gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:40:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 18 & 19  (Read 6798 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: November 18, 2006, 04:54:08 AM »

Clay Aiken's Foundation Sends Out Call to Wrappers
Friday November 17, 11:28 am ET

RALEIGH, N.C., Nov. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Calling all Wrappers -- gift wrappers that is. The Bubel/Aiken Foundation (TBAF), co-founded by Clay Aiken for children with developmental disabilities, is asking for volunteers to help spread the word and raise funds this holiday season through their annual Wrapping for Inclusion event.

Wrapping for Inclusion is a nationwide awareness campaign where volunteers wrap gifts in exchange for donations at local merchants and malls across the country. Donations support TBAF's efforts to provide opportunities for inclusion for children of all abilities.

"We're looking for anyone no matter their level of 'present presentation' to help organize our Wrapping for Inclusion event in their area," said Kristy Barnes, President of TBAF. "This event helps raise funds that support our push to include children of all abilities in activities of school, community and recreation."

Since 2004, more than 1,200 volunteers have wrapped their hearts out in support of TBAF Let's All Play program -- a nationwide initiative to provide all children the opportunity to have fun together. Each year the event raises over $50,000. This year the Foundation hopes to raise record funds.

"It is so amazing what the efforts of this event afford the children and families we serve. It started as this grassroots campaign and grew into something that is making a huge difference. Every gift wrapped represents an opportunity for a child," said Barnes. "In fact, the Western DuPage Special Recreation Association applied for a grant and received one for its summer camp program because they found out about the Foundation at a wrapping location."

Volunteer roles for the event consist of a Volunteer Coordinator, State Coordinator, City Team Leader and Volunteer Wrappers. "We're looking for City Team Leaders to organize the event at their area mall or merchant location, or even school. This could be anyone interested in going out and finding a great location to set up a wrapping station and finding volunteers to staff it," said Barnes. "It's incredible what just a few people can accomplish; the difference they can make is astounding."

The Foundation makes it easier for volunteers with 'how to' guidance and even provides a Wrapping for Inclusion manual -- available at the Foundation website, www.bubelaiken.org -- to help organize event details. "It can be a relatively easy event to organize, that is usually not overly time consuming or demanding, but the results of having wrapping stations across the country would be tremendous," said Barnes. "It's a simple way to raise a voice and help make a real difference."

Information on how to join Wrapping for Inclusion is available on TBAF's website at www.bubelaiken.org where you can find all kinds of ways to get involved.

Can't wrap this year? Visit TBAF's website to find out where volunteers in your area are wrapping and support the effort and get your gifts wrapped at the same time!
BIZ.YAHOO

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 04:55:12 AM »

Dave Kent from Raleigh's Sunny 93.9 interviewed Kelly Ripa on his show Friday morning! There are a couple of cute Clay mentions - listen to the interview here!

Enjoy!

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 05:00:15 AM »

Hi, Scott!  Just back from LA & the funniest chance encounter.  Wed night walking from Hollywood on Highland to our hotel, we hit a little strip center market about 8:30 (during the W. coast broadcast of Dancing w/the Stars), when a car pulls up & Mario Lopez & his driver get out at the market.  We'd already heard he'd lost.  Obviously not watching his finals, (you could tell) he was so disappointed, & Art & I told him he was great & congratulated him.  He wanted to talk & asked us genuinely if we thought the best dancer won & if he'd done anything to offend viewers.  I explained I was a life coach & Art's a screenwriter & the industry people we knew thought his only crime was starting so strong & being the person to beat each week, since America loves the underdog.  He asked if we thought he ever came off cocky or too confident, & I told him my 87-yr-old Mother loved him & was already heartsick in FL, that his smile & humility related to all ages.  We talked about 5 minutes, he signed an autograph for my Mom, and we left predicting he'd be the Clay Aiken of Dancing, getting all sorts of offers.

I didn't really get into Dancing with the Stars until this year and was rooting for Emmitt even though I thought Mario was really good too. Interesting that you bring in the Clay Aiken reference beause I think this competition was a lot like the Ruben/Clay year on AI. Ruben has a wonderful voice but it was Clay's personality and the way he connected to the audience, coupled with his great voice, that got him to the finale. Mario's move were great, but Emmitt's personality added to his performance
ORLANDOSENTINELBLOGS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 05:03:48 AM »

One man's Journey
A close encounter with the classic rockers years ago at Tad Gormley Stadium was a trip
Friday, November 17, 2006 By Keith Spera Music writer

My wife called the office recently and asked what I was writing.

An appreciation of Journey, I said.

Silence.

"Of Journey?"

Yes, Journey. Perennially uncool, tragically unhip, born-and-raised-in-south-Detroit Journey. (snip)

And the songs endure. In 2003, Clay Aiken warbled "Open Arms" during an "American Idol" semi-final round. In 2004, the Boston Red Sox adopted "Don't Stop Believin' " as the theme for their improbable World Series comeback. The following season, "Believin' " rallied the Chicago White Sox.

NOLA

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 05:06:44 AM »

Weekend Picks

Lighting of the UNICEF Snowflake -- On Saturday, join Clay Aiken for the unveiling of the 16-foot Baccarat crystal UNICEF snowflake and the seasonal window displays at Tiffany & Co. Enjoy free cookies and cocoa while you admire the holiday bling.

MANHATTAN.ABOUT

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 05:10:51 AM »

Dancing With The Stars IS Definitely for the Light of Heart—Serious Students and Aficionados Need Not Apply
By Dianne Austin

Last night’s dance show had everyone turned on and tuned in.  We all knew who the better dancer was of the final two.  But as if to parody the biggest reality show fiasco of all time—the Ruben/Clay debacle on American Idol--we were struck dumb once again with  last night’s reveal, as the popular “big guy” took it over his obviously superior competitor and proved once again that reality often bites when it comes to determining true talent.

What’s up with this?  I mean, come on—not again!  Last season, Jerry Rice came in second over Stacy Kiebler and now Emmitt Smith takes the title over the likes of Mario Lopez?

Hey America—I know you love football, but this is ridiculous!  If I were Emmitt, I would actually be looking a little sheepish at this point.  But as he won the trophy, Emmitt’s white, toothy smile was glued on and he seemed extremely comfortable with his newfound title and stature.  Poor Mario and Karina looked like the wind had been knocked out of them.  Karina’s closing comments were priceless—something to the effect of “I believe Mario was the best man in this competition.”  That he was, and virtually robbed of what was truly his
ENTERTAINMENTWORLD

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 05:15:16 AM »

2006 American Music Awards NomineesMariah Carey, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Black Eyed Peas and Nickelback Lead with Three Nominations Each; Winners to Be Announced During Live Telecast November 21 on ABC7
(snip)
Presenters scheduled to appear include Nicole Richie, Tori Spelling, Ashlee Simpson, Paris Hilton, Gavin Rossdale, Nickelback, Katharine McPhee, Tommy Lee, Mario Lopez (Dancing with the Stars), Vanessa Williams (Ugly Betty), Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds, William Shatner (Boston Legal, Show Me the Money), Carmen Electra, Foo Fighter's Dave Grohl, Taylor Hicks, Clay Aiken, Grey's Anatomy stars Isaiah Washington and Justin Chambers, Taye Diggs (Day Break), Ryan Seacrest, Tony Hawk, Linkin Park, Chris Brown, Ice Cube, Chingy, Sean Paul, Tyrese, Frankie J, Brian McKnight, Hannah Montana's Billy Ray Cyrus and Miley Cyrus, Chamillionaire, JC Chasez, JoJo, Sarah Silverman, Weird Al Yankovic, Jesse McCartney, Cheetah Girls, Wendie Malick (Big Day), Kirk Franklin and cast members from High School Musical.

Read the rest to see the nominees:
ABCLOCAL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 05:16:49 AM »

Idol Chartwatch, November 17: Carrie’s CMA Win Propels Her Into Top Ten
by Donna Reynolds -- 11/17/2006

Last week, Carrie Underwood won two CMA awards, and as a result sales for her album, Some Hearts, skyrocketed. Unfortunately for Kellie Pickler, however, new releases pushed her album down the chart, and other Idols also dropped. Find out where your favorites ended up this week. (snip)

Clay’s A Thousand Different Ways dropped to #136 on the Billboard 200
FOXESONIDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 05:21:22 AM »

Daughtry Goes From "Idol" to Record Store

Chris Daughtry has been saying that getting kicked off Fox's hit reality show "American Idol" was the best thing that every happened to him.

With the success of the program's first winner Kelly Clarkson, Chris Daughtry's comment seems strange.(snip)

The success of the program hasn't died down since season one. Kelly Clarkson won out over the big-haired Justin Guarini. The two started in a movie, "From Justin To Kelly," and both put out albums. Whoever wins the show is guaranteed a record contract, but the runner-up has customarily been given one as well. While Clarkson's album catapulted her to pop fame, Guarini remained relatively unknown.

Season two's finale was a bit different. The R&B crooning Rubin Studdard beat out the shy and awkward Clay Aiken. Studdard hasn't done too much since claiming the title, but Clay Aiken is still out there, using his fame to support worthy causes and sell Christmas albums. In that respect, Clay Aiken is the Bono of "American Idol."

MIAMIPOETRYREVIEW

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 05:27:20 AM »

Clogging group prepares for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade
(snip)
“It’s nothing like you would expect it to be. There are a lot of cameras. All the celebrities are there,” Sarah said.

“Aaron Carter talked to us,” she added. “We saw Clay Aiken on rehearsal night at Harold Square.”

FREMONTNEB

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 05:28:35 AM »

Three things to remember

November 16, 2006
1. Say, all you Clay Aiken fans. If you haven't entered our contest to win two tickets to his pending Waukegan concert, time grows short. Send your 100-word essay for why you need the free tickets to iloveclay@scn1.com .

2. Fun film fest at the Antioch/Lake Villa Township Center on Sunday. Lots of great film shorts. Tickets are $5 for ages 6 and up; children 5 and younger are free. The place? 1625 N. Deep Lake Road, Lake Villa. Phone (847) 356-8527, ext. 213.

3. Cool Alert! Chris Brubeck, son of jazz legend Dave Brubeck, will perform with his group Triple Play at 8 p.m. Sunday at the College of Lake County in Grayslake. The boy can flat play. Tickets run $20-$30 for non-students. Call (847) 543-2300.
SCN

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2006, 05:32:23 AM »

Clay Aiken Speaks!
Clay talks about his Christmas tour and what he'll do when he returns to Raleigh for the holidays. Click to watch the entire interview.

ABC

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2006, 05:34:42 AM »

StarTracks
TRADING PLACES

Clay Aiken gets a taste of hosting duties (even getting his own personalized cue cards!) during a recent guest appearance on the Tyra Banks Show. The singer discussed his hair, his new album A Thousand Different Ways and met his biggest fan for a segment set to air Nov. 22.

See the photo of Clay and Tyra:
AOLPEOPLE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2006, 05:38:11 AM »

POLLSTAR TOP 50

Last Week This Week Artist Power Index

29  15  Clay Aiken  .329 

POLLSTAR

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2006, 05:40:07 AM »

This Week's Promosquad Top 20 Countdown

LW TW artist song
1 1 Clay Aiken Lover All Alone
2  2 Clay Aiken A Thousand Days
3  3 Clay Aiken Lonely No More

7  4 Justin Timberlake My Love
4  5 Clay Aiken Without You
6  6 Hinder Lips Of An Angel
5  7 Ace Young Scattered
14  8 Christina Aguilera Hurt
-  9 Evanescence Call Me When You're Sober
13  10 Justin Timberlake Sexy Back
16  11 Fergie Fergalicious
-  12 Nickelback Far Away
-  13 They Fray How To Save A Life
9  14 Clay Aiken If You Don't Know Me By Now

PROMOSQUAD

Clay "is" the "News"
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2006, 05:51:01 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

WOW I SO AGREE WITH DIANE AUSTIN.  THE BEST DANCER DID NOT WIN.  BUT THEN AGAIN LOOK AT OUR CLAY.  SO SECOND PLACE CAN BE BETTER.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND SURE HOPE THAT THERE ARE PICS OF CLAY LIGHTING THE UNICEF SNOWFLAKE.  GOD IF I WAS RICH I WOULD BE IN NEW YORK RIGHT NOW.

HUGS
RAINEY
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2006, 06:36:51 AM »

Jimmy Kimmel told Mario he was the Clay Aiken of ballroom dancing
Here’s the clip , thanks to gerwhisp

http://www.pax2.net/vivavoce/N1/061116_Kimmel_DWTS_mario2nd_gerwhisp.wmv
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2006, 06:37:22 AM »

For those of you who didn’t like the look,
SmartyPantsSuz at the CV did some editing to the UNCC picture

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/suz4omc/Misc%20Pics/AlumniPeople1.jpg
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2006, 06:38:03 AM »

Today, yellow journalism has a new meaning. If a columnist writes something mildly disparaging about certain individuals, fanboys are going to come out in droves, spewing insidious drivel littered with misspellings. For example, one of my fellow Oregon Daily Emerald employees - the lovely and infinitely sweet Karyn Campbell - wrote a piece two weeks ago about how she's going to dance to whatever type of music she wants when she goes out. The thing is, she said that Clay Aiken was
"stalkerish."

The "yellow" in our new definition of yellow journalism is the fear generated by the psychotic Clay Aiken fans who made death threats and accused Karyn of "hating on" Clay, which, when you think about it and look "hate on" up in a dictionary, is impossible. Another fan said that Clay's name was used solely to generate more "hits" on Internet search engines. Now, that's just insulting! There is no way that a columnist would do that BritneySpearsnaked just to generate some Web frenzy. Gah! It makes me so mad I can barely type! I just want to take those fucqiekl cke

Still, the death threats got me thinking: a) ridicule celebrities and die; b) deride another group that doesn't have a horde of militant followers; or c) write nice things. (I just want to take this time to be perfectly clear to you Aikenheads: I like Clay. I think he has an exquisite voice and is a good role model for children. He is definitely the most talented American to have never been named American Idol. Don't kill me.)

DAILYEMERALD
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2006, 06:38:58 AM »

Chris Daughtry has been saying that getting kicked off Fox's hit reality show "American Idol" was the best thing that every happened to him.
With the success of the program's first winner Kelly Clarkson, Chris Daughtry's comment seems strange.
But his album by his new band, simply called Daughtry, is set for release on Tuesday, November 21, so he might know something.
Daughtry was on "American Idol" this past year, when the season finale featured the older-looking, soulful Taylor Hicks against the young Katherine McPhee. Hicks ended up winning the entire competition and recording a song for a Ford commercial soon after.
The success of the program hasn't died down since season one. Kelly Clarkson won out over the big-haired Justin Guarini. The two started in a movie, "From Justin To Kelly," and both put out albums. Whoever wins the show is guaranteed a record contract, but the runner-up has customarily been given one as well. While Clarkson's album catapulted her to pop fame, Guarini remained relatively unknown.
Season two's finale was a bit different. The R&B crooning Rubin Studdard beat out the shy and awkward Clay Aiken. Studdard hasn't done too much since claiming the title, but Clay Aiken is still out there, using his fame to support worthy causes and sell Christmas albums. In that respect, Clay Aiken is the Bono of "American Idol."
Season three's winner was Fantasia Barrio. She starred in a made-for-tv movie about her own life (and how an "American Idol" producer told her to drop out of the competition because of her baby. "American Idol" denies these claims).
In season four, Carrie Underwood beat out Bo Bice, who seemed to always be breaking bones or getting sick. Underwood's face became plastered all over billboards, and she recently defeated an allegedly very shocked Faith Hill for "Female Artist of the Year" at the Country Music Awards. Bo Bice's album did very well last summer, but he isn't taking home accolades of equal value.
That brings us back to this past season, where Chris Daughtry was a heavy favorite. What the judges on "American Idol" have a tendency of asking for is artists to "make the song [their] own." Chris Daughtry wowed the judges -- Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell -- with his rendition of a Johnny Cash song. But, on a later episode, it was found out that the band Live had covered the song, and he admitted that his rendition was taken more from Live's version than Johnny Cash's.
That seemed to be Daughtry's first bump in the road, but for many viewers, it was the first indication that he should be fronting a band instead of traveling the road as a pop singer (the way the other American Idols have been pigeonholed).
You can be the judge of that on Tuesday.

http://www.miamipoetryreview.com/2006/11/chris-daughtry-album171106.html
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx