gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:14:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 444
Total: 444

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SUNDAY ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION : Lyrics That Speak to You  (Read 9232 times)
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« on: October 28, 2006, 10:14:09 PM »

We've talked a lot about our favorite songs.  But there are always a few lines in the middle of a song that just GET to you...tug at your heartstrings....or make you weak in the knees.  So let's share.  What lines make you go crazy?????

For a LONG time....I have loved the lines "There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you....There's something about the way your lips invite...." from The Way, of course.   And it has been in my signature all along.

The lines from the new CD that make me melt into a puddle of goo on the floor are from When I See You Smile.  Here goes.....you've all heard them.....

"There's nothing in this world that could ever do....What the touch of your hands can do....It's like nothing that I ever knew....."  Ok.    Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud!

*Woodstock frantically fans herself.....*

OK, I'm better now.  Maybe not.   Thud! Thud! Thud!

Listening to those words sends me over the edge.

So, what does it for YOU?????????????  Please share. 
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 04:40:49 AM »

O.K. - I'll Play! 

From "Lonely No More" -  "Give Me Everything, Everthing Tonight" (and I love the fact that he probably wrote that!  Laughing ) Woody - I like your choices, too!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 06:22:33 AM »

Great topic, Debbie!!  Clapping

From one of my favs on the CD: (Here You Come Again)

"all you have to do is smile that smile and there goes all my defenses". 

Yep, there goes all my defenses.  bigsmile

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Ms. Hip Shake
SuperFan

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 08:16:18 AM »

OK...I will play too.  Cool topic.

I agree with fhmmany2 re: Lover All Alone.  I mean, the whole song put me in la la land, but that one line "Give Me Everything, Everthing Tonight" is all kinds of hawt.   Thud!

But, my favorite line re: the CD is from When I See You Smile.

"Ba-by.....there's nothing in this world that could ever do.....what a touch of your hannnnnnnd can do.....it's like nothing that I ever knew". 

When Clay says BABY, it makes ya wanna have one (with him, ha ha).    But, seriousy, "haaaaaaaaaaand" is the sexiest word in the English language when Clay says it.   Put a fork in me.  I am done.  bigsmile

Peace out, fandom.  Thanks for the memories.  Goodbye.
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 11:19:45 AM »

Oh - I love everyone's responses!  I feel when I read your replies  . . . that I know a little bit more about each of you. 

Here goes  . . . In Lonely No More . .  Clay sings "take me in, take me home"   WOW!   towel

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 12:39:57 PM »

Oh - I love everyone's responses!  I feel when I read your replies  . . . that I know a little bit more about each of you. 

Here goes  . . . In Lonely No More . .  Clay sings "take me in, take me home"   WOW!   towel

OH MY GOD!!  Me too!!  Everytime he sings that I feel myself blush      That has to be my favorite line!!  And I'd gladly do both  Paranoid

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 01:25:20 PM »

I should have put a warning on this thread.....

WARNING - FANGIRLS PRESENT.  EXCESSIVE THUDDING MAY OCCUR AT ANY MOMENT.   bigsmile

I love EACH and every one of the lyrics you have mentioned.  I would have chosen each of them if I was making a list...

Hippy - I agree with you about "haaaaannnnnnnd".   Yes!

Great topic, Debbie!!  Clapping

From one of my favs on the CD: (Here You Come Again)

"all you have to do is smile that smile and there goes all my defenses". 

Yep, there goes all my defenses.  bigsmile

lmao lmao lmao  OH my goodness.....We are of one mind.

"Give me everything, everything tonight."   Wink  I can do that, honey. 

"Take me in, take me home."  What time do you want me to pick you up????  bigsmile

Here's another one that gets to me....

From Here You Come Again...."Looking better than a body has a right to."   Thud!

I'm sure I will think of a few more.
Thanks for sharing.   
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 01:32:50 PM »

Hello!

One line from a Clay song that used to be in my signature is:

"Was that a violin or did you say something?" from LOOK WHAT LOVE HAS DONE.  I think it signifies that the someone's voice is like music to his ears, hence the violin parallel.

(Also, the violin is my instrument and it was always special to hear Clay sing the word!!) Wink

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
cpnina
Clayamateur

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 01:33:05 PM »

all the lyrics to "Here You Come Again" speak to me--they did even when they were Dolly Parton  singing them because I imagined a man singing this song--and now we have one!!

sigh sigh sigh

Penny
hopelessly devoted to Clay
and hopes she never gets over it!!
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 01:56:38 PM »

I love reading that I'm not the only one who can go to pieces over a single line from one of his songs.   ROFLMAO

It's hard to choose just one, but I guess I'll go with one of the lines from Because You Loved Me.  It's a line that repeats over and over, "You were my strength when I was weak.  You were my voice when I couldn't speak.".  But one of the last time he sings it toward the end, he speaks it more than sings it.  And there's so much emotion in it.

It's so ... so HOT.

Excuse me.
   Flame

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »

I HAVE BEEN THINKING OF THIS ALL DAY.  I LOVE EVERY SINGLE LINE SO FAR CHOSEN.  BUT, WHEN HE SAYS "WOMAN" IN IFDKMBN, I COULD MELT.  JUST MELT AWAY.   Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud!

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 03:03:08 PM »

It's so ... so HOT.

Excuse me.   Flame

KRIS  . . . STEP AWAY FROM THE FLAME! 

So happy you are on the road to recovery . . . but please take good care of yourself!    bigsmile

GWENN  . ."woman" does it to me, too.  It happened when he said "woman" in Celebrate Me Home.  blush

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 05:55:29 PM »

towel  Towel anyone? Or maybe I should bring a mop?

HEE!

Favorite line....besides what's already been chosen. Okay.  Hmm. 

Well, lately, I have become inordinately attached to these two choruses from the end of Everything I Do. I don't know why really, except it makes my heart beat faster, and I can't wait to hear it LIVE!

There's no love, like your love
And no other, could give more love
There's nowhere, unless you're there
All the time, all the waaaaaaaaaay
*pretty music*
Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
Yeah.....I would fight for you, I'd cry for you
I'd walk the wire for you, yeah I'd die for you

Seriously. Put your headphones on and crank it up. I love the celtic flute, it's so beautiful and reminds me of Braveheart, which ripped my heart out. And it .... builds, you know? 

*gish*
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 05:57:07 PM »

It's so ... so HOT.

Excuse me.
   Flame

....aaaaaaaaaand she's back!  Huggles

*fans the flames*
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 06:58:33 PM »

I've loved all the lyrics posted so far. *swoon*

Oh, what song lyrics don't I like should be the question, you know. But a couple of my absolute favorites . . .

From Lonely No More - ". . . unbreak this heart ache." Just that one line, every time it comes around when I'm playing it (which is quite a bit lately Wink) I just swoon, and feel my heart melt into a puddle in my chest. Thud! Yes, I do like the whole line, "Only you could unbreak this heart ache, I've carried around" but just that "unbreak this heart ache" sounds so . . . emotional, and beautiful. Just how he goes so low with his voice, it almost sounding like a whisper. It just boggles my mind of how one little line could do such a thing to me. Paranoid

Another line from Lonely No More - "Take me in, take me home. I can't stand to be alone. . . Help me paint the picture of my life . . ." I just love it. And it sounds like one of his lines, you know? How he was talking about in his book about some people leaving a nice color on the painting in his life and how some are dark and ugly. I just love it.

Then I love the whole song These Open Arms. I love the whole line, "These open arms, will wait for you. These open arms, can pull us through!" But I love "These open arms, can pull us through" so, so, so much. I don't know why. I just love that song. I love it so much, I started doing a whole story board for it. Laughing It's great fun. I just love it. sigh

And now I've lost my train of thought, I started listening to Clay, and I'm now a puddle of goo and just can't type that well. Thud! Laughing We need a melting emoticon, that's what we need. lmao

The only kind of nut Clay's not allergic to
I'm so weak to his fedora wearing ways!
Quote of however long: ♥♪"How could you wait another minute? A hug is warmer when you're in it." ♪♥ ~DSIAFCD
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 06:01:04 AM »

Yep those are  all swooners.

Here is the one line that evokes sadness to the point of tears:
The chorus from Lover All AloneCry!

As hard as love can be
It's hader still it seems
to be a lover all alone without love

Knowing he wrote the lyrics to this I keep imagining Clay feeling like this, and I get so emotional  I want to hug him and tell him "everything will be okay"  Hug

I mean he sings it with such emotion. Not that he doesn't sing everything with emotion. Wink

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 08:08:53 AM »

All the choice are  Flame and I need  towel

Pamela, your is in my top choices as well. I playback the Waaaaaaaaaay over and over... love that part with the music combined. I still love my siggy line too.

"I close my eyes and I breath you in "  I find that very sexy personally.

But there are soo many choices when it comes to Clay b/c they way he says alot of the words like Gwen said " WOMAN "  Thud! Thud!

Great topic ladies !!! Purple Banana

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
Claymaniac2000
UltimateFan

Clay's Butterfly

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 08:35:08 AM »

"EVERY THING I DO, I DO IT FOR YOU". This makes me feel like he is talking directly to us and telling us that Everything he does he does for us.

Janet Claymaniac2000
Hey Butterfly....Open up your weary eyes and realize.....It's a trip we're taking

BRETT-------WELCOME HOME
JULIE you are in my heart forever
caramel131
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 09:30:14 AM »

I, too, like all the lines mentioned so far.  My all time favorite is from the "Without You" duet with Kimberley Locke. When he was singing it while touring, when he'd sing "OH BABY WHERE DO I BELONG."  Nobody can work the word baby like Clay. 
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 09:38:36 AM »

OK, it's Monday......I'm a day late.  I love everyone's choices so far.   One line that kills me everytime is "I neeeeeeed your love" (well, I need your's too, sweetie!) from Unchained Melody.  And, of course, those two "low" notes in Here You Come Again!  Clay's low notes do things to me....... Thud! Thud!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx