gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:31:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 489
Total: 489

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK AUGUST 31  (Read 4394 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: August 31, 2006, 02:01:21 AM »

Clay Aiken to perform with GR Symphony Dec. 19
GRAND RAPIDS — "American Idol" star Clay Aiken will join the Grand Rapids Symphony for an all-holiday music program Dec. 19 at 7:30 p.m. in DeVos Performance Hall.

Aiken rose to fame in 2003 propelled by his appearance on the Fox Network's "American Idol" show. RCA offered him a CD deal and his debut single, "This is the Night" immediately claimed the number one spot on the Billboard charts. Recently he sold 392,000 copies and he possesses the record for the most sales of a single in one week. The previous record holder was Elton John for his "Candle In The Wind" performed in honor of the late Princess Diana in 1997.

His first CD "The Measure of a Man" sold 613,000 copies in October of 2003 during the first week of sales and eventually hit number one on the charts. Aiken's second CD, "Merry Christmas with Love," went platinum and was the best-selling album of the 2004 season. A third release, "A Thousand Different Ways" is scheduled to go on-sale Sept. 19. Orders for the album has made the CD number one of in pre-sales on Amazon.com.

"Christmas with Clay Aiken" will include an all-orchestral first half of Christmas favorites, followed by Aiken's performance with the orchestra.

Tickets to are now available to current Symphony subscribers. Tickets are also available by subscribing to the Symphony's three-concert Symphonic Boom Series, which includes "Bugs on Broadway," Oct.13 and The Music of Pink Floyd, April 27. All concerts are in DeVos Performance Hall. "Bugs on Broadway," which has sold out houses nationwide, features the original Warner Bros. Bugs Bunny cartoons projected above the orchestra, while the Symphony plays live accompaniment to "The Rabbit of Seville," "A Corny Concerto," "What's Opera Doc?" and more. "The Music of Pink Floyd," features a full rock band with vocals performing Floyd's timeless hits accompanied by the Symphony.

Subscribers get the best seats and save 10 percent off single ticket prices. Subscriptions range from $84 to $204. To subscribe to the SymphonicBoom Series, call the Symphony office at (616) 454-9451, or visit in person at 300 Ottawa NW, Suite 100, open Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Single ticket sales to the general public for these concerts start on the following dates: Aug. 28 for "Bugs Bunny on Broadway" and Oct. 2 for "Christmas with Clay Aiken" and for "The Music of Pink Floyd."

This concert is made possible with support from the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs.
GRANDHAVENTRIBUNE

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 02:03:18 AM »

SEPT. 19

Clay Aiken, A Thousand Different Ways (RCA) The long wait for the Claymates is over.

SFBG

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 02:06:16 AM »

Making the Most of the "Idol" Experience
by Sarah Hall
Aug 30, 2006, 4:45 PM PT

Sure, winning American Idol is pretty much an aspiring singer's golden ticket to stardom. But even appearing on the show--let alone making the top three--allows a contestant who plays his or her cards right to extend their fame far beyond the requisite 15 minutes.

For example, while only the first place finisher is guaranteed a record contract, top contenders have excellent odds of inking deals of their own as well.

Soon after season five's winner Taylor Hicks signed his record deal in May, runner-up Katharine McPhee landed a deal of her own, followed in short order by fourth place finisher Chris Daughtry and sixth place finisher Kellie Pickler.

Hicks, McPhee and Pickler will even release their debut albums simultaneously on Nov. 14. (Who says the competition ends at the close of the season?)

The season five grads won't be the only ones continuing to battle one another on the charts. With the release of their respective third albums, season two winner Ruben Studdard and runner-up Clay Aiken are ready to go head-to-head once again, with Aiken's A Thousand Different Ways due out Sept. 19 and Studdard's The Return on Sept. 26.

Despite Studdard's Idol victory in 2003 (by the barest of margins), Aiken far outsold him on the charts, moving 613,000 copies of Measure of a Man in its first week and setting a record for alumni of the show.

EONLINE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 02:09:52 AM »

CLAY AIKEN - WITHOUT YOU **RADIO PROMO CD**

For sale on EBAY

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 02:12:49 AM »

FALL MUSIC PREVIEW

Your guide to the season's hottest releases

RCA Clay Aiken
Title: 'A Thousand Different Ways'
Release Date: Sept. 19

Claymates everywhere can soon give a collective sigh of relief. Aiken finally satisfies his rabid fanbase with a sophomore album that features four original songs and 10 covers of classic love tunes from the past 30 years.

What He Says: "These are songs I heard growing up. I loved them then, and I still love them today."

You Already Love: 'Without You'

Other Highlights:
'Here You Come Again' -- This song proved to be a No. 3 smash for Dolly Parton in 1978. Time will tell is Clay's version fares as well.

'I Want to Know What Love Is' -- Suzie McNeill guests on this dramatic cover of Foreigner's '80s hit.

AOL

Clay "is" the "News"
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 02:43:42 AM »

HELLO DEANNA  wave THANKS FOR NEWS  bigsmile
 WE HAVE MOVED ANOTHER DAY CLOSER TO ATDW 

HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYS TODAY!!
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 03:03:58 AM »

morning morning Angela and News Gang morning morning

This is my Friday at work!!  Purple Banana Purple Banana
I am excited about the long holiday weekend. 

Here ya go:
lotsa coffee lotsa coffee

Clay "is" the "News"
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 03:46:32 AM »

For sale on EBAY

What the H?????

Can you actually DO that? Legally?

I ain't buying it!
Lora
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 03:55:20 AM »

Hi M.B. Angela and Lora....

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 03:56:45 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

DEANNA - TODAY IS MY FRIDAY AS WELL. Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana  HAVE A GOOD ONE AND LIKE ANGELA SAID ONE DAY CLOSER TO SEPTEMBER 19TH. Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana

SEE YOU GUYS MUCH LATER THIS EVENING.

HUGS  TO ALL
RAINEY
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 04:37:58 AM »

For sale on EBAY

OKAY- DID ANYONE LOOK AT THE HOT PICTURE ON THE COVER OF THIS CD? ITS A NEW ONE

THIS HAS TO BE A RADIO EMPLOYEE OR SOMETHING. I CHECKED ON HIS OTHER ITEMS AND THEY ARE ALL RADIO PROMO'S FOR MANY DIFFERENT ARTISTS.

ARE THEY ALLOWED TO SELL THESE?

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 04:44:41 AM »

Hey, I wish this was MY Friday!!!

Deanna - As always, thanks for all your hard work bringing us the news every day.   Huggles

Please join us tonight as the OCD Support Group celebrates its 100th Session tonight!!!  The party begins at 8 pm Eastern time, 7 pm Central time.  The OCD Support Group is in the Current Communities Central Forum.  Hope to see you all there!!!
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 05:04:23 AM »

Good Morning all  wave

Jayne - good to see you back and safe!!

See you all tonight at the 100th Session party tonight  Purple Banana

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2006, 05:39:54 AM »

The season five grads won't be the only ones continuing to battle one another on the charts. With the release of their respective third albums, season two winner Ruben Studdard and runner-up Clay Aiken are ready to go head-to-head once again, with Aiken's A Thousand Different Ways due out Sept. 19 and Studdard's The Return on Sept. 26.

Despite Studdard's Idol victory in 2003 (by the barest of margins), Aiken far outsold him on the charts, moving 613,000 copies of Measure of a Man in its first week and setting a record for alumni of the show.
http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/eo/20060830/115699848000.html
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 05:41:58 AM »

When Carrie Underwood was voted "American Idol," topping Bo Bice in a highly contested competition, she couldn't have imagined the impact on her career. Sure, previous winner Kelly Clarkson and runner-up Clay Aiken proved that the contest can turn a wannabe into a somebody. But Underwood was surprised by all that came her way.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/entertainment/stories.nsf/music/story/6D14F14DD0D81794862571D900321DF3?OpenDocument
paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 05:43:56 AM »

If he isn't drawing the numbers or generating the frenzy of a Justin Timberlake or Clay Aiken, Stern clearly is developing a following.

http://www.austin360.com/food_drink/content/food_drink/dining_at_home/stories/2006/08/30samstern.html
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 06:32:32 AM »

Good morning everyone!!

Rainy day in North Carolina. 

Thanks for all the news.  Love the new pic!!

Have a great day.

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
ILClaymate
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 07:29:35 AM »

morning coffee  Good morning!

ATDW AIM buddy icons are now available at CLAYAIKEN.COM!

lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2006, 09:40:30 AM »

Can someone explain to me what a buddy icon is, and what you do with it? 

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
ILClaymate
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2006, 09:47:06 AM »

Micki ~ when you use AOL IM (instant messenger) there is a place to upload your own little icon (like an avie we have here) to personalize it and others you message with can see it.  MSN IM has that feature as well.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx