gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:17:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 405
Total: 405

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK SEPTEMBER 5  (Read 3741 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: September 05, 2006, 01:55:31 AM »

CLAY AIKEN: Party with his fan club
Sep 4, 2006 — SOUTHCENTRALPAfansforCLAYAIKEN will be having a CD release party for Aiken's new album, "A Thousand Different Ways," due in stores Sept. 19. The party will be held 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Sept. 18 at San Carlos Restaurant in Manchester Township. Registration is $7.50 per person and will include snacks, soda and a guaranteed opportunity to purchase the CD at midnight. Prizes will be given out and the Clayford Wives (it has to be seen to be believed) will perform.

Deadline to register is Friday. For more information, e-mail clayfordwives@hotmail.com or call 755-0579 and ask for Cookie

YDR.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 01:57:14 AM »

In addition to Patty’s Christmas plans, a line of Christian artists and bands are preparing to release Christmas albums and projects in September and October.

Artists include Newsong (The Christmas Hope, Sept. 26), Hillsong (Celebrating Christmas, Sept. 26), Moya Brennan (An Irish Christmas, Sept. 26), Third Day (Christmas Offerings, Oct. 10), and Mary Mary (Mary Mary Christmas, Oct. 17).

Last year’s major Christmas hit included MercyMe’s The Christmas Sessions, Steven Curtis Chapman’s All I Really Want for Christmas, and WOW Christmas Green, which was recorded by popular artists Avalon, Bethany Dillon, Chris Tomlin, David Crowder Band, Jump 5, Kutless, Matthew West, Rebecca St. James, Relient K, Steven Curtis Chapman, CeCe Winans, tobyMac, ZoeGirl, Casting Crowns, Clay Aiken, FFH, Jars Of Clay, Michael W. Smith, Newsong, Joy Williams, Amy Grant, BarlowGirl, Big Daddy Weave, Building 429, Jaci Velasquez, Mark Schultz, Natalie Grant, Point Of Grace, Selah, and Third Day.
CHRISTIANPOST

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 02:00:44 AM »

Fulfilling 'Idol' obsession
NSU student hopes Fox show will help with musical career
By Elissa Dickey American News Writer

Jessica Johannsen has no doubts when it comes to the meaning of life - or her own, anyway.
Johannsen, 20, of Aberdeen is confident that she is meant to sing. (snip)

To call Johannsen a fan of the hit Fox TV show - which sets out each year to find the best undiscovered musical talent in the United States - would be a bit of an understatement.

"I'm sort of obsessed with the show," admitted the Alcester native.

Real confession time: Johannsen, a Northern State University junior, said she drove to Chicago in December 2004 to meet season two runner-up Clay Aiken, who was doing a book signing.
ABERDEENNEWS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 02:05:31 AM »

Many try, few prevail
9/4/2006 8:13:21 AM
BY SHEENA BARNETT Daily Journal

MEMPHIS - A record number turned up in Memphis Sunday to audition for the sixth season of "American Idol," but few made it on to the coveted second round.

Auditions started a little after 8 a.m. at the FedEx Forum, and as of 3:15 p.m., thousands had auditioned but "less than 100" had made it through to the second round, said "American Idol" executive producer and "So You Think You Can Dance" judge Nigel Lythgoe. But thousands more auditioners were still waiting for their chance, he said. (snip)

"American Idol" Coordinating Producer Patrick Lynn said producers are always judging auditioners.

"It takes us five to 30 seconds (to decide who's going on to the next round)," Lynn said. "It took me two seconds to know (season two runner up) Clay Aiken would go on."
DJOURNAL

Clay "is" the "News"
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 02:08:02 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA & ANN READERS,
DEANNA, THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE NEWS.
TODAY IS ANOTHER DAY CLOSER TO "ATDW"   Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana

I HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYS THE DAY!!
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 02:11:52 AM »

Always Know Your Place in the Pecking Order
By Andy Cowan, Andy Cowan is a writer, producer and performer. His credits include "Cheers," "Seinfeld" and "3rd Rock From the Sun."

I continue to search for my place in the universe, so I signed up for a 14-day trial run on IMDbPro.com, the performance-enhanced version of the Internet Movie Database. It's just one of the mirrors that we in Hollywood peer into to see if there is a reflection staring back.

In this universe, I discover what I'm "known for," including the credits associated with shows that still cough up green envelopes in my mailbox, with thirst-inducing residual checks inside. One bell and whistle that distinguishes IMDbPro from the vanilla version is the STARmeter, a numerical ranking, based on searches by millions of IMDb users, that gauges "the popularity of people over time, and determines which events affect public awareness." What, pray tell, is my STARmeter ranking? (snip)

American Idol" wannabe William Hung?

17,018. (That's well behind "Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken, whose 1,996 trounces winner Ruben Studdard's 5,676. As Simon Cowell—1,315—would say, "That's show business.")
LATIMES

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 02:13:15 AM »

morning Angela! wave

Here's a select list of album releases (dates are subject to change without notice):
Tuesday: Audioslave, "Revelations"; Billy Gilman, "Billy Gilman"; Iron Maiden, "A Matter of Life and Death"; Jars of Clay, "Good Monsters"; Beyoncé Knowles, "B'Day."
Sept. 12: Black Label Society, "Shot to Hell"; Shawn Colvin, "These Four Walls"; Elton John, "The Captain and the Kid"; the Mars Volta, "Amputechture"; John Mayer, "Continuum"; Madeline Peyroux, "Half the Perfect World"; Justin Timberlake, "Futuresex/Lovesounds"; Bob Seger, "Face the Promise."

Sept. 19: Clay Aiken, "A Thousand Different Ways"; Kenny Chesney, "Live Those Songs Again"; Guy Clark, "Workbench Songs"; DJ Shadow, "Outsider"; Fergie, "The Duchess"; Lupe Fiasco, "Food and Liquor"; Indigo Girls, "Despite Our Differences"; Diana Krall, "From This Moment On"; Jonny Lang, "Turn Around"; Jesse McCartney, "Right Where You Want Me."
INDYSTAR

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 02:14:34 AM »

TMZ reveals which reality stars have beaten the odds and gone on to become real stars.

Kelly Clarkson

At first, things didn't seem to look too good for America's first "Idol" winner. Shortly after obtaining the now illustrious crown, Kelly Clarkson co-starred in the 2003 film "From Justin to Kelly" with "Idol" loser Justin Guarini - may he rest in peace. The film turned out to be a flop of epic proportions. But the talented singer endured long enough to obtain new management and release the 2004 multi-platinum album "Breakaway," which featured 5 hit singles including the monster track "Since U Been Gone." While past "Idol" winners (and Clay Aiken) have gone on to earn platinum-selling albums, Clarkson is the only "Idol" to receive the biggest musical career legitimizer there is -- two Grammy awards. We'd like to see Simon Cowell badmouth that!

TMZ

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 02:16:47 AM »

Clay Aiken Goes "A Thousand Different Ways"
Posted Aug 24th 2006 4:02PM by Jeff Davidson

While many in the media have focused on Clay Aiken's off stage activities, Clay has been busy in the recording studio and TMZ has the new single from his upcoming record for you. The record, which will be his third release, is called "A Thousand Different Ways" and hits stores September 19th. The record will feature 4 brand new songs by Clay and 10 cover versions of well-known songs from the '70s, '80s and '90s, personally picked by Clay for the project.

Clay recently explained the record's title. "This is an album of love songs," says Clay, "but they are about all different kinds of love. Romantic love, Friendship, Unconditional love. There are a thousand different kinds of love; a thousand different ways to tell someone you love them. And, on top of that, since so many of these songs are covers, it's realistic to say that many of them have been or could be sung a thousand different ways."

You can listen to the single "Without You" here:
TMZ

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 02:18:44 AM »

Saturday, Sept. 9 - Carrie Underwood

Underwood was born March 10, 1983, in Muskogee, Okla., and grew up in rural Checotah. She has two older sisters, Shanna and Stephanie, who both are elementary school teachers in Oklahoma.

Underwood performed at Robbins Memorial Talent Show in her childhood. As a young child, she sang in church and at local events in Checotah. In 1996, when she was 13, her manager at the time tried to get her a recording contract at Capitol Records. However, due to management changes at Capitol, it never materialized.

Underwood graduated from Checotah High School in 2001 and moved on to Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, where she graduated magna cum laude in 2006 with a bachelor's degree in mass communication.

Underwood's musical influences include pop, but are predominantly country; she stated in American Idol auditions that her favorite singer is Martina McBride. On May 25, 2005, she became the fourth winner of American Idol, beating Southern rocker Bo Bice and joining Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken as the only contestants who had never been one of the "bottom three" singers during any week's results.

As part of her win, Underwood gained a recording contract with Arista Records. Her first single, "Inside Your Heaven," was released June 14, 2005. The single debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, with first-week sales of 170,000 copies. It became the first song from a country artist to go No. 1 on the Hot 100 since 2000. The B-side is "Independence Day," a cover of the Martina McBride hit.
HUTCHNEWS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 02:23:00 AM »

New Clay pictures HERE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 02:26:12 AM »

Clay be performing on The Insider today. Be sure to tune in! The Insider is syndicated, so check local listings for time and channel.

And guess what exactly 2, I say a mere 2, weeks from today is!!!  Purple Banana Purple Banana

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 02:44:00 AM »

wave

And guess what exactly 2, I say a mere 2, weeks from today is!!! 
    hmmmm, that's a toughie  Laughing

Thanks for the news Miss D!

Hi Ang!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 03:07:11 AM »

Morning Buddy!! wave

Here ya go:
  morning coffee lotsa coffee morning coffee lotsa coffee

I wonder how much news there will be in a couple of weeks??  bigsmile  I hope a TON of good news. Fingers Crossed

Clay "is" the "News"
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 04:07:19 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS. 

RUNNING LATE BUT I HAD TO QUICKLY STOP BY AND CHECK OUT ANY NEWS ON OUR HONEY.  WOW ONLY TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY.  YIKES I AM GETTING SO EXCITED.  CAN'T WAIT TO SEE OUR CLAY ON THE INSIDER TODAY.

HUGS
RAINEY
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 04:31:46 AM »

Importance of Streaming Clay's New Music In Coming Weeks 

We are bringing this message to you from Kellykellyk at CV via Caperkeeper at Aiken Breakin' Broad. It tells the EXTREME IMPORTANCE of streaming Clay's music. Please read below and let's keep reminding each other to do this. We want to do everything we can to promote Clay in the coming weeks, and this is an easy and yet vital way to do that. Read on:

Hi everyone. Over the next couple of weeks I'll be bugging you with a friendly reminder to Please Stream Clay's New Music.

I know a lot of people are concerned about Clay's promotion, so an easy way for everyone to help build buzz for Clay is to stream his new single online, and if a video is made available we should stream that as well.

Online streams of songs and videos are gaining importance as a way for radio and retailers to determine which songs and artists are popular. Did you know that Billboard keeps track of the number of online streams for songs and videos? The number of streams an artist or song gets on services like AOL and Yahoo Music is used by some radio stations to see how popular an artist or song is and whether it should be added to their playlist. The number of online streams is also one of the factors used by stores to determine how "hot" an artist is when they are deciding how many copies of a new CD to order for their stores. There has even been talk that Billboard may add number of streams to calculate Hot 100 positions.

From another board:

According to Geoff Mayfield, senior chart manager, in the latest issue of Billboard: "Streaming data from music sites is available on Nielsen BDS' Encore system and will soon become an ingredient on the Billboard Hot 100."

Now, Billboard's definition of "soon" seems to be the same as Clay's
definition, so I don't expect to see streaming data count for the Hot 100 for quite a while. However, it is something that is kept measured and used as a measure of popularity. You can stream videos and songs for free on multiple sites, so streaming can be an easy and fun way for fans to support Clay. While you're chatting away on the boards just have a window in the back streaming Clay's new song or video.

For now we can listen to "Without You" on Clay's MySpace, Fanscape, and ArtistDirect.com.

The most important places to be on the lookout for and that we should hit as soon as they start streaming the new single and/or video are Yahoo Music, AOL Music, and MSN. If you belong to Rhapsody, you can also listen to him there. While we wait for the sites to have "Without You" available, it wouldn't hurt to stream some of the OAM songs/videos.

If you have a Blog or a MySpace page, you can include a link to the Yahoo, MSN or AOL pages that stream Clay music. It's an easy way (and free) way of helping Clay's buzz.

ETA: Please feel free to take this post to any other boards you belong to. It's important to spread the word that we should stream Clay's songs online, even if we already have copies of them in our computer.

This was on Clay's Daily Double
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 04:40:17 AM »

wave Deanna and everyone!!!

The new contest ends at midnight tonight!!!  If you haven't entered yet, click on CONTEST to get all the details.  ENTER TODAY!!!
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 05:05:18 AM »

Good morning!!  I hate Mondays Tuesdays but for me its only a 3 day week !!!!  Clapping Clapping

Have a good one everybody  wave

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 06:30:26 AM »

Gooooooood morning everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Great new pics.  Thanks for all the other news too!!!!!

Have a WONDERFUL day!!!!!

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 07:13:04 AM »

JUST HAVING A MID-MORNING CHECK-IN.  CRAZY DAY BUT SEEING CLAY TONIGHT KEEPS ME GOING.

HUGS
RAINEY
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx