gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:31:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 400
Total: 400

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Clay ever do a dvd of one of his concerts that he's already done?  (Read 3913 times)
tiggergirl19
« on: January 24, 2007, 02:56:41 AM »

How come Clay has only put out the dvd of his Christmas special but hasn't done one for a concert of one of his own?  I think that if he did that, then he'd see how many more people might want to go to his concerts, alone, because I know that he's one of those performersthat I'd like to see live, but with how much the ticketa cost, I can't go.  I wish that the performers wouldn't cost so much money to go see for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours for one night, and then you won't remember it later in your life.  One rDIO STion where I live, does free lisdtener apprection concerts for the station listeners, and I went to the Lonestar concert that they put on here at Lawler.  Don't get me wrong, Clay is wonderful, but my mom doesn't want to pay about $200-300 dollars just for me to go to one of his concerts, or anyone else i like, like Marish Carey, Celine Dion, Shania Twain, Faith Hill & Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood, Jessica Simpson, Nick Lachey, Britney Spears, LeAnn Rimes, or anyone else like that. :kermit :kermit Smack flower flower flower
Sunflower101
Claynewbie

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 09:57:17 AM »

Yes, yes,  DVD of his concerts will be just great.  I Purple Banana have Sarah Brightman, Josh Groban, Bee Gees, Santana, Sade and in my weird moment, even bought Janet Jacksons'.  I will absolutely buy it.  He is such a well-rounded performer and his rapport with audience comes thru so his DVD of concerts will be really great!  I saw Kelly Clarkson's DVD ( although I don't know how well it did, commercially) and there is no reason why Clay couldn't have his own!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 03:45:13 PM »

I just make my own.  bigsmile

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 04:06:49 PM »

YOU SURE DID AND A GREAT JOB I MAY SAY SO MYSELF.
tiggergirl19
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 05:52:48 PM »

What did you use to make your own Clay dvd, and when did you do it?  i'm just curious, because if someone like you can do that, then why can't Clay's record label do that with the 4-6, I don't really know how many tours he's done, why they can't put together a dvd with footage from each show that he's done.  Because I'm sure that they have to film each show so that Clay can see if he did it the way that he wanted to do the show each night that he does a concert for his fans.
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 06:01:33 PM »

I use clack that's readily shared on several sites. Clay fans love to share!

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
tiggergirl19
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 06:11:22 PM »

I understand that Clay fans love to share.  i don't understant why his record label just won't put together a dvd of a live show that he did so that the rest of his fans can see it that didn't get to go to it.  I got to see the Christmas special both times that it was on, and the last time that it was on, I recorded it, and I've started to record anything that has to do with him.  I think that his record label might think that a dvd of a live show that he did might not do so good as his albums do, but that could be proven wrong with as many Clay fans as there are. Thud! Thud! Thud!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 06:24:38 PM »

We've been asking for that forever. I guess my homemade ones will have to do for now.

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
tiggergirl19
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 07:03:55 PM »

How come the record label won't listen to the fans then about a Clay dvd, besides the Christmas special one?  Are they really that into themselves and don't know that maybe something like that could help make more money not only for them but also for Clay as well?  I mean, that's why they did sign him as a client was do get him good deals, wasn't it? Thud!
ILClaymate
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 07:30:58 AM »

Tiggergirl ~ thats only really a question that TeamClay or RCA can answer.  It would be nice to get a professional concert DVD and maybe someday we will.  Last year before ATDW came out, RCA had announced that Clay's new CD would be a DualDisc with a CD on one side and a DVD on the other but unfortunately that didn't happen.  But it is a great idea and hopefully there will be BIG promotion on the next album which will include a concert DVD at some point.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 07:46:56 AM »

Unfortunately we can't just ask and get what we want.  I wish it were that easy! Smile

There are contractural issues as well as the issue of rights to the songs performed on the DVD.  Clay would have to purchase or obtain the rights to perform all those songs that are not his. 

For example, the songs on ATDW that were previously recorded - he had to get the rights to put those songs on the CD - and most of them were owned by Sony/BMG/RCA already.  I don't know how easy it would be to get the rights to a U2 song, or Sting, or Prince. 

I think when Clay has accumulated more original music, we'll have a better chance of getting a live DVD.

Fingers Crossed
Claygirl
SuperFan

Always have faith, and there will be a way.

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 02:27:31 AM »

I think yours just might be better then anything RCA or TeamClay could make!  bigsmile Clapping ~Kelly~

Angel Baby Dust ~Kelly~ Baby Dust
Love! I love Clay Aiken! Music heartbeat claymaniacs rocks
Hearing Clay's voice, quiets the ones in my head. Wink
(Clay's biggest fan and David Cook "Word Nerd" #2894!) :heartburst
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx