gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:21:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 468
Total: 468

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK AUGUST 31  (Read 4395 times)
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2006, 09:53:23 AM »

Thanks, Angela!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2006, 10:19:49 AM »

CLAY AIKEN - WITHOUT YOU **RADIO PROMO CD**

For sale on EBAY

I DO see that it is a different photo!
Awesome!

Have you clicked into the "other" items this person is selling? They are other artists radio promo cds...OK.

Did you NOTICE the price difference??

$7.00, $4.00,  $255.00, $7.00

No Comparison to Clay for fan participation in these auction type fund raisers or a regular Joe selling an item

Clay is a CASH COW!! Not Worthy

Clays fans are awesome!

Lora
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2006, 11:36:06 AM »

Good afternoon everyone.  :waveI'm a little late today but I'm here now. ROFLMAO

Lots of great news. And tomarrow is September 1st. Purple Banana Purple Banana

Thanks for the news mods.

Have a great day guys.

lolita

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2006, 12:47:51 PM »

JUST A QUICK CHECK-IN.  GOT BACK FROM A JOB FAIR EARLIER THAN EXPECTED.

LORA - I LOVE MY CLAY CASH COW. Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana

HUGS
RAINEY
ILClaymate
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2006, 12:59:54 PM »

Charts spin one-week wonders
Billboard sings a transitory tune

The revolving door at No. 1 keeps on spinning as Danity Kane, the latest TV-created band, opens in the top slot this week.
Group is the third different chart-topper in three weeks, and the trend is likely to continue as September and the fourth quarter see an overload of superstar releases. As in the movie biz, it's one week and out.

Albums from artists such as Justin Timberlake, Clay Aiken, Bob Dylan, Janet Jackson and Rod Stewart could experience the "one and done" effect as they roll out in the final few months of the year.

Last year saw 12 different albums take the No. 1 slot during the 13 weeks between Sept. 1 and Dec. 1. Ten years ago, that span -- covering 14 weeks of numbers -- saw 10 albums in the top slot. In 1999, the last solid year of music sales, nine albums were No. 1 during the 13-week span.

Clearly, fewer and fewer albums are gaining traction in the upper reaches of the music sales chart. The seven rookies in this week's top 10 will face strong competition off the bat, making their runs in the single digits short-lived.

That scenario could easily play out through the end of the year as the industry attempts to pull even with last year's sales total of 618.9 million units. That would require the music biz to generate 45% of its sales in the final third of the year, as sales are currently at 344.61 million units.

Most years, about 35% of the year's sales are tallied between Oct. 1 and New Year's Eve. September is a month reserved for status albums that get in under the wire to qualify for the upcoming Grammy Awards (cutoff is Sept. 30).

This September, however, is following a pattern established in 2005: A bevy of star albums were released ahead of the fourth quarter with the hopes of developing legs just prior to the year's most crowded release schedule. In truth, few did.

This week's top 10 is packed with genre hits (hard rockers Lamb of God, Mexican rockers Mana and R&B dance thrush Kelis) and novelty (Paris Hilton, Danity Kane) that will succumb quickly to the fall onslaught.

Dylan's "Modern Times," released Tuesday, already is primed to take over the top slot next week with a sales tally probably under 150,000 units. Dylan certainly will be dethroned when Audioslave and Beyonce duke it out for No. 1 a week later.

Their reign likely will end at seven days with the Sept. 12 release of John Mayer's "Continuum."

The first superstar mano-a-mano battle arrives Sept. 19 when Timberlake's "FutureSex/Lovesounds" and Aiken's "A Thousand Different Ways" arrive. Aiken's disc is the first of several from "American Idol" finalists populating the September-November release slate.

Sept. 26 will see the arrival of the latest from Jackson and Tony Bennett; latter release is being heavily hyped in conjunction with crooner's 80th birthday.

October opens with new discs from two of the bestselling rock groups of the last several years, Evanescence and the Killers. A week later, Stewart enters the picture with his return to rock 'n' roll.

Vince Gill and Ruben Studdard are the anticipated heavyweights on Oct. 11; John Legend's sophomore effort goes out Oct. 24.

Barry Manilow, who opened at No. 1 with his songs of the 1950s, returns Oct. 31 with his renditions of '60s tunes. His same-day competition will be Meat Loaf's "Bat Out of Hell III."

Keith Urban and Sugarland lead a country parade on Nov. 7. And greatest-hits sets from Faith Hill, Sara Evans and Trisha Yearwood are penciled in for the month, too.

Nov. 14 is still the three-way battleground of last season's "American Idol"-ists Taylor Hicks, Katharine McPhee and KelliePickler.

Not included in the mix are the usual rock and pop greatest-hits collections that populate the holiday season; none have been announced yet.

Last year, for the first time in recent memory, albums were released during the perceived dead weeks around Christmas. Strong sales for efforts from Mary J. Blige and Jamie Foxx certainly have altered that thinking, and while nothing has been announced for Dec. 19 or 26, it's likely there will be prominent new discs in stores on those dates.

The current sales week was won by the band created on MTV's "Making of the Band 3." Danity Kane's self-titled debut on Diddy's label Bad Boy sold 234,000 copies, the best week for a "Making of" band, according to Nielsen Soundscan.

Outkast's soundtrack to "Idlewild" (LaFace) opened at No. 2 on sales of 196,000. Mana came in at No. 4, posting the highest debut for a Spanish-language album by a band, as "Amar es Combatir" (Warner Latina) scanned 87,000 copies.

Lamb of God's "Sacrament" (Epic) sold 63,000 to debut at No. 8. "The Ultimate Luther Vandross" (J), which includes his hits for several labels plus unreleased tracks, opened at No. 9 on sales of 59,000. "Kelis Was Here" (Jive) was one slot lower on 1,000 fewer sales

This music chart was on the side. There is also a flash animation of different album covers. I didn't see ATDW in that.

Bolding is mine. *mano y mano* made me swoon. I'll take our mano anyday.

Wait a sec, I thought Timberlake's was due the week before?

VARIETY.COM ~ registration required

Here's some clarification on some of the errors in this article per 43dudleyvillas at CH:

QUOTE("ressamac")
Wait a sec, I thought Timberlake's was due the week before?

It is. That article is rife with release date errors and omissions, though it is very nice to see Clay's album listed as an expected #1 (especially in the 2nd paragraph, which seems to single out the superstar names).

The errors and omissions...it will be a big surprise if Ludacris' Release Therapy doesn't outsell Janet Jackson's 20 Y.O. on 26 September, and Alan Jackson has a major studio release that day, as well. I'm assuming typo on the Vince Gill and Ruben release dates, since 11 October is a Wednesday -- the author probably meant 17 October, but missed Jojo, Johnta Austin and Dierks Bentley (Jojo and Bentley could definitely contend for the top spot, while Gill's album is a 4-disc set which may be priced out of the #1 mix). While it would be a huge shock if it contended for the top spot, Kellie Pickler's album was been moved up to 31 October, The Game is currently scheduled to release his album 7 November, so he'll probably duke it out with Keith Urban for the #1 spot that week, and the Dufflet is currently scheduled to release a new album on 21 November. Also, Taylor Hicks doesn't seem to think his album will be ready by 14 November (it wouldn't surprise me if they grabbed a 12 or 19 December release date for him).
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2006, 04:46:14 PM »

LAST CHECK-IN FOR THE DAY.  LET THE GAMES BEGIN. Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana  I LOVE TO PLAY CLAY GAMES.

HUGS
RAINEY
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2006, 07:16:14 PM »

08/31/06 / Coming Soon: New Website & Year 2 of the Fan Club!
Hey Clay Fans! Just a heads up to stay tuned to ClayOnline.com because there are quite a few exciting updates coming soon to the site! Renewals for Year 2 of The Clay Aiken Official Fan Club will be available through the site beginning September 14, 2006. If you're account is set to expire, don't worry... we've extended memberships through September 15, 2006. Check back frequently for the latest updates!

Clayonline

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx