gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:27:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: After the release of ATDW, and the addition of 2 bonus tracks, have you changed your mind on your favorite song?
Right Here Waiting - 0 (0%)
Lonely No More - 4 (7.7%)
Without You - 3 (5.8%)
Every Time You Go Away - 0 (0%)
Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word - 0 (0%)
When I See You Smile - 1 (1.9%)
A Thousand Days - 4 (7.7%)
Everything I Do (I Do it For You) - 1 (1.9%)
Because You Loved Me - 4 (7.7%)
I Want to Know What Love Is - 3 (5.8%)
These Open Arms - 1 (1.9%)
Here You Come Again - 4 (7.7%)
Everything I Have - 1 (1.9%)
Broken Wing - 4 (7.7%)
If You Don't Know Me By Now - 2 (3.8%)
Lover All Alone - 20 (38.5%)
Total Voters: 37

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD's out!!! Have you changed your mind?  (Read 7831 times)
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« on: September 24, 2006, 06:21:03 PM »

Okay, Maniacs!!  It's finally here - the CD we've been waiting for, counting down the days for!  The one we picketed RCA for, the one we tied ourselves to the bumper of Clive Davis's car for and demanded he either give us a CD or he'd just have to drag us to death ...

Paranoid

Okay, maybe those last two were just me...

And Philly!  (That's right, PhillyGirl.  I saw you chaining yourself to the front doors at RCA wearing only the following words in body paint:  CLAY AIKEN CD NOW OR THAT STUPID DOG ON THE PHONOGRAPH GETS IT!!!!" ) 

She's a real lunatic, people!!!   Yes!

But the point is, it's here, and it's FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!    wheee  (In my opinion, anyway.   Wink)

Like everyone else, I've listened to it over and over and over .... and it seems like I notice something new in at least one song everytime I hear it.  Something I missed before.

And no one was more surprised than me when I found opinions on the CD changing.  The song that I had thought was my favorite turns out to be.  And there were a couple of songs I thought I didn't like so much or was disappointed in.  Everything I Do (I Do it For You) for example.  When I first heard it, I was bummed out because it wasn't what I'd anticipated.

But now it's one of my favorites!

The more I listen to Lover All Alone and Everything I Have - the more amazing and enchanting they become.

So I realize that my opinions have really changed since I actually got the CD in my Clay-starved hands.  Turns out that I Want to Know What Love Is is my favorite!  (Who'd have guessed?   Laughing)  The sound of it, especially on the chorus, just mezmerizes me, and I find myself listening to the song over and over again.

I guess that must mean it's my favorite.   ROFLMAO

So how about the rest of you?  Did you find yourself changing your mind as you listened to the CD more and more?  Or do you stand by your original vote?

Well ... *taps foot* ... I'm waiting...   

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 06:28:20 PM »

SORRY I TOOK SO LONG!!

ACTUALLY MY FAVORITE SONG IS NOT EVEN ON THE CD

Lover All Alone------HEARTWRENCHING AND BEAUTIFUL- GRAMMY FOR SURE
TOO BAD IT MAY NOT QUALIFY

ON THE CD ITSELF?  Lonely No More

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Hawk282
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 06:32:10 PM »

so.....

when i update my itunes account with a new card....I'M BUYING THE CD JUST FOR LOVER ALL ALONE!!!!

i've heard it and it's just the most beautiful thing i've ever heard.

on the cd, i love These Open Arms....but it kinda changes everytime i listen to the cd....but i like Broken Wings too...
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 06:33:03 PM »

SHHHH KRISSYPOO.. I FINALLY GOT THE REMINDER OF THE BODY PAINT OFF... Paranoid

YES, MY VOTE CHANGED AS SOON AS I HEARD LOVER ALL ALONE...IT'S SO HAUNTINGLY BEAUTIFUL!

OF COURSE, I STILL LOVE  LONEY NO MORE AND EVERYTHING I HAVE, HERE YOU COME AGAIN, AND BROKEN WINGS.. Thud!

I WISH CLIVE DAVIS GETS SMART AND RE-RELEASE THE SONG Lover All Alone FOR THE CD.... bigsmile
heartaiken
Claynewbie

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 06:37:27 PM »

I wrote earlier today and now realize I meant to say Lover All Alone ( love it )
Anyway, I'm sure I will grow to love them all since Clay is the one singing.
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 11:04:41 AM »

I'm only allowed one?  I LOVE If You Don't Know Me By Now....this is so damn hot and sexy!  My other favorites (yes, I know you didn't ask for them, but you're getting them anyway) are Here I Go Again, Lover All Alone, Broken Wings, and Everything I Have.

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 11:19:59 AM »

My vote definitely changed after hearing Lover All Alone.

It is such a shame that song isn't on the CD. It is such a hauntingly beautiful song. I really believe( IMO) it is the best song Clay has done so far. It needs to be out there for the world to hear and it could truly put Clay on the map ..way more than he is now.

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 11:50:43 AM »

It is such a shame that song isn't on the CD. It is such a hauntingly beautiful song. I really believe( IMO) it is the best song Clay has done so far. It needs to be out there for the world to hear and it could truly put Clay on the map ..way more than he is now.

I AGREE 100%.  IT CHANGED MY VOTE AS WELL.  IT MAKES NO SENSE THAT THIS SONG WASN'T ON THE CD.  NOT ONLY BECAUSE OF HOW GOOD A SONG IT IS, BUT BECAUSE CLAY COWROTE IT AND THE NONCLAY WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW THIS.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 01:55:39 PM »

Where have I been?   I didn't even know there were two bonus songs.  I bought three c.d.s without them.  Are these cd's with the bonus tracks available only at the stores.  Does someone have the downloads of "Lover All Alone" and "If you Don't Know Me By Now"? 

\"When was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you as opposed to someone who needed help?\" -- Clay Aiken
The amazingly talented, sexy young man who is Clay Aiken!!!!!
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 02:01:25 PM »

Clayistheway,

Someone posted that this online store will allow you to download Lover All Alone for $1.19.
IT  IS WELL WORTH IT!

http://musicstore.sympatico.msn.ca/catalog/details.aspx?pid=bmg_888880018557

Deanna in PA

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 05:15:45 AM »

THIS WAS HARD BECAUSE I LOVE THE CD.  THERE ISN'T ONE SONG THAT I WOULD NOT LISTEN TO.  MY FIRST CHOICE OF COURSE WAS NOT ON THE CD AND LIKE EVERYONE ELSE I JUST LOVED "LOVER ALL ALONE" BUT MY SECOND CHOICE HAD TO BE "LONELY NO MORE"

EVERYTIME I LISTEN TO THIS CD I JUST FALL IN LOVE AGAIN.  HE TOUCHES MY HEART SO MUCH AND I FEEL LIKE HE IS SINGING EACH AND EVERY SONG TO ME.

I SURE HOPE HE SALES SHOW IT AS WELL.  THE CLAYNATION SUSTAINED HIM BEFORE AND WE WILL DO IT AGAIN.

HUGS
RAINEY
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 04:45:31 PM »

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE CD BUT I DO HAVE  2 FAVORITES
THESE OPEN ARMS
EVERYTHING I HAVE

BUT THAT IS TODAY , IT CAN CHANGE AGAIN  Laughing  ASK ME AGAIN IN 10 MINUTES.

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
clayunixity
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 07:47:47 AM »

ATDW just reached Malaysia and I got it!  Laughing As for my favourite song, it's a really close tie between Everything I Have and Broken Wings for me.

Paranoid Is it possible if someone can pm me Lover All Alone? Paranoid It's almost impossible for me to get the  bonus track here.
clayzy4you
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 12:51:28 PM »

Man am I the only one who LOVES When I See You Smile? I love that song and he blew the original out of the water!!

My other faves are A Thousand Days, Lover All Alone, and Broken Wings. But hey, I love every song on it!
ILClaymate
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 12:58:46 PM »

Man am I the only one who LOVES When I See You Smile? I love that song and he blew the original out of the water!!

No...that is my favorite and has been since the beginning!!  I haven't changed my mind on that one!!  I can't wait to see it sung LIVE.  That will be fun!  bigsmile  <---me smiling!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 01:04:34 PM »

When he sang When I See You Smile at Kimmel, he pointed to us at the opening lines :

Sometimes I wonder how I'd ever make it through. Through this world without having you.
I just wouldn't have a clue.

*sniff*

I melted.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
clayzy4you
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 01:07:56 PM »

When he sang When I See You Smile at Kimmel, he pointed to us at the opening lines :

Sometimes I wonder how I'd ever make it through. Through this world without having you.
I just wouldn't have a clue.

*sniff*

I melted.

OMG me too! If I only he could sing that just to me....too bad my funeral would be the next day  Laughing
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 02:01:11 PM »

Couldn't possibly agree with you more!  That song is AMAZING!

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Ania
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 10:06:17 PM »

Excuse the newbie interruption, but how'd you guys get Lover All Alone?  I keep hearing good things about it but it's not on my CD.:(
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 06:27:54 AM »

I REALLY CAN'T DECIDE 

I like several, and it changes with my mood.
I have not heard "Lover All Alone" and " If You Don't Know Me By Now"

Will download next week when we get Sarellite DSL which runs at an amazing speed.  Purple Banana Purple Banana

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx