gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:25:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 310
Total: 310

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WELCOME NFL FOOTBALL FANS  (Read 61743 times)
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2008, 05:36:30 AM »

PRISSY, Congrats on the Cowboy's win!!!!!  Exciting game, fun to watch!!! Your Cowboys are 3 and 0 and the Detroit Lions are 0 and 3!!!!!!!!!  This is normal for the Detroit Lions they will build a huge new stadium for millions but will never pay for a decent quarterback!! 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2008, 05:39:30 AM »

Cincinnati lost their Sunday game against the New York Giants. The game was very close, 23-20, so it wasn't a total domination. It was the first game this season Cincinnati shown life with offense and defense but they're 0-3 as a result of this third straight loss as are the Cleveland Browns.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2008, 04:35:53 PM »

DALLAS COWBOYS LOSE THEIR FOURTH SEASON GAME TO THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS 26 TO 24   

COWBOYS ARE 3 AND 1 FOR THE SEASON.

The first quarter went fast with no score; (EDIT: the Cowboys did score a touchdown before the first quarter ended.) then finally the scores went back and forth.  The Cowboys seemed to come alive at the end of the game with a drive that went quickly and ended in a touchdown.  Too bad the Cowboys didn't have an extra field goal this game.  They could have won by 1 point. doh  Washington really played the better game. 

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2008, 04:44:11 PM »

Just like a broken record...Cincinnati lost their fourth game...so now they're 0-4. They lost against Cleveland. This, I believe, is the first time under the Marvin Lewis era that the team has been this bad. Lewis is the coach for those who do not know. I just finished watching the Cowboys-Redskins game. The Cowboys ran out of time-outs and couldn't stop the clock during the last 5 minutes or so. Cincinnati used all of their time-outs as well but they weren't really into the game so it wasn't a tight game at all. The night game on NBC is Chicago Bears...they start around 8:30 Ohio time. 

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #204 on: November 23, 2008, 01:07:33 PM »

Cincinnati doesn't play today. They lost their Thursday night game with the Steelers and so Cincinnati is 1-10-1. The previous game with the Eagles ended in a tie. The Eagles as of now are trailing 29-7. In a move that was unprecedented, the Eagles took McNabb out of the game after the first half...marking the first time in his career at Philadelphia that he was benched. Tennessee hits a sour note today, losing against the New York Jets. The Titans of Tennessee had been undefeated, 10-0, but now they're 10-1. I'm watching the last of the Eagles and Ravens game...then the Giants and Cardinals come on afterward.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #205 on: November 23, 2008, 01:31:10 PM »

DALLAS COWBOYS WIN THEIR ELEVENTH SEASON GAME OVER THE SAN FRANCISCO 49'ERS, 35 TO 22   

COWBOYS ARE 7 AND 4 FOR THE SEASON.

We have not been on this site for a few weeks and the Cowboys have had some injuries including Tony Romo and lost 4 games.  Tony is back now.  At one point this game had a 29 to 6 spread.  The 49'ers were starting to come back!

ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #206 on: November 27, 2008, 11:30:52 AM »

Thanksgiving Turkey can certainly describe the CBS football game...the Detroit Lions trail the Tennessee Titans 35-10 at half-time. I am hoping the second game on FOX between the Eagles and Cowboys will be way more competitive. There was a funny segment during the CBS half-time show. One of the panelists, Shannon Sharpe, appeared as "The Unknown Tight-End" with a paper sack on his head, parodying the Unknown Comic, in response to the kind of game being played between the Lions and Titans Laughing Laughing

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #207 on: November 27, 2008, 10:17:19 PM »

DALLAS COWBOYS WIN THEIR TWELFTH SEASON GAME OVER THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 34 TO 9   

COWBOYS ARE 8 AND 4 FOR THE SEASON.

This game was played on Thanksgiving Day, and I watched a lot of it, but spent time visiting with friends, too, so I missed some important plays!  Marion Barber was injured and left the second half.

The Cowboys must win their next several games to stay in the running for the play offs!

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #208 on: November 27, 2008, 10:21:26 PM »

Here is a link to the NFL standings for all professional teams:

http://www.nfl.com/standings

ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #209 on: November 30, 2008, 11:41:21 AM »

Half-time during the Bengals-Ravens game. Cincinnati is trailing 13-3. They scored their only field goal during the closing seconds of the first half. Prior to the final drive of the first half, Cincinnati had a total of 20 yards of offense throughout the entire game, which is not too great. I don't think they will win this game, though, but they could make it close. Pittsburgh and New England air at 4pm and I can't wait for that...two teams that have famous defense and offense. The Sunday night game is Chicago.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2008, 01:29:04 PM »

Well, Cincinnati lost the game today with Indianapolis. They lost the previous game with Baltimore as well. At the moment i'm watching the Cowboys-Steelers game.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2008, 08:36:33 PM »

DALLAS COWBOYS LOSE THEIR THIRTEENTH SEASON GAME TO THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS 20 TO 13   

COWBOYS ARE 8 AND 5 FOR THE SEASON.

The Steelers scored first with a field goal and then just before the half ended the Cowboys had a field goal, so 3 to 3.  Then the Cowboys made a touchdown and it was 13 to 3 for a while.  The Steelers came back to win the game.  I really felt like once the Cowboys were ahead the offense stopped playing.  They would make a few plays then kick the ball away.  The Cowboys defense had to play really hard and I bet they were exhausted by the time the game was over.

VERY FRUSTRATING pull hair

ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #212 on: December 14, 2008, 10:35:48 AM »

Amazingly, near the end of the first quarter, Cincinnati is leading the Washington Redskins 14-0. Paranoid If Washington loses, they won't make the post-season.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #213 on: December 14, 2008, 11:44:23 AM »

AC,

If the Cowboys lose this evening against the Giants, I may be looking for a new team to root for!! eek!

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #214 on: December 14, 2008, 09:21:44 PM »

DALLAS COWBOYS WIN THEIR FOURTEENTH SEASON GAME TO THE NY GIANTS, 20 TO 8   

COWBOYS ARE 9 AND 5 FOR THE SEASON.

The Cowboys Defense was outstanding again this week and Eli Manning had to endure lots of sacks.  The Defense held the Giants Offense to only two field goals, and Tony Romo was sacked in the end zone for a safety.

The Cowboys are still in it!  Two more games:  Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #215 on: December 14, 2008, 09:58:45 PM »

Cincinnati won their game against Washington 20-10 I believe was the final score. I fell asleep a couple of times during the Steelers and Ravens game...when I couldn't stay awake any longer the score was 6-3...a field goal contest...it was a high-energy game but my energy was gone Yes!

The Dallas game looked like a blow-out going by the re-cap and the score posted here... 20-8. Next Sunday Cincinnati plays Kansas City...It would be nice if Cincinnati goes out on a mini winning streak and end up 4-11-1

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #216 on: December 28, 2008, 12:58:04 AM »

Cincinnati finishes out their season today against the Kansas City Chiefs. Cincinnati is on a mini-winning streak and could possibly end the season 4-11-1 which is a bit better than what the local sports critics were predicting...i'm a bit nervous about next season. Carson Palmer returns as the quarterback and I hope, hope, hope that he lives up to all the hype and expectations from the critics who screamed "if Carson were in there, the team would have a better standing than what they have". Maybe...but from what I saw, his receivers weren't catching his passes with much accuracy...and some blame the elbow factor but I blame the receiver factor of dropped passes. We shall see what happens today. The post-season should be interesting...a lot of low-ranked teams are in the play-off's because of some NFL rules. 

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
woodstock2
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!"

« Reply #217 on: December 28, 2008, 01:16:48 AM »

Santa wave AC!!!
I see someone else is up late late like me.  I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep.
DA BEARS play Houston today.  If the Bears win and Minnesota loses, then the Bears win their division.  That's not likely, but one never knows, especially when teams are motivated.  If Minnesota wins, they are the winner of the division, and it would be hard for the Bears to get in the playoffs, although there is some way...so and so would have to lose, I forget which teams.  So I will have my fingers crossed  Fingers Crossed  for the Bears and watching anxiously.   
I wish good luck to all your teams!!!
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #218 on: December 28, 2008, 07:29:31 AM »

DALLAS COWBOYS LOSE THEIR FIFTEENTH SEASON GAME TO THE BALTIMORE RAVENS 33 TO 24   

COWBOYS ARE 9 AND 6 FOR THE SEASON.

Last game: Dec 20, Baltimore Ravens 33 - Dallas Cowboys 24
Next game: @ Philadelphia Eagles, Dec 28 4:15pm ET

Cowboys played a dismal game against the Ravens.  One of their worse yet!!  If they lose against Philadelphia today, they are out and no chance for a play off game.  They have been very inconsistent this season.  Winning against some of the better teams and losing against some of the poorer teams! 

ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #219 on: December 28, 2008, 09:28:30 AM »

Hello Prissy and Woodstock!! 40 minutes until kick-off...

Prissy: If Dallas wins they'll have a 10-6 record. That's not too shabby but it was one of the records that was being picked at because some feel teams who have 14-2 or 13-3 seasons, mainly seasons where teams win well over 10 games deserve to be in the play-off's because some teams that win a lot don't make it while other teams, because of their division make-up, win less but get in.

I think teams should enjoy the post-season more than they've been...it shouldn't always be the upper-tier teams going to the play-off's because the case can always be made that the owners bought their way into the play-off's and so I like seeing teams that don't have the glitter and the attention or a blow-out win/loss record get in because of wild cards and other things...for a lot of teams, post season playing gives them a national stage. Hopefully Cincinnati is in this position in 2009.

**UPDATE**

Cincinnati at the moment is leading 10-0 against the Chiefs.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx