gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:20:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 139
Total: 139

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I have a bone to pick  (Read 6707 times)
Michael
« on: September 28, 2006, 02:51:06 PM »

Our website is the #1 fansite right behind his official website,  yet we never get recognized.  I have seen numerous articles and stories in the media calling clay fans everything from "Claymates" to "Clayniacs".  What happened to Claymaniacs?  I believe this term of endearment is hardly if ever used and I have no clue why.

Just my 2 cents....

Michael
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 03:37:16 PM »

I agree!  So what can be done about some PR for our group?   I just went to a CD release party here in the Pittsburgh area.  There were people from different boards like the Clayboard and the OFC.  I don't think there was another Claymaniac there, but I definitely told them that's where I spend my time.

I guess Claymate is just one term that's easy to remember.  Well, I'll do what I can to spread our name!!

Debbie
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 08:53:32 PM »

I just went to a CD release party here in the Pittsburgh area.  There were people from different boards like the Clayboard and the OFC.  I don't think there was another Claymaniac there, but I definitely told them that's where I spend my time

Hey! Did you forget me? I was the crazy woman taking hundreds of pictures and running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Laughing

Michael - It does make you wonder, huh? I've seen Claymaniacs mentioned in several articles and Clay did acknowledged us in one of the tour books. Sure wish I had an answer for you.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 04:40:24 AM »

Maybe we need to be more "Maniacal" to be recognized?

Maybe YOU can trademark the name, ClayManiac?? (if not already done)

Maybe we should write a book and sell it on the internet! All of  us"Blue hairs" gathered in one spot, photos and all!!! (Blue hair, my butt!!)

Maybe use one or more of the "Fan Site" montages that have been made, upon the opening of the site main page...with Clays music as a background. Offer a link to open that montage to see who the  posters here are. I don't think that has been done on other sites! Maybe give credibility to the "Names without faces". Add those names, photos as new members join, if they choose to.

I cringe also when I see Clayniac. I don't cringe when I see reference to  "ClayNation" and "ClayMates". I liken it to being "Americans" in the "United States", but ClayManiacs are members of the states of that nation! (Like "Ohioans or "Buckeyes" as an example)

Maybe you should call Roger, his number IS on the internet, and give him Permission to use the name-- that you want it used!

Maybe I should just go get in the shower.

Lora
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 02:13:23 PM »

I just voted for Claymaniacs for 4TH ANNUAL CLAYMMY AWARDS/WEBSITES and we only have 107 votes. Cry! Cry!

Maybe we could get some more recognition if we won there.

So, I am here to beg our members to vote for us[shameful begging].

I have seen a couple of articles with Claymaniacs mentioned, but I agree with Michael-I would love to see it more often!  bigsmile

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 04:04:37 PM »

I voted - but there are still only 119 votes. I talk about this site all of the time on our State site - several members have visited, but some think it is a difficult site to maneuver (since I've been here almost from the beginning - lurked for months before I joined - I didn't realize that anyone would have problems getting around the site).

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 04:10:11 PM »

ME TOO I VOTED AS WELL!!!

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 11:32:53 PM »

I voted too.  It's up to 189.
Anita
SuperFan

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 05:00:40 AM »

We are at 210 now ..I voted  Purple Banana

I Believe -  Our background and  circumstances may influence who we are,but we are responsible for who we become
ILClaymate
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 06:53:30 AM »

Great job guys!  I voted also.  I noticed there is another website already with over 1500 votes.  eek!
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 01:38:17 PM »

I voted, too.  We're in the 300's now.

As for being recognized or known in the ClayNation, I think it depends where you're looking.  I've read articles where the fans were called Claymaniacs.  I've seen our name on Clay's tourbooks (which I thought was SUPER cool!) and I've been approached at concerts by people who knew me from our board.

Then again - that last part may just be because I'm obnoxious.   Laughing

Clay knows we're here.  And that's awesome.

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 01:49:22 PM »

Is that why people recognize me too?  Paranoid Crap!

Anyway, I promoted our board in LA and hopefully more people will be dropping by! 

And I voted several times for us.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
ILClaymate
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006, 09:09:16 PM »

Well, atleast Clay himself is promoting CLAYMANIACS on ET this weekend!    Thanks Clay!

CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2006, 08:24:50 AM »

Is that why people recognize me too?  Paranoid Crap!

Anyway, I promoted our board in LA and hopefully more people will be dropping by! 

And I voted several times for us.

WE HAVE OVER 5500 MEMBERS- PERHAPS IF WE PROVIDED A LINK AND ASKED ALL MEMBERS TO VOTE AT LEAST ONCE, IT WOULD HELP US OUT!

AND CLAY DID MENTION US ON ET!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2006, 08:58:55 AM »

I VOTED TOO.  IT IS UP TO 350. 

CLANDY - YOU ARE RIGHT WE HAVE THOUSANDS OF MEMBERS.  CAN WE VOTE MORE THAN ONCE.
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2006, 09:00:23 AM »

ITS LETTING ME VOTE MORE THAN ONCE.   Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2006, 09:09:54 AM »

I see that others got to watch ET last night, too - we have the Ultimate Recognition - Clay knows we are here!  Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana I agree that we need to make a concentrated effort to get all members to vote - if everyone voted just once, that would be great!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
ILClaymate
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 10:45:22 AM »

WE HAVE OVER 5500 MEMBERS- PERHAPS IF WE PROVIDED A LINK AND ASKED ALL MEMBERS TO VOTE AT LEAST ONCE, IT WOULD HELP US OUT!

AND CLAY DID MENTION US ON ET!!

There is a link in our banner which has been there for a few days.  Here is another link for those who missed it before.  claymaniacs rocks

VOTE FOR CLAYMANIACS HERE!

Also, as Lorraine mentioned you CAN vote more than once. 
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 03:26:01 PM »

Maybe we need to be more "Maniacal" to be recognized?

Please....no!

I just saw this thread - and wanted to let Michael and everyone else know that we are actually mentioned in the media a fair amount.  To be honest, not every mention of "Claymate" in the news is a complimentary one.  But I am proud to say that as far as I can recall, every mention of "Claymaniacs" as fans in the legitimate media has been respectable.

And magically, I just downloaded the ET bit this afternoon and .... thanks Clay!

Then, I came across a review that begins...

Don't call it a comeback — and don't call it a retreat, either. Actually, it's hard to know what to call A Thousand Different Ways, Clay Aiken's second proper album, endlessly delayed and long-awaited, at least by the hoards of fans enthusiastically calling themselves Claymaniacs, of which there are many. There were enough Claymaniacs to make the American Idol season two runner-up one of the two biggest stars the show has produced to date — the other, of course, being Kelly Clarkson — propelling his debut album, Measure of a Man, to number one upon its 2003 release.

So geez Michael.... do you have some kind of special powers we don't know about yet?  One little post and all of a sudden we get two mentions in two days! hypnotic
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 09:54:22 AM »

I just voted - the Claymaniacs count is up to 640

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx