gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:31:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 460
Total: 460

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's in a Nickname?  (Read 3496 times)
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« on: February 04, 2007, 12:44:42 PM »

Hello everyone in Clay land. wave

I was just sitting here thinking about some of the nicknames I had, and then I got to thinking that, "Hey! I'm not the only person with a weird nickname, why, I bet everyone has at least one!" So I thought I'd start a thread just for that.

So, what's your nickname? What's the origin behind it? Did someone just start calling you that, did something happen, can you do something extraordinary with your tongue? Wink

But anyhoozle, I digress. What's your nickname, everyone?

The only kind of nut Clay's not allergic to
I'm so weak to his fedora wearing ways!
Quote of however long: ♥♪"How could you wait another minute? A hug is warmer when you're in it." ♪♥ ~DSIAFCD
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 12:50:51 PM »

I s'pose I'll start.

One of my nicknames from high school that a couple friends call me still today is Yoda. No, I'm not short, green, and wrinkley (though I am quite short, I s'pose Paranoid). Laughing My friend Cat started calling me that since I always would take time and listen to her and my other friends, and apparently I had great wisdom, even though I wouldn't know what to tell them half the time. lmao And for being short, I guess, even though I said that wasn't one of the reasons. Laughing I'm 5'2/5'3, somewhere in there. Laughing So, yes. . .

That's all I'll post for now. bigsmile Hope to hear some of your nicknames.

Carla heartbeat

Quote of however long: ♥♪"How could you wait another minute? A hug is warmer when you're in it." ♪♥ ~DSIAFCD
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 01:54:41 PM »

My nickname is "Jay" and it has a few origins to it. My full name is Jerry but since my dad is named that as well, my family thought Jerry was a big name for a small kid so they started calling me "J" for short. They call my dad "Butch" but that's his nick-name, not mine...anyway, my grandparent's call me "jaybird" because when i was real young i would run around naked as a jaybird like in the Ray Stevens song "The Streak"...but people call me "Jay" in my family...so that's my story of my nickname.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 02:01:50 PM »

Mine is either Kitty Kat or Kat...or hurricane Katrina!!! lol

Love ya
Kitty Kat Huggles

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 06:13:03 PM »

As you all know my name really isn't Meesa. I got the nickname when my oldest nephew (now 10 years old) was starting to talk. He couldn't say my real name (Melissa) so he shortened it and started calling me Aunt Meesa. My family members started calling me Meesa and so did my co-workers and friends. It just kind of stuck.

My family also calls me shorter versions of my name like Lissy, Mees, Lissa or my Grandma Betty calls me Lissy Dawn since she likes to include my middle name. When my oldest nephew tried to finally say my real name he called me Mewissa. (Kris loves to read about that.  Laughing )

Ms. Starstruck calls me Triple M (Meesa the Montage Maker).

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 06:54:37 PM »

Well, my full name is Beth, so I've never had a nick name. 

However, my daughter has come up with nicknames for her and her brother. 

My son's name is Nathan.  Ever since he was born, I always corrected people who would call him Nate, and tell them that his name was Nathan.  and now that he's in school, he tells me that his friends call him Nate, but I am to still call him Nathan.  Laughing

My daughter's name is Diana.  I have always called her by her full name.  She's never been able to say Nathan and calls her brother Nay Nay, and she calls herself, Di Di.  She's only 2.  Laughing

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!
Claygirl
SuperFan

Always have faith, and there will be a way.

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 08:10:39 AM »

The nickname I mostly get is Kel, sometimes Kel-Bel, and when I was little my mom would call me Ms. Peach or Cuddleheart.  bigsmile ~Kelly~

Angel Baby Dust ~Kelly~ Baby Dust
Love! I love Clay Aiken! Music heartbeat claymaniacs rocks
Hearing Clay's voice, quiets the ones in my head. Wink
(Clay's biggest fan and David Cook "Word Nerd" #2894!) :heartburst
tamaraluvs
Adults
Enthusiastic

One sexy daddy!!

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 08:21:55 AM »

My birth name is Tamara. To pronounce it I tell people that my name rhymes with camera. Not "Ta-mara", or "Ta-mora"  No  No  No  ..............do you people have any idea how many teachers and substitutes I had in school that never could pronounce my name correctly!! argh! So every time I had to clarify it by saying "My name is Tamara, it rhymes with camera but you can call me TAMMY!!" The kids would love to tease me EVERYTIME!!

So to make a long story short.............since there already was a Tammy on the boards, I decided to go with Tamara. But then there was already a Tamara registered here so I added "luvs" at the end to refer to my many "luvs" I have...........and there are many! Wink

I also go by Tammy 2 when I am on a thread with the first original Tammy  Laughing

And that's my story..........

GO TEAM USA!!!
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 10:01:44 PM »

I'm lovin' all the nicknames!

Jerry Skit . . . Jay , spiffy. bigsmile My brothers have shortened names as well. Andrew and Robert to Andy and Rob. Though I called my oldest brother Robbie when I was little. 

Kat, fantastic nicknames. Laughing

Meesa, That was cute. I got a nickname from my niece because she couldn't pronounce Carla. She couldn't really say the 'l' in my name, so she would call me Carga. Laughing My siblings started calling me that too, and still do even though my niece says Carla right now.

Beth, that's too cute. Di Di.

Kelly, awesome. bigsmile

Tammy, I feel your pain. My last name is difficult to pronounce, so I had my fair share of substitutes and teachers that always got it wrong. Laughing Though it got better after a while since I had 5 siblings before me, so the teachers and the subs had some practice. Laughing But then I was always called by my three sisters names. lmao They'd would go through the list when they'd call upon me, "Laura. . . Sarah. . . Tina. . .Carla!! That's it!" Laughing

Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 10:08:53 PM »

I have another nickname while I'm here. bigsmile (as said, I have quite a few Paranoid)

My mum calls me Kate or Katie (more so when I was younger, though she still does call me that), and absolutely no one else calls me this. Paranoid Laughing My middle name is Kate, and I just think she really wanted people to call me Kate or Katie since she loves that name. She also calls me Katie-babe . . . and Gertrude. lmao I like Gertrude. Laughing I always have.

And there's another one for now. Hope to hear more.

Carla

zero_eight
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 01:04:29 AM »

My full name is  JOHANNESE MARIE GABRIEL.

My parents could have given me the nickname JO or JOHAN or NES or GAB..... instead, they decided to call me "LOVEY".

Where in the world did that come from??????

Only God knows... lol

Clanderson
SuperFan

Always a Star

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 05:15:15 PM »

My nickname is 'snoop' No, nothing to do with the dog...lol When I first got married my husband noticed I liked to read everyone's mail (enquiring minds don't you know, plus I was only 16) So he started calling me 'snoopy', kind of endearing say what? Then as the years went by he shortened it to just plain old snoop! Of course I would never explain to people why he called me that, I just let them think it was a 'cute' pet name. blush ROFLMAO

Bev-   Proud Claynadian Claymaniac
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx