gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:41:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 300
Total: 300

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weekly Roundtable Discussion: Let's Play Publicist  (Read 7038 times)
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006, 07:11:09 PM »

Good topic, Philly and  Deanna.  Clapping

And I have enjoyed reading all your responses.

When I first read the suggested topic, I thought THAT'S IT!!!!!  People just need to REALLY hear Clay...maybe without even knowing it's Clay.  How many times have you heard something on the radio or in the background of a TV show or something and wondered who that was?  It has happened to me before.  Getting an impression JUST from the voice, and not anything else.

I somewhat blame the media.  They have portrayed Clay as having "baggage", and far too many people are gullible out there and believe all the cr*p they read, otherwise some of the rags would never have been around as long as they have.  I DO think some of the negative publicity has hurt Clay.

SO.........playing his music on the radio without telling people who it is would be a BRILLIANT move, IMO.  But I don't think it will happen.  If people would just get over everything else and listen to the VOICE, to me, that says it all.

I would love an honest to goodness music video from one of the ATDW songs.  What's taking so long for that to happen???

And you know what else, I would LOVE to see Clay sing for a Disney animated movie.  He has the PERFECT voice for that.  How many of you remember The Little Mermaid???  I LOVED the singer who sang her songs.  I saw her on a talk show and thought she was just marvelous. 

OK...I know I'm getting off the subject...

I think "they" are doing a good job of getting Clay all these TV appearances, but someone better start working on the radio stations, and SOON, so these songs can be heard by others outside of the ClayNation.
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
redhotclay
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 07:44:02 PM »

How long is his contract with RCA?    I think Clay would be better off with another label.  He certainly has the talent, personality, and fanbase to make him a superstar.  He just needs the right backing. 

I totally agree with the previous posts about hearing Clay and falling in love with his music - without knowing it's him.  People have biases that they are just not willing to look past. 
clay_enthusiast
Clayamateur

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2006, 09:24:34 PM »

hello    wave  Interesting discussion going here and I agree with a lot of things you all are saying.  I can't figure out why Clay's career has been

handled the way it has.  Seems strange to me.  The best tour he did to show his voice range and versatility and personality was the Jukebox tour.

That show was so much fun and the men in the crowds were even smiling and having a good time.  It really showed his talent and even I was

amazed how well he did all the different types of songs and the dance moves too.  The sad part was that only a few areas on the east side of the

U.S. and Toronto got to see that.  Also sad was the lack of publicity for the tour in my  area.  Only the event place had info in the paper each week

about all their concerts and he was listed too.  But it was really low key.   If anything to me that would have been a great live concert to have made

into a DVD,  it was so fun and thanks to clack I still enjoy it over again.  Why did they not make one?   Also too bad the CD was not released a week

or so after his AI 5 appearance.  There was so much buzz then,  it was strange ,  free publicity but not able to be used to promote the cd.  I think that

as some have said that Clay may not want to be part of the payola stuff.  If true ,  I respect him for that however I am not sure how he will ever get

played on the radio.  It is a big problem that I hoped would have changed with this new beautiful cd.       
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 03:28:16 AM »

After watching the CMA's last night. which was WONDERFUL...congrats go to all the artisits and the TASTEFUL show! Most especially to Carrie Underwood!! She really has had a fabulous year!

Taking off on that...

Carrie did NOT tour alone. She opened for some huge artists...Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley..

Now- I am not sure WHO Clay could tour WITH, not necessarily open for, but someone else that can draw a crowd. Get Clay noticed by MORE people actually paying to hear music!

I think he needs to be included in shows where he is NOT the "star" but just a fabo voice to stand out and be heard. (Wango Tango type thing, not necessarily that type of music)..

just a thought.

Why does Clay HAVE to do it alone?

Lora
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 07:45:19 PM »

Lora,
I so remember the Independent Tour.  It was great to see Clay and Kelly together, although Kelly admitted that we were all there to see Clay.   Wink  And I think she was right.  But I saw him in St. Louis at a big venue and it was packed.  So maybe you have a good idea.  Or maybe one of the recent AI people can open for Clay.   shrug  How about Kellie Pickler and Clay??? ( I love Kellie.)

Jan posted this on the OCD, but I waited for her permission to post it here.  Here is a TRUE case in point for this whole discussion.

THIS MORNING THE PEST CONTROL GUY CAME BY AND HE SAID "WHO IS THAT SINGING"?
 I HAD CLAY'S CD ON. I TOLD HIM AND HE WROTE THE NAME DOWN AND SAID "HE HAS A BEAUTIFUL VOICE" WHO IS HE???
OF COURSE, THEN I HAD A LOT TO TELL HIM. HE IS GOING TO BUY THE ALBUM, SAID HIS WIFE WILL LOVE IT. YEY, ANOTHER CLAYVERT.

OF COURSE, MY KITTIES ARE CLAYVERTED NOW TOO. Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty

Isn't that great????

Clay is SO talented.  Yeah....I know you know.  But so many other people don't.  He deserves more recognition.  When I think of the artists that get so much radio play sometimes.   Puke  They couldn't touch Clay's talent, no way.  And I am SO happy to be a proud Clay fan.  I LOVE the man.   
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx