gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:25:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 391
Total: 391

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Recipe Swap Thread  (Read 64620 times)
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2007, 12:38:20 PM »

Deanna - All three recipes sound delicious!  Thank you, I can't wait to try them!   Huggles

Beth - The Chicken and Broccoli Casserole sounds delicious, too.  I'm always looking for something different for dinner.  I think my family will love this!  Thanks.   Huggles

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2007, 03:36:19 PM »

Beth, I am so not ever, ever going to bake a recipe I find here again.  My poor heart just can't take the strain.

My 16-year-old son came down to supper,  He said, "What's this stuff? I told him to just try it because he liked everything in it.  He helped himself to a huge serving and ran back to his room because he was in the middle of a game. (argh!) Pretty quick he came back downstairs with an empty plate.  He said (WITHOUT ANY PROMPTING WHATSOEVER), "That is a "once a week" meal.  We really need to have that more often.  It was awesome."

Now that I have picked myself off the floor, I say "Thanks a million!!"  It was worth the shock!  bigsmile

I served it with homemade yeast rolls and fresh fruit salad.  Wink

I confess to messing with the recipe.  I put the cheese over the soup layer before topping and cooking.  I used Stove Top stuffing (mixed as per directons) on the top instead of the bread crumbs.  I knew my son would like the stuffing part.  lmao

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2007, 04:14:15 PM »

Ok -  Sharon - This is the recipe you wanted.  It's a very good recipe , so maybe some other Claymaniacs would like to try it too.

PINEAPPLE MANDARIN ORANGE CAKE

1 package lemon supreme cake mix
      1 - 11 ounce can mandarin oranges (take 7 segments out to decorate top of cake)
      4 eggs
       1 teasoon vanilla extract
       1 teaspoon grated orange rind ( i use dried orange peel)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease and flour 2 9-inch cake pans or spray with Baker's Joy.

Combine cake mix, UNDRAINED oranges and remaining ingredients in mixer bowl.  Beat for 2 minutes according  to
      package direction or until cake batter is well blended.
        Pour evenly into cake pans.  Bake for 25 minutes or until cake tests done with a toothpick.  Cool in pans
      for several minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Must be completely cooled in order to spread icing.

ICING

1 - 3 ounce package vanilla instant pudding mix
       1-  15-ounce can crushed pineapple
        1 - 8 or 10  ounce container cool whip
         2 tablespoons Amaretto or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine dry putting mix and UNDRAINED pineapple in bowl; mix well. Add whipped topping and Amaretto; beat until of spreading consistency.  Spread this on side and top of cake.
Decorate  top with the 7 segments of mandarin orange slices. I put 5 around the edge of the top of the cake and two in the center.  Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

ENJOY !!!!

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2007, 05:40:08 PM »

Beth, I am so not ever, ever going to bake a recipe I find here again.  My poor heart just can't take the strain.

My 16-year-old son came down to supper,  He said, "What's this stuff? I told him to just try it because he liked everything in it.  He helped himself to a huge serving and ran back to his room because he was in the middle of a game. (argh!) Pretty quick he came back downstairs with an empty plate.  He said (WITHOUT ANY PROMPTING WHATSOEVER), "That is a "once a week" meal.  We really need to have that more often.  It was awesome."

Now that I have picked myself off the floor, I say "Thanks a million!!"  It was worth the shock!  bigsmile

I confess to messing with the recipe.  I put the cheese over the soup layer before topping and cooking.  I used Stove Top stuffing (mixed as per directons) on the top instead of the bread crumbs.  I knew my son would like the stuffing part.  lmao

We had it for dinner tonight too!  Laughing  Today is our Anniversary, and once Dave heard me mention that I gave you the recipe, he wanted to have that instead of going out for dinner!  ROFLMAO

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2007, 06:08:13 PM »

Thanks for the receipe Evelyn Huggles

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2007, 05:51:38 PM »

We had it for dinner tonight too!  Laughing  Today is our Anniversary, and once Dave heard me mention that I gave you the recipe, he wanted to have that instead of going out for dinner!  ROFLMAO

Ha ha!!!  I made it tonight!  And I improvised a little as well.  I added long grain wild rice to the mix.  Looks like we all tend to add a little something to make the recipe our own.   bigsmile

But huge kudos to you, Beth!   Clapping Not Worthy high five

It was a big hit here at Casa de LadyC, too!  Even my 9 year old son, also known as Mr. Finicky Nit-Picker, loved it.      And I had fun making it because it was something different for a change.

for the recipe, and Happy Belated Anniversary!   confetti2 wheee

I love this thread!!!

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2007, 05:54:45 PM »

Ok -  Sharon - This is the recipe you wanted.  It's a very good recipe , so maybe some other Claymaniacs would like to try it too.

PINEAPPLE MANDARIN ORANGE CAKE

Oooooooh, that sounds delicious, Evelyn!  I'll be trying it!   :thx

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2007, 08:00:35 AM »

Hi Everybody  wave

I need your help.  I will eat just about anything, as long as it's not a raw tomato! Laughing  Dave, however, is extremely picky!    He eats mostly Chicken, but I'm getting tired of making Chicken Helper  .  Can everybody please help me with some new recipes?  He won't eat pork chops, fish, and ground beef  .  Do you have any idea what it is like living with someone who doesn't like anything?  I thought that I was picky for not liking tomatoes, but compared to what Dave doesn't eat, I eat a lot!    Oh, he's Italian, if that helps!  Smile

Thanks, Beth  Huggles 

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2007, 03:32:36 PM »

Beth, does Dave eat pasta, seafood, meatballs, or ham???  I have lots of recipes, but I want to be sure to post the right ones.  I even have some good chicken ones if we get desperate. Laughing Let me know what would be a help to you.  I owe you one. Wink

My husband will eat absolutely anything.  I know this is a blessing.  But, sometimes I wonder why I spend hours cooking when he would eat something that takes 5 minutes to prepare.  bigsmile

Clay "is" the "News"
Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2007, 04:54:12 PM »

Beth, does Dave eat pasta, seafood, meatballs, or ham???  I have lots of recipes, but I want to be sure to post the right ones.  I even have some good chicken ones if we get desperate. Laughing Let me know what would be a help to you.  I owe you one. Wink

My husband will eat absolutely anything.  I know this is a blessing.  But, sometimes I wonder why I spend hours cooking when he would eat something that takes 5 minutes to prepare.  bigsmile

No seafood and no ham, but he does like pasta and meatballs  Smile

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2007, 09:11:16 AM »

What about turkey, Beth?  Does he like turkey?

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2007, 10:28:12 AM »

What about turkey, Beth?  Does he like turkey?

Yes!  Super Happy!!!

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2007, 08:35:56 AM »

Here is a recipe I included in the Claymaniac Cookbook, it seems pretty popular for the ones that have tried it.  Very Easy!!

ALMOND CHICKEN

1 CUP OF BREAD CRUMBS
1/4 CUP OF GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
1/4 CUP OF FINELY CHOPPED ALMONDS
1 GARLIC CLOVE CRUSHED
1/4 TEASPOON OF THYME
SALT AND PEPPER
2 POUNDS BONELESS , SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS OR CHICKEN TENDERS

1. PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 degrees

2. IN A MEDIUM BOWL, STIR BREAD CRUMBS, PARMESAN CHEESE, ALMONDS, GARLIC, SALT AND PEPPER AND THYME TILL    MIXED.

3.  DIP CHICKEN IN OLIVE OIL, THEN IN BREAD CRUMB MIXTURE TO COAT.  PLACE CHICKEN ON COOKIE SHEET.  BAKE 30 MINUTES OR UNTIL JUICES RUN CLEAR.  (DO NOT TURN CHICKEN OVER)

This is so easy but has great flavor, just resist the temptation of turning the chicken over.  I usually use chicken tenders but if you use thick chicken breasts you should pound them till they are thinner.

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2007, 10:49:17 AM »

Shirley thanks for the Almond chicken receipe, can't wait to try it!!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2007, 01:46:40 PM »

Sharon, hope you like it, I know Sasha and Angela from the OCD have it weekly as their husbands love it.

ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2007, 03:38:22 PM »

Sharon, hope you like it, I know Sasha and Angela from the OCD have it weekly as their husbands love it.

PEPE, I LOVE THIS RECIPE & SO DOES MY HUBBY--I HAVE USED THIS SAME RECIPE WITH PORK CUTLETS TOO--JUST AS YUMMY!!  THANKS FOR BRINGING THIS RECIPE INTO OUR LIVES Laughing.

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2007, 03:40:14 PM »

I HAVE NEVER TRIED THIS RECIPE, BUT SOMEONE I WORK WITH HAS & SAID IT IS GOOD & VERY EASY.  I WAS THINKING OF MAKING IT FOR THE SUPERBOWL.

Beer cake
INGREDIENTS
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup beer
1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
Combine cake mix and pudding mix in a large bowl. Add beer and vegetable oil and mix lightly. Add 4 eggs. Beat at high speed until mixture is thick, creamy and smooth. Pour into greased and floured Bundt pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Frost as desired.

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2007, 11:19:37 AM »

Beth,
I know I promised some recipes, but I have been away on business and so I am quite late getting here. Sorry!

Here is one that I tried recently that my family enjoyed.

HERBED CHICKEN COATING MIX

2 cups all-purpose flour
8 tsps dried basil
8 tsps dried thyme
4 tsps salt
4 tsps dried oregano
4 tsps dried parsley flakes
4 tsps 4 tsps paprika
4 tsps curry powder
2 tsps pepper

Additional ingredients for each batch:
1 egg
1/3 cup melted butter
1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 lbs), cut up and skin removed

In a small bowl, combine the flour and seasonings.  Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.  Yield: 2 batches.

To prepare chicken:
Place 1 1/4 cups coating mix (1/2 batch) in a large resealable plastic bag.  In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and butter.  Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
Place chicken in a greased 13 X 9 in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degress for 45 to 50 minutes or until juices run clear.

The chicken came out very moist.  The coating is quite "seasoned", but I enjoyed it. Wink

Clay "is" the "News"
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2007, 05:09:08 PM »

I have had requests for my Minestrone Soup so here it is.

MEATBALL MINESTRONE SOUP

1 package frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1 egg
1 tea of salt
2 tablespoons of oil
1 large onion coarsely chopped
4 cans of beef broth
1 can (1 lb) tomatoes
1 can  (1 lb) kidney beans
 1/2  teaspoon each oregano  and basil
1 cup sliced carrots and celery
1 cup elbow macaroni
grated parmesean cheese

With your hands squeeze as much moisture as possible from spinach.  In a large bowl combine spinach, beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper.  Shape into 1 in balls.

Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium heat.  When oil is hot, add meatballs and brown on all sides.  Remove from pan with a slotted spoon, leaving drippings.  Set meatballs aside.  Add onion and cook stirring until soft.  Stir in broth, tomatoes (break up to small pieces), beans and thier liquid, oregano, and basil.  Cover and reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. 

Add carrots and celery, cover and simmer for 20 more minutes, stir in pasta, cover and simmer until pasta is done.  Place meatballs in soup and heat through.  Serve in bowls with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.

*Sometimes I do not have the spinich on hand and omit that in the meatballs.  Really my husband is glad when I do not have it in the freezer.   I am afraid he is not a lover of spinach. 

Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2007, 06:43:47 AM »

Thanks for all the recipes.....Pepe I will try your minestrone next time...

Sasha

Liz, JJ and Julie our CLaymaniancs Angels
Supporting Clay 100%
Offical member of the RBT- I miss my rbt buddy
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx