gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:49:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 156
Total: 156

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 11 & 12  (Read 5113 times)
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2006, 08:16:48 AM »

GOOD MORNING ALL  wave
THANKS FOR THE WEEKEND NEWS.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND

HUGS,
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2006, 10:07:25 AM »

Good Saturday morning Deanna and all ANN posters. wave

As it turns out, the original artists and songwriters seem complimentary of Aiken's renditions of their songs.

"A number of the song writers have been pleased with what we came up with," he said. "Diane Warren is usually quite picky about the way her songs are performed and she had only great things to say about 'Because You Loved Me' and 'When I See You Smile.' Richard Page [of Mr. Mister] was very complimentary of 'Broken Wings.' He actually said that he never really thought he would be able to appreciate a cover of one of his songs, but that he was impressed with what we did. Bryan Adams was complimentary as well."

I just love the above part of the article. bigsmile I knew they would love Clay's version of their songs. Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana

lolita

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 01:45:46 PM »

Good Saturday morning Deanna and all ANN posters. wave

As it turns out, the original artists and songwriters seem complimentary of Aiken's renditions of their songs.

"A number of the song writers have been pleased with what we came up with," he said. "Diane Warren is usually quite picky about the way her songs are performed and she had only great things to say about 'Because You Loved Me' and 'When I See You Smile.' Richard Page [of Mr. Mister] was very complimentary of 'Broken Wings.' He actually said that he never really thought he would be able to appreciate a cover of one of his songs, but that he was impressed with what we did. Bryan Adams was complimentary as well."

I just love the above part of the article. bigsmile I knew they would love Clay's version of their songs. Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana

lolita
SOME POSITIVE NEWS.  I JUST CANT GET ENOUGH OF CLAYS CD. Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud!
clayaikenfan
Claynewbie

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2006, 03:46:41 PM »

OMG!  I can't believe Clay actually talked to fans in the chat room on OFC site!   Now THAT would be an experience to remember!   Wish it would've been me....!   Thud!

I'm a 50 year old mom with total devotion to this young star...he makes me glow!
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 07:43:55 PM »

OMG!  I can't believe Clay actually talked to fans in the chat room on OFC site!   Now THAT would be an experience to remember!   Wish it would've been me....!   Thud!

OMG--THAT IS SO TERRIFIC--I AM SURE IT WON'T BE THE LAST TIME EITHER  bigsmile

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2006, 03:44:47 AM »

On Saturday night a hacker got into the OFC chat room under Clay's name.
Clay found out and responded with this blog

11/12/06 : Apology!
I really don't know what to say.
I have very little information about what may or may not have happened in the fansite chat room tonight.
I received an email from my mother this evening after returning from an event tonight at UNC Charlotte. It sort of outlined what happened on this site this evening.
I haven't actually seen the "transcript" yet, but I SINCERELY apologize to anyone who was upset, hurt, or offended by what was said.
I wish I had more information. Unfortunately, it's 3AM here in Raleigh and I have no way of addressing the issue tonight.
Rest assured that I will make sure that someone investigates fully to find out if there are any glitches in the security of the site.
For those of you who I chatted with on Friday night, it was nice to talk to you. Hopefully I can pop in and do it again sometime.
For those of you who were in the chat room tonight. I can assure you that it was not me.
I apologize again.
I can only hope that we can secure my screenname so I can continue to blog and chat on here more.
I'll let you know when I know something more.
(Please feel free to copy this blog to other message boards so that as many can see this as possible! ... go ahead... copy it... it will be our little secret! )

c

Current Mood: Confused

paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2006, 04:13:04 AM »

"The Megan Mullally Show" (10 a.m., Local 4). If only flamboyantly naughty Karen Walker from "Will & Grace" were hosting her own talk show!

But, no, it's perfectly amiable, bespectacled Megan Mullally, the actress who so hilariously portrayed the tipsy sitcom socialite, who's now trying out life in the daytime conversation lane. The show? So far, it's a pale imitation of Ellen DeGeneres' much breezier, enjoyable carnival of celebrities and light entertainment.

Mullally's smart, though sometimes she tries way too hard.

But when "American Idol"-launched crooner Clay Aiken (whose shrieking fans are, yes, Claymates) pays a visit, at least she has a little fun, suggesting that the singer's look has morphed from "nerd chic" to "hot rock god." Uh-huh.
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061112/ENT03/611120570/1038/ENT
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2006, 04:15:26 AM »

In the world according to YouTube, Vermont is a place where people take long aimless drives under cloudy skies, snowboard incessantly, leap off cliffs and bridges into rivers, follow Clay Aiken slavishly and find time for bizarre rituals like dancing to bongo drums in the woods while wearing pink wigs

Music plays a big role in Vermont YouTube videos. Somebody is evidently a Clay Aiken fan, judging from the numerous clips of the singer performing at the Champlain Valley Fair. Aiken even takes a turn at doing a fawning version of Barry Manilow's "Mandy."

Vermont isn't really the epicenter of the world's excitement, so driving on frozen lakes will have to do. Other than that, the YouTube tour of Vermont is often pretty quiet. Rainstorms on college campuses. Fog atop Camels Hump. A desolate looking street corner in Waitsfield with the inviting caption: "Not a whole lot happens here."

Except for the chickens, the train sirens, the ice capades, Clay Aiken and the eccentric men dancing in the woods
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061112/LIVING/611120322/1004/NEWS05
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2006, 05:55:01 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING EVERYONE.   WHAT A WAY TO START A DAY.  CLAY, CLAY AND MORE CLAY.  CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM THIS FRIDAY ON REGIS AND KELLY.

HAVE A GOOD ONE AND WILL CHECK BACK LATER.

HUGS
RAINEY
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2006, 11:03:36 AM »

Good morning Deanna and friends. wave

Thanks for the news Deanna.  wave

Can't wait for Friday. Purple Banana Purple Banana

lolita

says nice things behind
                                        your back.

ILClaymate
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2006, 11:19:21 AM »

Congrats to Clay for winning the Outstanding Young Alumnus Award last night at UNCC!!  Clapping

Posted by Tnmtmama @ CV:

I just wanted to comment on something in Clay's blog. The event he mentioned at UNCC was an alumni event. Clay received the Distinguished Young Alumni Award. UNCC appreciates their graduate!
--------------------------------------------------

Here is a link to the UNC Charlotte Alumni page. Looks like the actual title is Outstanding Young Alumnus award.

UNCC ALUMNI
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2006, 05:35:47 PM »

Congrats to Clay for winning the Outstanding Young Alumnus Award last night at UNCC!! 

Posted by Tnmtmama @ CV:

I just wanted to comment on something in Clay's blog. The event he mentioned at UNCC was an alumni event. Clay received the Distinguished Young Alumni Award. UNCC appreciates their graduate!
--------------------------------------------------

Here is a link to the UNC Charlotte Alumni page. Looks like the actual title is Outstanding Young Alumnus award.

UNCC ALUMNI

Congrats Clay!!!! You are deserve it.

Thanks Deanna.

Lolita

says nice things behind
                                        your back.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: