gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:50:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 365
Total: 365

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Thousand Days Video  (Read 4871 times)
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« on: January 25, 2007, 03:18:15 PM »

Did y'all go on over to Yahoo Music (or as I affectionately call it when I'm trying to use its rather  IM program, YaHell LOL!) and watch the video premiere of A Thousand Days?

Well?

Have ya?

Huh?   

I did!  Twice!  Well, three times.  Er maybe four.  Okay, five.  Five times, alright?!?!?   Paranoid

And I had a few thoughts.

The happy ones first:

1.  The girls look FANTASTIC!!!!

2.  Clay's thighs are the reason God made jeans.   

3.  Forgot how much more I like the shorter hair.  The little flippy curl at the nape of his neck looks delicious!

4.  They seem to have hired someone other than Tammy Faye Baker to do his eyes, because I saw pretty green eyes instead of drag queen Cher eyeliner.    Clapping  But we'll revisit the topic of make up later, unfortunately.

5.  He's  Flame hot Flame

Now for the nit-picking:

1.  Somebody needs to tackle that chick who yells, "MAKE UP" and then slaps poor Clay in the face with a big powder poofer!  Yes, they eased up on the Morticia Addams eyeliner, but I swear there must've been 12 pounds of foundation on his face!  I'm surprised he could move his mouth to sing!  Shame on them for covering up his sexy freckles and making him look like one of Jessica Simpson's airbrushed-to-remove-zits paloozas.   Naughty

2.  Y'all will probably throw rotten veggies at me for this one, but the man makes funny faces when he sings.   Laughing  Usually they don't distract me because I've grown to see them as just part of who he is, kinda like the shirt tug thing.  But for some reason, in this video they actually made me giggle a couple of times.   Paranoid  What?!?!?  They did!!!  Am I kicked out of the club now?

And lastly ...

3.  It's a stand there and sing video, which is okay and all.  But we see him do that all the time on TV shows.  I'd love to see him make a video where he tells a story.  Maybe plays a romantic lead to go with the lyrics ... that type of thing.  Something different.

So ... who's next?  I know y'all had some thoughts.  Share with the family ...  bigsmile

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 04:36:23 PM »

So ... who's next?  I know y'all had some thoughts.  Share with the family ...  bigsmile

I'll go next!

What I liked:

1. Man looked hot
2. The ladies looked great.
3. The hair was awesome.
4. Man can move.
5. Loved the outfit.

and the what tha?'s:

1. Why is he just standing there singing to camera operators and tech people? If it's just a stand there and sing video why not a concert-like video? I much prefer the Kimmel version. They could have just released that as the video. It rocked! Totally.
2. Some not-so-baggy jeans would be nice  bigsmile
3. Man can move - so move a little more!
4. Would have been great to see images of a story interspersed with the footage of the "singing-in-the-garage" video.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 06:05:33 PM »

I liked....

1...first and foremost the eyeboinking.  The close up shots of those gorgeous emerald gems exuding confidence and a naughty playfullness are yummy. 

2...the fact that he was singing an "original", "modern" (circa 2007) pop ballad that showcases him as a singer capable of appealing to the current pop audience vs a tired cover.   Clay can sing originals worthy of pop radio play.  I hope nonfans and people in the biz get to see that in this video. 

3...the arm flailing, because he looked like he was so "into" the song. 

4...the jacket which accentuated his broad shoulders.  :fan

5...watching the placement of his bangs change throughout the song was intriguing.    At one point, near the end, he almost had a part down the middle.  Laughing 

Yeah, I liked it.     Clapping

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 06:22:05 PM »

Clay hot!  Flame hot Flame   

Sings pretty!  gish gish gish

Honestly, that's all I've noticed the first ten times, I guess I'd better go watch again, and be more observant this time.

Wink

clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 06:53:09 AM »

Is there a link to see the video anywhere?

\"When was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you as opposed to someone who needed help?\" -- Clay Aiken
The amazingly talented, sexy young man who is Clay Aiken!!!!!
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 09:54:44 AM »

"LIKED"......Clay looked HOT!  Thud!  Loved the outfit, but, I agree with Michelle.  The jeans could
               have been tighter.  Hair looked really good, shiney and soft.  Loved how the bangs
               changed throught the video.  Loved all the eye-boinks!  Loved the flailing arms! The
               girls looked beautiful!  The band looked good, however.............

"NOT LIKED".....Way too much band coverage.  I wanted to see more of Clay.  Nothing original...
                    just Clay singing like we've seen him sing in every television program he's been
                    on.  He looked and sounded wonderful (was he lip-syncing?), but I was hoping for
                    something different.  Something that would stand out and grab me (faints!).  For
                    me, this video was boring compared to others out there.  Clay has so much
                    potential.   I was really hoping to see something more "mature".  By that, I don't
                    mean raunchy, but a little more edgy.  Two of Clay's three videos were of him
                    performing.   And, "The Way" hardly had him in it.  

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 10:09:10 AM »

"LIKED"......Clay looked HOT!  Thud!  Loved the outfit, but, I agree with Michelle.  The jeans could
               have been tighter.  Hair looked really good, shiney and soft.  Loved how the bangs
               changed throught the video.  Loved all the eye-boinks!  Loved the flailing arms! The

"NOT LIKED".....Way too much band coverage.  I wanted to see more of Clay.  Nothing original...
                    just Clay singing like we've seen him sing in every television program he's been
                    on.  He looked and sounded wonderful (was he lip-syncing?), but I was hoping for
                    something different.  Something that would stand out and grab me (faints!).  For
                    potential.   I was really hoping to see something more "mature".  By that, I don't
                    performing.   And, "The Way" hardly had him in it.   

GOD, MICKI, YOU AND I HAVE BEEN THINKING EXACTLY ALIKE FOR DAYS NOW.   Wink

HE LOOKED GREAT, BUT HE HAS BEEN LOOKING AMAZING.  WE HAVE SEEN HIM SING THAT SONG A ZILLION TIMES WITH THE BAND.  SOMETHING DIFFERENT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE.  IF THEY WANTED TO HAVE HIM SING IT LIKE THAT, THEN IN FRONT OF AN AUDIENCE.  I BET SPOTLIGHTLOVER OR ANY OF MANY CLACK GATHERERS COULD HAVE DONE A BETTER JOB.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 10:30:21 AM »

?????? Does anyone know if there is a link?  I went to Yahoo music and clicked Clay's picture but the video wasn't available.

\"When was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you as opposed to someone who needed help?\" -- Clay Aiken
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 10:33:11 AM »

potential.   I was really hoping to see something more "mature".  By that, I don't
                    performing.   And, "The Way" hardly had him in it.   

GOD, MICKI, YOU AND I HAVE BEEN THINKING EXACTLY ALIKE FOR DAYS NOW.   Wink

HE LOOKED GREAT, BUT HE HAS BEEN LOOKING AMAZING.  WE HAVE SEEN HIM SING THAT SONG A ZILLION TIMES WITH THE BAND.  SOMETHING DIFFERENT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE.  IF THEY WANTED TO HAVE HIM SING IT LIKE THAT, THEN IN FRONT OF AN AUDIENCE.  I BET SPOTLIGHTLOVER OR ANY OF MANY CLACK GATHERERS COULD HAVE DONE A BETTER JOB.

GWENN

Scarey, isn't it???? Paranoid

MICKI  

lovinclay
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 10:39:27 AM »

?????? Does anyone know if there is a link?  I went to Yahoo music and clicked Clay's picture but the video wasn't available.

Philly posted a link in the ANN for January 24th.  Try there.

MICKI  

clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 11:00:37 AM »

I got it now.  I always forget to try "Refreshing" when what I want isn't there.  I did get to see it.  Thanks.

ILClaymate
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 11:03:20 AM »

Just as FYI...the link to the video is also up in our news header at the top of the page.  Just click on the purple Yahoo!Music button and it will take you there.
ILClaymate
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 11:20:45 AM »

but the man makes funny faces when he sings.   Laughing  Usually they don't distract me because I've grown to see them as just part of who he is, kinda like the shirt tug thing.  But for some reason, in this video they actually made me giggle a couple of times.   

He looked and sounded wonderful (was he lip-syncing?),

I just had a chance to FINALLY watch this all the way through.  I noticed the different 'funny faces' too.  I thought there was some also in the Without You video.  I think he may indeed be lip-syncing and that may be why the facial movements seemed a bit more dramatic than what we are used to seeing on other performances.  I especially noticed it with his mouth and also I didn't notice any neck strain during the glory notes.  BUT having said all that, I did enjoy it and I think he looked great.  I'm glad he chose the jeans too instead of the normal suits he wore on the talk shows he performed on.  Nice job Clay and thanks! 
clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 11:49:25 AM »

4.  They seem to have hired someone other than Tammy Faye Baker to do his eyes, because I saw pretty green eyes instead of drag queen Cher eyeliner.    Clapping  But we'll revisit the topic of make up later, unfortunately.

Now for the nit-picking:

1.  Somebody needs to tackle that chick who yells, "MAKE UP" and then slaps poor Clay in the face with a big powder poofer!  Yes, they eased up on the Morticia Addams eyeliner, but I swear there must've been 12 pounds of foundation on his face!  I'm surprised he could move his mouth to sing!  Shame on them for covering up his sexy freckles and making him look like one of Jessica Simpson's airbrushed-to-remove-zits paloozas.   Naughty

I watched the video above (in the purple Yahoo box), and did not hear anyone scream "Make Up" or see Clay slapped with powder.   When/where did that happen.

Also, is there a way to enlarge the video.  I'm not sure how all of you can see the details you mention. 

My last thoughts:  IMO, the video is exactly.......exactly like Without You.

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 05:25:16 PM »

I watched the video above (in the purple Yahoo box), and did not hear anyone scream "Make Up" or see Clay slapped with powder.   When/where did that happen.

Also, is there a way to enlarge the video.  I'm not sure how all of you can see the details you mention. 

My last thoughts:  IMO, the video is exactly.......exactly like Without You.

There wasn't an actual person shouting "Make Up!" and slapping Clay's face with powder anywhere in the video.  That's just an expression.  I believe it comes from live theater.  I was just trying to be comical (and not doing it very well apparently  Laughing) in saying that I thought they put too much make up on his face.

I don't know if it's possible to enlarge the video.  I noted the heavy facial make up on his close ups.

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 06:16:08 PM »

I have the video enlarged. I am sucked in by his eyes and lips though. I notice no makeup .... just Clay singing to me in really nice jeans.  bigsmile

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Claygirl
SuperFan

Always have faith, and there will be a way.

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2007, 02:57:24 AM »

Oh man! I wish I could see this! My computer won't play anything, *shakes fist at computer screen* "Lousy dial-up!" ~Kelly~  pull hair explode

Angel Baby Dust ~Kelly~ Baby Dust
Love! I love Clay Aiken! Music heartbeat claymaniacs rocks
Hearing Clay's voice, quiets the ones in my head. Wink
(Clay's biggest fan and David Cook "Word Nerd" #2894!) :heartburst
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx