gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:58:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 274
Total: 274

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Want to see a teaser for Clay's TV Guide Close Up??? *SPOILER*  (Read 6622 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: October 13, 2006, 10:21:24 AM »

Kimberly Caldwell introduces this short clip taken during Clay's last TV Guide cover shoot.  Clay talks about what he's done, where he's going, and who is driving the train...

Just this two and half minutes is a screen cappers delight!

The program airs next Saturday, Oct 21 on the TV Guide channel. The TVG channel is available on some cable and satellite services. Check your local listings for time and station.

Clay TV Guide Close Up

*thanks to Scott at MySpace!
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 10:35:02 AM »

Thank you Pamela!!!!!!!! 

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
cpnina
Clayamateur

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 11:03:35 AM »

awwww..........could I love our boyfriend any MORE?? Doubt it!!!!

hawtttt!!!!!! Flame Flame Flame

Penny
hopelessly devoted to Clay
and hopes she never gets over it!!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 02:57:16 PM »

PAMELA - THANKS, CHECKING IT OUT AS I WAIT TO DOWNLOAD.

HUGS
RAINEY
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 03:00:52 PM »

KIM CALLED HIM A SUPERSTAR.  YEP THAT IS RIGHT.   
et61
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 01:27:55 PM »

Thank you SO much. That was awesome! Super Happy!!!
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 01:44:21 PM »

That was cute, but wasn't that shot well over a year ago?  And BTW I really appreciate the new hair even more now.  ROFLMAO
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 09:02:05 PM »

The TV Guide cover shoot was last year, but the video has not been seen as far as I know. There is also supposed to be a new interview included, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 10:36:56 AM »

Did anybody see the TVG special?

The choice of Sam Rubin and Angela Peel as commentators was bizarro. Sam Rubin was on the desk when Clay visited KTLA the day after the CD signing and Kimmel Live.  He was nice to Clay, but I've also read his commentary when he isn't so nice.  And Angela Peel.... WTH?  Never heard of her, and had to go googling.  Evidently she was on Pop Stars the year before Idol 1.  Didn't make the cut either place. But, do you remember the Coke commercial last year, with the girl singing accapella?  That was Angela Peel. But that still doesn't explain why she was there. 

Anyway - to Clay.  Wow...what a difference a year makes.  In the photo shoot interview, he was all googly eyed still, not knowing why he has fans.  Cut to today.... so calm, cool, collected. Lookin good. Hangin in the Big Apple, giving people directions. 

I nearly fell over when they showed that old interview where he said the allegations are wrong.    No....really???? Loved how they used the old interview; and I wonder why they did that when such bastions of journalistic integrity (GMA, LKL) failed to do so.

I think he wants a talk show yo.  "Every Day" starring Clay Aiken!  Weekday afternoons at 4 pm! Whoops...that's when Oprah is on.  He wants it badly.  He said so.  And I would love to know why, because I don't watch talk shows unless he is on them!

So, while I would never get to watch him,  because I will (hopefully be working,)I hope he gets his wish.   

OH, one more thing - the "I don't always have to win" was such a wonderful thing to hear.  Maybe some over the top fans will chill now.   Smile

If you missed it, the special is airing three more times this week. 

04:00 PM  TVGC   TV Guide Close Up  Thu, Nov 2

09:00 PM  TVGC   TV Guide Close Up  Thu, Nov 2

12:00 AM  TVGC   TV Guide Close Up  Fri, Nov 3
ILClaymate
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 10:52:08 AM »

I posted this in the Clay discussion thread but some may not have seen it there so I'll repost!  Smile

I thought the TVGuide special was pretty good for the most part.  I thought it was good that they had done their homework and found that old interview where he clarified that the tabloid reports were all absurd/untrue.  They knew if they asked him that question in the new interview they would get the same answer as GMA and LKL.  And maybe they did ask him and edited it out and found the old footage.  I only knew Sam Rubin from when Clay was on KTLA a few weeks ago.  I didn't realize he hadn't always been nice to Clay.  Atleast it didn't seem to bother Clay when he was on KTLA with him.  I thought that Sam was fairly decent in his commentary.  I had never heard of Angela Peel but I didn't watch AI1 either but I guess from reading everyone's responses she wasn't well known anyway.  The most interesting part of the new interview for me was about the talk show and how he stressed SOOOO bad how he wanted one.  I really loved the part when he said "and I think I'm funny"....his facial expression cracked.me.up!  A new mission for me is to clip that part out and make it my next avie!    I re-wound that part over and over again!  I think a talk show would be great but I'm not sure doing this SOON would be a good career move....but what do I know!?  :grin  I think he would do a great job and we know he loves to talk.  I think even the working Clayfans will find a way to tape "Everyday with Clay" if need be or live off the daily Clack.  Thank goodness for Tivo's and DVR's! 

I would like to hear what everyone else thought as well.  If you didn't see it, you can download the entire episode by visiting our GOT CLACK? thread in Member's Corner.   As a sidenote for our guests or new members, our members can post requests for clack (videos, mp3, etc) in that thread and we will post the links to download.
showmethebunnie
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 04:22:50 AM »

I absolutely ADORE Clay, but he could never be successful as a talk show host until he learns to slow down his speech and talk more slowly!  It is very hard to understand him at times when he flits from topic to topic with his light Southern drawl.  I have been to several of his concerts (LOVED THEM) but found myself straining to hear what he was saying and understand his chatter.  Folks around me were also asking, "What did he just say?"  Please don't bash me on this... it's just my humble opinion.  He was EXCELLENT on Larry King Live... spoke clearly, distinctly and deliberately.  Not so on most other shows I've caught him on.  He races through conversations, barely taking time for a breath!  A good talk show host is not only able to connect with his audience but is able to be understood by ALL.  With practice and determination, I believe our man could learn to make his speech pattern more deliberate, if he truly feels called to host a talk show.  He has become a very mature, experienced, seasoned songster in the last two years... so he is quite capable of growing and improving if motivated.  I'm NOT saying he should change his speech, just slow it down a bit.  Personally, I think he would be ADORABLE on TV and would keep us all in stitches as he interviewed guests!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 12:27:45 PM »

Please don't bash me on this... it's just my humble opinion. 

Nobody is going to bash you here, no worries.  In fact, I'll bet some people just might agree with you. Wink

Personally, I think he would be ADORABLE on TV and would keep us all in stitches as he interviewed guests!

I totally agree.  Plus, there's that "every day" aspect to add to the mix.  Except.... the working girls would have to TIVO!  The clack gatherers would definitely be working overtime! Laughing

Welcome to Claymaniacs showmethebunnie! wave
tiggergirl19
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 03:16:51 AM »

T.V. Guide Channel is still reshowing this, but you have to be there when are showing it because they have ones about other people, besides Clay, and I recorded the one about Clay because you can never tell when they're going to stop showing things like that. bigsmile
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx