gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:29:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 287
Total: 287

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sunday Roundtable Discussion: Video Making  (Read 5188 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: August 27, 2006, 08:22:16 AM »

Okay, everyone! Here's your chance to be your most creative.  Smile

You get to play producer, writer, director, and choreographer for Clay's next video.

Tell us all how you would like Team Clay to do the video for "Without You".

Set the scene, set the background, set the clothes, and even the extras.

If you need some help, just listen to the single HERE ON CLAY'S MYSPACE

Have fun!!! bigsmile

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 09:04:05 AM »

ACTUALLY, DEANNA, I HAVE AN IMAGE IN MY HEAD WHEN I LISTEN TO IT.  I SEE CLAY IN HIS HOME---ANY BEAUTIFUL HOME WITHOUT  THAT STUPID FRINGED THING IN IT--AS A LOVELY WOMAN IS LOOKING AT HIM.  SHE HAS HER HAND ON THE DOORKNOB AND SHE IS LEAVING THE HOUSE.  FOR SOME REASON HER LONG HAIR IS BLOWING IN THE WIND AS SHE OPENS THE DOOR AND HE WATCHES HER LEAVE.  SHE TURNS TO LOOK AT HIM AND CONTINUES WALKING IN SLOW MOTION, HAIR STILL BLOWING.   SHE IS WEARING A FILMY DRESS THAT BLOWS IN THE BREEZE ALSO. HE IS WEARING THOSE JEANS AND SHIRT FROM THE CD COVER.  NO JACKET AND NO T-SHIRT.  NO SHOES.  THE CAMERA SLOWLY SWIRLS AROUND HIM AS HE SINGS--HER IMAGE SUPERIMPOSED ONTO THE SCREEN EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE.  HIM EMOTING AS ONLY HE CAN DO. 

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 09:33:31 AM »

ACTUALLY, DEANNA, I HAVE AN IMAGE IN MY HEAD WHEN I LISTEN TO IT.  I SEE CLAY IN HIS HOME---ANY BEAUTIFUL HOME WITHOUT  THAT STUPID FRINGED THING IN IT--AS A LOVELY WOMAN IS LOOKING AT HIM.  SHE HAS HER HAND ON THE DOORKNOB AND SHE IS LEAVING THE HOUSE.  FOR SOME REASON HER LONG HAIR IS BLOWING IN THE WIND AS SHE OPENS THE DOOR AND HE WATCHES HER LEAVE.  SHE TURNS TO LOOK AT HIM AND CONTINUES WALKING IN SLOW MOTION, HAIR STILL BLOWING.   SHE IS WEARING A FILMY DRESS THAT BLOWS IN THE BREEZE ALSO. HE IS WEARING THOSE JEANS AND SHIRT FROM THE CD COVER.  NO JACKET AND NO T-SHIRT.  NO SHOES.  THE CAMERA SLOWLY SWIRLS AROUND HIM AS HE SINGS--HER IMAGE SUPERIMPOSED ONTO THE SCREEN EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE.  HIM EMOTING AS ONLY HE CAN DO. 

GWENN
GWENN - CAN I BE THAT WOMAN PRETTY PLEASE.   GOD THAT REALLY SOUNDS VERY SULTRY AND EDGY AND  Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 02:25:05 PM »

I'm off the subject somewhat, but when I hear "Clay video," I can't help but think of our "favorite" show,  pull hair eek! Puke TRL!!!!

The possibility of a video reminded me of my TRL poem for THE WAY........

Phone Phone  Phone  Phone

WARRIORS FOR "THE WAY"

The Aiken Army marches on
Led by our General, Lorraine.
As she and others make it known
Our votes for Clay are not in vain!

"Invisible" and now, "The Way,"
We've kept for weeks in the top five,
On TRL, a show each day
With teens and videos, that's live!

We Warriors spend extra time
And click, click, click to vote, vote, vote!
With hours going by online,
Hundreds of votes, almost by rote!

For one half hour each week day,
(It does not matter where we are!)
We vote by phone for our man Clay.
(At home, at work or in the car!)

At times, our phone votes number six,
Or two or three, or even nine!
(We've wondered if the voting's fixed!
It's something that's been on our mind!)

These are the last days for "The Way!"
Let's 'up our votes' this final mile!
(Please, no more videos, dear Clay,
At least, let's wait a little while!!!)

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Tessie
Claymaniac

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 03:08:25 PM »

The scene is a modern house, made out of wood, and located on a beach front so that the rear of the house looks out toward the ocean.

The video begins with Clay watching a woman who is putting the last of her belongings in some sort of suitcase/carry on bag type of thing.  He is dressed casually...pants, some type of shirt open at the collar..and barefoot...he is at home.  I, too, see her in some sort of flowy dress with sandals on her feet...also with long hair...a brunette for some reason.

He just watches her as she gathers her belongings and follows her as she walks to the door.  He watches as she opens the door.  She turns to look at him....a small, sad smile on her face, eyes filled with tears.  She turns back and walks out the door.  I, too, see her hair blowing as she walks up a path and out of his life.

The video shifts to Clay.  He watches, unbelieving, as she walks out of his life.  With the words..."Can't live..if living is without you"..he walks through the rooms of his house...now empty of things which once belonged to her.  He looks at photos which remain, touches places they were together, and remembers good times they had.  Scenes of them talking, laughing, embracing, kissing...are imposed throughout.

He walks through the sliding glass door and through the sand to the ocean. He walks slowly down the beach, images of them together and then him alone fill the screen as the video comes to an end.
sjlogghe
SuperFan

Clay's Geography Tutor

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 03:21:26 PM »

Tessie - great idea for a video, but good luck getting him near the ocean for that one!!!  Laughing

I don't have time to read everyon's scenarios or post my own - but hopefully soon I will be able to!

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for . . .
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 03:31:35 PM »

I'm off the subject somewhat, but when I hear Clay video, I can't help but think of our "favorite" show,  pull hair eek! Puke TRL!!!!

The possibility of a video reminded me of my TRL poem for THE WAY........

Phone Phone  Phone  Phone

WARRIORS FOR "THE WAY"

The Aiken Army marches on
Led by our General, Lorraine.
As she and others make it known
Our votes for Clay are not in vain!

"Invisible" and now, "The Way,"
We've kept for weeks in the top five,
On TRL, a show each day
With teens and videos, that's live!

We Warriors spend extra time
And click, click, click to vote, vote, vote!
With hours going by online,
Hundreds of votes, almost by rote!

For one half hour each week day,
(It does not matter where we are!)
We vote by phone for our man Clay.
(At home, at work or in the car!)

At times, our phone votes number six,
Or two or three, or even nine!
(We've wondered if the voting's fixed!
It's something that's been on our mind!)

These are the last days for "The Way!"
Let's 'up our votes' this final mile!
(Please, no more videos, dear Clay,
At least, let's wait a little while!!!)

Prissy

OH PRISSY HOW WE REMEMBER TRL   I WAS HOPING BEYOND HOPE THAT CLAY DIDN'T HAVE TO BE ON THEIR.  BUT I WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO PUT ON HONEY TOP OF THE CHARTS.
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 03:45:05 PM »

Gwenn and Tessie--I love them both!!   In the words of the famous Donald Trump, "You're Hired!!"  bigsmile

Just to show what Clay means by a thousand different interpretations, here goes: Wink

The scene starts at a Clay concert, with thousands of screaming fans, just as Clay finishes his encore. The lights come up and the fans are all seen leaving the venue.  Clay walks to a stool set mid-stage and takes off his jacket, unbuttons the first few buttons of his shirt, and kicks off his shoes. (showing his striped socks  Laughing) Then he starts singing "Without You" as the fans all file out. He sings it with a ton of angst and longing as a tribute to all his fans.

While he is singing, the background flashes with scenes from the prior concert showing the love of Claynation.

As the song ends, one lonely fan is seen laying a solitary rose on the stage as tears roll down her cheeks because she is so moved by his rendition.

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Tessie
Claymaniac

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 04:19:25 PM »

Wow Deanna...yours was a totally different concept, and I loved reading it.

I knew someone would catch me on the beach thing, but I wouldn't have put Clay too close to the ocean.   ROFLMAO  Just sort of walking up the sand.

I thought it was funny that both Gwenn and I imagined him barefoot and with the woman wearing the same type of dress and with the wind blowing.

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 08:57:12 AM »

I will be on topic this time!! Wink

I envision Clay again as a troubadour or the character "off stage" in a sense like his character in JNT II and in THE WAY video.

The video is vignettes of famous movie good-bye scenes:  Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman in CASABLANCA,  Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable in GONE WITH THE WIND, Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood in BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY, and I'm sure there are other more recent ones.  The camera has Clay watching each scene and singing his heart out.  And the scenes go back and forth from Clay to the movie good-byes with the final scenes being the real tear jerkers.

This may or may not appeal to the younger crowd, but I think it would to some of us "older fans."  Wink

Hugs,
Prissy

PS:  Of course, Clay would have to get permission to use the movie clips, but that's a possibility.

Tessie
Claymaniac

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 09:42:20 AM »

Prissy..

Good one.  I, for one, would like to see your video!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 01:03:34 PM »

Thanks, Tessie and Lorraine,

Tessie, I liked your ideas for the video and also, Deanna and Gwenn, you had some very creative thoughts, too.

Hugs,
Prissy

PS:  I got this idea of Clay being on the sidelines because that seems to have been his choice in the video for THE WAY and in the JNT II concerts.

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 05:39:38 PM »

WOW!! I LOVE THESE SCENES!! GWENN AND TESSIE- MINE WAS VERY SIMILAR TO YOURS, SO I WON'T POST IT.

BUT....HOW ABOUT A COMBINATION OF THE WOMAN PACKING AND LEAVING---------SWITCH TO THE STAGE---AND DEANNA'S SCENARIO BLENDS IN---THAT HIS FANS ARE LEAVING THE ARENA, TOO!!

DANGIT!! THIS WOULD MAKE ME CRY LOTS AND LOTS!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx