gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 11:43:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 121
Total: 121

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cellcert: Clay at Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro NC  (Read 118692 times)
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #540 on: December 25, 2006, 07:18:14 AM »

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #541 on: December 25, 2006, 02:07:35 PM »

Oh my! 

Thank you Meesa! That was my view too. 

BTW, I intend to write a proper review, after the holiday hubbub has passed.  I'm sure you will all be waiting with baited breath!  rofl
ILClaymate
« Reply #542 on: December 25, 2006, 05:52:54 PM »

I'm sure you will all be waiting with baited breath!  rofl

I will!  wave  And I guess I missed that Allison spoke with Clay!  Gee Pamela, that was quite a view.  Thud!  I'm still not sure how you survived.  Was that when you dropped me on the floor?  rofl
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #543 on: December 26, 2006, 08:49:20 PM »

Finally!  This is long and boring, but I was compelled to write it down anyway.  You have been warned! Laughing

Charlotte.

If you read my earlier post, you know I was fortunate to have been gifted with a front row seat for this show late Saturday afternoon. Thanks again to Christmas angel Barb Weber for her generosity!

We were greeted to the show by...Durham! While walking from the parking lot to the theater, Mom and I heard a dog barking his head off.  I told her about the ever-vocal pup and sure enough, we looked over and there he was, being walked by someone near the bus, barking non stop. Laughing 

The Greensboro Symphony was small yet quite talented.  They played the Mannheim Steamroller arrangement of O Come Emmanuel (I think) and accompanied a sweet little girl with a nice voice singing The Hippopotamus Song. Then, the conductor announced they were going to do something special.  I leaned over to Barb and whispered, “sing along!” and the conductor pointed at me and said “that’s right! A sing along!” Yikes.  At the intermission I told Barb I was keeping my mouth shut during Clay’s segment – if the conductor heard that whisper then Clay would be able to hear anything I said.  Or moaned. That could really be dangerous, if you know what I mean.  Paranoid

During the sing along, I noticed the person right next to me had a really beautiful voice. She was singing the harmony line of White Christmas, and it was just lovely.  When the singing was done, I turned and told her so.  I thought then that she looked familiar. It took until intermission to figure out it was Alison Lawrence from JNT2 and Clay’s music teacher in school.  D’oh!  I was in a pre-fog, remember.

Clay enters from stage left and immediately launches into Christmas Waltz, then straight into The First Noel.  Then, he starts talking.  Soon after, he sees Alison and walks over and stands directly in front of me, introduces her, and then invites her to stand up and talk about what a smart aleck he was in school. Laughing

She literally stood up and took two steps and she was at the stage; that's how close it was. He crouched down so she could speak into the mic. 

See those pics up there?  Yeah.  I died, but quickly recovered. 

She tells about his smart alecky answers on a particular test in music theory class.  “What is a note?” Something you pass around in class.  “What is a measure?” An inch.  “What is a bar?” Somewhere to get a drink. “What is a key?” Something that unlocks a door. “What is a scale?” Something you weigh yourself on.   

So, a history of being a wise guy eh? And yeah, she really did make him clean the bathroom floor for it too.  With a toothbrush. I asked her later if that were really true, and she said "absolutely!" Laughing She said she still had the test, and I said “eBay gold!” along with half the audience.  Hee!

He then segued into Merry Christmas With Love, sharing that it was Alison that first introduced him to the song.  And, he sang much of it to her, so sweet.  Sweet for me too. 

This was when I attempted to call Clandy. When he headed back toward Alison (and me!), I dropped my phone on the floor. Well, he was standing right in front of me, singing so sweetly, I felt it would be rude to scrunch down and reach around under my seat looking for my freakin phone, so I just left it there! 

It lay there quite a while, so I have no idea what you heard or when it lost the signal Clandy! I'm sorry! But I was a little bit frozen.  Or mesmerized. 

From the very moment he first began addressing the audience, people were rowdy as all get out.  Yelling stuff out, screaming even.  One of the first things he said was that he felt like he was on the Jerry Springer show, and that this was “not a Jeff Foxworthy concert!”  Oh, I forgot to mention that after I introduced myself, I was asked by my neighbor if I was “one of those screamers…?”  I said no of course. I had the impression she was very relieved.  Laughing

Actually, she seemed quite annoyed on behalf of Clay at the screamers. Of course, he made the best of it, as always.  Even during the I-talian word of the day, people were saying the same stuff that had been said at previous shows.  Looks like they could have at least been original.    No, there was only the ubiquitous “Marry me Clay!” and “Git er done!”  Laughing  Needless to say, no one but his college professor even tried to guess the word of the day meaning, which is why he made the crack “…of course not – it’s Greensboro!”  Everyone groaned appropriately.  Then he said something like “well, I’m from here too!”  Not quite a “save” but he tried!

He was very funny, and my Mom thought he was just a hoot.  But really…it was kind of like a circus whenever he brought up the lights.  Claymates vying for his attention, not really caring how they got it.  I don’t think he minded too much, but it was a little annoying to me.  If there were any inexperienced Clay concertgoers there, let’s just say they may have been a little bit skeered. 

Along with Alison, his Mom was there, and sister Amy, and one of his professors from UNCC.  Gregory was also there!  He mentioned something about growing an inch, and somebody yelled out something smutty!  Yikes. 

During Sleigh Ride, the sound system kept emitting a loud popping sound. He expertly worked it into his performance, and even though I hate to admit it, it was hilarious. I’ll just let the clack speak for itself on that one.

But then, he asked for a fix or a new mic, because he had “Jesus songs coming up!” Hee!

But first, The Christmas Song and Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.  The arrangement for the latter was sort of slow and jazzy.  OMG…he sounded amazing.  You know, I mentioned I kept realizing my eyes were closed – several times.  This was one.  It was almost like I couldn’t handle seeing him and hearing him at the same time.  Good grief…that looks ridiculous in written form. Oh well. I'm a fangirl, what can I say.

The “Jesus songs” were amazing. Mary Did You Know was passionate, but flavored with a sweet sincerity that conveyed the meaning with no uncertainty.  He mentioned Brett in the intro to Grown Up Christmas List as usual, and it was just about as powerful an interpretation as I’ve heard him do.  He was feelin it.  Emmanuel was haunting and so very effective. 

Don’t Save It All blew my hair back a little bit.  Wow! Just before the last line, he put the mic back in the stand, moved deliberately to front center stage, and delivered the final line in his true, unamplified voice.  OMG….it was an unreal experience to hear just his voice, no mic, minimal orchestra, just him. “You gotta give love.”  It was in your face, but in a good way.  I would have given him anything right then.  blush

He nailed everything, but his voice seemed a bit tired, perhaps a residual effect of his ear infection.  Or maybe the 18 shows in 23 days he did while still going out in the cold night air to greet the fans after the show….

Speaking of which, my Mom decided she wanted to do the bus thing.  She loves to experience new things (love her!), so we went out to be included with the throngs.  We hung out for about an hour, saw Faye walk through the crowd, then Jaymes Foster drove through in an SUV.  They announced it would be another hour before Clay would greet the fans, and since we had an hour and a half drive and it was already 11 pm, we decided to depart.

Of course he came out like twenty minutes later.  sigh

It was an amazing evening.  I do love my pop concerts, but these small venue shows are so special.  I wouldn’t mind doing it all again, even from the balcony.  But I'd rather not wait until next Christmas.  Fingers Crossed
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #544 on: December 26, 2006, 09:08:50 PM »

PAMELA---I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS RECAP SINCE SATURDAY.  I LOVE THE WAY YOU WRITE.  AND ONCE I SAW THE PIX OF ALLISON, I JUST DIDN'T KNOW HOW YOU SURVIVED SYCH CLOSENESS FOR SO LONG.  AT R & K HE WAS THAT CLOSE FOR ABOUT 2 MINUTES AND I WAS FROZEN TO MY SEAT WITH MY BIG OLD MOUTH SEALED SHUT.

IT SOUNDS WONDERFUL AND I AM THRILLED CLAY GAVE YOU SUCH A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS GIFT.

WE CANNOT WAIT UNTIL NEXT CHRISTMAS.  IT WOULD BE TOO CRUEL.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #545 on: December 26, 2006, 09:37:39 PM »

Pamela wrote:
You know, I mentioned I kept realizing my eyes were closed – several times.  This was one.  It was almost like I couldn’t handle seeing him and hearing him at the same time.

Didn't Simon have a similar problem? Laughing

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #546 on: December 26, 2006, 10:42:34 PM »

Pamela wrote:
You know, I mentioned I kept realizing my eyes were closed – several times.  This was one.  It was almost like I couldn’t handle seeing him and hearing him at the same time.

Didn't Simon have a similar problem? Laughing

Simon "preferred" him with his eyes closed...but I on the other hand am just easily distracted.

Wink

WE CANNOT WAIT UNTIL NEXT CHRISTMAS.  IT WOULD BE TOO CRUEL.

Well, I heard he can be cruel you know. 
ILClaymate
« Reply #547 on: December 26, 2006, 10:47:55 PM »

This was when I attempted to call Clandy. When he headed back toward Alison (and me!), I dropped my phone on the floor. Well, he was standing right in front of me, singing so sweetly, I felt it would be rude to scrunch down and reach around under my seat looking for my freakin phone, so I just left it there! 

It lay there quite a while, so I have no idea what you heard or when it lost the signal Clandy! I'm sorry! But I was a little bit frozen.  Or mesmerized. 

Hey Pam...no apologies necessary!  I would have done the same thing in that situation I'm sure.  It was nice to just to hear his voice for that brief 30 seconds or so!!  rofl  Fangirly Pamela couldn't handle Mr. Aikenman singing right in front of her.  Love!  I'm so glad you got to experience that.  I only hope it will happen for each of us in our lifetimes atleast once (and we won't get spoiled by sitting in the front row either)!  Great review!!  Clapping  I felt like I was right there with ya (and wish I were!)
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #548 on: December 26, 2006, 10:52:38 PM »

I was cellcerting Philly and left the phone on in my purse. I realized it about 10 minutes later after I heard her laughing. (This was in Merrillville.) Don't feel so bad now do you, Pamelalmao

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #549 on: December 27, 2006, 03:25:29 AM »

Pamela, what a review!  And....what a lucky lady you were!  No one deserves it more.  We were all so happy for you when we heard.  I sure am glad you survived to tell about it.  Good Lawd, you were practically in his lap!   eek!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #550 on: December 27, 2006, 03:41:40 AM »

PAMELA - A REVIEW LIKE THAT ACTUALLY PUT ME IN THE AUDIENCE RIGHT NEXT TO YOU.  CANNOT WAIT FOR HIS TO TOUR NEXT YEAR AND HOPEFULLY I WILL MAKE IT TO NORTH CAROLINA AGAIN.  WONDERFUL REVIEW.

HUGS
RAINEY
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx