gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:26:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 347
Total: 347

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JULY 26  (Read 3413 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: July 26, 2006, 01:59:36 AM »

Thus far, no reality show has produced a major musical act that wasn't white. Fantasia, winner of the third cycle of "American Idol" made a splash. But it doesn't compare to the impact made by Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken or Carrie Underwood.

Speaking of reality shows, "Making The Band 3" is my favorite reality show yet I hate that damn show. I hate it because it's taking too long to make a band that probably won't last as a band anyway. Besides black people, urban acts black people don't fair so well on reality television anyway.

SOHH the lives and times of Diddy's newest band, Danity Kane, are being served to us in itty bitty 30 minute segments that actually make for predictable yet addictive t.v. Each episode I sit and watch and wait to see which girl Diddy brings to tears. I wade through all the staged testimonials, the trickery, the 'sudden', repetitive epiphanies that Aubrey can't sing. It get's on my damn nerves for real.

But every Thursday I watch and wait knowing that we are one step closer to... a band. And why, why do I put myself through it? Thus far, no reality show has produced a major musical act that wasn't white. Fantasia, winner of the third cycle of "American Idol" made a splash. But it doesn't compare to the impact made by Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken or Carrie Underwood.

SOHHBLOGS

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 02:04:39 AM »

Giving Clay Aiken His Due
Posted by McPheend on 25 Jul 2006 9:14 am. Filed under Clay Aiken.
NOTE: American Idol Worship would like to apologize for its previous remarks about Clay Aiken that some fans have taken exception to. While it was never our intent to disparage Clay, we realize that our attempt at humor was in poor taste and we would like to formally apologize to both the singer and his legions of fans.

It has been suggested by one fan that we highlight Clay’s charitable work, and it is our pleasure to give the 27-year-old his due.

Apart from his music career, Clay has dedicated himself to education and children’s causes across the world. Few people can match his amazing record of giving and we feel all American Idol fans should be made aware of it, as he is helping make the world a better place.

His interest in autism issues led him, along with Diane Bubel (whose son Michael is autistic, and was tutored by Aiken), to found the Bubel/Aiken Foundation (BAF), which supports the integration of disabled children into the life environment of their non-disabled peers. The BAF, which was given a $500,000 grant from the U.S. government, runs summer camps which reflect this mission, and also presents awards to volunteer efforts of children with physical and mental disabilities.

Aiken has often donated his time and voice to benefit events and concerts, including the 2004 Rosalynn Carter Benefit, the America’s Promise Benefit, and Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, and the “Arthur Celebrity Audiobook (Stories for Heroes Series),” which benefits the BAF and other charities.

Clay was a proud spokesman of the 2004 Toys for Tots drive, and remains an ambassador for the Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC). In addition, Aiken donated his clothes from his American Idol performance on March 11, 2003 to the North Carolina Museum of History in Raleigh.

In 2004, he was appointed UNICEF National Ambassador by the U.S., with a mission to help ensure that children everywhere are afforded a primary education. Through his work with UNICEF, Aiken participated in the NBC4 telethon, which raised over $10 million, and recorded public service announcements in support of South Asian tsunami relief.

In March 2005, UNICEF sent Aiken to tsunami-stricken Banda Aceh area to raise awareness for the need to restore education quickly to the children who survived this disaster, in order to provide stability in a time of great loss. In April 2005, on behalf of UNICEF, he appeared before the United States House of Representatives Subcommittee on Foreign Operations, Export Financing and Related Programs of the Committee on Appropriations.

In May 2005, UNICEF sent Aiken on another mission, to northern Uganda, to witness the plight of children called “night commuters,” who flee the villages each night to sleep in streets and shelters in hopes of avoiding being kidnapped by the Lord’s Resistance Army [LRA]. Aiken was the 2005 spokesperson for the Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF drive.

Aiken continues to devote his time and energy to some of the world’s most important causes and we at American Idol Worship would like to commend him for his efforts.

You da man, Clay.

AMERICANIDOLWORSHIP

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 02:08:27 AM »

Clay Aiken
Demand it! 1,750  people in 137  places

Rock/Pop
Hot demands for Clay Aiken:
 1. Grand Rapids metro area (158)
2. Detroit metro area (164)
3. Lansing, Michigan, USA (152)
4. Baltimore, Maryland, USA (55)
5. Cleveland metro area (29)
6. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA (17)
7. Portland metro area (31)
8. Louisville, Kentucky, USA (7)
9. Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA (20)
10. Boston metro area (20

EVENTFUL.COM/DEMAND

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 02:11:03 AM »

However, I do possess a modicum of general awareness and am cognizant enough to see that we have a new blog from Mr. Aiken!! Hurray!!! I'm so excited to think we'll have new pictures to lick make out with drool on laminate and archive!!!

And yay! for the stripey socks!!

Gosh, to be a fly on the wall during that photo shoot.
Read the rest:  ( Smile)

TAKINGAMOMENTBLOGSPOT

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 02:15:15 AM »

For some reason (vacation maybe  scratch), Lycos has not updated their Top 50 Searches list since July 8th.  I would like to suggest we keep searching just the same.  bigsmile

LYCOS50

Clay "is" the "News"
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 02:53:59 AM »

HELLO DEANNA  wave & ANYONE ELSE JOINING IN
THANKS FOR THE NEWS & REMINDER ABOUT LYCO.

HAVE A SUPER DAY EVERYONE
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 03:05:06 AM »

wave Angela!  morning

morning coffee morning coffee morning coffee morning coffee morning coffee morning coffee

Hey everyone!  Have some  with your news.

bigsmile

Clay "is" the "News"
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 03:46:37 AM »

Good Morning Deanna and Angela:coffee

It's HUMP DAY for all you worker bees. 

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 03:50:01 AM »

Morning M.B. Angela and Star....and what a hump to get over today....

Have a unhumpful kinda day....

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 04:08:20 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND THE REST OF THE NEWS CREW

THANKS FOR THE NEWS DEANNA AND I SURE HOPE SOMETHING BREAKS SOON.

HAVE A GOOD HUMP DAY ONE AND ALL AND WILL CHECK BACK LATER FOR UPDATES.

HUGS
RAINEY
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 05:25:04 AM »

Have a unhumpful kinda day....

Jayne!!!!   lmao 

Exactly how does one go about having an "unhumpful kind of day"?   Naughty

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 05:32:26 AM »

Exactly how does one go about having an "unhumpful kind of day"?   

Avoid speed bumps!  Laughing   your mind in the gutter again Miss Lori????   

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

ILClaymate
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 06:33:20 AM »

morning coffee  Good morning!

Posted by swot2003 at CV:
Reminder for Austin and Central Tx fans:

Austin and Central Tx Clay Fans gathering
Date: Saturday July 29th, 2006
Time: 1pm to 5 or 6pm

La Madeleine cafe, bakery and bistro
9828 Great Hills Trail, Suite 650, Austin 78759
183 & Great Hills Trail
TEL: 512-502-2474
http://www.lamadeleine.com/Location.aspx?CityID=2

pm me if interested.
feel free to post on other boards, thanks!
ILClaymate
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 06:37:37 AM »

Clay contributed to David Foster's 2005 River Rock Gala Auction to raise money for Foster's Foundation that helps pay for organ transplants for children in Canada. Doesn't say what Clay contributed but his name is on the list on the right.

Very special thanks to all those who played a part in making the 2005 River Rock Charity Gala a reality:

143 Records
24 Frames Film & Video
Air Canada
Andre Agassi
Beau Photo Supply
Canada Wide Magazines and Communications Ltd.
Clay Aiken
Su Bailey
CBC
CBS
<more...>

DAVIDFOSTERANDFRIENDS

ILClaymate
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 06:42:36 AM »

Posted by Notacanuck at CH:

Saw this on a MySpace blog:

People.com pic of Clay & Ruben at Kelly's concert
My sister's best friend went to school with the fella on the left side of the pic. Recognize him? Yea - Clay Aiken. He came to Raleigh over the holiday to see the Kelly Clarkson concert. So anyway - my lil sis and her bff got a call to hang out with him the night of the concert! They went to dinner and the Kelly concert (with backstage passes!) Afterwards they all went to the star's house for a while... Oh yea, have you noticed the guy on the right side of the pic? Sure enough! That's Reuben Studdard! He was there the whole evening too! I think she enjoyed her night in the lime light! I think I'm more jealous of her meeting Reuben - sorry Clay! I guess I can live vicariously through her excitment!
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 06:44:33 AM »

Good Morning everyone!!!

Thanks for all the news.

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 07:17:37 AM »

JUST A QUICK CHECK-IN.  I SURE COULD USE SOME GOOD NEWS.  SO FAR MY MORNING AS BEEN QUITE EVENTFUL.  A TICKET ON THE WAY TO WORK AND I JUST MAKE THE WATER FROM THE WATER COOLER SPILL ALL OVER THE FLOOR.

O.K. SO WHATS THE THIRD THING.

INTERESTING THAT CLAY AT ALL THOSE FRIENDS OVER HIS HOUSE AFTER THE CONCERT.  GEE I WONDER WHY I WASN'T INVITED. Laughing Laughing

HUGS
RAINEY
Helen from Minnesota
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 07:33:32 AM »

:wavelorraine, You were probably invited your invitation got lost in the mail thats all! lmao Jamma
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »

Just went over to OFC to see if any new media pics were posted
Relax- nothing new

However, the ones he posted for the "New Album Shoot"- which were posted a while ago- confirms the fact that what he was probably talking about in his blog were the PICTURES from that shoot. Everyone was arguing that he had just shot the pics that day or the day before, so this confirms my idea (and many others) that it was probably the proofs he was reviewing when he blogged.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 10:07:10 AM »

Posted by Notacanuck at CH:

Saw this on a MySpace blog:

People.com pic of Clay & Ruben at Kelly's concert
My sister's best friend went to school with the fella on the left side of the pic. Recognize him? Yea - Clay Aiken. He came to Raleigh over the holiday to see the Kelly Clarkson concert. So anyway - my lil sis and her bff got a call to hang out with him the night of the concert! They went to dinner and the Kelly concert (with backstage passes!) Afterwards they all went to the star's house for a while... Oh yea, have you noticed the guy on the right side of the pic? Sure enough! That's Reuben Studdard! He was there the whole evening too! I think she enjoyed her night in the lime light! I think I'm more jealous of her meeting Reuben - sorry Clay! I guess I can live vicariously through her excitment!

Love how the excited Ruben fan spelled his name wrong! rofl

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx