gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:54:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 370
Total: 370

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AMERICAN IDOL REWIND  (Read 40725 times)
clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2008, 12:24:14 PM »

I believe the young blond from Utah you are referring to is Carmen Rasmusen

\"When was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you as opposed to someone who needed help?\" -- Clay Aiken
The amazingly talented, sexy young man who is Clay Aiken!!!!!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2008, 04:09:59 PM »

Clayistheway,

Thanks!  Carmen!  And now I remember Josh Gracin is selected, too.

So,

Julia, Charles, Ruben, Kimberly L., Ricky, Vanessa, Corey and Josh
Then Kimberly C, selected by Simon;  Trenyse, selected by Paula;  Carmen, selected by Randy;  AND CLAY, selected by the audience as the WILD CARD!! Clapping

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2008, 08:08:14 PM »

AI Rewind this evening was the Wild Card Show.

I thought that Simon brought back Kimberly C., but it was Randy.  Simon chose Carmen.  Paula chose Trenyse.

The fact that the popular vote chose Clay should have been a wakeup call to the other contestants!!  Clay was on on his way to dominating the show.  I wish they had interviewed Ruben and got his reaction to Clay returning!!  Wink

Wild Card Show - "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me"

(Clickable)

Wildcard - 3/4/03 & 3/5/03  Competition: A new bio clip discussed Clay's return for the Wildcard. Clay came out with an amazing rendition of "Don't Let the Sun Go down on me.”  Results: The results show seemed to drag out forever as the judges' picks came before America's pick. The last pick finally came and once Ryan said "Clay Aiken," Clay hugged everybody, including all of the contestants, judges (even Simon!), and Ryan Seacrest. After regaining his composure, Clay sang "Don't Let the Sun Go down on me” again.

DON'T LET THE SUN GO DOWN ON ME - SONG AND JUDGES' COMMENTS

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RqoKXci7wws

geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2008, 04:52:30 AM »

wave Prissy
I will be watching the WILD CARD show tonight.  I have been waitng for this one to come on because from here Clay will be on every show. 

I was hoping Ruben's reaction to Clay's return would a part of the show, but I think we know,,especially today with the sucess clay has had that Ruben knew he had some tough competition there.

I can't wait to see that cutie-pie face Thud! and hear him sing.  It really has been fun watching it again, hasn't it? Huggles

Clay's my Wings of Love!
Proud to be a Claymaniac!
geraldine
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2008, 03:57:29 AM »

Prissy- As I watched the "wild card" show last night, after they announced  who would be coming back,  they brought out the final 12 and I watched Ruben's expression as he came on stage with the rest.  He looked at Clay and did not look happy.  Now that Clay is back, I can hardly wait to see him next week.

Clay's my Wings of Love!
geraldine
clayniac4ver
Claymaniac

clayed on 5/27/08 on g105 yesterday

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2008, 05:39:05 AM »

american idol rewind on sunday was awesome

alyse

"faith has concered my fear since i got the album"

got clayed on the 13th of january on g105
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2008, 08:41:35 PM »

Hello!

I am having such a good time re-watching AI 2!  Even on the first night with an audience, you can already see the huge following Clay has;  and the signs are starting to appear.

Motown and "Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch,"  was when I first became enamored of Clay!! What an exciting performer and he just has gotten better over the years!

Vanessa is the first one to leave.

geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2008, 03:01:27 AM »

Prissy wave Since AI2 rewind comes on here on Sundays, I will be watching it tonight.  I am enjoying it as much as I did the first time around.  The anticipation of waiting for him to come out on stage and sing is still making even wonderful new memories.  And knowing how successful he has become makes me so proud.

The elimanation night was always a nail biter. It's fun to know now that we know it won't be clay, but Venessa.

Looking forward to next week's show.

Clay's my Wings of Love!
geraldine
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2008, 07:44:44 AM »

Good morning everyone,

Boy, I sure did enjoy watching AI Rewind yesterday.  I agree with everyone who says how exciting it is, even though we know what the outcome is.  I wish Reuben Studdard all the best, and I feel badly that he was recently dropped by his record company.  He always seemed like a very nice man.  That being said, I always thought how obvious it was that Clay was a better all-around singer/entertainer.  He grew in confidence and star quality each week, and I don't believe Reuben did.  All I know, is it amazes me how excited I was waiting for him to come out last night, and I even rewound my recording and re-watched it several times when it was over.  Gosh, he was sweet!!  I really have to get back to work now.  Bye for now.
Debbie
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2008, 12:44:06 PM »

Debbie and Charlene,

I will always be convinced that Clay won AI 2;  there was just some "snafu" in the voting!!  Ruben just did not have the "star" quality Clay had.  I was surprised to see Kimberly Locke in the bottom 3, knowing she went on to be in the top three.

Here are some pictures of Motown Clay;  "Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch."

(     

(Clickable)

Motown - 3/11/03 & 3/12/03  Competition: Clay performed "I Can't Help Myself" and Lamont Dozier, the guest judge, said "You look like you've already arrived. You look like a professional.” Group Performance - "Heatwave".

SUGAR PIE HONEY BUNCH/I CAN'T HELP MYSELF - SONG AND JUDGES' COMMENTS

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7oK-NJFv3r8&feature=related

Vanessa was the first one eliminated.

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2008, 09:41:26 AM »

AI Rewind this weekend has songs from the movies.  Gladys Knight was the celebrity judge.  She said wonderful things about Clay:  You are a mystery.  And your voice is pure.  I don't know what will happen for you but something extraordinary;  or words to that effect.  Simon even said that Clay was the one to beat!!  bigsmile

Clay sang, "Somewhere Out There."

(Clickable)

Movie - 3/18/03 & 3/19/03  Competition: Clay sang "Somewhere Out There", from the movie An American Tail. Simon said, "With that performance, you're the one they've got to beat.” Three judges gave him a standing ovation including Gladys Knight who said he was magic.  Group Performances - "Footloose" and "I've Had the Time of My Life"

SOMEWHERE OUT THERE: SONG AND JUDGES' COMMENTS

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hql7VmoJKFA&feature=related

Charles was the second one sent home.

soapbox  They are doubliing up the main show with the results show;  and they are not showing the segments where the contestant goes over and sits on a stool by Ryan and has a brief chat.  I miss that part.  I really wish they would show all of both weekly shows.  I certainly think they can take the time to do that.

woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2008, 07:09:09 PM »

Prissy and everyone,
I am enjoying watching AI Rewind SO much!!!!!      Much more than AI.   Wink
I get the program on both Saturday and Sunday, but Saturday is a week behind, and Sunday is the current week.  Clay has been SO SO good, although I have seen it before.   Wink  Just never enough, huh???
I agree that it would have been nice to see the contestants sit with Ryan.  But I am enjoying every minute that I can get!!!
Tonight, I turned it on and Clay was first.  Older son was here and he said.....HOW OLD IS THIS?????   lmao lmao lmao
Well...they let me watch it anyway.   Wink
Gladys Knight was just wonderful.   Have always loved her.
Can't wait till next week!!!!   
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2008, 11:56:04 AM »

I agree Woodstock.  I really am enjoying AI Rewind again.  It's so fun to watch it and see how Clay's popularity grew.  It seemed that Gladys Knight could see something special in Clay and she knew something special was going to happen for him.  I think she could see his character as a man, as well as his voice.  Well ...... back to work.   Paranoid

Debbie
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2008, 11:05:54 AM »

Debbie and Woody,

AI Rewind will only get better as the weeks go on!!

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2008, 09:46:23 AM »

This weekend on AI Rewind is Country/Rock songs week.  The guest judge was Olivia Newton John.  She pretty much liked everyone!!

Clay sang "Someone Else's Star."  He sang beautifully, but I was not that fond of the song.  I think he could have found a better country song.
I love how there is this huge cheer everytime Clay's name is announced!!  bigsmile

(Clickable)

Country - 3/25/03 & 3/26/03  Competition: Clay sang "Someone Else's Star." He got a standing ovation from Randy, Paula and Olivia Newton John, But Simon said his performance was too much like the previous week.  Results: Group Performances - "Where the Blacktop Ends" and "God Bless the USA" Ford Commercial - "Mustang Sally".  Feature - During an audience Q&A, a girl asks Clay who he would want to play him in a movie and Clay said, “Yahoo Serious, then he asked Ryan if he was available. Finally, they talked him into Brad Pitt.

SOMEONE ELSE'S STAR

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-sQbBLD51uM&feature=related

Julia De Mato was the third one eliminated.

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2008, 05:43:51 PM »

I loved Clay's song choice.  Clapping I own that CD, in fact.

The thing that irritated me was that week they let Ruben sing "Sweet Home Alabama" and that is not a country song. Lynyrd Skynyrd is a southern rock group. Also, Corey sang "Drift Away" and that Dobie Gray is not a country artist either.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2008, 07:23:50 PM »

wave I finally remmebered to come here! I am enjoying Idol Rewind very much, since I did not watch the entire show in 2003, but I agree with Prissy - we all know that Clay really won. As we were watching tonight, I told Lewis that Clay never was in the bottom 3 - not even once - until he "lost". I don't know if I can watch that final show again!  Laughing

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2008, 10:21:14 AM »

This 4th week of AI 2 Rewind was Disco Week and the guest judge was a singer with EARTH, WIND AND FIRE.  I didn't catch his name.  Clay sang "Everlasting Love," again not a song that I was particularly fond of, but Clay was great.  The judges all liked Clay, but Simon said he was terrible.  I believe this showed that Simon was starting to realize the popularity of Clay and wanted to stop it if he could.

Each week the cheers are louder for Clay and there are more and more Clay signs in the audience.  Clapping

Because Corey Clark did not divulge to the AI producers that he had a criminal charge against him, he was eliminated from the competition.  That is why no one else was sent home that 4th week.  The bottom three were Trenyce, Carmen, and Kimberly L.  Kimberly L was safe, Ryan said, but that the votes this 4th week would count with the votes next week.

Disco Clay!

(Clickable)

Disco - 4/1/03 & 4/2/03  Competition: Clay sang "Everlasting Love". Randy said it was "Brilliant", Paula said his voice was "Golden.” The guest Judge from Earth, Wind, and Fire said "You can SING" but he didn't impress Simon. Results: Group Performances - "A Night to Remember" and "Boogie Wonderland". Ford Commercial - "Car Wash". The contestants were shown recording "God Bless the USA ", which will be released to benefit the Red Cross.

EVERLASTING LOVE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NvasM8vsEHM&feature=related

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2008, 11:08:35 AM »

Hello all,  wave

I need to catch up with this thread...and Prissy, I believe you asked me a Q on the 'insomniacs' thread which I still need to respond to...for now, I am quickly posting with a dilemma and a request...  I was taping AI2 Rewind off my DVR...and drat...the DVR went on the blink...the box had to be replaced which had at least 3 weeks for me to add to my tape... so, my request... is anybody taping them too?...I wanted the full thing, not just the Clay parts...or I could make a CD of it from Clack Unlimited.  I googled this, and supposedly iTunes has the episodes...when I searched on that site, they didn't surface.  I appreciate any assistance I might receive...  Huggles

~~Johanna

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2008, 01:38:09 PM »

Johanna,

I am not taping but TiVoing AI Rewind each week.  In my area it comes on 4 times that I know of.  On Saturday afternoon is the repeat of the show the previous week.  On Sunday afternoon is the new show.  I have my TiVo set up to record the Saturday evening showings which include the previous week and the new week.  There is an overlap, so I am saving every other week's TiVo of the shows.  I am not sure how or if this can be put on tapes. 

I do know there are people who have tapes from the original AI 2 four years ago and I'm sure some are taping the AI2 Rewind. 

I miss the interviews with Ryan after each contestant's performance, and I wish they would also show the results show or more of it than they are. 

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx