gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:12:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 418
Total: 418

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Listen To All of the New CD Songs  (Read 4359 times)
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« on: August 22, 2006, 02:34:29 PM »

USendIt has this link available for download - a few seconds of each song:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=35E691172396D0EE&rcpt=mgm_pat

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 08:49:36 PM »

Thanks Frankie!

Here's the listing of samples in order:

1. Right Here Waiting
2. Lonely No More
3. Without You
4. Every Time You Go Away
5. Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
6. When I See You Smile
7. A Thousand Days
8. Everything I Do (I Do It For You)
9. Because You Loved Me
10. I Want To Know What Love Is (Duet w/Suzie McNeil)
11. These Open Arms
12. Here You Come Again
13. Everything I Have
14. Broken Wings

Also, as noted by Clandy in our Forum Update thread,

The ATDW preview clips are now available in our CLACK DOWNLOADS section!  ....please choose 'Save' to save this to your computer and NOT 'Open' which will use up our bandwidth.

Enjoy!

I know everyone has been discussing the songs in Critical Mass or other threads, but please tell us what you think here as well!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 05:05:28 AM »

I DO FIND THAT THESE SNIPPETS ARE INTRIGUING. LISTENING CLOSELY ( AND IT TOOK ME ABOUT 43 TIMES TO REALLY GET AN INFORMED VIEW) YOU CAN HEAR THE BREATHINESS, THE GUTTURAL THROAT THING....excuse me I need a minute..........AND MINI GROWLS. AND THATS ONLY 30 SECONDS WORTH.
I THINK THE WHOLE CD WILL PROBABLY REDUCE ME TO A QUIVERING MASS OF JELLO.

BUT SERIOUSLY- I THINK CLAY BROUGHT OUT SOME OF THE SENSUAL CLAY THAT WE SAW ON TOUR. I HOPE ANY VIDEO OR TV APPEARANCE WILL ONLY ENHANCE THAT .......ALTHOUGH MEDICAL DOCTORS MAY HAVE TO STAND BY AT ANY MASS VIEWING. (ARE THEY ON CALL FOR THE CD RELEASE PARTIES?)

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 05:08:25 AM »

MARILYN - I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE.  WE KNEW DEEP DOWN INSIDE THERE WAS THE SENSUAL CLAY AND IT SURE DID COME OUT ON THE JUKEBOX TOUR AND NOW IN HIS NEW CD. Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud!  I AM GOING TO BE A MASS OF MUCK AFTER LISTENING TO HIM SING EACH AND EVERY SONG.

HUGS
RAINEY
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 05:34:45 AM »

What I think is that Our Baby has grown up - Good Grief!  shocking  What a CD!!!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 07:45:43 AM »

Well..here goes with my biased opinion!!! WHAT?? It is not like posting an opinion on a Clay Fan Site is UNbiased!!

By song based on the snippets:

Right Here Waiting- Could barely tell the difference between the original voice, which was great and Clays. Good? I think so. Richard Marx, imo, sang that song wonderfully and was always a favorite for me. Yes, I purchased RM CD's as a "child". Wink

Lonely No More- I loved the tone of the song. I like when Clay doesn't sing "pretty" as I call it. (As in "Without You") but instead with moxy behind his voice! I DO believe I will love this song. I can't wait to hear the rest of the words!!

Without You- Sort of already posted on this one. Never liked the song before, I like Clays version but am not in love with it. (I honestly still hear Mariah's version when I think of the song) Gotta hand it to him though, he belts!!

Everytime You Go Away- Breathy is always good in my ears, from Clay. I hope I like the rest..so far, on the right track. Just not a favorite song of mine!

Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word- This is the song I most looked forward to hearing. After Clays performance of DLTSGDOM by Elton, I knew Clay had the voice to really bring forth an Elton song. I still think I am right. I really liked the sound and look very much forward to hearing the rest!!

When I See You Smile- Love the song. Then and now. Another one that could really allow Clay to belt! I think he will on the chorus! Can't wait to see/hear this performance LIVE!! Bring on the lighters and cell phones and glow lights on this one! It will look like New York City in that audience!!

1000 Days- I have always liked the song at first hearing. As a matter of fact, I think it is the most "pop" sounding song on the CD and could be a favorite of those that have not heard it. I like this one..for SURE!

Everything I Do (I do it for you)- Again, a "pretty" sounding song! If you like the song, you will probably like the cover. He doesn't "hurt it" in anyway that I heard...again, I think you just have to have a fondness for the song. I am on the fence. I did like to hear Brian sing it, but it was a different place and time.

Because You Loved Me- Scary song to cover. Celine? Clay? We all know he has the vox...now to place it with that song? Maybe. My question was immediately- "What the heck is that MUSIC??" I want to hear the rest because I am having a hard time with that one with only a 30 second clip...it may have to grow on me? Celine's version, to me, is flawless. Pretty song..I just need to hear more.

I Wanna Know What Love Is- very popular song. One I thank goodness I always liked! I think the Duet sounds good. I really like her voice. I did not watch the show she was on...powerful. There aren't a lot of chicks out there that can "over" power" Clay. I don't think she is..but the rest of the song will tell. So far, I like what I hear!

These Open Arms- I never heard the original until someone posted the clip. It is one of those "repetitive" songs to me but I like it. I also think Clay sounds great on it. It is sung in that "tone" that I like from Clay! Powerful, not pretty. I can't wait to hear the rest!

Here You Come Again- Umm..couldn't imagine hearing the song any different from Dolly's. Interesting. I didn't hate it. Laughing Another one that I personally need some more from to form an honest opinion of my own.

Everything I Have- I think the song, in it's entirty, may make me cry. I really want to hear the words on this one. It sounds, sort of, like Clay talking to us? Maybe? The clip says.."I can only give you everything I have"...and it is sung "pretty". For some reason, I think this one will stand out for me on the CD.

Broken Wings- I was hoping for more "powerful" Clay behind this song. I think that as the song goes on, it will be. It sounded different than I thought it would be. I sort of like the song. I saw Mister Mister perform it, years ago! It always stood out in my mind..the lead singers long coat being blown open by a fan (No, not a "fan" but an electric one! I can see the images of Clay fans, in the audience, just blowing away!! Laughing Laughing) Another that I want to hear the whole version!

So...there you have it!

Pamela said to tell us "what you think"..so I did.

Any other takers??

Please, feel free to disagree with me on anything. I would readily disagree with you, if I felt the need. Laughing Laughing

Lora

playingclay
Claymaniac

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 09:38:03 AM »

I was just on the phone talking to my friend about these downloads.  My problem, as I told her, I am not sure if I want to hear the song segments.  It is sort of like sneaking a peek at my Christmas presents before Christmas.  Well, we'll see if I can hold out. Laughing

Holding out and Clay don't seem to go together. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Love my clayshake---warm milk and a couple of scoops of vanilla icecream....especially at bedtime.
Keeper of the wind to blow the shirts up.
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 09:49:59 AM »

Listening to the clip of "Everything I Have", it sounds like it has potential to be part of a movie soundtrack - especially a Disney one. I'm probably reaching for things, but the music is just so subtle and has that Disney feel to it - especially when he finishes the words "...everything I have." The subtle sound of the chimes in the background jumped out at me.

The lyrics are reminiscent of the "Princess" movies, with maybe the exception of Sleeping Beauty. I wonder if the company has a new animation coming out ... Don't Know

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 09:52:09 AM »

Listening to the clip of "Everything I Have", it sounds like it has potential to be part of a movie soundtrack - especially a Disney one. I'm probably reaching for things, but the music is just so subtle and has that Disney feel to it - especially when he finishes the words "...everything I have." The subtle sound of the chimes in the background jumped out at me.

The lyrics are reminiscent of the "Princess" movies, with maybe the exception of Sleeping Beauty. I wonder if the company has a new animation coming out ... Don't Know

I like the idea Miss Lindsay!

I am there...even if the movie is about Snakes on a Plane.

Oh wait- that's already been done. Laughing Why didn't I think of that? I could be rich..or made fun of.

Lora
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 10:12:58 AM »

Frankie,

I clicked on the link but it said:

The download limit has been reached for this file.

Error

The link you have clicked is not available.

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 11:46:24 AM »

Prissy, see my post about the download section for another source.

Directions are in the forum updates thread stickied at the top of Clay Daily!

Thanks for your thoughts everyone - verrrry interesting!

I've only listened once, except for "Without You" which I've listened to on the official site, oh, about a hundred million times. So far. Wink  I am a little disappointed in the arrangements myself, but I really look forward to hearing Clay sing the songs backed by an actual band! I wish he could have had the full band in the studio, and have a feeling the songs will have a different vibe when performed live, with the band.   

Clay sounds amazing though.  *gish*

Also, I'm wondering about a tour supporting this CD, with all the slow ballads, and what other songs he will add in order to bring the energy level up.  I have some suggestions, call me Clay! 

Laughing lmao Laughing
gagran
Claylicious

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 07:40:05 AM »

I have a couple of questions.

I know that A Thousand Days, These Open Arms and Lonely No More are three of the new songs. Which song is the 4th new song?

Also I can figure out some of the acronyms (4 letter or less Laughing).

Do we have a list anywhere here of all the songs and acronyms?

I really admire clay's interest in and knowledge of disability issues. I also admire all his other"assets"!!

In loving memory of my "neighbor" jj
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 09:17:57 AM »

gagran - The fourth new song is "Everything I Have." Also, here is a list of the songs, in order, and their acronyms

Right Here Waiting - Right Here Waiting
Lonely No More - Lonely No More
Without You - Without You
Every Time You Go Away - Every Time You Go Away
Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word - Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word
When I See You Smile - When I See You Smile
A Thousand Days - A Thousand Days
Everything I Do (IDFY) - Everything I Do (I Do It For You)
Because You Loved Me - Because You Loved Me
I Want to Know What Love Is - I Want To Know What Love Is
These Open Arms - These Open Arms
Here You Come Again - Here You Come Again
Everything I Have - Everything I Have
Broken Wings - Broken Wings

Ohh ... well, someone is messing with my mind. Laughing The word filters have been changed so that when someone types the acronym the full title appears. That's a good thing!

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
gagran
Claylicious

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 10:59:24 AM »

Cool Beans for the word filters 

I really admire clay's interest in and knowledge of disability issues. I also admire all his other"assets"!!

In loving memory of my "neighbor" jj
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx