gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:32:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 350
Total: 350

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 26  (Read 3477 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: December 26, 2006, 05:34:34 AM »

A Clay Aiken Christmas Special
December 25, 2006   
Clay Aiken is making it home for the holidays.   
Clay Aiken celebrates Christmas with a cross-country tour, his TV special and in his new home.

CLAY AIKEN's new 9,000-square foot home in Raleigh, NC, won't be standing empty this Christmas. The platinum-selling recording star took great pains to make sure that this year's Christmas tour finished up in time for him to get home to spend the holiday with his mother, FAYE, family and friends.

Before he headed out on the road, Clay began decorating his Christmas tree with ornaments sent to him from his fans.

"This one is from JENA and JUDY in Ohio [and says], 'Merry Christmas with love,'" the recording star tells ET.

Clay began touring at the beginning of December, singing songs from his Merry Christmas With Love CD, but the last two stops on his agenda were in his home state of North Carolina, making sure that even if it was a snowy year, he would be able to make it back to the home he just moved into.

Adding to the festivities for the former "American Idol" contestant was the re-airing of "A Clay Aiken Christmas," originally shot in 2004 and now available on DVD. Joining Clay on the holiday special, originally broadcast on NBC, were Grammy Award winner BARRY MANILOW, "Will & Grace" star MEGAN MULLALLY and gospel singer YOLANDA ADAMS.

"I met Barry for the very first time with the special," Clay commented back in 2004. "He was in the rehearsal studio playing 'Because It's Christmas' that we performed together. He and Yolanda Adams were standing there singing, and I had to step back. I said, 'You guys sing it once because I can't just jump in and sing with Barry and Yolanda, two of the greatest performers, right away. It was breathtaking to be in the room and rehearsing with them."

The special includes several songs from the platinum-selling Merry Christmas With Love, which includes a mix of modern and classic holiday songs, from "Mary, Did You Know?" to "The Christmas Song" to "Joy to the World."

"We asked our guests to sing songs that were important to them," Clay explained. "I am not about trying to make anyone feel uncomfortable."

Additional songs on "A Clay Aiken Christmas" include "Christmas Waltz," "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and "O Holy Night."

"I believe Christmas is one of those holidays that is understood to be religious," Clay said. "For the TV special, we sang songs that were classically Christmas. Yolanda sang 'O Holy Night,' which one would agree is a Christmas song regardless of what your religion is. For me, I decided to perform 'Mary, Did You Know?' I believe those are the only two religious songs on the special. To me it is important to maintain my belief system no matter what I am doing, but it is also important that I don't ostracize any person's belief or religion."

When it comes to childhood memories of Christmas on TV, Clay's thoughts go to the claymation "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," but he is also a fan of the warm, cozy Christmas specials, such as those done by ANDY WILLIAMS. So, he wanted to capture that feeling for his own show, but give it a little more edge.

"The cameras are pulled out and you see how the show is being made," he explains. "At the same time you get a look backstage, a little behind-the-scenes action going on, but inside the set itself, it is very classically Christmas. It is about the music, the holiday season by the fire, mistletoe hung and that kind of thing." 

ETONLINE

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 05:36:48 AM »

Don't forget Clay's appearance on Days of Our Lives today!  Purple Banana

Here is our thread:
CLAY DAYS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 05:38:08 AM »

From the Broads:

BABY, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 05:49:57 AM »

They weren’t our ‘Idols’ but they’re doing fine
By ERIKA RAY BLADE STAFF WRITER

A contestant doesn’t necessarily have to be the next American Idol to become a singing sensation.

Plenty of contestants who came in second or third — or even seventh — in their respective seasons on Fox’s hit show American Idol are doing just fine, thanks to their newfound fame.(snip)

Classic love songs get a modern twist with Clay Aiken’s sophomore effort, “A Thousand Different Ways,” and the soundtrack to the big-screen version of the Broadway hit, Dreamgirls, features songs by former Idol Season 3 contestant Jennifer Hudson.

Aiken — arguably the show’s most famous runner-up — came in second to Studdard in Season 2, and Hudson left Season 3 well behind Barrino in seventh place.

Fans apparently ignored the fact that Aiken didn’t win because his first single went platinum, and he’s sold millions of copies of his albums.
TOLEDOBLADE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 05:52:56 AM »

Top 10 TV: Glued to the tube by cowboys, terrorists, singers and drones
By Tom Jicha
(snip)

4. American Idol: The nation's water-cooler show presents entertainment for the entire family, produces spectacular ratings and keeps uncovering great talent, a potent Triple Crown. Kelly Clarkson is a dependable hit-maker. Carrie Underwood is cleaning up everywhere the music industry hands out prizes. Lifetime's Fantasia telebiography was one of its biggest movies ever and she has used that as a platform to relaunch her singing career. The future appears bright for Taylor Hicks. There's even talk that Ruben Studdard is on the verge of finally getting it together. Then there are the also-rans. Oscar talk is rampant for Jennifer Hudson's performance in Dreamgirls (she beat out Fantasia for the role) and Clay Aiken still might be the biggest draw of them all. Even bombing like William Hung can be a career-maker.
SUN-SENTINEL

Clay "is" the "News"
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 05:57:38 AM »

HELLO DEANNA & ANN READERS  wave.
HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED THE HOLIDAYS--I AM STILL STUFFED FROM ALL THE FOOD.

DEANNA THANKS FOR ALL THE NEWS.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS EVERYONE,
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 06:31:48 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

HOPE YOUR HOLIDAY WAS WHAT YOU WISHED IT WOULD BE.  I AM STILL STUFFED BUT SOMEHOW I AM FEELING HUNGRY.

THANKS FOR THE NEWS AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE CLAY TODAY ON "DOOL" Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud!

WILL CHECK BACK LATER AS I DON'T GO BACK TO WORK UNTIL TOMORROW.

HUGS
RAINEY
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 06:48:26 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

HOPE YOUR HOLIDAY WAS WHAT YOU WISHED IT WOULD BE.  I AM STILL STUFFED BUT SOMEHOW I AM FEELING HUNGRY.

Rainey - aren't you always hungry for Clay?  Smile

TV HIGHLIGHTS

“Days of Our Lives,” noon, NBC. Stephen Nichols (Patch Johnson) hangs out with guest star Clay Aiken on the set. Aiken appears on the soap opera today.

KansasCity.com (cutie pic at the link)

From DonnaAllCity at the CH:

New York Vue (Print edition)

The New York Vue" TV book that comes with the NY Daily News has Clay's DOOL appearance featured as one of the weeks highlights. Nice size picture of Clay with Stephen and the blurb says:

Clay Aiken sings "Everything I Have" (from his new CD and "O, Holy Night" in this holiday episode, when guest-starring as himself, he gives a private concert at Salem's Dune club for Patch and Kayla.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 06:54:33 AM »

SAM LUPTAK: At Christmas, there's a big difference between a carol and a song

In the past 25 years, only two songs have made this leap from Christmas song to Christmas Carol. In some strange way, they seem to paint a complete picture of the spirit of the Christmas season. Together, these two songs seem to capture the total spirit of how I believe Christ would have us celebrate his birthday.

The first, "Mary, Did You Know?" Mark Lowry's haunting series of questions to the mother of Jesus, has become a classic in every way. It has been recorded nearly 100 times by everyone from Clay Aiken to Kenny Rogers. It is a Christmas staple in churches across the country, and it resonates with believer and nonChristians alike for its Christ-centered Christmas content. It is a modern Christmas carol.

At the other end of the spectrum we find our second modern classic carol. "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" joins the list of other fun carols, songs like "Frosty" "Jingle Bell Rock" and "Rudolph." "Grandma" has been sung by everyone from school choruses, to John Denver and the Muppets. In recent years, it has even received the parody treatment. No Christmas song has become more of a classic in recent years than this one.

PA Newcastle News

I suppose we should grateful Clay chose MDYK and not the reindeer song. Smile 

From moonhead at the CH, spin count for Clay's Christmas music:

The 7 day period ending 12/24/06 saw 2117 spins for Clay's Christmas songs, an increase of 147 spins from the 7 day period ending 12/23/06. On the Mainstream AC Chart, HYAMLC is #73 with 36 spins, JTTW is #111 with 23 spins, DSIAFCD is #131 with 18 spins, and SN is #145 with 15 spins. On the Mainstream AC Chart recurrent rankings, MDYK is #5 with 608 spins, OHN is #20 with 251 spins, WW is #35 with 134 spins, MCWL is #58 with 77 spins, HTHAS/OCAYF is #70 with 55 spins, and SR is #76 with 47 spins. On the Hot AC Chart, WW is #153 with 13 spins, HYAMLC is #167 with 11 spins, TCS is #227 with 5 spins, SN is #248 with 4 spins, and MCWL is #252 with 4 spins, . On the Hot AC Chart recurrent rankings, MDYK is #108 with 44 spins and OHN is #139 with 21 spins.

Don't forget the next single is "A Thousand Days," and will be released to radio on January 15.

ILClaymate
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 07:45:44 AM »

Don't forget the next single is "A Thousand Days," and will be released to radio on January 15.

Pamela ~ did you say.... radio?  blink  What's that?    Let's hope it happens!  Fingers Crossed  It would be a great kick-off to start the ATDW tour!

Hey look...Raleigh's famous! 

PAWPARAZZI
Newsday.com
BY CARYN EVE MURRAY

<snip>
Accessories included So, move over, Paris Hilton and Tinkerbell. Lindsay Lohan, take your dog Chloe for a long walk. Clay Aiken and Raleigh, find a backseat in that stretch limo - all the way back, in fact.

TOPIX.NET

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 08:12:51 AM »

PAMELA - GEE AFTER THREE YEARS YOU SURE ARE GETTING TO KNOW ME PRETTY WELL.  MY APPETITE FOR CLAY HAS ONLY INCREASED. bigsmile

WELL LUCKILY HERE IN CT. THEY HAVE BEEN PLAYING CLAY'S CHRISTMAS MUSIC NON-STOP.  I MAY HAVE TO CALL THEM AFTER JANUARY 15TH AND REMIND THEM WHO CLAY AIKEN IS.

CLANDY - KEEPING OUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR SURE WITH "A THOUSAND DIFFERENT WAYS" TO GET THAT RADIO PLAY. Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed Fingers Crossed

HUGS
RAINEY
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 08:43:50 AM »

Good morning, morning crew - it is still morning, isn't it?  Paranoid

Don't have to be to work until tomorrow so off to see what kind of bargains I can find today!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2006, 08:56:31 AM »

LORI - GOOD LUCK WITH THOSE BARGAINS. 

PAMELA - I WAS WONDERING IF HE IS OFFICIALLY MAKING ATDW HIS SINGLE MAYBE HE WILL HAVE TO PROMOTE THAT AND DO SOME APPEARANCES.   YEP MY MIND IS ALWAYS WORKING WHEN IT COMES TO CLAY.

BACK TO CLEANING.

HUGS
RAINEY

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2006, 09:20:46 AM »

wave Hi News Gang!! wave

I'll say one thing about the holidays--I have gotten behind here on the board. sigh
I have been trying to read and catch up today. Laughing

Has anyone seen this?

MUSIC DOWNLOADS AT THE AMERICAN IDOL SITE

Clay "is" the "News"
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2006, 09:43:30 AM »

Thanks for the news Deanna.

Lolita

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 02:24:14 PM »

wave Hi News Gang!! wave

I'll say one thing about the holidays--I have gotten behind here on the board. sigh
I have been trying to read and catch up today. Laughing

Has anyone seen this?

MUSIC DOWNLOADS AT THE AMERICAN IDOL SITE

WOW DEANNA - LOOKS LIKE CLAY SCORED BIG ON THAT ONE.
pattymarie
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 09:19:10 PM »

Deleted disallowed content.  -Pamela
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx