gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:06:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 146
Total: 146

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Sales Tracking - Charting the Waters II  (Read 272504 times)
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #1440 on: January 20, 2008, 05:12:32 AM »

Jerry ~ I read somewhere that the release of Clay's new CD should be sometime in May.  As you said, we never know for sure but do hope so!

Thanks for the update.  Those numbers are better.  bigsmile

Clay's my Wings of Love!
Proud to be a Claymaniac!
geraldine
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #1441 on: January 24, 2008, 09:19:23 AM »

Barry Manilow's "Beautiful Ballads & Love Songs" CD debuts at #9 on the Top Internet Albums chart.

Taylor Swift's smash hit, "Our Song", which had been #1 for the last several weeks, was pushed out of the top of the country chart by Brad Paisley's "In a Letter To Me". Taylor Swift for those who don't know is a female country singer.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #1442 on: January 25, 2008, 04:20:59 AM »

Jerry- Would you happen to know how many weeks Barry Manilow''s recent CD was on the top 10 Billboard Chart?

Thanks for the information on the country artists! bigsmile

Clay's my Wings of Love!
geraldine
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #1443 on: January 25, 2008, 03:35:18 PM »

Jerry- Would you happen to know how many weeks Barry Manilow''s recent CD was on the top 10 Billboard Chart?

Thanks for the information on the country artists! bigsmile

wave Are you talking about the last CD, GREATEST SONGS OF THE SEVENTIES? It was in the Top-10 a couple of weeks. I believe 3 weeks? The new CD debuted in the Top-10 at #9 so it's only been on the Top-10 for 1 week.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #1444 on: January 27, 2008, 04:03:49 AM »

Jerry- Yes! I was thinking of Barry's newest released CD.  Can't seem to think of the name of it but wow it's at
#9 already in the first week.  I'm so glad to see his career soar once again.
He always been a great artist and continues to be.  Thanks for answering my question. bigsmile

Clay's my Wings of Love!
geraldine
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #1445 on: January 29, 2008, 04:59:12 AM »

Jerry- What is the name of the newest cd of Barry's so that I know what I am looking for when I go to the store? bigsmile

Clay's my Wings of Love!
geraldine
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #1446 on: January 29, 2008, 05:27:57 PM »

Jerry- What is the name of the newest cd of Barry's so that I know what I am looking for when I go to the store? bigsmile

bigsmile I posted the name of the CD a few posts above on the 24th of January...

Quote from: ACcountryFan
Barry Manilow's "Beautiful Ballads & Love Songs" CD debuts at #9 on the Top Internet Albums chart.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #1447 on: January 30, 2008, 04:36:17 AM »

bigsmile I posted the name of the CD a few posts above on the 24th of January...

Quote from: ACcountryFan
Jerry- Thanks, I kept seeing the 70's cd advertised all the time on TV.  I will be going to Walmart on Friday so, I can get it then.  I alreay wrote down the name of it!!! Smile

Clay's my Wings of Love!
geraldine
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #1448 on: February 04, 2008, 08:46:52 AM »

Jerry- I read somewhere that Clay's new cd was listed at Amazom.com.  You couldn't pre order it but, could sign up for a notice when you could.  I went there and didn't see it.  Maybe it is one of those teasers or something.  Just wondering if you had been to Amazon and saw anything new on Clay? Smile

Clay's my Wings of Love!
geraldine
ILClaymate
« Reply #1449 on: February 04, 2008, 09:49:54 AM »

geraldine ~ here is the Amazon link for the (hopefully!) new CD!

AMAZON.COM
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #1450 on: February 05, 2008, 04:52:55 AM »

Clandy ~ Thank you! Huggles

Clay's my Wings of Love!
geraldine
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #1451 on: February 07, 2008, 05:34:53 AM »

AMAZON RANKING: 2-7-08
1. ATDW: #4,243

I also read that on Amazon about Clay's CD but thought it was a pre-mature advertisement and never said anything about it but i'm hoping it'll be a new CD.

Title: In The Swing Of Christmas     
Artist: Barry Manilow 
Release Date: 11/26/2007     
Label: Arista/Hallmark     
RIAA Certification Date: 1/28/2008
Certification: GOLD

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #1452 on: February 07, 2008, 07:51:31 AM »

Jerry wave The numbers for ATDW are higher this time around but, I am anxiously awaiting the numbers when the new CD comes out!

That's great that Barry Manilow's cd went GOLD, especially since you could only get it through Hallmark.  Good for him Clapping

Clay's my Wings of Love!
geraldine
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #1453 on: February 10, 2008, 03:15:10 AM »

Jerry ~ I read in your review on AC Reviews that Ray Stevens is going to have a new cd out this year.  Do you know the release date of it?  Or hasn't it been announced as yet?  Could you post it here when you know? Thanks. bigsmile

Clay's my Wings of Love!
geraldine
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #1454 on: February 10, 2008, 03:25:49 AM »

wave The MP3 version of the CD, which means, audio files that people can buy on the computer, came out late last month. I have the songs from HURRICANE on my computer already  The physical CD, which is what they call the actual CD a person can buy and have mailed to them, won't be available on Amazon until February 26th...in two weeks. I bought my audio downloads on Itunes. I posted a review of HURRICANE at Amazon and copied it to my AC Reviews thread.

In the Amazon MP3 store, Ray's HURRICANE ranks at #24,387 and in the traditional store, the pre-orders of the CD rank at #54,681. There's not too much hype surrounding the release so it's not expected to be a big seller...just a comedy release.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #1455 on: February 10, 2008, 04:17:04 AM »

Jerry ~ Ok thanks.  I was just wondering. So It will be more or less a collectors item in the many other comedy cds Ray Steven's has out. It sounded like it had some new songs on it, that was what I was wondering about and wanted to check it out.  Thanks for the information.Smile 

Clay's my Wings of Love!
geraldine
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #1456 on: February 10, 2008, 04:46:03 AM »

wave There are 12 songs on the CD...7 of them are "new" to me and the remaining 5 songs are re-recordings of songs he did in the 1980's. The ones on the CD that are not re-recordings of previous songs are:

1. Hurricane
2. The Sucking Sound
3. The Cure
4. Rub It In
5. Bubba the Wine Connoisseur
6. Hey, Bubba, Watch This!
7. Down Home Beach

The other 5 songs were originally recorded by Ray in the 1980's...

1. The Camping Trip
2. Smoky Mountain Rattlesnake Retreat
3. Makin' The Best of a Bad Situation
4. Stuck on You
5. Hugo the Human Cannonball

To new fans of Ray, all of those songs will be "new" but for me, i've been a fan of Ray's for years and years and have all of his albums, so those 5 songs i just listed aren't new, but re-recordings. So, there's 7 new songs and 5 remakes.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #1457 on: February 14, 2008, 08:16:26 AM »

Barry Manilow's DVD has been certified PLATINUM by the RIAA...

Quote from: Billboard
The First Television Specials     Manilow, Barry     11/6/2007     Platinum     Rhino     1/23/2008

BILLBOARD

The DVD collection of TV shows as you can see has only been available since November. In DVD/Home Video rules, PLATINUM is 100,000+ instead of 1,000,000 which would be the case for a CD.

George Strait's new single, "I Saw God Today", debuts at #19 on the Billboard Country chart. A single by Kenny Chesney, "Shiftwork", which has often been credited only to Kenny Chesney but in which is really a duet with George Strait, seems to have reached it's peak last week, #5. According to Billboard, Kenny and George's record labels have been battling over credit issue's and for a long time the single had never been officially called a duet until this week. Kenny records for BNA while George records for MCA. Strait's new single will appear on his new CD due out on April 1st. The CD is called TROUBADOUR. A troubadour in case you didn't know, is a word that means singer/entertainer. Ernest Tubb was known as The Texas Troubadour. Anyway, i can't wait for Strait's new CD! His last CD, IT JUST COMES NATURAL, won CMA Album of the Year in 2007.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #1458 on: February 15, 2008, 08:44:13 PM »

Jerry ~ THAT IS ABSOLUTLEY WONDERFUL NEWS ABOUT BARRY MANILOW.  HE DESERVES IT. Purple Banana
I AM SURE HE FEELS SO HONORED TOO BECAUSE HIS MUSIC MEANS SO MUCH TO HIM!

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION. bigsmile

Clay's my Wings of Love!
geraldine
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #1459 on: March 06, 2008, 03:50:12 AM »

AMAZON RANKING: 3-6-08
1. Clay's upcoming CD: #3

wave Clay's CD is up for Pre-Order at Amazon. It's ranked #3. They don't have a track list up, though.

Dolly Parton's CD, "Backwoods Barbie", debuted at #17 on the Billboard 200 this week and after having debuted at #48 on the Country Album chart last week, the album jumped up to #2 this week.

George Strait's single, "I Saw God Today", jumped into the Top-10...jumping from #12 to #8. Strait's single has been on the country singles chart only 4 weeks. The single is the 78th to enter the Top-10 for Strait.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx