gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:56:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WELCOME NFL FOOTBALL FANS  (Read 61687 times)
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« on: October 09, 2006, 04:17:53 AM »

WELCOME NFL FOOTBALL FANS!!!!!

I see so many of you cheering on your favorite football team on the weekends, that I thought it would be fun have a thread to discuss the latest scores and standings, and brag about your favorite team....or commiserate together.

Being from Chicago, I have always been a Chicago Bears fan.  Even through the lean years.  I very much remember their exciting '85-'86 season, ending in their blow-out SuperBowl victory.  They have had many ups and downs since then, but the beginning of this season has been a Bears fan's dream. 

With their wonderful victory against Buffalo 40-7 yesterday, the Bears start the season 5-0.  Their young quarterback has been very impressive, as their passing game has been, even though they are known as a running team.  Their kicker has made all 17 field goal attempts this season.  Everything seems to be going right.  Their hard work is paying off...and it is a joy to watch them each week!!  I can hardly wait for the next game!!! 

Can't wait to hear who you have been watching!!!
Woodstock

P.S. I wonder if Clay likes football.   Wink

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 05:39:33 AM »

Hello!

Thanks, Woody, for this thread.

I am from TX, and I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan.  I'm not really that much into football, but I've always cheered for the Cowboys and been excited to see them go to the Superbowl.  I remember the years with Roger Staubach and Drew Pearson and, of course, Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith and that dapper coach, Tom Landry.  Hopefully, "America's Team" will recapture the glory they once had.

GO COWBOYS! 

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 07:45:37 AM »

I started to be a football fan five years ago when I lived in Tennessee.  The TENNESSEE TITANS were really hot at that  time with Steve McNair as quarterback and Eddie George as running back.  Great team!!  Than two years ago they started letting all their good players go in other words they tore it a part.  The past two years I have been a New England Patriot fan and cheered them on!  I guess I am what you call a fickle football fan as this year the CHICAGO BEARS have captivated my heart and my attention with their fearless young quarterback Grosseman, the defensive line and their star kicker.  But I have to tell you my heart will always belong to BIG TOM BRADY!!!!!!!!!!! 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 08:29:09 AM »

wave I've been a football fan for quite a few years. 1992 was the year i started to really watch football...yes, it was the Cincinnati Bengals Laughing At the time Dave Schula was the head coach, the son of Don Schula, the former Miami Dolphins head coach. I had just missed catching the end of the Sam Wyche era as it's been called in Cincinnati. I believe Wyche was the head coach from 1984-1991? The Bengals had always been my grandfather's favorite football team and so i gravitated toward the Bengals. I used to not watch football, though. I watch just about any NFL game that is on Sunday afternoons that is carried on my local channels. The Bengals...of course!! I also catch the other game as well.

The very first football game i went to i never appreciated it Laughing It was the early 1980's and Forrest Gregg was the head coach of the Bengals and the team was at the end of their long-streak of winning seasons, too. A lot of their players were becoming side-line coaches or sports broadcasters...one of their former players, Mike Reid, is a hit songwriter in Nashville. Boomer Esiason is one of the celebrated alumni, a national sports broadcaster now...but was the quarterback in the late '80s and into the mid '90s. Cris Collinsworth is another alumni of the Bengals...he is perhaps the most celebrated as he has spent his post-football days on the radio and on TV...mostly a TV commentator now but i used to listen some nights to his local sports radio show on WLW in Cincinnati. Bob Trumpy and Dave Lapham are both local celebrities/broadcasters that were former Bengals players.

The picture you see is a Bengals logo of course...the other pic is their stadium in Cincinnati. Named for the late originator of the team, Paul Brown. His son, Mike, is the head honcho of sorts down there when it comes to the Bengals. Paul Brown's other football team is, of course, the Cleveland Browns. How many people knew that? Smile

The Bengals loss 2 weeks ago has given them a 3-1 record so far...i hope that is their ONLY loss...but again, i hope when it's all said and done they are play-off bound where there final games mean something Yes!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Bams Girl
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 11:32:32 AM »

ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 08:18:26 AM »

REGULAR SEASON
Date   Game    Time (Network)
Thursday, Sept. 7   Miami at Pittsburgh   8:30 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Sept. 10    Indianapolis at N.Y. Giants   8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, Sept. 11    Minnesota at Washington   7 p.m. (ESPN)
    San Diego at Oakland   10:15 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Sept. 17    Washington at Dallas   8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, Sept. 18   Pittsburgh at Jacksonville   8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Sept. 24    Denver at New England   8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, Sept. 25    Atlanta at New Orleans   8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Oct. 1    Seattle at Chicago   8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, Oct. 2    Green Bay at Philadelphia   8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Oct. 8   Pittsburgh at San Diego   8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, Oct. 9   Baltimore at Denver   8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Oct. 15    Oakland at Denver   8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, Oct. 16   Chicago at Arizona   8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Monday, Oct. 23   N.Y. Giants at Dallas   8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Oct. 29    Dallas at Carolina   8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, Oct. 30   New England at Minnesota   8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Nov. 5    Indianapolis at New England   8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, Nov. 6   Oakland at Seattle   8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Nov. 12    To be determined   8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, Nov. 13   Tampa Bay at Carolina   8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Nov. 19   To be determined   8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, Nov. 20   N.Y. Giants at Jacksonville   8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Thursday, Nov. 23   Denver at Kansas City   8 p.m. (NFL Network)
Sunday, Nov. 26    To be determined   8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, Nov. 27    Green Bay at Seattle   8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Thursday, Nov. 30    Baltimore at Cincinnati   8 p.m. (NFL Network)
Sunday, Dec. 3    To be determined   8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, Dec. 4   Carolina at Philadelphia   8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Thursday, Dec. 7    Cleveland at Pittsburgh   8 p.m. (NFL Network)
Sunday, Dec. 10    To be determined   8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, Dec. 11    Chicago at St. Louis   8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Thursday, Dec. 14    San Francisco at Seattle   8 p.m (NFL Network)
Saturday, Dec. 16    Dallas at Atlanta   8 p.m. (NFL Network)
Sunday, Dec. 17   To be determined   8:15 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, Dec. 18    Cincinnati at Indianapolis   8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Thursday, Dec. 21   Minnesota at Green Bay   8 p.m. (NFL Network)
Saturday, Dec. 23    Kansas City at Oakland   8 p.m. (NFL Network)
Monday, Dec. 25    N.Y. Jets at Miami   8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Saturday, Dec. 30    N.Y. Giants at Washington   8 p.m. (NFL Network)
Sunday, Dec. 31    To be determined   8:15 p.m. (NBC)

NFL

THAT ONLY SHOWS THE NATIONAL SCHEDULE ON NBC AND ESPN! IT DOESN'T SHOW, OF COURSE, ALL OF THE LOCAL CHANNELS FROM COAST TO COAST THAT AIRS FOOTBALL GAMES. I SEE CINCINNATI WILL BE ON ESPN ON MONDAY NIGHT, DECEMBER 18th. I WON'T BE CATCHING THAT GAME OBVIOUSLY BECAUSE OF WORK. BRRRRR, I DON'T WANNA THINK OF MORE COLD WEATHER bigsmile

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 08:01:06 PM »

THE DALLAS COWBOYS BEAT HOUSTON TODAY! 

wheee wheee wheee wheee wheee

woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 09:51:36 AM »

I was gone last weekend and didn't get a chance to post.

I am so happy to hear about all your favorite teams!!!

AC - Thanks for posting the schedule!!!

I MUST say that the Bears really surprised me last week.  I do not get ESPN (we have very limited cable...have ESPN2, though  ) so I couldn't watch the game, but I listened to parts of it on Chicago radio. When they were losing 23-10 in the 4th quarter, I guess I kinda gave up.  I am embarrassed to say so.  But a loss every now and then humbles a team, and can help them in the long run.

When they pulled off the victory, it made me start to really believe they can go far.  The sign of true champions are the individuals or teams that can stay focused, never give up, and come from behind when needed.  They certainly did that, after a terrible first half.

My only regret is that I have heard some of the players talk about the SuperBowl in interviews, and it is far too early for that.

And...I wish football playoffs were more like baseball.  You lose one game and you're gone.  Everyone can have a bad game.  I wish it was the best of 3, or something like that.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!!!
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 09:54:50 AM »

P.S. I see the Bears have a Bye week this week.  What am I going to do?!?!?!  I guess I'll put up Halloween decorations, instead.   Wink
Woodstock

HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 10:13:05 AM »

Big Old Dallas Cowboy fan here! Ever since I was a little girl, sitting at my aunts house for Thanksgiving Dinner...prepared and ready to be served AROUND the Cowboys game! Posters of Charlie Waters on the wall...memorabilia all around. I have been life long- yet always have lived in the Ohio/Indiana/Michigan area!

We still prepare Thanksgiving in my home around game time..and last year AND this year- Christmas travels too!
Honestly- due to work schedules and Cowboy schedule, we are staying home for Christmas this year and visiting family the weekend after.

I have traveled to Dallas a couple of years ago to see them play and toured the stadium..stood Right On the STAR!! I have been to Detroit, Cincinnatti, Cleveland, and Tennesee just to see them play when I could!

We went to the Troy Aikman, Rayfield Wright Hall of Fame induction this year in Canton! Awesome!! I have some fabulous pictures from games and player meetings!

My favorite is me and my husband with TONY ROMO's(Current backup and hopefully future starting QB) arm around me. (We make a cute couple! Laughing)- My husband and I have met Jason Witten in person also. We have many player signatures on balls and photos from waiting and watching for them before games. We have stayed twice now, at the Players Hotel and have traveled with the Cowboy Touchdown Travel Club!

We have so much Cowboy stuff, our basement is done in both their colors and memorabilia!

When I met my husband 22 years ago, I knew it was true love. Another lifelong Cowboy fan right in my hometown...

So..this coming Monday Night- my rival 16 year old son's Team, the New York Giants play MY Team, the Dallas Cowboys! Don't anyone call...

it's like when Clay's on TV...we don't answer the phone!!

Lora

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 11:49:07 AM »

Woodstock; Prissy; and Lora wave

I agree about the football play-off's. There needs to be a better play-off system for football. There are too many good teams that have respectable records of wins over losses that don't make it because of mathematics or they lost one game to a specific ranked team and therefore all sights of the play-offs were grim. Last year, just because Cincinnati lost to Pittsburgh in a play-off game...that was it...done and over with as far as Cincinnati goes...so there should be more than one play-off game in football.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 01:45:40 PM »

DA BEARS beat San Francisco 41-10!!!!!    They are now 7-0.  All of their points came in the first half.  They played flawless football the first half.  I didn't see the 2nd half, but I taped it.  I hope they can keep this going!!!

Hope your favorite team did well, too!!!
Woodstock

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 01:51:23 AM »

After a loss last week to the Giants, the Dallas Cowboys came back big time last night to beat Carolina, 35 to 14.  I think they broke a record for the most points scored in the fourth quarter!!

Cheer! Cheer! Cheer! Cheer! Cheer! Cheer! Cheer! Cheer!

GO COWBOYS! 

ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 03:16:34 AM »

Woodstock!! Oh how it must feel to be 7-0 Smile.

Prissy!! wave

Well, my Bengals played well yesterday but Michael Vick's slippery nature on the field as a fluid quarterback enabled the Falcons to beat my team 29-27. Therfore, Cincinnati is 4-3 and face the Baltimore Ravens and that is a team in their own division and so that game is a must-win even in this early stage of the season. There was an impressive touchdown late in the 4th quarter by Cincinnati that caused the score to become 29-27 and i felt there would be some sort of miracle again BUT after Cincinnati lost possession of the football, the Falcons did what any team would do, run the clock out and that was that...Cincinnati got the ball back with less than a minute to go and everything crashed down and Carson Palmer was sacked, something that had been prevented throughout the entire game. So, Cincinnati is 4-3...they need to play smarter football as a lot of us have grown so used to and not worry about racking up tons and tons of points because if that's in the forefront, then the basic's are lost.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 03:26:40 PM »

Cry!   Cry!   Cry!   Cry!   Cry!   Cry!

THE COWYBOYS LOST TO THE REDSKINS TODAY 22 TO 19.  THERE WAS A TIE AT THE END, 19 TO 19, BUT THE COWBOYS LOST THE BALL ON AN ATTEMPTED FIELD GOAL, THE REDSKINS RECOVERED  IT AND THEY KICKED THE WINNING FIELD GOAL.

HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 05:29:07 PM »

THE COWYBOYS LOST TO THE REDSKINS TODAY 22 TO 19.  THERE WAS A TIE AT THE END, 19 TO 19, BUT THE COWBOYS LOST THE BALL ON AN ATTEMPTED FIELD GOAL, THE REDSKINS RECOVERED  IT AND THEY KICKED THE WINNING FIELD GOAL.

Ditto!! Cry! Cry! Cry!

Except Prissy is nice and I am ticked!!! A few choice words came from my mouth when all was said and done.

Cowboys didn't lose, they handed the game to them by having too many stupid penalties!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Tony Romo looked Good!!!!!!!!

We will get em next week!

Lora
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2006, 08:46:33 AM »

AFTER A LOSS TO THE RAVENS LAST WEEK...I AM HOPING CINCINNATI CAN TURN THINGS AROUND TODAY WHEN THEY GO UP AGAINST THE CHARGERS OF SAN DIEGO. I AM A LITTLE WORRIED BECAUSE IT's WEST COAST FOOTBALL AND CINCINNATI ISN'T EXACTLY IN THAT DIVISION. THE RAVENS GAME LAST WEEK WAS A MUST-WIN BECAUSE BALTIMORE IS IN THE DIVISION WITH CINCINNATI, PITTSBURGH, AND CLEVELAND

AFC East:
New England   
N.Y. Jets   
Buffalo   
Miami   

AFC North:
Baltimore   
Cincinnati   
Cleveland   
Pittsburgh   

AFC South:
Indianapolis   
Jacksonville
Houston      
Tennessee

AFC West:
Denver   
San Diego   
Kansas City
Oakland   

NFC East:
N.Y. Giants   
Dallas   
Philadelphia   
Washington

NFC North:
Chicago   
Minnesota   
Green Bay   
Detroit   

NFC South:
New Orleans   
Atlanta   
Carolina   
Tampa Bay      

NFC West:
Seattle   
St. Louis   
San Francisco   
Arizona

I EDITED IN THOSE DIVISIONS SO WE CAN HAVE A REFERENCE TO LOOK AT!! WHILE ALL GAMES ARE IMPORTANT, THE REALLY, REALLY IMPORTANT GAMES ARE THE ONES THAT ARE PLAYED BY TEAMS THAT ARE WITHIN THE SAME DIVISION. SUCH AS BALTIMORE AND CINCINNATI LAST WEEKEND.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2006, 01:51:47 PM »

POST FOOTBALL GAME CHECK-IN! CINCINNATI, DESPITE THE EXCELLENT START, LOST THE GAME, 41-49. NOW THEY ARE 4-5 ON THE SEASON. I GOTTA KEEP TELLING MYSELF IT's JUST A FOOTBALL GAME. A LOT OF HEART POUNDING AND A WIDE RANGE OF EMOTIONS WITH A GAME LIKE THAT! THE CRITICAL MOMENT OF THE GAME WAS THE INABILITY TO STOP THE CHARGERS IN THE 3rd QUARTER WHEN THEIR OFFENSE STARTED SHOWING LIFE. IN SPITE OF THE BENGALS ANSWERING WITH POINTS OF THEIR OWN, IN THE END IT WAS A FEW MISSED TACKLES AND CARSON PALMER, THE BENGALS QUARTERBACK, DID HAVE A FUMBLE AND THAT YOU COULD SAY ALLOWED THE CHARGERS TO SCORE OFF THE TURN-OVER TO TAKE THE LEAD, 42-38, AT THE TIME. CINCINNATI GOT A 3 POINT FIELD GOAL MAKING IT 42-41 UNTIL THE FINAL MINUTES OF THE 4th WHEN SAN DIEGO GOT A TOUCHDOWN, 49-41 WAS THE FINAL SCORE.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2006, 08:51:32 PM »

Cheer! Cheer! Cheer! Cheer! Cheer! Cheer!

THE COWBOYS BEAT THE CARDINALS FROM ARIZONA THIS AFTERNOON!

27 to 10

Emmitt Smith and his dancing partner, Cheryl Burke, made a brief appearance during the game!!

It's starting to seem like the Cowboys win one, lose one, win one, lose one, etc. etc. 

GO COWBOYS!

ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2006, 10:51:03 AM »

THE BENGALS PLAY THE SAINTS TODAY...THE GAME IS TAKING PLACE RIGHT NOW. AS OF NOW, THE GAME IS TIED 7-7. THE DEFENSE OF BOTH TEAMS ARE ON TARGET, CAUSING THE LOW SCORE. THEY'RE JUST NOW STARTING THE SECOND QUARTER.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx