gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:52:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 214
Total: 214

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK OCTOBER 23  (Read 3972 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: October 23, 2006, 01:48:17 AM »

This Week's Promosquad Top 20 Countdown
LW TW artist song
1 1 Clay Aiken Lover All Alone
2  2 Clay Aiken A Thousand Days
3  3 Clay Aiken Without You
4  4 Clay Aiken If You Don't Know Me By Now
7  5 Clay Aiken Lonely No More

PROMOSQUAD

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 01:50:51 AM »

The top selling albums in Canada compiled from a national sample of retail store and mass merchants' reports collected, compiled, and provided by Nielsen SoundScan.  

15 OCTOBER, 2006 (FOR THE WEEK ENDING 19 OCTOBER, 2006)

Weeks on the Chart 2 Weeks Ago Last Week This Week Title Artist   ( Label )
4 12 27 38 THOUSAND DIFFERENT WAYS CLAY AIKEN   ( RCA )

JAM.CANOE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 01:53:12 AM »

Free tickets to winner of 'I love Clay Aiken' contest

October 21, 2006
Are you a registered-in-good-standing citizen of Clay Nation, the band of worldwide devotees who adore singer Clay Aiken and his music? Then you probably already know about the former "American Idol" celeb's concert in Waukegan on Dec. 1.
But in case you're worried about not getting a ticket to the Genesee Theatre event -- there are rumors of a sellout -- we have a deal for you.

We just happen to have two tickets and we're going to give them away.

All you have to do is tell us in 100 words or fewer why you, above all others in the world, deserve these tickets.

Send your entries to Clay Aiken Contest in care of the Lake County News-Sun, 2383 N. Delany Road, Waukegan, Ill. 60087 or e-mail your entry to IloveClay@scn1.com. Or drop off your entry at our office.

Make sure you list your name, address and telephone number and be prepared to pick up the winning tickets at The News-Sun the week before the concert.

We'll publish the winning entries and pictures of the winners on the morning of Nov. 25. Entries close on Nov. 22.

You're allowed multiple entries, but each one must be submitted separately.

The staff of pixies (and one old troll) at the "3 Things" department here at the News-Sun will be the sole judges.
SUBURBANCHICAGONEWS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 01:54:03 AM »

CLAY YOUTUBE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 01:56:36 AM »

F.M. Kirby Center, Wilkes-Barre

CLAY AIKEN HOLIDAY CONCERT: Dec. 10, 7 p.m., $65/$55/$40

THETIMES-TRIBUNE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 02:02:00 AM »

And in the end
Seeing record superstores disappear leaves one fan with bittersweet memories
By Joan Anderman, Globe Staff  |  October 22, 2006

I had a dream, and it had nothing to do with civil rights. I wanted to work at a record store. Not some funky indie outpost but a giant retail behemoth where I could a) be in a room with more or less every album in the world, b) get a discount, and c) tell people what they should listen to. I started filling out job applications in ninth grade and pestered the store managers for years but never got the job.

Eventually I landed a newspaper gig with similar perks. But the death knell for the record superstore -- which sounded louder with the recent announcement that Tower Records is going out of business -- still stings.

Tower isn't cool. The lights are too bright, the product too mainstream, and the clientele is as likely to be shopping for the new Clay Aiken as a Velvet Underground bootleg.
BOSTON.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 02:05:33 AM »

At Halloween, we dressed up for success
By Kathleen Keating  |  October 22, 2006

My new department had a reputation for being a tight-knit competitive bunch and I was still struggling to accelerate that awkward transition from being the new kid to one of the gang. Having started my job in December, I had no frame of reference for what has become the biggest office holiday of the year: Halloween.

While I've always been a fan of candy, I made what I believed to be a very adult decision back in the seventh grade regarding Halloween: Costume competitions -- formally or informally judged -- were too stressful and I was better suited to handing out candy than to dressing up.(snip)

Fearing another public rejection, I kept what turned out to be the best idea to myself. It didn't stay hidden for very long once Sue read my notepad. In a matter of minutes, she was taking full credit for casting me in the role of Clay Aiken as we prepared to enter the competition as the American Idols Live Tour.
BOSTONWORKS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 02:15:31 AM »

From the Billboard Chart Beat Chat column:
Fred,

Love your column. I really enjoyed reading your piece about the Latin charts this week.

Last week, the single "Gallery" by Mario Vazquez reached No. 40 on The Billboard Hot 100. Doesn't that make Mario the first "American Idol" contestant, other than winners and runners-up, to have a top 40 hit?

Thanks,

Gabriel Duque
Miami Beach, Fla.

Dear Gabriel,

Since you wrote your e-mail, "Gallery" has taken another upward move, from 40-38. After a slow start, the single is shaping up to be a bona fide hit.

But Mario Vazquez is not the first "American Idol" contestant who was not a finalist or a runner-up to reach the top 40 of the Hot 100. True, most of the "Idol" kids who have charted in the top 40 finished in the top two on the series, including Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Clay Aiken, Fantasia, Diana DeGarmo, Carrie Underwood, Bo Bice, Taylor Hicks and Katharine McPhee.

But don't forget about season two's fourth-place finisher. Josh Gracin has turned into a country star, with a No. 1 hit on the Hot Country Songs chart to his credit. That chart-topper, "Nothin' to Lose," peaked at No. 39 on the Hot 100 dated March 19, 2005.

Vazquez does have claim to one first -- he is the first "American Idol" drop-out to have a hit on the Hot 100.

CHARTBEATCHAT

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 02:20:35 AM »

Here's a poll where you get to "fill in the blanks":  Wink

PEOPLE.AOL

Clay "is" the "News"
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 02:51:25 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA  wave & ALL ANN READERS   wave
DEANNA THANKS FOR THE NEWS.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT PROMOSSQUAD ACTUALLY DOES, & WHAT ROLE OR RELATIONSHIP IF ANY, DOES IT HAVE WITH RADIO PLAY?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR ANSWER.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE,
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 03:09:12 AM »

Good Morning, Angela! wave

morning ANN readers morning

Here you go,
  morning coffee morning coffee morning coffee Cookie Cookie

Clay "is" the "News"
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 03:10:45 AM »

Read some comments to Ken Barnes blog.  I rarely respond to any critics, but I did this time.
( Throw tomatoes if you like   Wink)

http://blogs.usatoday.com/listenup/2006/10/question_time.html#comments

Have a good day!
Deanna in PA
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 04:04:24 AM »

GOOD BLUE MONDAY MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

I AM SO NOT READY FOR TODAY.

DEANNA - THANKS FOR THE NEWS AND MISSED YOU THIS WEEKEND.  WILL WE BE PUTTING UP THE NUMBERS FOR RUBEN'S SALES THIS WEEK.  JUST BEING CURIOUS.

HAVE A GOOD ONE AND WILL CHECK BACK LATER FOR UPDATES.

HUGS
RAINEY
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 07:09:05 AM »

I stated it before- I am appalled that people write in to critics, newspapers, etc- and state that Clay is leaving RCA and going with David Foster as if it was fact. Even though its a possiblity.................

WHAT IF HE ISNT??? WHAT IF HE IS STAYING WITH RCA BECAUSE OF HIS CONTRACT, ETC.?No one knows this for sure. Make comments about the song choices, make comments about his beautiful voice and what he did with the options he was given- yes "mandated".

Why do people have to keep telling everyone things of which they have no viable evidence- only the wishful speculation on fan boards and such? It cannot be good for Clay to have all this rumour abound- especially since the gnats grab everything and run with it. Some of this makes Clay look foolish IMO. And this may be why he hasn't blogged- because some people tear what he says all apart like rabid dogs. He has NEVER hinted that he is going with Foster or even leaving RCA. Do I want him to? Possibly- but I am not knowledgeable or informed enough to think that the decision would be a good one for him or his career. Only Clay and his management know that.

Its different to discuss and speculate on private boards- but to deliberately post something of which we have no knowledge whatsoever is abhorrent.

I wish that some of these posters would not grab at the lures sent out by questionable sources.

The above is my personal opinion and I am not attacking any one individual with my thoughts- just generalizing.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 07:59:44 AM »

Good Morning everyone!!!!!!

Thanks for all the news.

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 09:17:03 AM »

Good morning everyone. wave

Thanks for the news and polls Deanna. I fill out Clay's name all the way. Purple Banana Purple Banana

have a wonderful day everyone.

lolita

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 09:47:59 AM »

I stated it before- I am appalled that people write in to critics, newspapers, etc- and state that Clay is leaving RCA and going with David Foster as if it was fact. Even though its a possiblity.................

WHAT IF HE ISNT??? WHAT IF HE IS STAYING WITH RCA BECAUSE OF HIS CONTRACT, ETC.?No one knows this for sure. Make comments about the song choices, make comments about his beautiful voice and what he did with the options he was given- yes "mandated".

Why do people have to keep telling everyone things of which they have no viable evidence- only the wishful speculation on fan boards and such? It cannot be good for Clay to have all this rumour abound- especially since the gnats grab everything and run with it. Some of this makes Clay look foolish IMO. And this may be why he hasn't blogged- because some people tear what he says all apart like rabid dogs. He has NEVER hinted that he is going with Foster or even leaving RCA. Do I want him to? Possibly- but I am not knowledgeable or informed enough to think that the decision would be a good one for him or his career. Only Clay and his management know that.

Its different to discuss and speculate on private boards- but to deliberately post something of which we have no knowledge whatsoever is abhorrent.

I wish that some of these posters would not grab at the lures sent out by questionable sources.

The above is my personal opinion and I am not attacking any one individual with my thoughts- just generalizing.

Thanks for posting that, Marilyn!  What gives anyone the right to say "Clay is leaving RCA and going with David Foster?"  This IS NOT FACT, and in reality, could hurt Clay greatly.  As far as any of us know, he is still under contract with RCA.  They are his boss until Clay tells us otherwise.  Why can't people let Clay handle his own business affairs?  To speculate on a message board is one thing.....we're all guilty of that, I think.  But to actually write to critics and newspapers is plain WRONG!  We have no right to do that.  NOT EVER! 

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 11:45:16 AM »

Thanks for posting that, Marilyn!  What gives anyone the right to say "Clay is leaving RCA and going with David Foster?"  This IS NOT FACT, and in reality, could hurt Clay greatly.  As far as any of us know, he is still under contract with RCA.  They are his boss until Clay tells us otherwise.  Why can't people let Clay handle his own business affairs?  To speculate on a message board is one thing.....we're all guilty of that, I think.  But to actually write to critics and newspapers is plain WRONG!  We have no right to do that.  NOT EVER! 

Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

HONESTLY, I THINK THAT IS WHY CRITICS PAN CLAY SO MUCH.  I THINK IT IS US THEY ARE ANNOYED WITH AND NOT CLAY.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 04:33:32 PM »

JUST CHECKING IN FOR ONE LAST HURRAH.  THANKS FOR THE NEWS DEANNA AND SEE YOU IN THE MORNING.

HUGS
RAINEY
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx