gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:34:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 337
Total: 337

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AMAZON EARLY SHIPMENTS  (Read 2608 times)
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« on: September 18, 2006, 07:09:43 AM »

I received an email from Amazon yesterday telling me that my copies of ATDW had been shipped. I contacted the Help Desk and asked if my purchase would be reported to SoundScan, since they had shipped before the release date. I received an answer this morning - Cds mailed and charged to credit cards before the release date WILL NOT count toward the first week's sales. I put Amazon's entire email in the Charting The Waters Thread - with their instructions on how to return the Cds and get a full refund. I intend to either re-order from Amazon or just buy all of my copies of the Cd locally.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 09:09:03 AM »

Cds mailed and charged to credit cards before the release date WILL NOT count toward the first week's sales.

But they will count right?  For what week if not the first?   I ordered three on Amazon.  I would hate to think that they dont count.

\"When was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you as opposed to someone who needed help?\" -- Clay Aiken
The amazingly talented, sexy young man who is Clay Aiken!!!!!
Helen from Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 09:15:04 AM »

I have not rec. any email from Amazon.
Just my opnion THAT IS JUST SO WRONG!!!!!!!!!!
First time I ever ordered from them guess It will be my last. 
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 09:18:25 AM »

Yes, the sales will count on the  overall total - just not on the first week's total, if that is what the email is saying.

I have re-read the email, and have written to Amazon again - does it say that early shipments will not be counted on the first week, or does it say they will not be counted on the first week if returned?  Maybe I read it wrong the first time - if I hear from Amazon again, I will post what they say this time!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 09:51:10 AM »

Please let us know, because that would not be a good thing!!!!!!!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 05:31:28 PM »

I just heard from Amazon again - they told me they did not really know if early shipments will be counted or not! They said they will have to "research the situation", and will let me know within two working days!

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 05:36:15 PM »

Frankie,

Here is some more info on the Amazon story:

CLAYBOARD

Check out the "further clarification" post.

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 07:19:22 PM »

Thanks Deanna - I will check with my credit card company to see if I have been charged (I'm betting yes). It seems like the people who work at Amazon do not even know the answer to this question - but the person I've been talking to is really trying to get the correct answer! Just in case, I'm not going to open the Cds from Amazon until they figure it all out!  Laughing

LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 08:24:59 PM »

Thanks Deanna - I will check with my credit card company to see if I have been charged (I'm betting yes). It seems like the people who work at Amazon do not even know the answer to this question - but the person I've been talking to is really trying to get the correct answer! Just in case, I'm not going to open the Cds from Amazon until they figure it all out!  Laughing

Well, that would really suck!!  And, I have to say, I can't understand why we are only hearing about this now.  Shouldn't someone have warned us?  I received three today, and already opened two.  I called my credit card company, and they were charged on 9/16.  If I have to, I'll buy them somewhere else and return those to Amazon. 
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx