gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:09:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 415
Total: 415

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ATDW LISTENING PARTY - JOIN US HERE!!!  (Read 24585 times)
Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2006, 06:47:05 PM »

Broken Wings - This one SHOCKED me when I first heard it.  Definitely the BIGGEST goosebumps!  I absolutely love this one!  WHAT an ending!!!

Deanna/Pamela/Woody - Thank you guys!! You are the hostesses with the mostesses!!!!

I'm so glad I was able to enjoy my first day of hearing the CD with all of you tonight!!!!

Maybe love requires walking through the fire to set me free so I can rise up from the ashes ~Clay Aiken

"Hi Cindy, this is Clay Aiken....Happy Valentine's Day!"  I will NEVER be the same!!
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #161 on: September 19, 2006, 06:47:15 PM »

I've never heard Dolly P. version of Here you come again. I'm loving Clay's. bigsmile

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #162 on: September 19, 2006, 06:47:51 PM »

A burnt piece of toast??

I thought that was a photo of Pamela, straight from the beach, photo taken from her waist up!! Showing her "Sexy Back" kinda side of things....I did...

HA! Well, the shape is about the same.  Paranoid

Hello Pamela!! I see you were looking out for me earlier in Critical Mass!! Naughty

You know I love you girlfriend! But I had to speak the truth about my WM experiences! eek!

But, I did buy a CD from them today. Why?!?!? Because the TWO Target stores near me were both SOLD OUT.  Hello?!?! This is Raleigh. Clay's hometown, remember?

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #163 on: September 19, 2006, 06:48:19 PM »

WELL ENJOYED THIS GOING TO TRY AND DOWNLOAD GMA SO SLW. SEE YOU IN THE AM I LOVE ALL.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #164 on: September 19, 2006, 06:48:34 PM »

OMG, is it done????

My 3 faves...

Without You

A Thousand Days

Here You Come Again

But then there's......

Everything I do

I Want to Know What Love Is

Because You Love Me

I am NOT disappointed AT ALL in any of this CD.  Clay..... Clapping

And we LOVE you.   Kiss!

And we  Thud! over you.

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #165 on: September 19, 2006, 06:50:18 PM »

Good night everyone. I had fun. Purple Banana

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #166 on: September 19, 2006, 06:50:33 PM »

Does everyone have a favorite (or two or threee...?)  I am undecided on Broken Wings; it's nice but sort of out of place. I love Celtic and new age music, but mainly I just wanted to hear Clay. I wonder how he will perform this one in concert?

My favorite (right now!) is When I See You Smile, and then Because You Loved Me. If you had told me this yesterday, I would have laughed in your face.

sigh

I also love Lonely No More - VERY much.  It would have been GREAT on the radio - IMHO.
Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #167 on: September 19, 2006, 06:51:30 PM »

wave Lora!!

Oh Gee Whiz!!!  My CD started ALL over again!!!  I guess I'll have to just listen again....and again....and again....and again!!!!

OK....now that soon is here....WHEN are we going to get a tour????  Am I being greedy now???? 

Maybe love requires walking through the fire to set me free so I can rise up from the ashes ~Clay Aiken

"Hi Cindy, this is Clay Aiken....Happy Valentine's Day!"  I will NEVER be the same!!
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #168 on: September 19, 2006, 06:53:26 PM »

I thought he was kinda HOT on GMA singing 1000 days to you Philly!!

He looked like he could have really busted a move if he were performing just for "us"!

Lora

OH HE SURE DID BUST A MOVE, A NEW MIKEGRIP, KNEE BEND AT THE SAME TIME WAS SEEN BY MY VERY OWN EYES! Smack
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2006, 06:53:53 PM »

Broken Wings
Originally performed by Mr. Mister, 1985
Written by Martin Page, John Lang (lyrics), and Steve George
Additional lyrics by Erin Taylor
Produced by: Eman

Baby, I don't understand
Why we can't just hold on
To each other's hands

This time might be the last time, I fear
Unless I make it all so clear
I need you so

We are in this life together
Even when one moves without the other
Different pages from the same story

Take these broken wings (take these broken wings)
And learn to fly again (fly again)
And learn to live so free (live so free)
And when we hear the voices sing (hear the voices sing)
The book of love will open up
And let us in (let us in)
Take these broken wings

Baby, I think tonight
We can take what was wrong
And make it right

This aching is familiar
It's something I remember
We can't touch without feeling
We can't heal without hearing

Baby, it's all I know
That you're half of the flesh
And blood that makes me whole
I need you so

Only the young could fall so hard
Could be so careles
And ignore the scars

Take these broken wings
And learn to fly again
And when we hear the voices sing
And let us in

Take these broken wings
(let us in)
(let us in)

So we will move out of the way this time
Making room for each other
One without the other
We are broken but we are moving still

Take these broken wings (take these broken wings)
And learn to fly again
And let us in

Take these broken wings

We are in this life together
Even when one moves without the other

You got to learn to fly
Learn to live and love so free
The book of love will open up for us
And let us in

We are broken but we are moving still
A thousand different ways

From the CH: This song appears on Mr. Mister's breakthrough sophomore album, Welcome to the Real World, on which Kyrie also appears. Broken Wings was the album's first single and biggest hit, topping the Billboard Hot 100 and reaching #3 on the Adult Contemporary chart and #4 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks. It was nominated for a Grammy for Best Pop Vocal Group.

woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2006, 06:53:56 PM »

Pam - I posted my favs, but I know they will keep changing.   Laughing  It's Ok to be fickle when you're a Clay fan.  We have MUCH to choose from.   Wink

THANKS EVERYONE who joined in!!!!  I GREATLY enjoyed listening to the entire CD without interruption with all of you.     (Family knew not to bother me.)

NOW, I am off to watch GMA, and wrap one of the CDs for an early Christmas present for one of my co-workers.

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2006, 06:54:57 PM »

One more thing - When I See You Smile - it's a radio song too.  I hope it's the next single, if not Lonely No More.

bigsmile

I lied. ONE more thing - the KMart bonus track is If You Don't Know Me By Now (cover tune,) and the iTunes bonus track is Lonely All Alone, an original tune written by Clay.

bigsmile
Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2006, 06:55:58 PM »

Pamela - If I HAVE to pick three favorites right now they are in no particular order:

Lonely No More
Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word
Without You

BTW, we have to chat someday....whenever our house in CT finally sells and we move to NC, we are looking at Clayton as one of our options!! 

HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2006, 06:56:05 PM »

Pamela- Everyone is expected to "speaka the truth" around here...and you have not heard some of MY comments either regarding WM!! No problemo at ALL!!

Favorites on the CD??

Hmmm..

I listen to Broken Wings a lot and love it, but that review by Bill Lamb surprised me some. He says he is not stepping out to be part of the mainstream, with no direction.Clay does something like Broken Wings, which to me, the sound is widespread , the reviewer doesn't like it. I respect Bill Lamb, but it just made me feel like.."Awwww", he didn't like it??

Lora

HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2006, 07:01:24 PM »

Top 5, is that OK??

Lonely No More
A Thousand Days
When I See You Smile
These Open Arms
Broken Wings

The "remakes" are nice, good, great, interesting- but I really don't see, since the "old" songs still have radio life, how they will get any "credibility" on the radio, or with a younger, newer crowd.

I like the more, what I percieve to be, "radio friendly "Sounds", if not songs..but the SOUND of radio today...

I think the above 5 could easily fit.

Lora
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2006, 07:03:26 PM »

BTW, we have to chat someday....whenever our house in CT finally sells and we move to NC, we are looking at Clayton as one of our options!! 

Clayton rocks Cindy! (If you like tiny little towns!) Come on down!

Lora, I feel that since music is art, and all art is subjective, then people are free to like what they like. Doesn't make them right, or wrong. Just different from me.

While I like to record all legitimate (media) reviews, it's only because I am anal that way about archiving the history of Clay's music.

I don't really care what "they" say. I know what I like, and if they prefer Justin T or Fergie or whomever, then I hope that ten years from now, or even one year from now, that they still feel the same way. Because I will feel the same way about Clay tomorrow, next year, or in 2020.  His voice is just..... good.

I'll just turn up the volume one more notch, and wish them all the very best. Really.

Wink
Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2006, 07:09:14 PM »

Pamela - Only WE can be critics since we actually BUY the CD's!! I don't let anybody else make my decisions for me.  I've loved some of the worst rated movies and I usually sleep through the best rated movies! Laughing

I've only lived in tiny towns....my town now has 12,000 people and the only fast food place is a Subway which we just got about two years ago!  Our concern down there was Raleigh is the most major city we will ever have lived near! Laughing

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2006, 07:55:58 PM »

Sorry I missed the party, but I'm sure it was a great one - finally something to celebrate!!!!  Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana I love reading the different opinions about favorite songs - so far, mine is Lonley No More - haven't heard either extra song yet, though, so that may change.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2006, 08:03:09 PM »

dang, missed the party as usual. Painter was here.
But I was listening. I can't decide which I like best, but amd leaning toward

Everything I do
Broken Wings
Lonely No More
Sorry Seems The Hardest Word
Broken Wings

Too bad the reviews are not all good, but to say it is vanilla is just wrong. I think he has shown great growth and maturity.

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2006, 08:24:02 PM »

Too bad the reviews are not all good, but to say it is vanilla is just wrong. I think he has shown great growth and maturity.

Agree.  AOL likes Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word as it's favorite.  True, it's a tremendous vocal showcase for Clay, the instrumentation is lovely and the production is sublime.

But, it's really sad, you know?  Cry!

I just downloaded from iTunes and got the bonus track.....oh my.  That is one gorgeous piece of music and Clay's voice is truly an instrument.

I wonder why it didn't make the album?  Another of life's great mysteries.  Wink

Get it! It's fantastic.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx