gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:52:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 408
Total: 408

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: Listed below are all Clay's CDs.  What's your favorite?
Look What Love Has Done
BOTW/TITN Single
Measure of a Man
The Way/Solitaire Single
Merry Christmas With Love
A Thousand Different Ways
All is Well EP

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poll: What's Your Favorite Clay CD?  (Read 5976 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: January 23, 2007, 08:13:04 PM »

In four years, Clay has released two commercial singles, three full length CDs and an EP.

Look What Love Has Done was a demo CD recorded prior to Clay auditioning for American Idol. 

Not that you will need it, but the whole discography listing with songs is in the About Clay Aiken forum!

So, what's your favorite?  I know this is a tough one, because we all have favorite songs from each album!

HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 09:01:06 PM »

It IS hard!

I voted for MOAM. More for "the memories" and "feelings" it evokes in me, rather than the quality of the CD or even the songs.

I think the best produced, best sounding, more cohesive CD was MCWL.

MOAM has played over and over by me. I could not stop listening once I "discovered" Clay. I was sooo proud of him. i was really excited! Brought me HERE!

Invisible was a hit. The Way was on its way...They tried with another, but then it seems the CD went "poof". I think they released the wrong song on the third one, or it may have sold even more, hotter, for the period of time that it did.

That said...the first non commercial release...the "real Clay, please stand up" Look What Love Has done"..was pretty darn interesting. I still enjoy listening to those songs these days.

Of course, the lastest EP "All IS Well" is wonderful, but just can't give a 4 song CD my "favorite" vote.

ATDW???? I like it, don't love it. Still wish it hadn't been mostly covers. I do agree on some "reviews" about the CD....as long as they are reviewing the CD and NOT Clay, as a person. I don't think it was "the best Clay has to offer"

The singles??

Goes without saying. They were GREAT! TITN and BOTW..a Classic, in my book. It is the only CD of Clays that I have only one copy of..and it has been played multiple times. As a matter of fact, it is STILL in my car CD player, as one of Clays CDs in rotation and has never left. Play it loud and proud!!

I really should try to burn that, as a back up.

So, there you have my thoughts.

I gave MOAM my vote.

Lora
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 09:21:33 PM »

Hello!

I voted for MCWL.  Clay is able to adapt his voice to each Christmas song.  I love "Sleigh Ride" and "O Holy Night."  Each time I hear his "Silent Night," it brings tears to my eyes; so beautiful.  A perfect, timeless Christmas CD!

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 02:16:58 AM »

All of the CDs are near and dear to my heart for one reason or another.  I love each and every one of them and the memories and exctement associated with them. 

I love the holiday season! I love Christmas Carols. Always have, always will.  I appreciate a well-sung holiday tune.  And who could possibly sing them any better than Clay? Wink

So, I was thrilled when I heard Clay was going to release a Christmas CD!  Purple Banana Purple Banana 
Now, you all can guess which CD I voted for.  bigsmile

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 04:21:42 AM »

REALLY HARD.  I VOTED FOR All Is Well BECAUSE I THINK THAT IT SHOWS THE MOST GROWTH IN HIS VOICE AND PERFORMANCE.  NEVER WAS CRAZY ABOUT MOAM.  THE LIVE SONGS WERE SOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER. I LOVE MCWL AND ATDW.  COULDN'T VOTE FOR A SINGLE.  LOVE MOST OF THE SONGS FROM THE DEMO BUT HIS VOUCE QUALITY WASN'T THERE YET.

JMHO

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sunflower101
Claynewbie

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 09:43:52 AM »

I voted for ATDW.  Although I agreed with many of you that Clay needed mostly original songs, but I really could feel & hear the growth on this CD and it showed just how much further he can go with the "right direction."  For his next CD, I think they should decide & nurture his talents and stretch it even further - to ensure longevity as an artist.  Hopefully, Clay will have much more input next time around.
Ms. Hip Shake
SuperFan

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 09:57:45 AM »

My favourite Clay CD?  Well, I cannot vote honestly because Clay has not released "my favourite" yet.  That is not to say that I don't like what he has done thus far.  In fact, I would have to declare the exact opposite.  I have appreciated all of Clay's musical efforts to date for different reasons.  With that said, I truly believe that Clay's absolute best is yet to come.  So, for now....I will pick a single song or two.  The best: Lover All Alone.  Honorable mention: All is Well.  Solitaire gets my vote for best single.  Yummy, thud!

The CD’s: I truly enjoyed MOAM, MCWL, All Is Well and ATDW.  I play all four quite often; in fact, I have ATDW in my walkman right now.  I will never forget how excited I was when I first purchased and listened to MOAM. I felt that it was a good freshman effort and that “my discovery” was on his way.  PS. He was “my discovery” because I was the first in my circle to recognize his star. Without Clay’s voice and interpretation, the songs on MOAM would have fell flat.  He breathed precious life into the music.  That is why I really liked MOAM.  Still do!  “Merry Xmas With Love", IMHO, is one of the best Xmas CD’s that I have ever listened to.  I played that CD until it cried for mercy.  I mean....who plays Xmas music in July????  Yes, me!  But that is simply a testament to how wonderful this CD is.  I have Clayverted more people with MCWL than I can count.  “Oh Holy Night, DSIAFCD, Mary Did You Know” are hallucinogenic, so I did not have to work hard.  The latest, ATDW, is a very good CD.  I would have preferred less covers, but....Clay’s cover tracks are better than the majority of the originals.  So, who am I to argue.  Clay exhibited substantial growth with this CD and the All Is Well EP.  He stretched his pipes to remarkable heights.  He proved that he is, indeed, a magnificent singer.   I think that ATDW and All Is Well are stepping stones.  Two more baby steps forward for Clay.  Two more reasons for people to take notice of Clay Aiken, future superstar.

Lover All Alone ~sigh~!  When I heard this song.....that is when I KNEW Clay had “it”.  “It” meaning....the ability to create and release a killer  CD.  My favourite Clay Aiken CD is going to be a full representation of the man himself.  I want to hear what is inside of him (not someone else).  I don’t care if he is mad, sad, happy, lonely, in love, out of love or completely lost....I simply want to know what’s in his soul.  Combine that personal expression with that amazing voice (a’ la All is Well, the vocal masterpiece), and my vote for the best will be cast.  And, if Lover All Alone is any indication....that coveted CD might come sooner than we think.  Keep the faith!

Peace out, fandom.  Thanks for the memories.  Goodbye.
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 10:02:46 AM »

My goodness, Kim, what a wonderful, insightful post!  Made me think......yes, the best is yet to come!   

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 11:07:17 AM »

Lover All Alone  ~sigh~!  When I heard this song, that is when I KNEW Clay had “it”.  “It” meaning....the ability to create and release a killer  CD.  My favourite Clay Aiken CD is going to be a full representation of the man himself.  I want to hear what is inside of him (not someone else).  I don’t care if he is mad, sad, happy, lonely, in love, out of love or completely lost....I simply want to know what’s in his soul.  Combine that personal expression with that amazing voice (a’ la All is Well) , and my vote for the best will be cast.  And, if Lover All Alone is any indication....that coveted CD might come sooner than we think.  Keep the faith!

WOW, KIM.  JUST WOW.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
shadowgnome
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 04:41:36 PM »

Tough one...I vote for ATDW, because, even though I wish there had been more originals, it's a bit more my style of music than the others. I tend to like older-sounding stuff (which is odd, because I'm one of the youngest ages of people who are still old enough to know of and like Clay...I'm 13). But I also l.o.v.e. All is Well.  Smile
Claygirl
SuperFan

Always have faith, and there will be a way.

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2007, 02:43:59 AM »

This was REALLY hard because I LOVE all of Clay's Cd's and every single song I've ever heard him sing, but I voted for Look What Love has Done, because I'd wanted to hear his demos since AI2, and finally found a copy of his demo CD on ebay a couple years ago, and I just cherish it, because the first time I sat down and listened to it, I found it very moving, and I liked hearing Clay's favorite songs, ones he choose to sing before he became a celebrity and had anyone picking songs for him or with him, and that they were mostly country and Christian songs shows us more of who he is, and I guess that's why I love it so much. But I couldn't bear to be without any of his Cd's. ~Kelly~  gish

Angel Baby Dust ~Kelly~ Baby Dust
Love! I love Clay Aiken! Music heartbeat claymaniacs rocks
Hearing Clay's voice, quiets the ones in my head. Wink
(Clay's biggest fan and David Cook "Word Nerd" #2894!) :heartburst
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 06:40:33 AM »

I admit, I didn't vote....I COULDN'T!!!!!!!!  I love them all for what they are.....really.  I LOVE the demo.  There are SO many songs on there that I wish Clay could record, because he sounds wonderful!!!  I think "I Will Be Here" is my fav.  OMG, was there a better song ever written and a better voice to deliver it???

I think I wore out BOTW/This is the Night in the first month I had it.   ROFLMAO  I used it as my walking tape getting back into shape.  Clay has NO idea of all the impact he has made.   Wink

MOAM.....although when first listening to it....it was so different for Clay.  But each song grew on me....and it is now a sentimental favorite.  What a great accomplishment for Clay!!!   Clapping Clapping Clapping

The Christmas CDs couldn't be better....and I am still listening to them in my car.   Paranoid  I'm hoping no one hears as I blast the music on my way to work.   Wink  How could ANYONE get enough of All Is Well, Emmauel, DSIAFCD, and more????

And ATDW.....my favs change every day.  I just LOVE listening to the vox, no matter WHAT comes out.   Wink

So I remain neutral.  I love them all.   
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
aiken4clay309
Claynewbie

The tearing apart could be problematic!

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 12:52:23 PM »

wow was this one difficult! I voted for Measure of a man but man it was a HARD decision!! I just love all of his albums but measure of a man was mostly originals!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx