gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:49:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 158
Total: 158

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AMERICAN IDOL REWIND  (Read 40694 times)
ILClaymate
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2008, 11:19:22 AM »

Great pics, Fran!!  You found more than I thought!

SPOILER ALERT! - scroll at will
Here is a sneak preview of the upcoming final 2 episode and the Finale of AIRewind from GAD via CH.

The Final 2 show is literally what was broadcast on TV 5 years ago -- More fluff to me than anything. Inane Q&A's, plus Erin the Claymate answering trivia questions about Clay. We get Ruben singing "Breaking Up is Hard to Do" and Clay singing DLTSGDOM. Also 2 group songs (WTWNN and GBTUSA). Clay talks about why he chose to go second, the main reason being that he would be the last person the audience saw perform and he thought that would make him memorable for people to vote, but apparently he guessed WRONG. HAHA tmCHA

The Finale is going to be tough to watch, I think. There is a round robin of other commentators from the AI Rewind series saying who they voted for. Hearing Kim Locke say she put her money on Ruben to win and she wants her money with a wink came off as mean. Pretty much all the finalists from the show chose Ruben as their guy to win, except Trenyce who cited Clay's ridiculously huge fanbase (as Corey Clark says "the Claymates" with a laugh, also saying we're "dangerous"). Josh is not here to comment, nor is Carmen. Julia says she doesn't know why Ruben had the edge to win, except that he had that whole teddy bear thing and was so likable.

Clay says he didn't cheat, but he saw the card with Ruben's name as the winner. So knowing he didn't win made the final moments less stressful for him. He chose to look at Ruben in that strange way on stage because Ruben didn't know he had won and Clay wanted to be the first to see his face when Ruben heard his name. Ruben says that winning the show didn't matter so much to him, except in that moment when Ryan was about to announce the winner. In that moment, it was the most important thing in his life. If it wasn't his name called, it would have just been "wrong".

There is a short soundbyte in the beginning of the show where Clay says something like he allowed himself to think that maybe that night, after than one night (after singing BOTW), that maybe he could win this thing, that he believed ... and he laughs.

It still stings.

I don't think there is a "Where are they now" piece to the Finale episode, and it is the last show of AI Rewind Season 2. The show description has changed. I'll know for sure next week.

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2008, 08:21:45 PM »

Thanks, Clandy!

I am quoting the first paragraph you quoted because that covers what was shown this weekend on AI Rewind.  The Pre-Final 2 Show:

"The Final 2 show is literally what was broadcast on TV 5 years ago -- More fluff to me than anything. Inane Q&A's, plus Erin the Claymate answering trivia questions about Clay. We get Ruben singing "Breaking Up is Hard to Do" and Clay singing DLTSGDOM (Don't Let the Sun Come Down on Me.) Also 2 group songs (WTWNN (What the World Needs Now) and GBTUSA (God Bless the USA)). Clay talks about why he chose to go second, the main reason being that he would be the last person the audience saw perform and he thought that would make him memorable for people to vote, but apparently he guessed WRONG. HAHA tmCHA "

This show seemed like a "filler" show before the actual Finals.  It did show how Clay always had "showmanship" and "confidence."  I thought he was always a better speaker and communicator than Ruben.

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2008, 08:26:46 PM »

This show seemed like a "filler" show before the actual Finals.  It did show how Clay always had "showmanship" and "confidence."  I thought he was always a better speaker and communicator than Ruben.

I thought the same thing.  Even though he was younger, and by his own admission, never been out of NC much, he was already an accomplished speaker and and a great showman.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
clayniac4ver
Claymaniac

clayed on 5/27/08 on g105 yesterday

« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2008, 05:38:31 AM »

clay is the true winner NOT RUBEN

"faith has concered my fear since i got the album"

got clayed on the 13th of january on g105
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2008, 03:33:11 PM »

Barbara,

Ruben had a pleasant enough voice but Clay had so much more personality, was the better singer,  and was cute to boot!!  How could anyone pick Ruben over Clay??? scratch

clay is the true winner NOT RUBEN

Well said! Yes!

ILClaymate
« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2008, 07:03:23 PM »

SPOILER for next weeks episode...scroll at will

They cut the Beatles songs, so no Imagine or Here There and Everywhere.

Clay says that after being insulted on a regular basis week after week hearing one more insult from Simon the night of the Finale was nothing. There were no nerves, just a sense of relief that it was just about over and the show would be finished.

Clay says that he felt that Ruben would win absolutely throughout the run of the show, that he was the alpha dog and had this aura of being The One. Although after singing BOTW, that night Clay felt he would win for about 10 minutes, but then snapped back to reality. Just 10 minutes he jokes.

Clay says he absolutely loved being on AI, week after week it was a great summer camp experience. If he had the chance to do it all over again, he would do it in a heartbeat. Even the bad stuff that happened, you learn from it. Says that while he was on the show, he was the underdog and after losing he got to keep being the underdog, so that was good for him. He got to have some of his dreams come true too.

There isn't anything about what Clay and Ruben have done post AI2, like their album sales and Spamalot and other stuff, so there is no "Where Are They Now?" element to the series. And this is definitely the last first run episode of the series.
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2008, 04:01:12 PM »

PRISSY, I do believe they will just start showing AI Rewind 2 over again like they did AI Rewind 1.  Isn't it so obvious that Clay was so far above all the others from the beginning?  Have you ever heard such a voice since then??????  Plus he always knew what to do with his hands , he always looked so comfortable on stage. 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2008, 03:36:35 PM »

Pepe,
I will always feel  in my heart that Clay won AI.  There were some problems with the phone lines;  probably because so many calls were going in for Clay.  I remember Ruben's mom saying she was able to get in 200 calls and I don't think Clay's mom got in at all.  I know I couldn't vote by phone.

Just watching AI REWIND Season 2, reminds us all what a confident, talented entertainer Clay was from the beginning.

Clandy,
I wish they would take the time to put everything in the Final Two show.  Surely there's not a rush to wind up this season.  It seems like AI REWIND Season 1 was a constant back and forward jumping around with no chronological order. scratch

franniek54
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2008, 04:09:49 PM »

I think there were just plain not enough phone lines for Clay.  I called for the entire time the lines were open and only got thru once.  If Ruben's mom got thru 200 times what does that tell ya?

I don't care any more about 2003 but I do still wonder about the current voting system.  I don't vote anymore but if I did I would probably text in my vote.
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2008, 04:33:20 PM »

Fran,

I really like the voting system on Dancing With the Stars.  The three judges' votes count for half the score and they can each give up to 10 points to a contestant.

Then the audience can vote by phone or online.  I vote online and can vote as many times as there are stars left;  last time 7 stars;  7 votes.  It just seems more fair than AI. Yes!

franniek54
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2008, 12:22:22 AM »

Yes, everyone should only get X amount of votes, altho this week I heard Samantha say that if you had more than one e-mail address that you could vote on each address (and it would be "their little secret" she said).

And if the AI judges comments counted for something at this stage of the show, maybe they wouldn't feel compelled to make inane comments about irrelevent things in an attempt to sway the audience's vote.  (ie.  "the finals wouldn't be the same without you",  "you look beautiful", "don't like this arrangement") 

franniek54
« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2008, 04:00:04 PM »

OK, I just finished watching that show.  Here's a few pics.  I love this guy, but I hate that suit.

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2008, 05:54:58 AM »

Fran,
I never liked that suit, either!!!

In the Final Two Show, Clay sang HERE, THERE, AND EVERYWHERE, THIS IS THE NIGHT and BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER.

(Clickable)

HERE THERE AND EVERYWHERE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OqRWj4KhVvI

TITN

SONG:  http://youtube.com/watch?v=I6GN83oxSfg

JUDGES' COMMENTS:  http://youtube.com/watch?v=wSI1lyTCeoo

(Clickable)

BOTW

Song and judges' comments

http://youtube.com/watch?v=blEEIsGC3zA

(Clickable)

FINAL TWO

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2008, 05:28:15 PM »

Sitting here this Sunday evening watching AI Rewind.  Rubin just sang This House is Not a Home  and the judges thought he was just marvelous!!!  Not!!!!!  Clay sang This is The Night and Randy didn't like the song and Simon didn't really like it.  BOO on Simon.  Clay was wonderful, fantastic.  I still get so upset when I watch this show as to how unfair Clay was treated.  I want CLAY's star to shine just to thumb his nose at the judges.

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2008, 05:56:08 PM »

Pepe,

It was almost like they were trying to sabotage Clay in subtle ways.  Did you notice how Ruben's dressing room was black and red, I think, and Clay's was hot pink, with a pink furry chair?

And then the judges say they don't like THIS IS THE NIGHT!! Hello!!!  This is the song that was written and chosen for Clay by AI!!!  Clay had no choice here.  Personally, I've always liked the song.

HERE THERE AND EVERYWHERE was not such a great song and the key was not really in Clay's range, but he did a terrific job on it.

And of course, BOTW was excellent and everyone liked it, even Simon the Terrible!

Anniebell
Claymaniac

God Bless The USA !

« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2008, 07:19:42 PM »

Hi Prissy wave wave
 My girlfriend is here. She brought the 2 tapings from the
 original last 2 shows of IDOL 2. In the final 2 , like you said
 Clay and Ruben sang 3 songs apiece. The following
 week in the finale, it was a 2 hour show. The final 12
 contestants were there and sang together.  Then they sang
 one song with Clay and one with Ruben. Then Clay and Ruben
 sang one together.  They also talked to some of Clays fans
 in North Carolina and some of Rubens in Alabama. And showed
 the dressing room and stuff. And they asked the final 12
 who they wanted to win. So what they did on Rewind, they
 showed parts of both shows and cut out about half or more
 of what they had on the original AI final shows.   Smile Carol

In the Cookies of Life
Friends are the Chocolate Chips !! Cookie
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2008, 09:10:09 PM »

wave

Well, I watched tonight, and got just as mad as I did 5 years ago!  Laughing I know that it has all turned out well, but it still is not fair!!!!!!!

I loved Clay's version of Here, There, and Everywhere - I can't believe it was edited out of the show! 

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2008, 10:43:23 AM »

I also didn't like the fact that Clay's dressing room in the finale was pink and flowery with the pink chair.  I think that they did that on purpose unless anyone can give me a another reason why they would do that.  It's like they were treating Ruben with respect and treating Clay like a joke.  Oh well, that's all in the past, and Clay has been the survivor.  He's here for the long haul.  I'm so excited at how much attention he's getting. 
Got to get back to work. 

Debbie
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2008, 03:59:04 AM »

In my opinion Clay always was and still is the TRUE American Idol.  Clapping Clapping
And I will be watching the repeats of AI2  rewind when it continues a new one this weekend. Love you Clay

Clay's my Wings of Love!
Proud to be a Claymaniac!
geraldine
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2008, 07:39:56 PM »

Today, the 4:00 showing of AI REWIND was the Final with Ruben being declared winner.  At 7 PM on another channel was that same Final show, then at 8 PM, Season 2 is starting all over again with the auditions, so.....I don't know if we will see all of these past weeks shows repeated again or not! scratch

Like you all, I can never get enough Clay, so i don't mind if they just keep rewinding and rewinding.

Comments about the Final Two show:
Clay said in the side comments that he was looking at Ruben because he wanted to see Ruben's reaction when he won.  Clay already knew Ruben had won because he had seen Ryan's card with notes inadvertently.
But I remember at the time, Clay said he didn't want his picture made face on when it was announced that Ruben won.  He didn't want any one to capture his expression.
In side comments, almost all the Season 2 Contestants thought Ruben would win.  I wonder how they really felt at the time.  I know Kimberly Locke was very close to Clay.  I would think she thought Clay would win.  Also, the contestants already realized how big a fan base Clay had.  I think after the fact (Ruben's winning) they decided to jump on the Ruben band wagon!
I wish Clay had mentioned in his side comments that even though he was the runner-up, he was treated almost like a co-winner.  He also got a recording contract.  Wherever Ruben went, TV shows, interviews, etc., Clay was there, too.  I don't think Justin was always with Kelly after Kelly won.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx