gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:54:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 274
Total: 274

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DECEMBER 19  (Read 2835 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: December 19, 2006, 01:54:10 AM »

Idol thoughts

We're achin' for Clay. You know, the singer who gives you the most bangs for the buck (at least with his latest 'do).

Say what you will about him, the Carolina crooner beat the odds, shrugged off the tabloid gossip and marches on, triumphant in his own Clay-pride parade.

And he has an army of enraptured Claymates thrilling to his every over-emoted high note.

Guess you could say he's virtually Invincible.

Clay Aiken joins the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra for a holiday show, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, the Times-Union Center, 300 W. Water St. Tickets: $25 to $75. (904) 354-5547.
JACKSONVILLE

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 01:55:00 AM »

Clay blogged yesterday!

CLAYONLINE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 01:56:53 AM »

Don't You See What I See?
by Joan Price (2006/12/17)

As the holiday season rapidly approaches, to be followed closely by yet another year of American Idol, I remain a dedicated fan of
Clay Aiken. Now, I am also a great admirer of Carrie and Kelly and have even taken up the cry of the Soul Patrol in my admiration of Taylor Hicks. But there is something about Clay that pulls me in where no other Idol or Idol wannabe has yet been able to do. Something so basic and elementary that I am astonished that all others don’t feel the same way.

Don’t you see what I see? In spite of the transformation from pre-Idol “geek” to today’s Armani-clad stylish trendsetter, my image of Clay has very little to do with his physical being. I am not among my fellow fans who download and save countless pictures or who can’t wait to hear whether Clay appears sans glasses. The length of his hair and the size of his feet hold no interest to me beyond the fact that I acknowledge he is an attractive young man. What I see relates to the confident stride of someone who is comfortable in his own skin. Someone who radiates joy in sharing not only his vocal gift but whose countenance lights up when around a child or acting the clown in front of his fans. His attractiveness can’t be summed up in any analysis of eye color, physique or sex appeal because those things only scratch the surface of the “it” factor that I see either watching him in concerts, television clips or other appearances. His attractiveness is not the kind that is caught in perpetuity and frozen in the eye of a photograph, but rather the humanity that is reflected from and back to him in the presence of his fans.

Don’t you hear what I hear? Another source of amazement to me is that some people fail to hear what I hear when listening to Clay’s music. While I can somewhat understand the failure to see what I see in Clay and attribute some of that failure to the adage that there are none so blind as they who will not see, refusal to acknowledge the beauty and power of Clay’s voice remains a mystery to me. In an era where lyrics are either indecipherable or overly graphic or profane, it would seem enough that Clay’s diction and clarity would be enough for most people. And when you add to that, the purity of his vocals and the consistent near-perfect pitch delivery, it is mind boggling that there remain people who do not become fans based solely on Clay’s voice.

Don’t you know what I know? So, okay... there remain some who are not swayed either by Clay’s physical persona or his voice, but surely if they would only take the time to learn more about the man, there would no one on Earth who could discount Clay’s likeability if based only on his humanitarian efforts. It would not take an in-depth Google search to realize his involvement in the formation of the Bubel Aiken Foundation or educational and public service endeavors through UNICEF. Even a cursory reading of his book, Learning to Sing, should make even the most disinterested bystander aware that Clay Aiken is a man of substance whose life is a great example of taking life’s opportunities and building upon them for the betterment of those not so fortunate.

So, why is it that some people still fail to recognize Clay in the same light as I do?

Listen to what I say. We live in a world where a person’s appearance opens many doors. The people we admire most are often those who are blessed with the kind of physical attractiveness that makes our children want to emulate them or leaves us lacking that we, too, aren’t blessed with their perfect hair, skin and figure. But Clay goes deeper than the surface. He makes the most of his physical attributes without becoming obsessive. He functions just as well in a photo-shoot where glamour is expected as one in which he appears in cutoffs and out of style rugby shirt tending to the needs of a child in Uganda or Banda Aceh. As for musical abilities, Clay’s voice has taken him from his chosen profession as an educator into that of a pop singer. While others may seem more divested in chart-topping sales and filled mega arenas, Clay is more at home spreading his message of hope through vocal performances where he can accomplish his goal of using his celebrity to make a difference. While those same others may at times put out a CD that garners more sales and favor of the critiques, Clay remains true to his own image of what entertainment used to be, should be and can be
once again. So watch, listen and learn... Clay may well outlast existing or future Idols and in the meantime, don’t be surprised if he brings us goodness and light.
BEAVERSONIDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 02:00:22 AM »

I once had a great interview with Clay Aiken, a giddy young man who laughs like a hyena hopped up on Pez. The most famous runner-up in Idol history kept talking about ditching fame and working with autistic children. Asked about the new album, he sighed: "We're still trying to figure things out." I'm willing to bet Aiken despises his sophomore effort, with its gauzy covers of such lame pop songs as Mr. Mister's Broken Wings and Richard Marx's Right Here Waiting. (After all, Claymates will buy anything by their boy, right?) The wishy-washy orchestration makes Manilow sound like Metallica. And with the exception of a curiously pleading Without You, the singer sounds bored throughout. Still, if Aiken is trying to sabotage his fame - and it sure sounds like he is - I find that strangely admirable. Good luck with the teaching thing, buddy.

6. Without You 3:34 Clay Aiken A Thousand ... $0.99 Claymates rejoice! For the first time, Aiken's pleading sounds genuine.

SPTIMES

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 02:03:09 AM »

From the Broads:

OPEN HOUSE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 02:04:47 AM »

It's Almost A Take That Christmas
Here's something we haven't seen in three years -- a Cliff Richard Christmas single that's actually a hit, chartwise. "21st Century Christmas", this week's #2 U.K. single, beats the #5 placing of Sir Cliff's December 2003 single, "Santa's List." Meanwhile, job well done on Cliff's face completely morphing into that of the beautiful Clay Aiken!

CHARTRIGGERBLOG

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 02:07:21 AM »

Clay Aiken Spices Up the Holidays 'Days of Our Lives'

BURBANK, Calif. - October 30, 2006 - Singing sensation Clay Aiken will guest star on NBC's hit daytime drama "Days of our Lives" on Friday, December 22 (1 p.m. on 21 WFMJ). Aiken will perform the song, "Everything I Have," from his new album and his version of "O, Holy Night " will also be featured on the show.

In this special holiday episode, Aiken gives a private concert at Salem's local club Dune for Patch (Stephen Nichols) and Kayla (Mary Beth Evans) after the couple offer to volunteer to help Aiken catch a ride to the airport when his car gets stranded.

Aiken's recent release, A Thousand Different Ways, offers fans 10 cover versions of love songs spanning the last three decades, as well as four brand-new songs including "Everything I Have." In 2003, Aiken's debut album Measure of a Man went triple platinum and his follow-up holiday release Merry Christmas with Love was the best-selling holiday album of 2004. He shot to stardom on the hit television series "American Idol" and continues to amaze audiences and his legions of devoted fans with his powerful voice.

WFMJ.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 02:12:09 AM »

POLLSTAR TOP 50

Last Week This Week Artist Power Index

23  33  Clay Aiken  .197 

POLLSTAR

Clay "is" the "News"
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 02:46:42 AM »

HELLO DEANNA & ANN READERS  morning lotsa coffee Cmas tree :tree2 merry xmas

THANKS FOR THE NEWS DEANNA.

HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY EVERYONE,
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 03:06:00 AM »

morning Angela!!  wave Hi News gang! wave

Have some  lotsa coffee with the News!

:tree2 Cmas tree :tree2 Cmas tree :tree2 Cmas tree :tree2

merry xmas

Clay "is" the "News"
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 04:10:38 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

OFF TO THE REAL WORLD BUT HAD TO STOP BY AND CHECK THE NEWS ON OUR HONEY.

LOVE THE ARTICLE FROM BEAVERSONIDOL.  WILL CHECK BACK LATER FOR UPDATES.

HUGS
RAINEY
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 04:12:30 AM »

Good morning Deanna , Lorraine, and Angela (and the rest of you when you get here!)

I love those Broads!!   lmao

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 05:51:24 AM »

well. GOOD MORNING ALL.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU IF i DON,T GET BACK HERE TIL AFTER THE5TH OF JANUARY. tIME IS JUST GOING CRAZY FOR ME RIGHT NOW.

M ISSING SOME cLAY BUT WILL CATCH UP EVENTUALLY.

merry xmas

Cmas tree

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 06:49:00 AM »

Good Morning everyone!!!!

Thanks for all the news and links.  Nice of Clay to blog, he knows us too well, had he not told us what was going on there would have been all sorts of speculation on what was going on in Detroit!!!!

Have a great day.

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 08:16:25 AM »

Good morning everyone. wave

Thanks for the news and links Deanna.

Lolita

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 04:11:30 PM »

NEEDED TO CHECK IN AGAIN IN CASE ANY MORE NEWS ABOUT OUR HONEY WAS POSTED.

HUGS
RAINEY
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx