gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:42:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 104
Total: 104

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ENTER THE NEW CLAYMANIACS CONTEST!!! *WINNER INSIDE!!*  (Read 11326 times)
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« on: August 30, 2006, 02:07:36 AM »

ENTER THE NEW CLAYMANIACS CONTEST!!!   

The CD is FINALLY almost here.  We are all busy pre-ordering our copies, busily making plans for CD Release Parties  Woohoo! and saving up our pennies for multiple copies.  We have heard Without You, and the snippets of the other songs.  Our hearts can hardly wait another day!!!  Thud!

We will FINALLY get our HOT little hands on the HOT CD of our one and only HOT boyfriend.   Flame

So the question is, just HOW HOT will it be???

The challenge to you is to guess how many of Clay's CD's will sell in the first week of sales. 

CONTEST RULES

Only ONE entry per person.

To enter the contest, you MUST send it to Pamela or me via pm (Private Message).  The reason for that is to protect your guess, and not provide *hints*, since the number of guesses can be endless.  Feel free to make comments HERE, but contest entries will ONLY be accepted by pm.

Once I have received your pm, I will send you a message that it has been received, and I will verify your guess.  That way, if you made a mistake when you sent it to me, we can catch that.  If you enter and you do NOT receive verification from me within 48 hours, please re-submit your entry, as it may be lost in cyber-space.

To send me a pm (Private Message), click on the "Word Bubble" icon underneath my avie, OR click on the message at the very top of the screen that tells you how many private messages you have. 

This contest will run for ONE WEEK and will end PROMPTLY on Tuesday, September 5 at 11:59 pm Eastern time.  I MUST receive your entry before then.

Please think this through, as once you have entered, you may not change your guess.  This led to much confusion during the last contest, so I will happily accept your first entry.

The winner will be the person CLOSEST TO THE ACTUAL NUMBER OF CD'S SOLD WITHOUT GOING OVER.  (Like "The Price is Right."   Laughing)  So, think big, but not TOO big!!!

The winner(s) and prize(s) will be announced when the actual sales numbers are announced.  Prizes are courtesy of the Claymaniacs staff.

So, put your thinking caps on, check out others' numbers, and get in on the fun!!!!!  Can't wait to hear from you!!!
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 04:42:32 AM »

Today is the last day of the contest.  Your entry must be received by midnight tonight!!!  Please pm either Pamela or myself today!!!

You will receive a confirmation about your entry, but I'm a little behind, since I got several entries yesterday.  I will pm you tonight.
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 07:12:13 PM »

THE CD is here!!!!!   confetti2 confetti2 confetti2 wheee wheee wheee

There is already speculation out there as to the number of sales.....

I would like to THANK ALL OF YOU that entered the contest.  Although there was a big spread, I must say that everyone was very optimistic, and THAT, I love to see.  I hope Clay does as well, or even better than we expect!!! 

When the numbers are released, we will announce the winner(s).  Please stay tuned!!!!!
Woodstock

woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 04:40:45 PM »

Hope you are all enjoying the new CD!!!  Thud!

We had hoped to announce the contest winner by now, but there seems to be much confusion as to the actual sales numbers for the first week.  Until that is all straightened out and we know the ACTUAL number of CDs sold, it wouldn't be fair to pick a winner.  But hopefully, it will be just a few days.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Before you dive into this week's Billboard sales chart based on SoundScan sales numbers, keep in mind that it was likely released without information from retail giant Best Buy. Yesterday (9/26), SoundScan alerted all paid subscribers via email that the numbers for the week may be inaccurate and that they will "extrapolate" for the missing sales data. The company also warned clients to be "advised that there may be anomalies in the data for the week ending 9/24/06."

SoundScan did not indicate what retail information was missing, but two record companies indicated to FMQB that data seems to show Best Buy's sales data was not included. SoundScan would not confirm this with either company.

Late on Wednesday (9/27), SoundScan issued a statement to its clients stating, "To the extent that the census data from the data supplier in the chain strata which was unable to report becomes available, we currently estimate that Nielsen SoundScan will be reprocessed to reflect the actual point-of-sale data after 6pm ET, Friday 9/29/06."

One company explained the missing data to its staff like this: "Soundscan weighted the other retailers in each market to estimate market sales for the week. Don't 'add in' additional sales. There will be aberrations based on some titles that Best Buy may do better with but the totals have been supplemented already. SoundScan will repost everything if Best Buy can get their data in a timely fashion. Since Best Buy ran sales on most of the new titles, debuts could be smaller than actual size."

In a press release, Megaforce Records questioned why it is paying $26,000 a year to receive sales numbers from SoundScan, stating: "Shouldn't it be SoundScan's job to report the actual sales numbers, not a guessing game?"  Megaforce is concerned over a debut by Mushroomhead on the SoundScan chart that shows only 12,183 units sold when another sales tracking company had them selling closer to 26,000. 

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 04:59:50 PM »

WOODY - THANKS BUT I KNOW MY GUESS WAS WAY TOO MUCH.  HECK I WAS JUST GOING BY HIS SALES FOR MOAM.  THATS OKAY HE IS NUMBER ONE IN MY BOOK.
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 11:02:49 PM »

Who won? Who won? 
ClaysTwinkleKeeper
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 03:00:01 PM »

Yeah...who won?

Diane
(coming out of lurkdom to post something so I don't get deleted with the recent spaming problems)
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 08:59:07 PM »

WE HAVE A WINNER.....WE HAVE A WINNER........WE HAVE A WINNER........WE HAVE A WINNER.....WE HAVE A WINNER......WE HAVE A WINNER......
YES, we have a winner in the Claymaniacs contest to guess the sales in the first week of Clay's CD release!!! 

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU THAT ENTERED OUR CONTEST!!!! 

We received 57 entries from our members!!!!!  Clapping

And the contest entries ranged from 25, 000 to 1 million!!!!!  Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!!

As we NOW know, Clay's first week sales were 211,234.

Our winner was SURPRISINGLY close!!!!  shocking

Drumroll....................................

Our winner is Spikee, with a guess of 207,671.  CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU SPIKEE!!!!!!!!!  Cheer! Cheer! Cheer! wheee wheee wheee confetti2 confetti2 confetti2 Congratulations

Spikee will receive a CD holder that says "Clay tunes" on it, to house her Clay CDs.  And also a Clay Live / Best of 2005-6 CD compliments of the Claymaniacs staff!!!!!

We are SO happy to announce Spikee as our latest winner.  Watch for more Claymaniacs contests in the future.
Woodstock

ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 02:08:33 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS SPIKEE    Congratulations YOU ARE A SWEETHEArT & I AM SO HAPpY YOU WON   Clapping Clapping.

WOODY, THANKS TO YOU,  THE MODERATORS & ANY OTHERS WHO PUT TOGETHER THIS FUN CONTEST  Clapping Clapping

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
Spikee
Enthusiastic

X X X X

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 04:50:40 AM »

Jaw drop! Jaw drop! Jaw drop! Jaw drop! Jaw drop!

I can't beliefe it!  I never win anything! 

Thank you so much!  I really have no idea where I got that number from either!  I just typed a number and sent it. 

Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana

bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

I did what I had to ~
On My Way Here
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 06:55:23 AM »

SPIKEE - CONGRATULATIONS.  SORRY I AM LATE. Celebrate Congratulations confetti2 confetti2 confetti2 confetti2 confetti2 confetti2  HEY YOU HAVE WON THINGS BEFORE.  ALL NEW FRIENDS Huggles
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 07:15:58 AM »

Congratulations

I'm happy that you won.
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 07:26:28 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS, SPIKEE!!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 08:01:15 AM »

Congratulations Spikee!!!!!! Well done.  Clapping

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 08:21:51 AM »

Way to go Spikee girl!!!! Woohoo! Woohoo! Woohoo! Congratulations Not Worthy Not Worthy wheee confetti2 confetti2 sometimes just not thinking and a pure guesstimate works very well Wink

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 08:50:10 AM »

Congrats Spikee!!!

Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana

Purple Banana Purple Banana

Congratulations Congratulations Congratulations Congratulations Congratulations

Enjoy your winning. bigsmile

Lolita

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
Spikee
Enthusiastic

X X X X

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 10:44:14 AM »

SPIKEE - CONGRATULATIONS.  SORRY I AM LATE. Celebrate Congratulations confetti2 confetti2 confetti2 confetti2 confetti2 confetti2  HEY YOU HAVE WON THINGS BEFORE.  ALL NEW FRIENDS Huggles

I don't know how my life could have survive without all of you here at Claymaniacs. 

'Talking' to everyone here and meeting so many has been SO enjoyable for both Dick and myself.  Yes!  We wouldn't trade a minute of it.  No!
I truly believe that we have the BEST people on this site.  Big Hug!

Thank you everyone for the congrats.   bigsmile

I did what I had to ~
On My Way Here
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2006, 03:20:54 PM »

Congratulations Celebration Congratulations Celebration Congratulations Celebration Congratulations

Great job, Spikee!!

Can I hire you to help me with the Sale numbers now???  lmao lmao

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 03:36:30 PM »

Congratulations Spikee!!!!

confetti2  confetti2  confetti2  confetti2  confetti2  confetti2  confetti2  confetti2

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 04:06:11 PM »

Spikee!!!!!!! - Congratulations -  Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx