gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:25:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 119
Total: 119

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weekly Roundtable Discussion : The new tour...speculation  (Read 5110 times)
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« on: January 28, 2007, 07:54:15 AM »

wave all!!!

We KNOW Clay will be touring again sometime this year.  Just don't know when yet.  But it has been hinted that it will be sooner than we think!!!   

I already can't wait!!!!!  Is there anything better than Claytrekking?????   bigsmile

So....what do YOU want to hear at Clay's next concert.  And what do you expect to hear??????   Don't Know

I know we don't have crystal balls.....but I think we are pretty smart fans.     So let's talk about what the next concert series has in store for all of us!!!!!!!!!!

I want to hear what you have to say....and I will be back with my opinion.   Wink
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 08:05:58 AM »

Woody - I have a few minutes before the family comes but great subject.  I am hoping and praying that he tours sooner than later but whatever he decides I will be anxiously waiting.  As to what he will be singing I am up for anything.  I just miss him so darn much that I just want him back.  He has given me a new outlook on such a quiet life that I have had that just to be Claytrekking once again makes my heart go pitter patter.   No crystal ball is right but I think we will all be happy when the announcement comes that CLAY'S TOUR IS BEGINNING.

Hugs
Rainey
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 08:39:43 AM »

Lorraine, I'm with you, the sooner the better!!!

I hope he is booked at smaller venues, ATDW is a more intimate CD, and the songs would shine at small venues, we would be closer to him, he'd feel the love and give it right back to us~~~~I need a moment Thud!
I very much want to hear ATDW songs done live, along with a couple of tasty treats like WAMLAW and of course If You Don't Know Me By Now~~~I'm not asking too much am I lmao Laughing

We Northerners had an amazing venue in Clio Michigan, and they are up and running again ready to book for this summer, it's an outdoor venue, so beautiful!! I remember when the Claynation blew up their phones and computers when the tickets went on sale bigsmile hope it will happen again Laughing

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 10:45:51 AM »

I don't know nuttin, but, I'm assuming the unconfirmed tour is in support of "ATDW", therefore, I expect the set list to be made up of most of those songs.  It's exciting to think about hearing the songs  performed live for the first time (except "A Thousand Days" and "WO" which he did live during the CD promo).  How will they sound.....similar to the recorded versions, or tweaked here and there?  Will he change them up every so often?  Will each venue have a different vibe and sound? Will there be a regular band with orchestra pieces?   Will he continue the snarkfest? 

In addition to all of that I think it would be awesome if he would share with us, some of the original songs that were recorded but didn't make the CD when the concept/direction for his CD took a 180 degree turn. (This is just a wish.  I don't expect it to happen.)

I've been thinking about all of those Clay creations sitting on the shelves in the RCA warehouse, gathering dust, not being appreciated by the legions of people who long to hear his voice, aching for an original, signature, Clay Aiken song.  It's like covering a Picasso with burlap.  It's just wrong!  Cry! Drama 

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 10:55:25 AM »

If we are just wishful thinking here..... Baby Dust

then I say Clay should do a tour with his covers from ATDW and kick them up a notch as only he can do LIVE, 

and...........

fill in with about 20 songs he has written himself.  Wink

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 11:18:31 AM »

JILL--I LOVE THE WAY YOU THINK.  Huggles

I HOPE HE DOES THE SONGS FROM ATDW AND THE BONUS CUTS.  I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY WANT TO HEAR HIM SING Lover All Alone LIVE.  WAMLAW--STILL HOPING FOR THAT. 

I AGREE THAT IT WOULD BE SO COOL TO HEAR SOME OF THE SONGS NOT ON THE CD.  I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM AND JUDGE FOR MYSELF.

LIVE CLAY IS JUST ORGASMIC AND I COULD USE SOME OF THAT.  SOON I HOPE.   bigsmile

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
franniek54
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 11:31:50 AM »

Like everybody else, I have no idea what to expect, but it's fun to imagine.  wheee

I think he is in a really experimental and creative period right now, not just musically but personnally as well, and that can take you all kinds of places.  RCA has been stiffling it but he has tons more opportunity to be creative on tour.  And knowing how he likes to surprise and wow us, I think we are going to see a huge mix.

Here's what I'm dreaming up right now:

ATDW songs sprinkled thruout the night, perhaps groups of 2 or 3 at a time that can be done in a similar style (acoustic or strings or duets.......yeah duets)

High energy stuff in between to lift your spirits like the Christian rock that he likes, or some Country rock or who knows, this is where he can try some new styles and genres

Some, but not too many of his classics, the stuff that people want to hear over and over

But what would or should the encore be?  Something dramatic-- Without You with that huge glory note at the end and blowing the roof off the place would work, he sings that so great.  Or maybe it should be something brand new.

As the day goes by and the coffee soaks in i will have more thoughts on the music I am sure.  But what I really want to know is what will he wear and his hair better still be long or I will be really upset.  Mmmmmmmmmmm.....long-haired Clay in jeans  Thud! Thud! Thud!

Will his moves be even hotter?  Will he banter more with the audience?  Will he have new people with him on stage?  Will he play an instrument?

I think that it will be a really eclectic and different show because HE is different.  Maybe he is lurking at the OFC even more now scouting for ideas, maybe the process is already well underway.  i don't know how long it takes to put these shows together, but Wooooo Hooooo.........i can't wait!   
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 01:48:20 PM »

It is with a sense of joy and wonderment that I look forward to Clay's next tour!

I will be thrilled to get the LIVE versions of the songs from ATDW.  No matter what politics of the industry resulted in a CD of covers, Clay put forth so much effort to make each song special. The CD is a beautiful piece of work. I truly think that when the CD was completed, Clay was very proud of the end result.  In concerts, he will have the chance to share those feelings with us.

Clay always manages to surprise us.  I think we will get a healthy dose of the growlin', raspy voiced rockin' Clay.  I think he needs that as much as we do! Wink 

I hope that his concerts are scheduled at venues all over the land . . . lots of concerts!  Clapping

Even tho' I don't have a clue as to what Clay has planned for upcoming concerts  . . . I don't doubt for a minute that there will be "snark and banter".  (oh . . .not a doubt) ~

Since we are speculating and wishing  . . . . I wish Team Clay would absolutely SHOCK us with a tour schedule complete with venues and dates all lined up and ready to go  . . . rather than  "filling in the blanks piece by piece" and driving us nuts!  Smile

Final wish/dream:  Clay will sing "Lover All Alone" and no one will SCREAM until he is finished with every single note ~   blush

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 01:55:00 PM »

See...........I KNEW you were all SMART Clay fans.   Wink

In addition to all of that I think it would be awesome if he would share with us, some of the original songs that were recorded but didn't make the CD when the concept/direction for his CD took a 180 degree turn. (This is just a wish.  I don't expect it to happen.)

I've been thinking about all of those Clay creations sitting on the shelves in the RCA warehouse, gathering dust, not being appreciated by the legions of people who long to hear his voice, aching for an original, signature, Clay Aiken song.  It's like covering a Picasso with burlap.  It's just wrong!  Cry! Drama 

Jill - I SO agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And you said it perfectly!!!!!!!

I believe we will hear ATDW songs on the tour, of course, but I am hoping  Fingers Crossed  we will get a tiny little taste of something new that will be on the next CD.  And I am hoping they will resurrect some of the songs that somehow "went away".  Like... Back For More.  I had thought that would be a radio hit....whatever happened to that?????  I still LOVE to hear Clay sing that.  And it is such a "sing along" song.  Perfect for radio play.  We were all singing along with him shortly after he sang it on GMA.  I hope he does more of that kind of song this time.  I LOVE ATDW and everything our Clay is willing to sing to me  blush  but I have to agree that with more original songs, it will get him more respect in the industry, though that doesn't mean a thing to me.  But I do realize it means something to long term success in this tough business. 

And I LOVE the songs he sang on his demo, and would LOVE to hear him sing some of those.....but I am sure that won't happen. 

Can't wait to hear more!!!

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 01:57:58 PM »

Barb - We were posting at the same time.  Clapping Clapping Clapping  Great comments!!!!! If Clay performs EVERYWHERE, as we wish, I hope to be at a concert with you once again.   Huggles
Woodstock

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2007, 02:19:24 PM »

Barb - We were posting at the same time.  Clapping Clapping Clapping  Great comments!!!!! If Clay performs EVERYWHERE, as we wish, I hope to be at a concert with you once again.   Huggles
Woodstock

It's a deal !  Clapping

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 03:03:34 PM »

Tour songs of course ATDW will be the matrix from wich the concert will develop. Hope we get some glimpses of future CD songs that we haven'e heard before.

Absolutely Quynn, I think Clay songs would be wonderful. some with the music by David Foster perhaps.

Last song of the nigh Lover All Alone

A quiet intimate heart wrenching solo , with subdued lighting and and even more subdued and respectful audience.

I hope he visits California but I am not holding my breath. I cannot travel far, so I am praying.

I also hope it happens soon, unless of course he decides to put out another CD before the tour, Things already recorded and waiting plus those new Clay songs. oooooh yeah.

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
fantasy
Adults
Enthusiastic

Now I'm on my way!

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007, 07:56:10 PM »

I hope that is sooner than later but will look forward to whenever Clay is ready. I too think the songs will focus on ATDW and depending on when he tours, possibly outdoor venues if it is summer, smaller theaters if it is spring or fall. He might mix in other covers and new songs either he recorded originally for the CD or ones that will be on the next CD.  Fingers Crossed

I hope for a more laid back atmosphere similar to the Christmas concerts this last year. He loved interacting with the audience and I think the smaller venues would work. As good as he looked on the promos for ATDW, I hope he dresses in jeans and not so much in suits or that he changes looks between sets.

Final wish/dream:  Clay will sing "Lover All Alone" and no one will SCREAM until he is finished with every single note ~   blush

And like Barbara, I hope for quiet and respect on the more intimate songs. I can see Clay sitting at a piano, playing "Lover All Alone" just him with a spotlight and a hushed, captivated crowd.  bigsmile

I also hope that he comes to Texas this year. I would love to still Clay trek but he needs to come here.

"The last 20 feet are the hardest."
"Maybe I can rest beneath your smile."
shippygem
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 11:38:08 AM »

wave all!!!

We KNOW Clay will be touring again sometime this year.  Just don't know when yet.  But it has been hinted that it will be sooner than we think!!!

NOOOOOOOOO  Paranoid

He's not allowed to tour until at least the middle of May!!!!!

That way I might actually have *some* chance of getting to see him.  I wont get any more money from Uni until at least April and then I have to actually be *at* Uni so he's not allowed to tour until the Summer. Naughty Naughty
Claygirl
SuperFan

Always have faith, and there will be a way.

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2007, 07:16:20 AM »

Gemma-Clay did an interview with ABC News now, and when asked about his tour he said, "We're working on a tour, trying to get something together for the summer."  bigsmile
I just can't wait to hear Clay sing his ATDW songs live, and I hope he'll sing some of his demos, and I desperately want to hear him sing "Lover All Alone" live.  Thud! What ever Clay has planned will be wonderful, but if he doesn't come to Chicago, I may not be able to go on.  lmao ~Kelly~

Angel Baby Dust ~Kelly~ Baby Dust
Love! I love Clay Aiken! Music heartbeat claymaniacs rocks
Hearing Clay's voice, quiets the ones in my head. Wink
(Clay's biggest fan and David Cook "Word Nerd" #2894!) :heartburst
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx