gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:40:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 369
Total: 369

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JULY 24  (Read 4056 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: July 24, 2006, 02:06:01 AM »

Clay Aiken's second non-holiday album is due Sept. 19. His debut, "Measure of a Man," released Oct. 14, 2003, sold 2.8 million copies

How much "Idol" can the marketplace stand?
No fewer than eight albums from "American Idol" contestants are slated for release between Sept. 12 and mid-November. And three of the most recent season's stars have discs landing the same day: Nov. 14.

The last release from an "Idol" winner, season four's Carrie Underwood, has sold a remarkable 3.2 million units. Runner-up Bo Bice sold 641,000 -- a respectable number for debuts, but barely tolerable in the "AI" world.

RCA Music Group insiders figure 400,000-500,000 copies are sold as a souvenir of the show; anything above that is evidence that the music is finding an audience.

First up in the "AI" lineup is Mario Vazquez, the fourth-season dropout who was signed to 19 Recordings, which has the right to ink any of the show's 12 finalists. The bestseller among contestants who weren't in the final two is Josh Gracin, whose self-titled debut on Disney's Lyric Street imprint sold 667,000.

Clay Aiken's second non-holiday album is due Sept. 19. His debut, "Measure of a Man," released Oct. 14, 2003, sold 2.8 million copies.

On Sept. 26, Ruben Studdard's third CD arrives. His debut, "Soulful," released Dec. 9, 2003, tallied 1.8 million.

Fantasia Barrino's soph effort is due Oct. 17. "Free Yourself," released the same day as Studdard's last disc, has sold 1.7 million.

On Nov. 14, last year's winner, Taylor Hicks, again goes head-to-head with runner-up Katharine McPhee and country singer Kellie Pickler. An album from hard rocker Chris Daughtry also is due in the fourth quarter.

The last time "AI" releases were bunched together was Nov. 23-Dec. 7, 2004, with Studdard, Barrino, Clarkson's "Breakaway" and Diana DeGarmo's "Blue Skies" hitting retail in a two-week period.

The big winner was "Breakaway," the biggest-selling "Idol"-related album in the U.S. at 5.4 million copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The loser was teenager DeGarmo, whose "Blue Skies" debuted at No. 52 and was off the top 200 a month later; it has sold only 165,000 copies.
VARIETY

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 02:09:49 AM »

Two years ago, Chris Daughtry's group Absent Element won a battle-of-the-bands contest. The prize was a gig at Raleigh's Alltel Pavilion at Walnut Creek -- early on a Saturday morning during a ticket-sales promotion. "We'd been under the assumption we'd be on the side stage inside," recalls Daughtry, calling from an "American Idol" tour stop in Hershey, Pa. "Instead, we wound up outside, no stage, in the parking lot. But whatever, it was a little closer to the stage than we'd been a couple of years earlier. And I'd still be there if I hadn't been on the show."
The McLeansville rocker probably won't be playing any parking lots anytime soon after his run on "American Idol," which a lot of people thought he should have won. Instead, he was voted off May 10 for a fourth-place finish, which he attributed to fans' being so certain he'd win that they didn't see the urgency in voting.

Taylor Hicks went on to claim the big prize, but Daughtry has plenty of good things going on. He's on the "American Idol" concert tour alongside Hicks, Albemarle's Kellie Pickler, Rockingham's Bucky Covington and other season-five finalists. A homecoming show at Greensboro Coliseum is set for July 30.

But that's just a windup for Daughtry's debut album. He recently signed with 19/RCA Records, which will release the album this fall. A producer has been selected, but Daughtry can't say who it is yet.

Ian Pirie, head of 19 Records' U.S. division, describes a lot of real and virtual activity on the album.

"We're flying people in and out of the tour to work with Chris in hotel rooms before shows," Pirie says. "The great thing about technology is, with a laptop and some gear, you can trade ideas by uploading and downloading demos and works in progress. And he's got a lot of songs he's written himself over the years, which we're helping develop as well. We're not starting from ground zero."

While "American Idol" draws the biggest televised audience this side of the Super Bowl, it's different from most sporting events in one key way. As soon as the Super Bowl ends, everybody forgets all about the loser. But "American Idol" losers can wind up doing as well as the winners, and occasionally even better. Consider Raleigh's Clay Aiken, 2003 runner-up, who has surpassed that year's winner, Ruben Studdard.

What's up with the other 'Idol' singersCLASS OF 2002

KELLY CLARKSON The winner had platinum-plus success with her first two albums and picked up two Grammy awards this year. Her next album is due early next year. Before it arrives, look for "Maximum Kelly Clarkson," an interview compilation coming out Aug. 8.

JUSTIN GUARINI The runner-up followed his 2003 self-titled debut with a self-released album of standards, "Stranger Things Have Happened," which he sells from his Web site: www.justinguarini.com.

CLASS OF 2003

RUBEN STUDDARD The winner, who attended Kelly Clarkson's July 3 Raleigh concert with hometown hero Clay Aiken, will release a new album, "Return of the Velvet Teddy Bear," on Sept. 26.

CLAY AIKEN The runner-up beats the winner to the stores with the Sept. 19 release of his third album. The tentative title is "A Thousand Different Ways."

KIMBERLEY LOCKE Curb Records will release the third-place finisher's second album, "Based on a True Story," about the time Studdard's and Aiken's discs arrive.

CLASS OF 2004

FANTASIA BARRINO The winner, a High Point native, releases her sophomore album Oct. 17. Before then fans can watch the Lifetime movie "The Fantasia Barrino Story: Life Is Not a Fairy Tale," premiering Aug. 19. Debbie Allen directs, and Fantasia stars.

DIANA DEGARMO The runner-up has taken a turn on Broadway as Penny Pingleton in "Hairspray," followed by a national tour of "Brooklyn the Musical." She also earned a credit as Cosmo's singing voice on the "Fairy Idol" episode of Nickelodeon's "The Fairly OddParents."

CLASS OF 2005

CARRIE UNDERWOOD The winner has scored on the Billboard singles charts, and her CD, "Some Hearts," made it to No. 2 on the albums chart. Plus she won two Country Music Association awards. Her tour, which stops in Fayetteville and Greensboro in September, is booked through October.

BO BICE The runner-up's debut, "The Real Thing," made it to No. 4 on the Billboard albums chart. His tour is also booked into fall. 

NEWSOBSERVER

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 02:13:51 AM »

The Parade Magazine did get a couple bigsmile of comments about Clay.

Here is an example:

Walter Scott's Personality Parade
Published: July 23, 2006
READER COMMENTS
Clay
By lilred on 7/24/2006 1:39:AM
I think that this style is right for Clay Aiken at this time in his life - both personal and professional - and when it's not, he'll change it, as simple as that. As for his "boyish charm", Clay is a Southern gentleman, and that CHARM will always be a part of him, along with his strong Faith, talent, compassion, wit, sense of humor, charisma, confidence - all of which make him an extremely attractive man. (Just looking at the picture again...I had forgotten what broad shoulders he has...) The Look, the Voice, the Man...and a new cd rumored out in September... that's some combination.

Click on the link to see how many there are: Wink
PARADE/COMMENTS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 02:16:47 AM »

Kimberley Locke offers advice to Mid-Michigan 'Idol' contestants
FLINT
Friday, July 21, 2006
By Doug Pullen

Kimberley Locke has some simple advice for anyone who plans to try out for "American Idol," including the 10 finalists in Saturday's Mid-Michigan Idols contest.

"Be true to yourself. Don't try to figure out and read the judges' minds about what they're looking for," she says. "You never know what they're looking for. Have fun."

She should know. Locke made it to the final three on the show's second season in 2002. She lost to Clay Aiken and winner Ruben Studdard
Read the rest:
MLIVE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 02:19:12 AM »

Waves of cool bands for a hot summer
(snip)
If you think Clay Aiken is pretty weak and Taylor Hicks can't hold a flame to your Joe Cocker impersonation, then head over to The Surf City Hotel on Wednesday and sign up for the LBI Idol Contest. Hosted by sensational Philadelphia-based band Eleven:Eleven and emceed by bartenders Kristen and Sue, the event has been making waves every week, and will continue all summer long.
APP

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 02:23:44 AM »

Here's a listing of Clay's filmography:

IMDB

Clay "is" the "News"
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 02:53:38 AM »

DEANNA & EVERYONE ELSE JOINING IN   wave

DEANNA THANKS FOR THE NEWS.

ENJOY YOUR DAY EVERYONE!!

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 03:05:34 AM »

wave

morning

lotsa coffee lotsa coffee

morning coffee morning coffee

morning

Have a good day everyone!! wave

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 03:17:26 AM »

Mornin' M.B.  Hope you had a fun weekend!

Hi Angela

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 03:22:41 AM »

wave
Good Morning Deanna and all the  claymaniacs. hope your week goes well.
September 19th sounds more likely. Purple Banana Purple Banana

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 03:27:10 AM »

morning Why am I up this early ?!?! Don't Know I still can't believe that MOAM has not hit the 3 Million mark in sales  (I keep hearing about people buying the CD, but the sales figures never seem to go up!) - I wish there was a place to go to get current sales figures - really current figures!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 03:38:39 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

WELL IT IS ANOTHER BLUE MONDAY BUT MAYBE THIS IS THE WEEK THAT SOME EXCITING NEWS WILL HAPPEN.  HECK IT KEEPS ME GOING.

HAVE A GOOD ONE AND WILL CHECK BACK LATER.

HUGS
RAINEY
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 06:31:35 AM »

morning Why am I up this early ?!?! Don't Know I still can't believe that MOAM has not hit the 3 Million mark in sales  (I keep hearing about people buying the CD, but the sales figures never seem to go up!) - I wish there was a place to go to get current sales figures - really current figures!

I WAS THINKING THAT, MYSELF - FRANKIE. I MEAN IT SOLD 2 MILLION VERY QUICKLY- AND THEN THERE WAS THE SPURT WHEN THE FANS WERE SUPPORTING HIM- AND AGAIN AFTER AI5. IT SEEMS HE SHOULD HAVE PASSED 3 MILLION BY NOW!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 08:10:08 AM »

Good Morning everyone!!!

I did get a Raleigh N&O yesterday.  Cannot believe how many responses Parade magazine has had.....oh wait, this is about Clay, maybe I can!!!!!!!! LOL

Have a great day.

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 08:41:01 AM »

Good morning everyone.

Thanks for the news.

I don't know if I should post this here but I have some kind of complain.

I'm having trouble logging in. It started Saturday. And it is still doing it today. I didn't mention it then thinking it was/is the heatwave causing it.

This is what's happening; Once I log in, I click forum. This whole site takes me back all the way to Friday the 21st. And the top left window says, "Welcome guest, please log in. I am not a computer savvy like some of you here but this is just weird.

Today, I was desperate to read some news of our Clay so after logging in, I tried clicking "forum" at the left. It still took me back to Friday. I then scroll all the way down and click Aiken's Network and I got it. I finally see today's date.

I'm not complaining I'm just wondering why this is happening. I have never encountered this kind of problem since I become a member in 2003. Prior to this, I just log in and do whatever I please. I don't have to scroll all the way down to make sure the date won't change on me. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.  ROFLMAO

Having to scroll down is not a big thing, the whole experience is just so weird. I'm sure there is a simple explanation to all this. And with my luck, I probably feel like an idiot for posting this but  it's okay. At least none of you can see me. Ha ha.

Thanks,

Lolita

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 11:26:05 AM »

Clay Aiken's second non-holiday album is due Sept. 19. His debut, "Measure of a Man," released Oct. 14, 2003, sold 2.8 million copies

I thought the official total was close to, if not more, than 4 million???

\"When was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you as opposed to someone who needed help?\" -- Clay Aiken
The amazingly talented, sexy young man who is Clay Aiken!!!!!
ILClaymate
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 12:18:04 PM »

Lolita ~ you may want to try deleting your temporary files and cookies.  This will delete any passwords/screennames you have saved in your computer however but this may be causing your problem with the website.  I've not received any other complaints about this problem.  If you have further problems, feel free to pm me.

I thought the official total was close to, if not more, than 4 million???

He is just shy of 3 million.  Hopefully once the ATDW is released he will finally go over the 3 million mark.
ILClaymate
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 12:21:19 PM »

One heinous international conspiracy (RFID chips)By DR. EMILIO BOMBAY
Star-Telegram Computer M.D

<snip>
Maybe you think that just because a clerk passes your new CD over something that goes “thunk” that its RFID tag is deactivated. Maybe the thing just goes “thunk,” and the chip is still broadcasting. Maybe the chip is even playing nearly inaudible Theremin music as you leave the store. Maybe you suddenly have a strange urge to head back and buy yet another Clay Aiken album. If you think about it, that’s the only way to account for his record sales.

DFW

*yeah...I'm sure that's it.  Roll eyes

lmatheson
Claymation

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 02:39:44 PM »

Boy, I never thought those comments about Clay's hair article in parade magazine is endless. No one non Clay fan will ever understand how passionate we are of The Aiken, kudos to you all who love Clay. This am. I heard a not so nice comment from one of the dj on our local radio. After the announcement about all the AI album coming out in november, the woman dj. said " ...and CLay Aiken album will be release Sept. 19, the mle dj. said that's another album no one will hear again." I was so upset I thought of calling the station to give them my piece of mind but I thought it might backfire  by  purposely not playing his cd on the radio at all. Ther are so many anti Clay all over so I just hope and really pray that Clay gets radio recognition. Now I feel better that I said this . thanks for listening  guys.lolita m.
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 04:21:26 PM »

I still can't believe that MOAM has not hit the 3 Million mark in sales  (I keep hearing about people buying the CD, but the sales figures never seem to go up!) - I wish there was a place to go to get current sales figures - really current figures!

The above 2.8 million sold is a prime example of what I call "lazy" journalism.  bigsmile
That 2.8 figure just happens to be one of the last known sales figures, in actually numbers, in the media.  Unfortunately, that figure comes from a few years ago!! argh! argh! But, I still keep seeing that figure because no one in the media has posted a New one and the jounalists are too lazy to do some actual investigation. 

Here's a snippet from an article that was posted 11/30/04 (also a couple of years ago):

Clay Aiken has had a phenomenal sales week. His new RCA Records Label release "Merry Christmas With Love," debuts at No. 1 on Billboard's Top Holiday Albums chart. Clay's holiday CD made history by selling 270,10 units in its first week, making it the biggest debut week sales figure for a Christmas album in the SoundScan era. The CD debuts at No. 4 on The Billboard 200, the highest debut for a holiday album in six years since Celine Dion.

"Merry Christmas With Love" is Clay's first Christmas CD. The follow-up to his triple-platinum album "Measure of a Man," the holiday set features classic Christmas songs like "Silent Night," "Winter Wonderland," "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)," and "Sleigh Ride," as well as some of Aiken's personal favorite tunes of the season, like "Don't Save It All for Christmas Day" and "Mary, Did You Know?" He also covers Sandi Patty "Merry Christmas With Love." Clay's holiday album was produced by Walter Afanasieff and Phil Ramone.
TVRULES
So MOAM has actually been considered Triple Platinum for the last couple of years. Wink

If any of you follow our CHARTING THE WATERS thread, then you know that even all these years later, MOAM is still selling.  Granted, probably not much, but still a little each and every day!!  I haven't seen an actual sales figure for MOAM in quite awhile.  I secretly hope that when ATDW goes on sale--some respected journalist will take the time to mention REAL sales numbers for MOAM.   bigsmile

Clay "is" the "News"
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx