYMORE OUT IN PUBLIC, JUST AS NIGHT SHIRTS.

This is a 1975 album from my collection

I was trying to look like Stan Freberg a little bit in this picture...the facial expression...i'm holding up his 1988 autobiography called IT ONLY HURTS WHEN I LAUGH. It's a life-story about satire, radio, music, commercials, cartoons...the things that were a big part of Freberg's career...and still are to some extent...

One more...i got this in 1999 when Ray was performing at Opryland doing winter concerts...it was sent from his fan club when it was active, 1987-2002.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1974 on: February 11, 2007, 07:57:40 PM »

Vote for Clay on this poll. 
http://www.channelone.com/life/music/all_request_thursday/

IF CLAY WINS THIS, HIS SINGLE WILL GET PLAYED- YOU CAN VOTE MULTIPLE TIMES- COME ON, LETS DO IT FOR OUR GUY!!

Clay 50%
Taylor 42%

Somebody is voting up a storm.  For every vote I put in 3-5 more votes are going in.  It took me over 300 votes to get Clay up from 49 to 50%  Looks like the Taylor fans are on!  Hint:  If you scroll until Clay's name is all the way at the top of your screen, you can go between the refresh key and Clay's name very quickly!!

Go Clay....This is to get Clay's single played on the radio Maniacs!!!!

A lot of others have been voting too- I know I have done many votes myself. I don't know how long the poll is for- but the margin is still too close for my taste!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #1975 on: February 11, 2007, 08:23:05 PM »

Hey all. Summery time.

Boca- Huggles

Sasha-My prayers will be with your mom that they find nothing serious and good luck with her test tomorrow.

Janye-Ouch! Poor Kirk trying to get that pig and hurting his back. That's good you took care of him and hope he can take it easy at the fair tonight and not overdo. Nice to see you here at night.

That's great you are thinking about getting married in the summer.

Woody-Thought you were either sleeping or with your family.

Glad you had a good meeting at church.

Fingers crossed for a snow day tomorrow or anyday this week. Fingers Crossed

Congrats on getting a camera!!! Enjoy

Have a good evening with your hubby.

Charlene-Hope you are doing ok with everything you are dealing with and praying for you and your son.   Huggles

Jan-:birthday to your son and have a nice family party for him.

Frankie-Thanks for giving Wild Baby a hug for me.  Huggles  Laughing Too funny she wants to know where or who I am?

What a beautiful pic of Scooter. Glad she's feeling better.

I love Dairy Queen blizzards. The blizzard of the month is my fav. Chocolate Covered Strawberry.

Welcome for the Jimmy Kimmel mention. It was sweet for him to say that about Clay that it's a Clay day when it's Valentines Day. I think there is a link to what he said in the ANN.

It was the CBS Morning News that Clay was mentioned. I missed it too and hope there is clack.

Prissy-That's nice you, Skip, Jo Ann and Jennie had a nice day going out to eat and played Yahtzee. You are lucky to share a lot of get togethers together.

Love the Clay candy kisses blend.

Pepe-Stay warm and safe when you get snow.

Glory-Glad you enjoyed your visit with Miller and Hollie. He sounds so cute.

That's good you are ok that your boss cut your hours. Have more time to yourself.

Be careful if you get snow and ice. You boss is really sweet to take care of you everytime.

Tammy-Enjoy your walk outside and shopping and enjoy the movie if you see something.

Thanks for posting a pic of your mom. She's beautiful and she has your features.

Thanks Angela and you are welcome.  Huggles

Have a relaxing day with your hubby.

Jerry-Thanks for the PM.

Great pictures of you with your collections.

Stay warm out there and be careful if you get an ice storm.

Never had the Icee's but used to love Frozen Cokes.

That's a funny clip with Journey singing Midnight Special. I remember Wolfman Jack.

Funny story to Lolita about Rainy and the Rainmakers.  Laughing

Thanks for the song by Ray about Barry and the other songs.

Thanks for the info on George Jones Book.

LeAnn Rimes was at the Grammys tonight. She looks beautiful. Wish I could cap a picture for you. Like your shirt.  Wink

Marilyn-Clay and Taylor are so close. I'm voting. Fingers crossed Clay will win this to get 1000 Days played. Fingers Crossed

What a wonderful idea the Claynation has come up with to do The Not A Gala in NC and some other states to raise money for the BAF. Sounds like fun. Clay will be thrilled about this and proud.

Welcome Rainy.  Huggles Sorry you couldn't get enough sleep last night.

Laughing on your dream with having a baby hoping it's Clay's and we threw you a shower. The pic of you holding twins is cute and it would be funny for Clay's Scandal contest.  Laughing

I think Clay will get his Grammy someday.  Smile

3 more days. 

I read about the Clay clips they showed on the CBS morning show when they talked about AI. THat's awesome and it proof that Clay is never forgotting.

Have a good day with KatKat and the boys.

Linda- Huggles

Evelyn-Have a nice dinner with Debbie.

Carla-Enjoy your new camera.

Happy Birthday to your brother.

Michelle-Sorry you feel sick and achy.  Hope you feel better soon. Huggles

And sorry your mom is sick too. Happy Birthday to her.

That's nice your mom sent you an electric blanket to keep warm.

Heather-Sorry you don't feel well either.  Huggles Take it easy and hope you feel better soon.

Welcome Lolita and also for the tip to save your posts. That's a good program too.

I couldn't wait to have a computer. 1st I was interested in soap websites then now it's all Clay now. Hope you can get another computer for yourself someday.

Wow on eating rice 3 times a day. I can say that fried rice is good.

About 14,000 population is my small town.

I live an hour and a half from the beach. THe beaches I've seen in CA I told you before I like Santa Barbara the best. Didn't care for Venice and Santa Monica is ok. Like to see the beaches in San Deigo.

Cindy-Glad you had a nice dinner with your dad and hubby at The Outback. I like their shrimp.

I hope your dad likes NC when he helps you move and when he visits.

Congrats on your sister having a baby!!!!

THanks for the tip on voting for Clay. Yes! He's beating Taylor by 10 now.

Alli-Awww Your friends new baby is adorable. Congrats to her!!!!  Isabella Marie is a pretty name.

Happy 18th Birthday to your sister.

Good luck with your VolleyBall tournament.

I watched the Grammys. Carrie did a bluegrass song then sang an Eagles song and did a duet with Rascal Flatts. Was really good.  She won Country Female Artist,Best Country song for Jesus Take The Wheel and Best New Artist. Wow!

Surprised Dixie Chicks won a bunch of awards and Song,Album and Record of the year? It wasn't even played on the radio.

Jennifer Hudson was there to present the person who did a duet with Justin T. She looked great.

It really wasn't a bad show.

Thanks for the gorgeous pics and blends of our man Rainy, Jerry and Meesa.

Prayers for Boca and her daughter and her nephew and whole family, Charlene and also her aunt and her son and his girlfriend's family, Lora, Woody's friend, Thea and her family, Philly's mom, Prissy's niece's baby Taylor and Kristy and her family, Skip,  Linda and her mom and her Dick's mom and her SIL's mom , JJ's Lauren and her son's baby and her family,,Jo Ann's mom, Frankie's mom and Scooter and Frankie and Lewis's loss of Peanut, Jerry's dad and him and his family,Cindy's friend,Marilyn and her son, Evelyn,Meesa's grandma and her family, Michelle's niece and her baby, Kris, Sara and her family, Sasha's mom, Lora and her SIL,Debbie's mom and her family and anyone getting bad weather and anyone else that needs them.

Everyone have a good week.

We have this  to look forward too.  smoochies  bigsmile

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #1976 on: February 11, 2007, 08:23:05 PM »

FRANKIE: I HAD PM'd LOLITA ABOUT THE DIRTY RICE BUT AM GLAD SOMEONE WHO LIVES IN THAT AREA EXPLAINED IT BETTER...I SENT HER THIS PICTURE...

THE BOX CALLS IT CAJUN RICE. I USED TO EAT CAJUN RICE ALL THE TIME BACK WHEN THERE WAS A "POPEYES" RESTAURANT IN OUR AREA. I THINK THEY'VE ALL WENT OUT OF BUSINESS!?!? THEY USED TO SERVE IT BY THE CUP FULL's. LARGE, MEDIUM, AND SMALL. MY GRANDFATHER AND I WOULD GET THE LARGE CUP OF RICE. IT WAS WONDERFUL!!

HERE WE SEE IT IN ON A PLATE...THESE ARE THE THREE MAIN MEALS AT A "POPEYE's" RESTAURANT...CHICKEN, BISCUITS, AND CAJUN RICE...

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #1977 on: February 11, 2007, 08:29:22 PM »

HELLO THERE TIFFANY!! I'M GLAD YOU LIKED THOSE SONGS AND THE PICS I POSTED Yes! I DIDN'T WATCH THE GRAMMY AWARDS SINCE I'M NOT TOO INTERESTED IN THAT PARTICULAR AWARD SHOW. IT's A POP MUSIC's AWARDS AND I'M A COUNTRY FAN WHO LIKES SOME POP ACTS. I SEE THOSE BLASTED DIXIE CHICKS WON GRAMMIES...TYPICALLY ANY ARTIST OR GROUP THAT STRIKES OUT AGAINST THE ESTABLISHMENT AND CULTIVATES THIS "BAD BOY" OR "BAD GIRL" IMAGE WINS LOTS OF GRAMMY AWARDS. THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE TO BE ON THE RADIO...THE SAME THING HAPPENED WITH BOB DYLAN IN THE 1960's. HE WASN'T REALLY ON TOP-40 RADIO...HE WAS ON THE NEW FORMAT AT THE TIME, EASY-LISTENING, BUT HE'd HAVE A FEW SONGS HIT THE MAINSTREAM ROCK RADIO FROM TIME TO TIME. HE ALSO WON AND HAS RECENTLY WON GRAMMY AWARDS...I'M MORE ANXIOUS TO SEE HOW THE DIXIE CHICKS FARE IN THE COUNTRY AWARDS THIS YEAR...THE GRAMMY's ARE DIFFERENT THAN THE AWARDS PRESENTED FROM WITHIN AN ARTIST's OWN MUSIC FORMAT. IF THEY ARE SHUT-OUT IN THE COUNTRY AWARDS LIKE THE ACM AND CMA, THEN THAT SAYS THAT THE COUNTRY AUDIENCE ISN'T SO READY FOR FORGIVENESS.

I SEE THAT YOU AND I POSTED AT THE EXACT SAME TIME EARLIER!! 11:20:41pm

I'M HEADING OFF FOR REAL NOW wave

Baby Dust

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #1978 on: February 12, 2007, 01:16:22 AM »

wave wave wave

As you wake up this fine day, mosey on over to Session 112 which is now up and running!!!

See ya over there!!! 
Woodstock X111

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx