gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:03:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 434
Total: 434

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clay Blog Central  (Read 28422 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2006, 10:39:07 AM »

Wednesday, December 27, 2006
A Lame Excuse for News in Greensboro

Well, crap.

I was going to make this blog a retrospective of the past year; the ups and downs, the surprise media dynamo that was the appearance of Clay on AI5, the two new CDs we got this year, the warm and fuzzy visit to the Tyra Banks show, the UNICEF snowflake lighting ceremony, Jimmy Kimmel and the CD signing, the TV Guide close up special, Clay's appointment to a presidential committee, his being named Outstanding Young Alumnus of UNC Charlotte and maybe even his part in raising $1 million for David Foster's Annual Charity Gala.

But nooooo.

The Fox TV station in Greensboro NC has ruined my plans and compelled me to use my voice. The set up - Clay performed his 18th concert in 23 days last Saturday night in what was billed as "Clay Aiken Christmas with the Greensboro Symphony."

Apparently, a teenager named Joshua and possibly some others were told they could sing with or before Clay Saturday night. They even rehearsed for this performance. This fact was not publicized, nor was any fan I know aware of it. I have to wonder if Clay was even aware. Shortly before showtime, their performance was cancelled, reportedly due to either the content (not Christmas music) or time limitations.

According to Fox, "As a consolation, Joshua was allowed to sing 30 seconds leading a group sing-along. He also got to go backstage to meet and get a picture with Clay." Also according to Fox, Clay's "people" cancelled the extra performances because Clay wanted to do a longer set. This is a lie, as his set for this show was exactly the same as the other 17 shows. Fact checker please!

If this did happen, it's unfortunate for those involved, but hey, that's show biz, kids!

Read the rest at Debunk This
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2007, 07:48:47 AM »

The Songwriter
When we got the cover art and photos from the photo shoot we got Ooh-la-la, one hot, sexy man. Dang, he grow-ed up real nice. When the song list was released, I admit I was not thrilled with some of the song selections, but when I heard the album, I was instantly sold. Clay did something different to the songs plus his vox was intoxicating as ever. I loved the ethereal quality to "Broken Wings". We learned later that the arrangement was his vision. He also had a writing credit on "Lonely No More" my second favorite song on the album, but the very best did not make the album. For some strange reason it was part of a iTunes exclusive. "Lover All Alone" was a beautiful, haunting song written by Clay with music by David Foster. We have David Foster to thank for giving Clay the music, and David's sister Jaymes who executive produced the album for nagging Clay to write the lyrics. The song talked of someone having a lot of love to give someone, but not finding that right person to give it to. Something to which many can relate. Why wasn't it on the album? Another mystery. It wasn't like the album was only songs of happy love. There were also songs of heartache like "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word" and “Without You”. “Lover All Alone” should have been on this album. At least now we know that Clay Aiken can write, and write beautifully. Clay has a talent for songwriting, now he needs to be able to open up and share his inner feelings. I hope he is ready to do that soon. With all the people and causes he is passionate about, I think he has a lot to say.
Read the rest:
THEREWASAMANBLOG

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »

Our Year End Thoughts and Wishes

What a wonderful time we've had posting on The ConCLAYve. So many voices. Once again, our members (and guests) are sharing their thoughts. Share yours. We love your comments. Here's Part I . . . more to come . . . from us and from Clay Aiken.

Newest contribution from Shadylil:

We're at the end of year 2006 and as I reflect back, my thoughts turn to my internet friends, the friends I made on the message boards because of Clay Aiken.

I think back to what he went through via the tabloids and what WE went through, too. Because, you see, when you love someone, their pain is your pain. And I can't imagine that the tabloid rumors didn't hurt Clay deep inside.

The fans and friends on the message boards stayed strong and we banded together because we were tired of hearing all the negative crap about Clay, a guy who is just trying to live his life the best way he can.

CONCLAYVEBLOG

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2007, 07:52:26 AM »

Do not be eating or drinking while reading this next blog.  There have been a few keyboards lost across the ClaynationWink

2026 – A Year In Review

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Raleigh, North Carolina. The ballustrade of the Governor’s Mansion is decked with festive boughs of holly, pine and collard greens. The famous Hall of Trees is alight with the twinkling of 350 frasier firs, decorated with ornaments sent from all fifty states—the ornaments now number in the thousands, according to Faye Parker, The First Mom and Secretary of the Interior (Decoration). She says “It’s such a blessing for Clayton to have such dedicated constituents. So many of these ornaments were made by hand and lovingly shipped here to the Governor’s Claymate Mansion. We appreciate each and every one, and even though I usually put the ugly ones on the backs of the trees, each one is a precious gift, and a reminder that not every Governor has his own paying fan club.”

Read the rest:
TAKINGAMOMENTBLOG
 lmao ROFLMAO

Clay "is" the "News"
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2007, 01:48:47 PM »

Cute Blog to include Clay in some top TV season openers:

http://conclayve.blogspot.com/2007/01/whats-next.html

Saturday, January 06, 2007
What's Next?

What's Next? Jed Bartlet used to ask that all the time on The West Wing when he was ready to move on. The first of the year seems like a good time to ask What's Next?

What's next is that some of the better TV shows are finally returning from Christmas hiatus next week. House is back although if they drag this damn cop story out any longer, I may foreclose on my TIVO season pass. David Morse's character is starting to deserve that rectal thermometer that House “forgot” to remove. Most detectives don't have the kind of time he is spending on this case, so it is moving past the believable stage. I predict he had a younger sibling or something that was a drug addict and he couldn't save them so he's got a bug up his ass about it. Maybe the bug got irritated by the thermometer.

continued:

Lora
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2007, 10:34:13 PM »

My apologies, Mr. Aiken

So last night while attempting to explain Battlestar Galactica to my sweet non-nerd wife (No, you see, you can be a Cylon without knowing you’re a Cylon, because Cylons are robots and they can be programmed to think they’re human. Get it?) when I checked the comments on my last post. It seems I ended last night’s entry with a subtle dig at ol’ Clay Aiken.

Whoops.

It's cute.  Read the rest here!
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2007, 05:03:29 AM »

Are you a Taylor Hicks fan? Clay Aiken too? You are NOT alone!!

Well, there is a Soul Patrol fanclub out there that has a few Clay fans...you might even recognize some screen names!! I did...

12 pages currently, start and #1 and read...I was pretty proud and makes me like Taylor even more (a little  Wink)

http://www.theofficialsoulpatrol.com/forum/index.php?topic=3421.0

Lora
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2007, 05:05:46 AM »

A Blog from one of the member advisors from the Presidents Council that Clay is also on:

He is from OHIO too!

http://coralandopal.blogspot.com/2007/01/steve-rhatigan-from-president-councils.html

Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Steve Rhatigan from President Council's Gives Clay Aiken Response

Steve Rhatigan, a member of the President's Committee on People with Intellectual Disabilities, responded to my post about Clay Aiken being appointed to the committee...

read the rest at the link.

Lora
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2007, 04:25:46 AM »

Here is a myspace page where a guy likes Clay Aiken and Tony Bennett as a his second favorite music genre...and ROCK n ROLL is first! There is a "Clay Aiken" as a "friend"...

This is a quote from his page profile:

Second favorite genre is the crooning ballad genre, such as Tony Bennett and Clay Aiken. That's right, Clay Aiken!! And if you have a problem with that, you can go kiss it where the sun doesn't shine.

and also from his site:

Books Clay Aiken, Learning to Sing

There are some friends on there using Clay photos and clay references in their "name"... and he is a Cleveland Brown fan........living in Kansas. You may even recognize some other friends of this site.......I did.

Click if you are interested...scroll if you are not.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=4277271

Lora
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2007, 08:20:49 AM »

Some blogs worth reading regarding Clay's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel:

http://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/2007/02/now_i_love_clay_aiken_again.php

Now I Love Clay Aiken Again
Posted by Wm. Steven Humphrey at 04:15 PM

I’m not sure when or why I stopped liking CLAY AIKEN... but as of this appearance on The Jimmy Kimmel show from last night, he is now my absolute FAVE American Idol winner, as well as the recipient of the “Good Sport of the Year” award.
P.S. Not only do I want a recording of his love song to Jimmy, I MUST HAVE THAT T-SHIRT.

Read more at the link and see the video again.

And another:

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/clay-aiken-on-jimmy-kimmel-valentines-day/

Clay Aiken on Jimmy Kimmel - Valentine’s Day

I don’t know why, but I find it so amusing every time Clay Aiken visits The Jimmy Kimmel Show. I really don’t think Clay takes himself too seriously, and he knows that he’s the punchline to more than a few jokes. That’s why I think it’s always a good time when he comes on Kimmel, because he just has fun with it.

More video again..

check them out! Maybe even reply so they know we were reading!

Lora
clayniac4ver
Claymaniac

clayed on 5/27/08 on g105 yesterday

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2007, 10:27:40 AM »

i hope that clay will be okay come time for his christmas concert because there are a lot of dates where he'll be performing 3 days in a row

alyse

"faith has concered my fear since i got the album"

got clayed on the 13th of january on g105
clayniac4ver
Claymaniac

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2007, 11:03:24 AM »

clay will do great for the christmas tour

alyse

tiggergirl19
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2007, 01:03:55 PM »

Clay has his own blog on Myspace.  I think that the Myspace page for him is myspace.com/calyaiken, but I'm not sure right now, but I do get his blogs from there.
clayniac4ver
Claymaniac

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2007, 10:22:46 AM »

clay is a much better singer than josh grobin ever will be

alyse

jump 4 Jesus
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2007, 11:39:53 PM »

hey
I wanna ask... does anyone know what's clay blog?
thx
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2007, 05:10:06 AM »

hey
I wanna ask... does anyone know what's clay blog?
thx

It's on his Official site (which you must join and pay membership to read) : www.clayonline.com but you can read summaries here.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx