gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:12:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 103
Total: 103

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clay is UNC Charlotte Outstanding Young Alumnus 2006  (Read 7037 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: November 12, 2006, 11:13:25 AM »

As mentioned in Clay's blog last night this morning, he attended an event in Charlotte last night.

Clay was awarded the UNC Charlotte Outstanding Young Alumnus Award for 2006!

Outstanding Young Alumnus Award
The Outstanding Young Alumnus(na) Award was established in 1996 and honors an alum who has graduated within the last 10 years and who has shown exceptional service to the UNC Charlotte community and the Alumni Association. Career accomplishments and demonstrated involvement in the community and / or state also are considered.

Congratulations Clay!

Raleigh's Clay Aiken Honored At UNC-Charlotte
From Staff And Wire Reports
Tuesday, November 14, 2006

CHARLOTTE, NC -- The University of North Carolina at Charlotte honored Raleigh's Clay Aiken as one of its most outstanding alumni at a recent dinner and ceremony in Charlotte.

A Raleigh native, Aiken is known all across the world as a recording artist whose career was launched by the "American Idol" TV show on Fox. Aiken currently calls Raleigh home after moving back from California earlier this year.

The UNC Charlotte Alumni Association honored Aiken and four other alumni at the 2006 Alumni Awards Banquet on Saturday, November 11th at the new Harris Alumni Center in Charlotte.

Each year, the UNC Charlotte Alumni Association holds the ceremony to honor alumni, faculty, and friends who have reached great levels of achievement and have distinguished themselves through public and University service.

According to UNC-Charlotte, Clay Aiken is this year's recipient of the Outstanding Young Alumnus Award. Aiken graduated from UNC-Charlotte in 2003.

The Outstanding Young Alumnus Award was established in 1996 and honors an alum who has graduated within the last ten years and who has shown "exceptional service to the UNC Charlotte community and the UNC Alumni Association."

The university said in a press release that "people know Clay Aiken as the first runner-up from American Idol, but it is his dedication to children across the globe that sets him apart from others."

UNC-Charlotte said that Aiken had both a successful recording career and also has had a New York Times best-selling book as well.

The school also said that Aiken had done much charity work through his Bubel-Aiken foundation, which supports the integration of children with disabilities into the normal surroundings with other children at summer camps and other initiatives.

In addition, Aiken has served as an Ambassador to the Ronald McDonald House Charities, UNICEF National Ambassador of Education, and in September 2006, President George Bush appointed Clay to serve on the President's Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities.

UNC-Charlotte is part of the North Carolina University system and has 20,000 students and with over 900,000 square feet of new academic space. UNC-C says it has more than 70,000 living alumni and adds 4,000 to 4,500 new alumni each year.
Raleigh Chronicle
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 11:28:17 AM »

Congratulations Celebration Celebrate Congratulations

Clapping Clapping   Congratulations, Clay!!!  Clapping  Clapping

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
ILClaymate
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 11:41:55 AM »

Great job Clay and congrats!  You are very deserving and it couldn't have gone to a better guy! Clapping
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 11:42:19 AM »

Congratulations Cheer! Kiss!

I think they made a terrific choice!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Clay!!

How about offering a scholarship to my 16 year old son? Laughing Laughing I would love to move to North Carolina!!

Lora
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 12:01:27 PM »

Clapping Clapping Big Hug! Celebrate Celebration Congratulations Clapping Clapping

CONGRATULATIONS TO A VERY DESERVING PERSON.  SO LIKE YOU NOT TO MENTION WHY YOU WERE THERE.  I AM SURE YOU KNOW HOW PROUD OF YOU WE ALL ARE.   Huggles

LOVE,
GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 04:10:56 PM »

Congratulations Clay!!!!!!  That's wonderful you got that type of award. You deserve it for everything that you do.

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
Sararocks
Enthusiastic

Clay's_Rock

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 04:29:11 PM »

Congratulations Clay!!!!!!  That's wonderful you got that type of award. You deserve it for everything that you do.

Ditto Clay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 05:16:14 PM »

Congratulations, Clay!   Clapping  UNCC made the perfect choice.   Yes!  We're all so very proud of you! 

Congratulations Congratulations Congratulations

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 05:41:35 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY.  JUST ANOTHER THING TO MAKE US EVEN MORE PROUD OF OUR BOY.

HUGS
RAINEY

confetti2 confetti2 confetti2 confetti2 confetti2 confetti2 confetti2 confetti2 confetti2

LOVE YA CLAY
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 06:12:26 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY    Clapping   Clapping   Clapping    WE ARE SO VERY PROUD OF YOU

YOU SAID YOU WANTED TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND THIS IS JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF HOW YOU CONTINUE TO DO THAT DAY AFTER DAY

YOU SAY YOU DON'T KNOW WHY WE STAY --  WE STAY FOR THE MOST WONDERFUL VOICE IN THE WORLD, FOR THE MOST FANTASTIC ENTERTAINER WE HAVE EVER SEEN, AND FOR ALL THE WAYS THAT YOU MAKE US AND THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE

Congratulations                          Congratulations

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Boomer Aries
Clayamateur

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 08:36:03 PM »

Congratulations, Clay!!!  You're our inspiration and a great role model!!!
cpnina
Clayamateur

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 03:29:25 AM »

PERFECT CHOICE!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, Clay, you are MORE than deserving!!!!

love from    Penny in MD

Penny
hopelessly devoted to Clay
and hopes she never gets over it!!
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 03:41:07 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS

Way to go Clay

Stand Tall    Be Proud
Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 03:31:53 PM »

Clay- they could not have picked a more deserving person. You have taken the gift that God gave you and shared it with the world, and the benefits you reaped from this you used to help the children. What a wonderful compassionate, caring man you are.

THIS is the "magic" you wanted to bottle. It comes from within you, and reaches out to our hearts.

Congratulations!! and may you always receive the recognition you deserve, and may you continue to "Use Your Voice" in the way that you desire.

We are very very proud of you!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 04:55:45 PM »

Clay, this once again shows us one of the many reasons we stay for the man Clapping Clapping Clapping we are so proud of the difference you make in the world, and by the way we love your voice too Wink Clapping Clapping Clapping

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 07:23:13 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY !!

WE WILL ALWAYS LOVE AND SUPPORT YOU.

Congratulations Congratulations Congratulations Congratulations

Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate

HUGS,
LOLITA

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
Claygirl
SuperFan

Always have faith, and there will be a way.

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 12:27:09 AM »

Congradulations Clay! We are sooooooo proud of you!  Congratulations Celebrate Congratulations Celebrate Celebration confetti2 confetti2 wheee Big Hug!

Angel Baby Dust ~Kelly~ Baby Dust
Love! I love Clay Aiken! Music heartbeat claymaniacs rocks
Hearing Clay's voice, quiets the ones in my head. Wink
(Clay's biggest fan and David Cook "Word Nerd" #2894!) :heartburst
hotwaxonclay
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2006, 03:12:09 PM »

Congratulations

Yay for Clay and your wonderful heart! You never xease to amaze us Mr. Aiken! We will love and support your for a long time to come!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx