gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:23:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 338
Total: 338

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Survivor - Fiji  (Read 5514 times)
Mary
Claymaniac

« on: January 18, 2007, 10:24:57 AM »

The 14th season of Survivor starts Feb. 8th! The cast has been announced and the official website is up and running since last Friday. Things happened while I was not paying attention.

The Early Show introduced the cast and the official site has the bios and preshow interviews. The cast is a diverse one again with 19 people. It seems like #20 dropped out at the last minute and they didn't have an alternate like they did in the past.

This year I don't have a favorite but I do have a few that I don't want to win.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor14/

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/earlyshow/series/survivor/main500180.shtml
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 04:28:06 PM »

If you want to get a head start on Survivor the TV Guide channel will air a preview this Sunday the 28th at 8:00 pm EST.

I hope to see everyone form last season because you all made it so much fun.
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 04:33:31 PM »

If you want to get a head start on Survivor the TV Guide channel will air a preview this Sunday the 28th at 8:00 pm EST.

I hope to see everyone form last season because you all made it so much fun.

Mary
I checked that link out the other day.  I cant wait!  Thanks!

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 09:13:39 AM »

wave Tammy!

I have more Survivor news from past seasons. Rob and Amber will be on The Amazing Race All Stars starting on Feb. 11th. I love that show so I'll be watching.

Colby Donaldson from Survivor Australia will be on Rachael Rae tomorrow. I think. I was cleaning up the kitchen when I heard "Colby form Survivor" on the TV in the family room. I so wanted him to win.

I still have no favorite to root for this season. I usually find a few to root for before the season begins.

I liked Ethan because he played soccer and my boys played soccer. Now isn't that a great way to pick a favorite? I liked Tom Westerman because he was older and from NY and I live in NJ. I liked Rupert because he was Rupert.

Looking forward to another fun filled season of friendships and backstabbing.
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 09:32:18 AM »

It starts tonight!

Exile Island is back with a clue buried there. The hidden immunity idols will be buried on the beaches not on EI. 2 Hidden idols this year and Jeff Probst said that they will be used.
Tessie
Claymaniac

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 10:41:57 AM »

Mary....knew you would be here.  I almost forgot about Survivor starting.  I missed the first 8 minutes, but caught the rest.

I like the beginning.  I do not like the fact that one tribe is left without fire simply because I know that they need water.  I am sure that I would not like to be left on Exile Island with snakes.

What is your feeling...if any...about how the tribes were divided?  Do you think she knew people well enough to divide fairly?  Did she make one tribe stronger than the other?

The first person to be eliminated always leaves me a bit sad for someone who wanted to play the game, but didn't really get a chance.  I liked that many in the tribe got votes.  I would prefer to see alliances form more slowly than they usually do.
ILClaymate
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 12:05:00 PM »

wave Hey Survivor-mates!

Carol ~ I agree with you about the fire.  I was hoping after tribal council they would have been able to keep their torches.  I wondered also about her (Sylvia?) dividing the teams.  She seemed pretty confident about dividing them so maybe it was more of a random pick.  Since she seemed to be fairly busy with the shelter construction she may not have had alot of opportunity to see who was chatting with who. 

Mary ~ thanks for all the reality news!  I do like Rob and Amber and I saw on the AR commercial they would be on again.  I'm sure some people don't think that is fair though.  I've been watching their reality show too on the Reality Channel (Rob and Amber:Against the Odds).  I didn't know there would be 2 hidden idols either which is good to know.  When I heard her clue last night, I thought she wouldn't even be going back to that original beach to get the chance to look.  Did you see Colby on Rachel Rae?  I really liked him...what a cutie!

wave Hey Tammy and anyone else watching!  What did you all think?
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 12:09:05 PM »

My son's last home basketball game of the season was last night, so I am like Carol.  I missed a little of the show.

Why do you think it was Jessica that was voted off???

When Sylvia was picking teams, I kept thinking--"which one would she most like to be on??" Laughing

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
ILClaymate
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 09:44:34 PM »

bump

Wow, I had to revive this thread from page 2!  Are you guys still watching?

I just watched this weeks episode on tape so I'm caught up.  I was glad to see Sylvia go.  She did seem kinda bossy and snotty.  That tribe does need to win a challenge though just to boost their spirits I think and to get them motivated again.  From watching the previews, I'm not sure if Papa Smurf will be able to continue on or not.  It sounds like its a broken rib and that can be extremely painful. 
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 01:17:56 PM »

I'm still watching but haven't been feeling great to say the least but now I'm back to normal.

I liked how Yao-Man looked in Sylvia's bag the first time that she returned from EI to see if she had the idol. I hope he lasts a long time. He really is helping his tribe and seems to know how to get along with everyone and stay under the radar.

A highlight of the second episode was Boo injuring himself over and over. I felt a lot of compasion for him but when the hammock gave way and he came crashing down I had to laugh!

Sylvia deserved to be voted out not only because of her poor performance at the reward challenge but because she reminded the tribe about it shortly before TC. Anthony should have been a bigger target with his pathetic attempt at eating pig snouts while Gary ate the up. Anthony couldn't even get down the first small bite. I'm glad that they finally made fire and got their flint.

I sure would like to see this tribe win and get to live on the luxury beach. I don't know if they are planing to switch beaches.

Anyone remember Ethan from Africa and Jenna from Amazon? They will appear on Dinner Impossible this week. They will be hosting a dinner party for 20 guests on a deserted island and Chef Robert has to prepare a great meal. There is always something that makes it very challenging for him to do it. The show repeats several times on the food network.
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 08:15:49 PM »

Last weeks show was interesting. I am finally learning everyones name.

In the beginning Anthony almost brought a tear to my eye when he was talking about being picked on and lack of selfconfidence.

Rocky's temper tantrums are getting on my last nerve. Can't say that I like him very much.

Michelle is doing good in the challenges. I like her.

We finally got to see a bit of the Moto tribe. I like Boo, Edgardo and particularly Alex. I was sorry to see Gary leave the game. I remember reading that he loved Survivor. Liliana was great at the challenges but made a serious mistake working the men in front of Lisi. Cassandra seems sweet and I happy to see her still in the game. I don't like Dreamz very much and can't pinpoint why. I'm pretty neutral about Stacy and dislike Lisi and have since the first episode.
This tribe wins everything. I wonder how loosing two members will effect them.

The twist in the bottle was a good one for me. Jeff Probst has said for years that he wanted the Survivors to have more a say in determining their fate in the game. I would have wanted to keep the luxury accommodations and all the food. I was sorry that Liliana got voted out. Lisi and Stacy sure pulled a power play with Alex, Boo and Edgardo. Alex was not happy at all. I think that those men will be looking for two others to replace them in a 5 person alliance.
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 03:17:52 PM »

Is anyone else watching? I like Elgardo and Alex and dislike Lisi and Stacy the most this week.

It looks like a tribal switch is coming next week. Who will get to live on the good beach?

Next week it's a Wednesday episode.
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 08:01:47 AM »

Just a reminder that Survivor is on tonight...Wed. instead of Thursday!
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 12:45:44 PM »

Rocky and Lisi voted off the island in the past few weeks. Yea!

I can't believe that Yau-Man found one of the hidden idols. I'm happy he made it this far into the game.

Lisi was stupid to give the clues away but then she has been mentally out of the game for awhile now. Annoying!
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 12:37:39 AM »

I really liked the merge episode last week with all the twists and turns. It was fun to watch them all go to Exile Island thinking that it would be their new home. Then it was great to watch them all look forward to going to Moto only to find everything gone!

Poor Mookie (not) never got to live in luxury. I have to say that I haven't liked him at all for many weeks now. He opens his big mouth and tells Dreams about the idol after he, Alex and Ed decided not to tell him. Jerk. Now Dreamz knows where he stands within that group.

Yau-Man did great in the challenge getting the bags from the coil and then again working on the puzzle. Yeoman, Earl and Cassandra are my current favorites now. I was thrilled to see them win the reward. It is always interesting to watch when the Survivors have to go to Tribal without getting to talk about strategy but was sad to see Michelle voted out instead of Stacy. I haven't liked Stacy since she and Lisi wouldn't show Dreamz how to make the coffee many weeks ago.

Moving on to this week, the RC started to show the pecking order in the new tribe. It was interesting that Cassandra got all the questions right and won. I liked the way she picked Dreamz and Boo to see how they would stand with her alliance and the Yao-Man because of all his hard work. I was glad that she sent Mookie to exile and he was furious vowing to get her.

Dreamz wasn't trusted in his alliance with Ed, Alex and Mookie and this week he isn't fully trusted in the Yau-Man group. He spilled everything that he knew and they don't know if he is telling the truth.

Yau won the first individual IC! It surprised me because it was physical but Yao is a smart man.
So many names came up for elimination it made my head spin but Mookie took his time and then got his group to target Cassandra. I have to give credit to Stacy for suggesting that Ed get the votes. The HII was played by Alex and wasn't needed. Brilliant! Didn't you love it when Cassandra's name came up three times and Mookie, Alex and Ed thought everything was going their way only to see the shock on their faces when Ed's name came up time after time.

The previews for next week show Alex and Mookie finding Yau's HII in his personal belongings. Now I really can't stand either one of them!
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 12:43:52 PM »

wave Hi Mary! wave

I'm liking Yau-Man more and more.  I am liking Mookie less and less.  Deamz is lighting the fire on both ends of his match.  I wonder if he will get burnt.  Laughing

Earl's stock has been going up in my book, too. Wink

Clay "is" the "News"
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 10:03:37 PM »

Deanna, I'm glad that someone else is watching!  I was going to let this therad die a slow death but Survivor finally got interesting.

Every summer I go through Survivor withdrawals but Mark Brunett has a fix with a new show called Pirate Master and all I can think about is Rupert! Argh!

Here is a link for a preview:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/pirate_master/
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2007, 11:53:21 PM »

I have to give credit to Stacy again and boy do I hate to do it! Right after TC she went to Dreamz and told him that they were afraid that the others were giving him misinformation and then she told  everyone else and they backed her up. Then Stacy turned around and said that  they (everyone else) were lucky if they fed Mookie and Alex and I remembered why I dislike her so much.

Dreamz tried to smooth everything over with Alex and Mookie. It didn't work but it did tell me that he is looking forward to being in the final 2. That kind of thinking is not to be dismissed. He is so flexible that he will go with the power players of the moment.

Next we have another recycled challenge of catching balls in a basket only this time it is played in the mud. Did you see Cassandra put a strangle hold on Earl? I didn't' know she had it in her!I hope that she makes it into the final 4. Then Boo get a big Boo Boo. Did you hear that knee snap into place. Painful.

Usually in an island setting there are a lot of water challenges... but not this season. I wonder why. Maybe because Ozzy was so great last season?

I remember Deramz saying in the second episode that Boo was going to hurt himself out of the game when we saw him with a leg, arm and eye injury! Then Boo is in a hammock when it collapses and he ends up falling. Boo sat up right away and said that it had to happen to me! At that point I couldn't help but laughing. I still wonder if Boo is going to hurt himself out of the game!

Mookie goes through Yau-Man's personal belongings and finds the HII while Alex is the lookout.This reminded me of of everyone looking through Kel's bag in Australia.

Yau was very calm under pressure but I worry about him in the future, heck I've worried about him since the first episode!

Mookie and Alex had valuable information and they blackmailed Yau with it instead of working others in his alliance. At this point they might have won them over.

I hated the IC because the Survivors just sat on the mat. Yes, it was a mental challenge but it left me cold especially when Stacy won.

Into the 14th season of Survivor when Alex said that he was going to make his vote count didn't you all know that he was going to stab Mookie in the back. Alright, it didn't break my heart but Alex is far more dangerous than Mookie would ever be.

I'm hoping that Alex gets voted out next week but I could see him making the F4.

Now we have 7 Survivors and only 3 episodes left. I wonder if there will double eliminations.
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 02:13:24 AM »

Well, I ended up being disappointed with Dreamz, and feeling sorry for Yau-man.  I wish Yau-man had won.

I like Earl and it was interesting to see that his vote was unanimous.  But I think he should share some of the money with Yau. Laughing

Clay "is" the "News"
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 12:45:29 PM »

Survivors are not allowed to share money. It's interesting that both Dreamz and Cassandra will both get the $100,000 second place prize.

I wish YauMan had won also but was happy with Earl winning.

Dreamz went wherever the wind blow to get himself further along in the game all season so I was not surprised to see him renege on his promise. If he did it in real life I would be more than annoyed.

Hope to see you next season when Survivor takes off to China!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx