gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:10:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 168
Total: 168

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trick or Treat for UNICEF!  (Read 3949 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: October 26, 2006, 09:46:29 AM »

Remember when you believed you could change the world? Well, you can!

Last year, when Clay was the official representative, Trick or Treat for UNICEF raised nearly $5 million during Halloween. It was unprecedented, but UNICEF was able to help children right here in the United States for the very first time. The children affected by Hurricane Katrina were assisted by UNICEF, as well as people who suffered during the Pakistan earthquake. Emergency supplies, new wells for fresh water, and vaccines for children were provided, helping to save the lives of many of those children.

This year, you can still make a difference. Here's how!

If you would like to make a contribution through Claymaniacs, please paypal to pamela@claymaniacs.com or send a check (made out to UNICEF) to me at:

P.O. Box 173
Clayton, NC   27528

We'll accept contributions until November 1 November 28!

OR, you can take your change to any of the 12,000 participating Coinstar Centers across the US - and simply designate the US Fund for UNICEF as the recipient by entering code 5555 and Coinstar will provide you with a printed receipt for your gift!!

OR, you can donate directly, online at http://www.unicefusa.org/trickortreat ...

OR, you can donate by phone by calling 1-800-4UNICEF.

OR, you can drop your change into any of those little orange boxes you may see somewhere this time of year, or to a child that comes to your door asking for contributions.

However you choose to help, we hope you do.  Because ...

only $24 can provide 4 long lasting insecticidal mosquito nets to protect children from malaria

$52 can provide 2 micro filters which can supply safe drinking water to large families or schools

$75 can provide 255 bags of "PlumpyNut," a ready to eat therapeutic spread to nourish children with severe actue malnutrition

and

$100 can vaccinate 100 children against polio for life

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 07:43:04 PM »

Remember when you believed you could change the world? Well, you can!

Last year, when Clay was the official representative, Trick or Treat for UNICEF raised nearly $5 million during Halloween. It was unprecedented, but UNICEF was able to help children right here in the United States for the very first time. The children affected by Hurricane Katrina were assisted by UNICEF, as well as people who suffered during the Pakistan earthquake. Emergency supplies, new wells for fresh water, and vaccines for children were provided, helping to save the lives of many of those children.

This year, you can still make a difference. Here's how!

If you would like to make a contribution through Claymaniacs, please paypal to pamela@claymaniacs.com or send a check (made out to UNICEF) to me at:

P.O. Box 173
Clayton, NC   27528

We'll accept contributions until November 1.

OR, you can take your change to any of the 12,000 participating Coinstar Centers across the US - and simply designate the US Fund for UNICEF as the recipient by entering code 5555 and Coinstar will provide you with a printed receipt for your gift!!

OR, you can donate directly, online at http://www.unicefusa.org/trickortreat ...

OR, you can donate by phone by calling 1-800-4UNICEF.

OR, you can drop your change into any of those little orange boxes you may see somewhere this time of year, or to a child that comes to your door asking for contributions.

However you choose to help, we hope you do.  Because ...

only $24 can provide 4 long lasting insecticidal mosquito nets to protect children from malaria

$52 can provide 2 micro filters which can supply safe drinking water to large families or schools

$75 can provide 255 bags of "PlumpyNut," a ready to eat therapeutic spread to nourish children with severe actue malnutrition

and

$100 can vaccinate 100 children against polio for life

Thanks for the info, Pamela...I've got a Q for anyone who can help...

I sent for some of the collection boxes last year, and they didn't arrive.  This year a set came, and I've found out there is a whole 'rigamarole' to getting it approved for me to let my students use these (you know the 'witch' I work for...I get Halloween every day, these days)  Naughty Naughty...I was wondering where I might take them, so that they could be put to use.  Do you know if there are certain places nationally that make the collection boxes available to children?

Thanks in advance. 

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 04:53:58 AM »

If you know someone with a Girl Scout troop, or someone who teaches Sunday School, they might want the UNICEF boxes. Every year that I had a Girl Scout troop, the girls always trick-or-treated for UNICEF - one year we even went out as a group - that was really fun, and brings back a lot of good memories.

Sara-Jessica Parker has been on several T.V. shows this week as a UNICEf Ambassador - but she talks like she is not the only one. Wonder if Clay is still considered an Ambassador for UNICEF?

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 05:03:04 AM »

Frankie- There are MANY AMbassadors- World Wide_

Here is a link to a list, both past and present:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UNICEF_Goodwill_Ambassadors

It is Quite Long!

This is for the United States::

United States

Clay Aiken
India Arie
Angela Bassett
Katie Couric
Jane Curtin
Laurence Fishburne
Sarah Hughes
James Kiberd
Annette Roque Lauer
Téa Leoni
Lucy Liu (2004)
Alyssa Milano (2003)
Sarah Jessica Parker
Isabella Rossellini
Marcus Samuelsson
Summer Sanders
Claudia Schiffer
Liv Tyler (2003)
Courtney B. Vance

Lora
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 08:12:15 AM »

Frankie, those are good ideas, thanks!  I think the boxes are actually available at Pier One stores too, if anyone needs them.  Remember, there isn't really a deadline per se; we sent our contribution last year in November.

Also, there is a more current list of ambassadors on the UNICEF site.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 06:32:21 AM »

Update!

Thanks to several generous Claymaniacs, we have raised $295 to contribute to UNICEF!

This contribution will be made in honor of Clay's birthday later this month.

Thank you all!

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 07:47:47 AM »

I SEE YOU EXTENDED SO I AM MAILING MY CHECK TODAY!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 07:56:22 AM »

Pamela,

I must have missed this.  If you are still taking donations, I'll Pay Pal you one tonight when I get home.

PAMELA:  I just took care of this.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx