gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:03:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 451
Total: 451

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clay on GMA!! **Discussion & Screencaps inside!**  (Read 7985 times)
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 02:33:41 PM »

Hello all! Clay was so gracious with his answers, but I disagree when he said he was no longer the most successful AI runner-up, now that Jennifer Hudson has received her awards for supporting actress in ”Dream Girl.”
Not so long ago he became the UNICEF Ambassador, not because he wanted attention, but because there was a need and when he was called upon to help the children he accepted. All successes are not judged by status alone. Some are of humanitarian needs, and judged by a different measure. Who is to say that one is more important than the other. Who can place a value on the good that he has accomplished. I would say that it is priceless. 
So sadly Diane, let us all down, as well as herself, when UNICEF took second stage to albeit a contestant on Idol who tugged at America's heartstrings, but lost sight of the children, who tugged at the heartstrings of a man who made the children his top priority. It's too bad that Diane and GMA just didn't get it. What a story that could have been!

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 02:50:38 PM »

I wonder if the interview would have went differently if Robin had interview him.   

Good question, Micki.  I believe the interview would have had a much different outcome.

So sadly Diane, let us all down, as well as herself, when UNICEF took second stage to albeit a contestant on Idol who tugged at America's heartstrings, but lost sight of the children, who tugged at the heartstrings of a man who made the children his top priority. It's too bad that Diane and GMA just didn't get it. What a story that could have been!

Very well put, FrannyClapping  Unicef's focus in featuring the Abassadors on YAHOO and Clay's appearance on GMA this morning is to bring attention to the suffering children who have no medium to be heard....to provide them a voice.  It's so ironic that GMA pulled the rug out from under them by cutting their time short in order to showcase an AI story that had already been seen by millions and can be seen over and over again on YouTube.  WTH? 

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
claydevotee
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 03:00:31 PM »

Thank you for that FRANNY.  Well stated, and I couldn't agree more.  Once more another great opportunity to Clay to shine has been squandered -- this time by an inept journalist.    (Sorry, Diane!)
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 03:16:32 PM »

I think Diane has lost the beautiful connection she once had with Clay.  Is it because she asked Clay if he thought she was rude by asking him personal questions and he said, "yes."   It was all about AI.  I was never so disgusted with that so called Journalist that could have taken this great opportunity to get more info out about UNICEF and to talk more to Clay about his efforts.   I used to like D.S.; not so much lately.   What a disappointment.  Just had to vent!

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 03:29:41 PM »

FRANNY--

Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2007, 03:57:03 PM »

I have been reading comments about the GMA appearance this morning off and on all during the day and I just got home and finished watching it.   Obviously all the buildup yesterday was a ploy to get ratings this morning because they know Clay will deliver those ratings.  They hardly gave him the time or opportunity to discuss anything, much less "everything."

First of all, let me say that Clay looked wonderful.  He is a very good looking man who can make a good impression wherever he goes (if given the chance).  He is also very smart and can hold his own in any conversation.

He was suppposed to be there to discuss UNICEF and he got a very small opportunity to do this.  I'm not sure whether the reporters are not intelligent enough or they don't think he is.   He was there to discuss a serious issue that is very important to him and all Diane seemed to want to do was discuss American Idol.  Clay has acknowledged the importance of AI to his career but that doesn't mean he wants to talk about it all the time.  It has been four years and he has grown up, so the journalists should quit going backward.  I don't know if they can't come up with intelligent questions to carry on a meaningful discussion with him--maybe they are afraid he will show them up.  When he got a chance to discuss UNICEF he switched off the playful, joking Clay and became serious.  He can discuss just about any topic with anyone if he is given the chance.  No wonder so many people try to make him the brunt of their jokes--they don't get to see what we see--that he is so much more than an awesome singer.  He is a wonderful, compasionate person who wants to do more than just sing.  He wants to make a difference in this world.  We know he is doing that, but most journalists don't seem to want to uncover this side of him so others may never know it.  He dose not do the things he does for his own glory and he will never "toot his own horn" but it would be so nice for him to at least be listened to when he does have something to say.

If others got to see this side of him, I'm sure they would have a whole new respect for him.

It's time for me to get off my soapbox.  It was great seeing him even though it was only for a few minutes.  Now I'm looking forward to Kimmel because it is supposed to be light and funny so we will not be expecting deep conversation.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2007, 04:06:40 PM »

CLANDY - THANKS FOR ALL THOSE NEWS PICS.  JUST LOVE THAT GUY MORE AND MORE EACH DAY.

HUGS

RAINEY
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2007, 04:53:57 PM »

Recap from stripedshirts who was at the show today....via CV.  Her impression is that the Diane/Clay relationship is good.  I agree.  I just think she was so unprepared today and wasn't thinking in journalist mode.  We all have bad days when we don't or can't give the best that we have.  Maybe that's what happened with Diane today?  I really hope it's not a permanent path she is heading down.  What's up with her lately?  It's embarrassing.  Or, should the blame go to the producers?  Does she follow their script for the interview's direction? 

I'm thankful that GMA continues to give Clay time to promote both his charitable and professional work.  They seem to enjoy having him, so I'm guessing he's appreciative to take the airtime he's given, even if it is on GMA's terms, sprinkled with the content they want to cover.   Don't Know  Maybe he has to negotiate airtime?  GMA:  "Okay, Clay.  We'll let you talk for 2 minutes about UNICEF and show a clip or two if you sit and bullsh** with Diane about AI, cause that's really what our auidence wants to hear about. Our auidence is a shallow bunch of people who don't want to be drug down by poverty, abuse and neglect of the world's children."   Roll eyes

hi -

I am finally able to sit down & gather my thoughts from my GMA morning - I needed time to thaw out & eat, I had been frozen solid & exhausted from the 30 degree cold. Fans huddled online since 5 a.m. & if they were frozen to the bone, they didn't show it; they were all jolly & b.s.'ing w/ the guards.

Over 100+ people crammed into the studio & 1/2 of them were from schools: P.S. 1, New York University & Kansas University We were separated into 2 groups - Clay fans on one side, schoolkids & NYU on the other side & an odd bunch from Kansas University (with those Hawk signs & hats) awkwardly mixed into the middle of this motley crew. The Clayfans pretty much dominated the audience, no surprise - I was happy to see quite a few familiar faces in the crowd 

When Clay was due to come out at 8, I was moved over by the door where the schoolchildren were - & stood aside to make a path for Clay to walk through. Schoolteachers and parents were also there & wanted to meet Serena Williams & Sam Champion; they had no idea Clay was there too. One asked "Clay WHO?" "Aiken", I said, & they were surprised, then delighted.

I really hope there will be fan video of what I am about to describe from where I stood, because it's too darn good for words (at least for me) Moments before he was due to walk out, the door opened briefly giving me a glimpse of what's going on inside - & I caught Clay darting around in the back, running from right to left, his hair flopping about his face. There were alot of people back there, all smiling. Then the door shut, and the "Invisible" video began to play & cheers erupted; I glanced at the screen, then quickly turned towards the door just in time to see it swing open. The motion of the door created a breeze which swept Clay's hair back from his face, & he stood there, eyes wide open (ohh those eyes), & looked right at us before breaking into a smile. The look on his face - was a mix of childlike anticipation and mirth. I almost squeaked 'holy sh*t' as he came walking right out. He grabbed a few hands & made a beeline straight towards the kids - & immediately went into full Teacher Clay mode. "Why aren't you in school?" was one of his questions, & a wee little girl answered that they were there to partake w/ their fundraiser called, "The Roundtable". Cameras were on us the whole time as was the NYU photographer, who took several press shots for their school.

Clay was barely a foot apart from me. I think for those of you who saw that screencap of Clay w/ those children....well, you can pretty much see me, & how close I was. (I look awful) Clay's hair gleamed & framed his head like a velvet curtain. We all stood mesmerized & staring, then too soon, the GM broke in, saying "Clay, the camera's off you now - we have people outside wondering why you aren't out there" & Clay sprinted! There were fans who didn't make it into the studio - I hope they got their well deserved momentary thrill  A short brake later, he came back & headed to the other side of the room to greet another little girl whose had a sign announcing her birthday, & wore a cute birthday cake hat. Clay spoke to her & autographed her sign, prompting 'awwwwws'  Then he crossed the room & sat down to watch last nite's AI segment w/ that funny look on his face. He did his customary leg-tucked-under-his-knee during his chat.

After reading everyone's reactions to Diane Sawyer's brief meet w/ Clay, I do agree that this wasn't time properly used to discuss UNICEF as planned - it was a jumble of fluff Hollywood stuff mixed in w/ 2% Unicef. I couldn't hear the interview very well from where I stood, & people practically crowded around & behind the staff, making it hard to see, so I gave up & just focused on the screen instead. It was over just too quick  I had really wanted more news.....but I'll take anything he's able to give.

I don't have to elaborate how cute he is - no matter what he said or did today, filled my heart w/ gladness because for me, it was just so good to see him again. Though the interview could have been better, there is no love lost btwn Diane & Clay as they got up & hugged; Clay said to Diane, "I'll call you". Then he came over to my side & shook hands one final time. Someone was overheard asking Clay "When will you tour?" & I don't think Clay answered it. After he left the room, the lady from NYU gushed 'he's GORGEOUS!'  yeh, no kidding lady - you just got clayed!!

At the end of the show, the schools were given a tour - & Clay fans ran out to the stage exit to wait. Jennifer, his assistant & Jamie came out first to load SUV; Jennifer stayed in the car while Jamie went to get Clay. Jerome is nowhere to be seen. Then Clay came out. He had changed back into his street clothes & quickly did a drive by, signing what he could before zeroing towards the car; moments later he was behind tinted windows & took off. This time, nobody gave chase, no jumping in & out of the car, & hopefully no nasty driver screaming that the doors will be locked Laughing they just sped right off towards East. I headed reluctantly to work.

The Clay audience was noticably smaller this time, compared to 9/19 when we just blanketed the street; w/ the cold, the limited no. of tkts given, & no standbys allowed in, it made for a bit of an unappealing wait. Thank goodness it didn't snow!

I am already envious for those heading out to Kimmel; I think you guys are likely going to get a song & much wisecrack/comradery btwn Kimmel & Clay. Diane Sawyer could have been a little more professional this morning w/ Clay, & I do think the woman has a serious crush on him (heck.....who here DOESN'T???)  Valentines Day w/ Clay @ Kimmel is looking to be THE party to be at in 2 wks.

okay....this is my report. I'm going to press 'Add Reply' now

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
lmatheson
Claymation

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2007, 08:13:46 PM »

Nice recap of this morning's GMA. Actually that's how I exactly remember seing it on tv this am. I was very impress with his remark about Jennifer Hudson's success when Diane sawyer asked him about her . It was hilarious and amazing how he could come back with a joke like that. So then I sat and waited and waited for the UNICEF questions and nothing came  and I thought geez GMA is losing its substance. And that's when I turned my TV off. I am glad I saw Clay though. Seing Clay is like taking a happy pill.
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2007, 10:00:00 PM »

I JUST watched my tape from this morning.   Long day....don't ask.   

I had heard people were disappointed with the interview and I was thinking....OH BROTHER....all the questions again....

So I went into watching the interview thinking the worst.

NOOOOOOOOOoooooooo.............

I KNOW you were all expecting MORE time for Clay to talk about Clay....   But in MY humble opinion, the MOST important thing, was that he looked CUTE!!!!      J/K..... ROFLMAO  The most important thing is that he CARRIED himself SO well, no matter WHAT they discussed.  We ALL know that you don't always get to talk about what you want to talk about in an interview.  We've seen it too many times.     But Clay was his VERY gracious self.  He addressed the other topics well.  His jokes about Jennifer Hudson were VERY funny, IMO, knowing Clay like we do.   Wink

All in all, although it wasn't a long interview and disrupted by other topics, OUR BOYFRIEND did SO well.  What more could we ask for???????  Wink
Woodstock 

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
ILClaymate
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2007, 11:49:10 AM »

MORE pics have been added to the GALLERY!  Go check them out!

Claygirl
SuperFan

Always have faith, and there will be a way.

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2007, 07:27:40 AM »

Just wanted to add: I too found the interview rather disappointing, I had heard that Diane said the day before Clay's interview, that he would be there to talk about "everything", so I was hoping for a much longer interview, with more information about UNICEF, and a little news about a tour maybe?  Paranoid Instead we got 5 min mostly about Idol. I didn't really want to hear about Jennifer Hudson, or see the Idol clip, (while sweet,) of the old guy singing again, but like Woodstock said, Clay was so gracious and did so well, seeing him for however short a time is wonderful.  Was it worth my giving up sleep to watch GMA? Of course!  bigsmile ~Kelly~

Angel Baby Dust ~Kelly~ Baby Dust
Love! I love Clay Aiken! Music heartbeat claymaniacs rocks
Hearing Clay's voice, quiets the ones in my head. Wink
(Clay's biggest fan and David Cook "Word Nerd" #2894!) :heartburst
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx