gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:30:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 171
Total: 171

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Critical Mass 14 :: Clay Discussion  (Read 232825 times)
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #1960 on: October 10, 2006, 03:28:06 PM »

I guess I fall on the side of those who think Clay was ambushed - set up. I've watched and re-watched that interview so many times - every time someone brings up the idea that it was planned, it was edited etc I watch it again.  But I always see Clay's eyes getting slit narrow and hard when she starts to approach the subject - almost like he's thinking, "What's going on? This wasn't planned." It continues to leave me with the thought that DS was trying to get an exclusive by being the one that gets Clay to admit his sexuality. LK approached it in an open way and you could tell Clay knew it was coming and responded in a classy intellectual way.

Just this old gramma's opinion. . . . . .
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #1961 on: October 10, 2006, 03:43:23 PM »

I guess I'm really having a problem trying to figure out why in the world Diane would want to take a hit for Clay.  I think she's more interested in her own reputation and wouldn't want it jeopardized.  JMO.  bigsmile
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1962 on: October 10, 2006, 04:31:45 PM »

I THINK GMA WAS TRYING TOMGET RATINGS.  IT SOUNDED TO ME LIKE ET OR THE INSIDER IF YOU LISTENED TO COMMERCIALS.

DOESN'T MATTER.  CLAY CAME OUT SMELLING LIKE A ROSE SO THERE YOU GO.  ONE FOR HRH.  0 FOR DS.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #1963 on: October 10, 2006, 04:34:13 PM »

There's only one thing I know for certain and that's that we'll never really know how exactly that interview went down. Honestly though we don't need to know we just need to support Clay if we choose to. I know I choose to and I know he's right. What goes on in his personal life when he's not in front of the camera is nobody else's business but his own.

As long as Clay is happy and healthy I'm happy, and to me Clay seems to be both, minus his occassionaly colds etc....

I have had several people tell me that he handled the situation very well. I also had someone tell me that they watched the Larry King interview the other night and she wound up turning it off because she though LK was so awful. She respected Clay for the way he handled it but she didn't like the way Larry King badgered Clay. She too said it's nobody elses business but his own.

And with RCA and David Foster and a new CD, well there's nothing we can do about that either but wait and see and enjoy the CD we have now. I'm sure Clay's got some stuff going on and we'll know what it's all about when he chooses to tell us.

Now, on a side note, I'm lame.... I tried to work out on my elliptical machine tonight and I could only do 3 1/2 minutes before I was pooped!

I'll try for 4 mintues tomorrow night. OY!

Oh yeah and I love Clay Aiken! He's one hottie!!!!!

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1964 on: October 10, 2006, 04:53:03 PM »

IF YOU READ THE BOARDS THERE IS SO MUCH ANGST IN THE CLAY NATION.  I AM SORRY ABOUT IT.  I AM FEELING THE PAIN LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.  BUT 300,000 AIN'T BAD FOR A CD NO ONE REALLY WANTED BUT CLIVE.  THAT WASN'T REALLY PROMOTED OUTSIDE OF TV.  THAT GOT GODAWFUL REVIEWS.  THAT SAW NO RADIO PLAY.  IT WILL GO GOLD SOMETIME.  IT WILL END SOMETIME.  AND HE WILL SING TO US IN CONCERT.  AND HE WILL GO ON.  AND HE WILL SUCCEED.  AND WE WILL GET ORIGINAL MUSIC.  AND HE WILL MAKE US HAPPY.  WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH IN WHO HE IS AND WHAT HE IS. 

AND I STILL STAND BY WHERE I TOLD CLIVE HE SHOULD RESIDE. bigsmile  (FOR PAMELA.)

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #1965 on: October 10, 2006, 04:57:53 PM »

AND I STILL STAND BY WHERE I TOLD CLIVE HE SHOULD RESIDE.   

Next door to you???? Laughing

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #1966 on: October 10, 2006, 04:59:24 PM »

LOUIE and RALEIGH could make "BEAUTIFUL MUSIC" together!!!

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1967 on: October 10, 2006, 06:11:47 PM »

La Sawyer strikes again! This time, her target is Mel Gibson. Why did he want to interview with Diane?

"Because she'd be the hardest on him, yet she'd be fair. He needed someone who'd hit him hard. But she was f****** harder on him than I could imagine. I was cringing," the Gibson insider told me.

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/behind-the-scenes-diane-interviews-mel/

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #1968 on: October 10, 2006, 06:32:52 PM »

La Sawyer strikes again! This time, her target is Mel Gibson. Why did he want to interview with Diane?

"Because she'd be the hardest on him, yet she'd be fair. He needed someone who'd hit him hard. But she was f****** harder on him than I could imagine. I was cringing," the Gibson insider told me.

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/behind-the-scenes-diane-interviews-mel/

WOW!

Just wow!

Thanks for bringing that over Ms. Sunny!!!!

I've always liked and respected Mel Gibson and to me I felt badly for him when all that went down.

He's making ammends though and trying to make things right and to me he should be given a second chance....

Shouldn't Diane Sawyer be discussing things of more importance now?

I won't bring politics onto the site but what about what's happening in Dafur? In Africa?

We look to celebrities to forget about all the troubles in the world.... not to concern oursevles with what they're struggling with on a personal level.

That's their business and their's to make ammends whent they do something stupid like Mel did but honestly talk about his new movie what it's about what he's doing to change his life.

Don't badger him, don't throw him for a lopp for something he's already admitted was a mistake!

Honestly you couldn't pay me enough money to be famous!!!!

Although a funny famous person comment today.

I was talking to this wicked cute guy at work that I have a MAJOR hot crush thing on! LIKE if there was an empty closet and he was willing and not  engaged I'd jump him.

Anyway we were talking about cats and how he doesn't like them and I was telling him that my Tundra loves to chase a laser pointer around the house and he said see... that's how stupid cats are that they'd chase a laster pointer for hours but that he'd bet you could entertain Paris Hilton the same way!

I nearly lost it laughing I swear I did!!!!!

I actually had to turn away from him and slap the wall I was leaning against so he wouldn't hear me snort.

How bad is that?

bad but true.

lmao lmao lmao lmao

AI Forum Moderator
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1969 on: October 10, 2006, 06:46:46 PM »

Shouldn't Diane Sawyer be discussing things of more importance now?
He requested the interview. He's trying to regain some of the favor he lost after that DUI arrest/mess a few months ago.

We look to celebrities to forget about all the troubles in the world.... not to concern oursevles with what they're struggling with on a personal level.

Yep. But there's that whole "role model" thing again. A lot of people do concern themselves with what famous folks struggle with personally. And when it's convenient, a lot of celebrities will "spin" their issues in a way that comes across as "helping people," such as admitting a dependence on alcohol, and seeking help for it. (They may choose to leave out the part about how the studio wouldn't let them back on the lot unless they went to rehab, but that's okay. Wink )

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #1970 on: October 10, 2006, 06:58:40 PM »

He requested the interview. He's trying to regain some of the favor he lost after that DUI arrest/mess a few months ago.

Hrmmmmmmmmmmmmm I guess this is true!

But given that shouldn't she have treated this situation with, I dunno kid gloves????

GMA is getting a bad rap these days, look at what MSNBC did with John Mark Karr! Taking him to a school of all places! And the way they were appalled with the way they treated Clay. I mean I guess I understand rating and all that but shouldn't celebrities, even if they requested the interview be treated with the respect that any person deserves when they've made a mistake? Or am I wrong in thinking that? Should celebrities be held to a higher standard because they're in the public eye?

Yep. But there's that whole "role model" thing again. A lot of people do concern themselves with what famous folks struggle with personally. And when it's convenient, a lot of celebrities will "spin" their issues in a way that comes across as "helping people," such as admitting a dependence on alcohol, and seeking help for it. (They may choose to leave out the part about how the studio wouldn't let them back on the lot unless they went to rehab, but that's okay. Wink )

This is very true but let's think about it, regular joes deal with these kind of issues every day. Why does the press think that just because a person is in the "public eye" they have to come out and deal with their issues in front of millions of  people?

Is it the respect thing? The admiration thing?

The I wish I was like so and so that makes ordinary people look at celebs and say wow, they're dealing with the same thing I am? Shouldn't I be able to as well?

Shouldn't regular people be able to recognize what their faults are without looking up to a celebrity who may be going though the same thing wityout saying well if Mel Gibson or Robert Downey Jr or Robin Williams is dealing with it so can I?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great when a celbrity says this is what I'm going through but why should their studio dictate how they deal with it?

Regular people don't have studios threatening them and they deal with these issues on a regular basis.

WOW!

Sorry, LOL!

Playing the devil's advocate here...which on a side note, was a great movie. LOL!

AI Forum Moderator
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #1971 on: October 10, 2006, 07:18:55 PM »

The MSNBC piece is about one network (MSNBC) slamming their competitor (ABC).  RATINGS.   I don't think MSNBC gives a flying flip about Clay or any celebrity or proper journalism.  Clay's tabloid crap was aired on MSNBC numerous times, spinned and presented almost as fact......is that proper journalism?  Isn't that their angle with this story?   It's like the pot calling the kettle black.

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1972 on: October 10, 2006, 07:19:26 PM »

Hrmmmmmmmmmmmmm I guess this is true!

But given that shouldn't she have treated this situation with, I dunno kid gloves????
Why? He's a grown man; he won't break.

I mean I guess I understand rating and all that but shouldn't celebrities, even if they requested the interview be treated with the respect that any person deserves when they've made a mistake?

What kind of show of respect are you thinking of? She asked him questions. She didn't mock him, call him names, or threaten him. She didn't sneer or throw mudpies. Nor did she cower before the Great Movie Star/Director.

What he did to cause him to want this interview in the first place was to break the law by driving under the influence of alcohol, thereby endangering himself and those around him, and then malign the police officer who stopped him.

Or am I wrong in thinking that? Should celebrities be held to a higher standard because they're in the public eye?
This goes back to the discussion we had on this thread a couple weeks ago. If celebrities are okay with accepting the money and the other perks that come with their jobs, should they be held to a higher standard? We had a good debate going over this one. Wink

This is very true but let's think about it, regular joes deal with these kind of issues every day. Why does the press think that just because a person is in the "public eye" they have to come out and deal with their issues in front of millions of  people?
Because one of the ways something is judged "newsworthy" is if it affects a lot of people. Actors, singers, etc. are familiar to hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people.

If an actor, singer, etc. is struggling with, say, alcoholism, well, so are hundreds of thousands of "regular folks." The audiences overlap and you've got a lot of people who might be interested in what Famous Guy has to say.

And besides, Mel requested this interview. Wink

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great when a celbrity says this is what I'm going through but why should their studio dictate how they deal with it? 
Cuz the studios are paying the star's salary.

aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #1973 on: October 10, 2006, 07:23:22 PM »

The MSNBC piece is about one network (MSNBC) slamming their competitor (ABC).  RATINGS.   I don't think MSNBC gives a flying flip about Clay or any celebrity or proper journalism.  Clay's tabloid crap was aired on MSNBC numerous times, spinned and presented almost as fact......is that proper journalism?  Isn't that their angle with this story?   It's like the pot calling the kettle black.

So True Jill! So true, which brings up the question, why don't celebrities stand up to these bullies?

Why don't they say no more? I'm not putting up with any more of your crap!

I doesn' t make any sense to me!

AI Forum Moderator
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1974 on: October 10, 2006, 07:28:47 PM »

So True Jill! So true, which brings up the question, why don't celebrities stand up to these bullies?

Maybe now that Clay has basically told them to get lost, more will.

But, in the past, anytime a celeb tried to fight the tabloids (with very few exceptions), the tabloids won, and went even harder on the celeb.

quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #1975 on: October 10, 2006, 07:34:20 PM »

The power of the media and their impressionable auidence.  The media can make you or break you in the eyes of the public. 

The media overload has spawned a travisty in that a large number of people in society can no longer think for themselves.

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #1976 on: October 10, 2006, 07:36:34 PM »

Why? He's a grown man; he won't break.

This is very true.

What kind of show of respect are you thinking of? She asked him questions. She didn't mock him, call him names, or threaten him. She didn't sneer or throw mudpies. Nor did she cower before the Great Movie Star/Director.

This too is also true, I guess, i dunno... I guess I was thinking less sensationalism, less of an obious ratings plug ya know?

What he did to cause him to want this interview in the first place was to break the law by driving under the influence of alcohol, thereby endangering himself and those around him, and then malign the police officer who stopped him.

Which was in and of itself stupid!

This goes back to the discussion we had on this thread a couple weeks ago. If celebrities are okay with accepting the money and the other perks that come with their jobs, should they be held to a higher standard? We had a good debate going over this one. Wink

Oh we did! But there are other people who make the same amount of money that we don't know about who aren't held aloft by the media. And hey, is it the media who decides who is popular or is it us????

Because one of the ways something is judged "newsworthy" is if it affects a lot of people. Actors, singers, etc. are familiar to hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people.

If an actor, singer, etc. is struggling with, say, alcoholism, well, so are hundreds of thousands of "regular folks." The audiences overlap and you've got a lot of people who might be interested in what Famous Guy has to say.

And besides, Mel requested this interview. Wink

He did indeed and yes you have a valid point there. When Clay started talking about his panic attacks I thought, wow he could help a lot of people by discussing this. They could say, wow, if Clay Aiken can handle it with treatment maybe I could too!

Cuz the studios are paying the star's salary.

Hey I thought we were! LMAO! By buying CDs and buying tickets to movies etc... LOL!

AI Forum Moderator
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #1977 on: October 10, 2006, 07:39:38 PM »

The power of the media and their impressionable auidence.  The media can make you or break you in the eyes of the public. 

The media overload has spawned a travisty in that a large number of people in society can no longer think for themselves.

*Shakes head*

It's a sad statment isn't it?

We should control what we want and what we think but instead we let a biased media decide for us.

POOP!

AI Forum Moderator
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #1978 on: October 10, 2006, 07:44:56 PM »

*Shakes head*

It's a sad statment isn't it?

We should control what we want and what we think but instead we let a biased media decide for us.

POOP!

POOP, indeed Susy!  Smile

I didn't let a biased media stop me from purchasing the music of my favorite singer.   Wink  The POOPs on them!  Laughing  It's such a stinky business.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1979 on: October 10, 2006, 07:46:40 PM »

AND I STILL STAND BY WHERE I TOLD CLIVE HE SHOULD RESIDE. bigsmile  (FOR PAMELA.)
Next door to you???? Laughing

Actually, a little further south.

Love your post GWENNY! I just took a turn around the Clay Net and dang! Angst does abound.  I understand it, but then again, what good does it do to be upset? [/eternal optimist]

You know, there are a few ways for people to hear the CD, or parts of of it anyway.  Send your friends to Clay's MySpace page, our even OUR MySpace page, or AOL Music, or Yahoo Music, or the Walmart Soundcheck site.

Or, you can just put it in your car CD player, roll down the windows, and cruise about town.

Be sure and turn it up. LOUD!!  Purple Banana

I've got no angst. Maybe a little frustration, but mostly for selfish reasons. I want more appearances because I.want.to.see.Clay!

And, hear him sing. Or talk; I'm not picky.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx