gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:58:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 457
Total: 457

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLAIN AND FANCY - RATED G  (Read 3671 times)
tamaraluvs
Adults
Enthusiastic

One sexy daddy!!

« on: January 24, 2007, 02:32:01 AM »

This is my first story that I had written about 14 months ago.
Hope you all like it!
Title:PLAIN AND FANCY
Author: Tammy
Rating: G
Content Warning: None
Disclaimer:I do not know or am affiliated in any way with Clay Aiken. This story is purely fictional for entertainment only. No money changed hands in the making of this piece.

Chapter 1… “Miriam’s World"     

Miriam Lapp was a shy, reserved young Amish woman. She lived by the traditional Amish ways. Her strong religious beliefs and family convictions kept her on the straight and narrow. She was always willing to help her neighbors with their roadside stand, which resided along route 340 near Bird-in-Hand Lancaster County, as well as helping feed chickens and milk cows on her small family farm.
   Miriam had always been a sickly child and during her teen years she had been almost near death with a bad bout of bronchitis and asthma. Now at 19 years of age she was almost too old for her rumschpringe. (a running around period set aside for Amish youth in their late teens to “get out of their systems” the foolishness and other worldly desires before committing themselves to God and the church.) Because of her special condition, the elders allowed her to have six more months to go through her rumschpringe before she made her final vow.
   Miriam’s Mennonite cousin, Emma Smith, was her best friend and closest confidant. Emma’s family was more modern than most of their sect. They drove cars, had electricity, and a colored television. To Miriam her Mennonite relatives were as fancy as any of the customers she greeted at the roadside stand.

Once, two years earlier, Miriam had watched a television show were young people were performing and competing for a prize. She would sit there in her cousin’s sitting room and watch in wonderment , confused as to why such talented people would want to compete against one another when they were all so talented. Emma would pick Miriam up once a week for a ‘visit’ and to watch the show…..called American Idol.
    Miriam was fascinated by one young man. To her he had the voice of an ANGEL. His voice touched a part of her she had yet to discover. What was it about this man that kept her mind wandering to places she feared to tread? She continued to watch the show until a winner was announced. But she thought of this man with the “ANGEL VOICE” often and prayed that he would find a place in this world for he was truly special.  She also had to find a way to shake the thoughts she had for this man. She never had an interest in boys and at her age she should have been thinking about settling down and starting a family, but she could not get the “ANGEL VOICE” out of her head. “Dear God help me find my place in this world, the path that was designed by YOUR word for me. And please help me to get rid of these feelings….these feelings for a man that is not of My world.”

Chapter 2….  “The Concert"

As luck would have it, Miriam was six weeks away from starting her baptismal instruction to become a member of the church, when her cousin Emma purchased concert tickets to Atlantic City.
    “Miriam you will have fun at this concert. After all weren’t you the one who pined for this man on television a few years back?” Emma had teased her cousin.
     “Emma you are being foolish,” Miriam said blushing, “besides my rumschpringe is almost over and I am going to go through with my baptismal.” She sat pondering what exactly she was going to do about her baptismal. “No wild ‘English’ music fest, as you call it, is going to change my mind.”  Miriam was determined to follow the RIGHT path.
     “Suit yourself!” scolded Emma, “But you only live once and I doubt God will punish you for enjoying this kind of music.” Miriam knew her cousin was right. But still she questioned her heart to the feelings she couldn’t overcome.

The day of the concert had arrived and the girls headed to the home of Jane Andrews. Jane had worked with Emma at the local grocery store and had always been a mother figure to both girls. Jane was also a HUGE Clay Aiken fan. She was just as eager and excited about this concert as the girls. She helped both girls get ready for the show. Jane had given Emma a beautiful floral top and navy short to wear. For Miriam, Jane had dressed her in a modest red buttoned down blouse and tight fitting jeans. She brushed Miriam’s auburn hair and applied a small amount of blush and lipstick to Miriam’s face. When Miriam looked in the mirror she couldn’t believe what she saw.
      “Miri-girl, you are a natural beauty. You could make a man blush at the sight of you girl!” Emma said through tears of joy. Once the girls were dressed and ready, Jane drove them to the concert.
       After the two and half hour drive they finally arrived. Sitting in the front row, Emma and Miriam were amazed at the sight of the huge stage and the pandemonium of the other fans in the audience. The noise level was deafening. It was the first concert for either of the girls and they were truly excited.
      As Clay had emerged, the cousins sat in awe. When he sang Miriam became mesmerized. At one point during the concert, he had looked right at Miriam and it made her heart skip a beat. No man had ever looked at her that way and it made her smile. Her heart and her head were starting to spin out of control as she took everything in.
     “How could I have missed so much,” she thought to herself, “This is amazing.” But her conscious was wearing her down. She thought about her life…her upbringing, her impending baptism, the church. She thought about all of the things her cousin was privileged to.. cars ,music, freedom. As she pondered these things, the concert had ended.
     Jane was now leading the girls to the chain link fence that separates the fans from the “man”. As he walked past he greeted the fans by saying, “Hi, thanks for coming”, smiling and even shaking hands. As he got close to Jane, Emma and Miriam, he stopped, mesmerized by Miriam’s eyes. Quickly Miriam looked down at her feet, for his stare was like that of a tourist’s camera flash. Miriam suddenly became embarrassed. Clearing his throat, he proceeded to thank the women for coming to the show, but kept his eyes on Miriam.
   “Did you see that?” squealed Jane, “He looked right at you Miri-girl. I told you your beauty would make a man blush.” Miriam just shook her head and continued to look at the ground. How would a worldly man view her as anything but plain…..

Chapter 3…… “The Encounter”

A year had past since that wonderful-gut day. Miriam often thought back to that experience as she tended to the roadside stand. Her mind would wander off to places she dare not share with anyone, even her cousin Emma. It was one thing to have these thoughts, let alone go to the Lord in prayer about such silliness.
     It was a hot day for this the last day in August. The sun was beating down on her as she wiped a bead of sweat from her brow. The fruit flies were terribly bad this year, and today was no exception. She swatted a small swarm of the pests away from the apples and red plums, when a black SUV pulled up in front of the stand. She tucked a strand of hair back under her prayer cap and smoothed out the creases in her brown chore dress as two men approached her.
       “Hello miss…we seemed to have gotten lost on our way out of Lancaster, can you help…” the taller man stopped in mid sentence as he took off his sunglasses. He stared into Miriam’s eyes as he said his next word…”us?” The shorter man cleared his throat to distract the hypnotic gaze between his friend and Miriam.
    “Hey,” he whispered “ Can you please get the directions? We gotta go.”
     “Um…how do we get back onto the main highway?” As Miriam explained how to get back onto route 30, the taller man couldn’t help but stare at the girl. She was beautiful, but where would he have seen her before? Had she been to one of his concerts? No, she couldn’t have been not by the way she was dressed. He seemed bewildered by her ….as if suffering from culture shock.
       He had thanked her for her kindness and even purchased a small basket of apples for the trip. As he walked away he turned to look at her again…’Where have I seen those sparkling green eyes before?’ he thought to himself. He turned back towards the car and just shook his head.
         Miriam did know this customer and she let him walk away without ever acknowledging him as a celebrity. She knew what it meant to have a little privacy. Living with the path that she chose, she cherished her privacy.  As she watched the car pull away, she could see the man’s eyes staring back at her…just like it did that night…..

GO TEAM USA!!!
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 06:55:20 AM »

Very Good Lil Sis! Clapping
tamaraluvs
Adults
Enthusiastic

One sexy daddy!!

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 04:08:04 PM »

Very Good Lil Sis! Clapping

Thank you so much!
I had a good role model in writing! Wink

GO TEAM USA!!!
franniek54
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 04:54:19 PM »

This is fascinating Tammy.  Keep me posted as to future installments 

I wonder if you saw this reality show a couple of years ago, don't remember the name, but they put 6 Amish kids on rumspringe in a house with 6 secular kids and they provided different experiences for them each week.  Not eating bugs but real life things like hosting a party or eating in an exclusive restaurant or going to Venice Beach.  Sometimes they would team them up to complete a task.  Some of the Amish kids chose to get their GEDs during that time also. 

So, I don't know what my point is, just that I found it interesting.  Unfortunately, I watched every episode, but when it came time for the final episode it just was not aired at the usual time.  And I don't know if it was me who goofed up or them, but I was never able to see the final episode.  argh!  So if anybody knows how it ended could you tell me?  I'm dying to know who decided to go back and who did not.

I love this concept Tammy so I hope you post more soon.
stilldreaming
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dreamlover

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 04:57:32 PM »

Tammy, I love this story!!   

Will there be more?  Fingers Crossed 

"Nothing happens unless first a dream...." ~ C. Sandburg
East Coast Posse party coordinator  cheers2
tamaraluvs
Adults
Enthusiastic

One sexy daddy!!

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 04:59:42 PM »

Thanks Frannie and Cindy!

Unfortunately I never came up with a sequel. But that doesn't mean that there can't be one! Wink

GO TEAM USA!!!
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 09:18:44 AM »

Already told ya this, but I'll say it again and again.  A very enjoyable story, and unique - which I like!   Clapping  Thanks so much for sharing!

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx