gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:53:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 164
Total: 164

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sunday Roundtable Discussion: Mandates  (Read 7833 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 12:21:01 AM »

It's too late to into the night for me to think about my own opinion, so I'll just WORD Deanna and Clandybigsmile

Cheater!  Laughing

All the posts are very interesting, and I enjoyed reading them all.  I'm awake, but that doesn't mean I should be writing a post at this hour..... Laughing so I'll be back tomorrow with some comments.

Except I have to say this: Deanna, you are NOT old!  Smile

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 07:03:11 AM »

Forgive me if I am straying from the main topic but just had to mention this.  Again this morning I have listened to a new recording from someone and have heard many new songs this past week.  First the songs were slow not rock, the vocalists was terrible in live performances yet they are not bombarded with negative remarks by critics.  I am starting to wonder if CLAY gets negative remarks from the critics as he is to good.  His songs, even the bad ones are better and as we all know he has perfect pitch and a fabulous voice.  I am afraid I don't get this whole music industry.  Why are they passing up the brilliant for the lousy?????????????

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 12:37:10 PM »

Pepe, there are many reasons, and none of them are good ones in my opinion.  Smile

I was trying to remember the whole timeline of "the wait." I remember Jaymes Foster came into the picture in the summer of last year, as executive producer, and it was exciting.  I remember researching exactly what an "executive producer" did, because I had no clue.  An executive producer wears many hats, as needed, but the primary responsibility is to help find or select the songs.  Other duties are to find musicians and songwriters, engineers and the other personnel needed to make a record.  I remember thinking Back for More was a fun song, but I was anxious to see what else they came up with, like.... that couldn't be the best they had.  I also remember an article from about this time last year, in which Clay said he had already recorded songs that would fit four or five different albums, and he mentioned several different genres, and "love songs" was one of them.  I remember that because I thought it intriguing since he had said he'd never been "in love" a while before, and I thought oooh....maybe he had fallen in love, since he said he wanted his second album to be songs that meant something to him. This is also when he said he was through recording, and made the comment that he would only record more songs if the theme was Mongolian polkas! I got the impression that the songs had been chosen, and recorded, and was basically done. Then I recall the interview in the Raleigh paper shortly after that, last December, in which he said something about wanting the respect of people he worked with, and that things were falling into place, and that he felt empowered. And finally, I remembered that he said several times he definitely wanted this CD to be more upbeat.  My hope at that time was that we would have an album of mostly new melodic pop songs with the theme of love hopefully by Valentine's Day.

Then came the bit in Entertainment Weekly, saying Clay was going into the studio in March of this year, to record his album.  Paranoid

Something changed. I have no idea what happened, only what Clay himself has said. If he said Clive mandated, then he did. He da man after all!   

Whatever happened, I have a beautiful CD, and even if I don't love every song, I appreciate the subtle stylizations and the more mature, intimate sound of it, if not the heavy handed instrumentation on some tracks, and I can appreciate the care that went into the production and especially the stylistic vocal choices that were made. It's funny that two of my favorites were written or cowritten by Clay. 

And I really, really, really can't wait for the next one.  Wink
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 02:05:26 PM »

PAMELA SAID--

It's funny that two of my favorites were written or cowritten by Clay.

And I really, really, really can't wait for the next one.  Wink

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx