gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:55:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 242
Total: 242

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Take A Step Outdoors  (Read 49670 times)
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #180 on: October 04, 2006, 10:30:20 PM »

Hello,

Skip and I just returned from a trip to the state of Washington.  I have "lots" of pictures, but will try to post only the "best" ones here.  I have also posted some colorful plant and flower pictures in the Garden Thread. I hope you enjoy our trip to Washington!

We spent a lot of time driving through the western part of Washington which is really spectacular.

BEAUTIFUL LAKES

WATERFALLS AND STREAMS, TOO!

BREATHTAKING DRIVES

ENORMOUS TREES!

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #181 on: October 04, 2006, 10:37:08 PM »

There are some very tall mountains in Washington.  Two very famous ones are Mt. Rainier and the volcano Mt. St. Helens.  After we saw Mt. Rainier, we kept seeing it other times, too!  It became a joke with Skip and me that Mt. Rainier was "following us." Laughing

MT. RAINIER

MT. ST. HELENS

Skip at the lookout point for Mt. St. Helens with, yes, Mt. Rainier, in the background!!

We did venture into Seattle and celebrated our 17th Anniversary with a delightful meal at the restaurant atop the Space Needle.  The restaurant revolves and we had great views of Seattle.

SEATTLE SPACE NEEDLE

View of Seattle and the Space Needle from a ferry on the bay.

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #182 on: October 04, 2006, 11:12:11 PM »

We drove to the west coast of Washington and stayed at Pacific Beach.  I was able to get some fairly good photos of the sunset on the Pacific Ocean. This is the best.

And the Pacific Ocean the next morning.

PARTING SHOTS

A spider web glisstening with dew, photo by Skip, on the foggy morning we left.

We flew over on a military plane, a C-40 and back on the same plane.  Flying to Washington (Whidbey Island), we only had 3 passangers and crew and returning, after a stop in El Centro, CA, we had the same three passengers , Skip, me and another military retiree.

Skip took my picture on the plane!

And look who is peeking out at me from the seat in front of me! Wink

We found a great place to board our dogs, Shadow and Sandy, while we were gone.  They got a lot of attention but were glad to see SKip and me.

One of the ladies who took care of our "babies."

We had a wonderful trip and great weather the whole time.  Just a little fog that last morning.  Never any rain and temps in the 70's and cool at night!  Perfect week!
Hugs,
Prissy

ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2006, 02:06:38 AM »

I WANT TO TELL EVERYONE HOW MUCH I DO ENJOY THESE BEAUTIFUL PICTURES.   bigsmile
THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR SHARING YOUR BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!

TAKE CARE
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2006, 06:27:06 AM »

PRISSY, your pictures are just utterly fantastic.  We are so lucky we have such a beautiful country.  When people don't leave their own state to see all this beauty they are missing out on so much!  I didn't see any pictures of the fish place so I guess you didn't find it!  Thank you for letting us share in your wonderful vacation!

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2006, 12:44:53 PM »

Prissy - I can only echo what Pepe said - just beautiful pictures!  Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #186 on: October 07, 2006, 09:58:25 AM »

Thanks Angela, Pepe, and Frankie and....
Also, Dick, Lorraine, Woody, AC, and Linda for your kind words about our Washington photos.

I think I'm getting better at using the digital, and of course, Skip always gets some fantastic pictures!! We just have to remember to keep the camera charged and download before the camera says the "card is full;" no room for more pictures! Paranoid Laughing

Here are a few more random shots from our trip:

When we stopped briefly at the base in El Centro, CA, on our flight home, there was an Osprey, an unusual looking air craft out on the air field. 

Lighthouse near Pacific Beach

Unusual glass lights outside the Glass Museum in Tacoma

Cabin in the woods at one of the recreational military sites.

Hugs,
Prissy

ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #187 on: October 07, 2006, 12:27:36 PM »

Prissy....your photos are breathtaking...I love the scenic mountains, waterfalls, shorelines and the big big trees....my personal favorite it the dewey spiderweb.....anyways I was just wondering...what kind of digital camera do you have??? I will be purchasing a new camera probably next spring...and I have already gotten some imput but I love the clarity you get with yours...thanks....debi
Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #188 on: October 08, 2006, 04:48:42 AM »

Beautiful pictures everyone.

Prissy Great picutres.

Sasha

Liz, JJ and Julie our CLaymaniancs Angels
Supporting Clay 100%
Offical member of the RBT- I miss my rbt buddy
Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #189 on: October 08, 2006, 04:49:21 AM »

Supporting Clay 100%
ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2006, 07:40:18 AM »

Sasha.....love that picture.....
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #191 on: October 08, 2006, 08:10:47 PM »

Fabulous pictures, Prissy! Looks like you had a great trip.

Sasha, Thud! Thud! Thud!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #192 on: October 09, 2006, 05:23:07 AM »

Debi, Sasha, & Mary,

I'm glad you enjoyed the photos.  We really had a great time.

Sasha,
Love that Fall Clay!!

Debi,
We bought my camera from CostCo.  I will PM you more about it later.  I do know that Clandy, Meesa, and possibly Heather have recently bought really fine digitals for getting good pictures.  I will check to see what they bought also.  I will say I have not been able to get a good shot of Clay on stage with my new digital.  It may be that I don't know what setting to use.
I agree that the spider web picture by Skip is really good.  If there is a photo contest for nature shots, I may enter that for him.

Mary,
I know you have been to some interesting places.  I would love to see some of your photos, too, if possible.

Hugs,
Prissy

Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #193 on: October 09, 2006, 03:52:22 PM »

Deb: I hoping to find fall CLay in my woods    I keep looiking.

Prissy:  you took some great pictures.  I finally figured out on my digital camera what i did wrong, would help if i read the whole manual. Laughing  I didnt know i kept shutting off my stablizier  when i was zooming  all those Clay pictures I ruined   Now i know Laughing  Im ready for the concerts now. Laughing

mary: i see you like my folliage... Laughing

Sasha

Supporting Clay 100%
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #194 on: October 09, 2006, 04:13:20 PM »

Hello all,

I just received this email photo from family in Alaska.  My brother and family litteraly live on a mountain top outside of Fairbanks, Alaska.  They have lived there for over 40 years.  There home is a two story Swiss Chalet type log cabin with a view of Mt. McKinnley.  This photo is of their granddaughter, Mary and the manger. ROFLMAO This is a different manger and a different Mary.
   It is a hay manger that they had just made for the goats winter hay.  They finished it just in time for the forth coming snow.
JoAnn

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #195 on: October 09, 2006, 05:55:23 PM »

I don't post here as often as I should, but I do check this thread daily.  Huggles  I love all the pictures from various parts of the country.  So very, very interesting and y'all have some great ones to share!

My hubby and I went to a Fall Fair in Western Maine last week.  I thought I would share with you how popular this event is here in Maine.  Here are some pics of the camping area that is across the street from the fair.  Look at the number of campers!! And this is only one small sampling of the number of campers there.  Smile  You can see the fairgrounds in the background.

Click to make big:

Since I have been home, I have been working on setting up some more Halloween decorations. Wink

Clickable:

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #196 on: October 09, 2006, 07:53:55 PM »

Deanna,

Love your photos!!  And you know I love Halloween!! I have just about finished decorating.  Maybe we should revive the Halloween thread from last year!!!

Hugs,
Prissy

PS:  Sasha, Skip keeps telling me to study the manual for my digital!!  Maybe I could learn what I'm doing wrong with the Clay stage photos!!

ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #197 on: October 09, 2006, 08:07:38 PM »

Sasha...if you do find fall clay in the woods...would you please pm me asap...and please keep him captive until I can get there... Wink

Deb: I hoping to find fall CLay in my woods    I keep looiking.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2006, 10:20:51 AM »

CRUISE PART 1

We got back from our cruise to Jamacia, Grand Caymon, and Cozumel on Sunday - as requested, here are some pictures (they are not all of scenery, but I didn't know where else to post them - I have pictures of Food for Pepe and Evelyn!  Laughing )

This is a shot of SeaWolf Park in Galveston, Texas, as we were leaving the Galveston harbor - the park has a WWII destroyer and a submarine that may be toured:

This was the view from our room on Monday morning - a little overcast, and just miles and miles of ocean - it took 2 days to get to Jamacia!!!

This was taken at the Captain's cocktail party the first night onboard (we traveled with a group of 20 frineds from our town). That is me on the far right:

We enjoyed the track on the upper deck  of the ship every day - this is a picture of Lewis

I did not realize that the island of Jamacia is mostly mountains - but it is - we visited a coffee/pineapple/fruit plantation, where we were cooked a lunch of Jerk Chicken, rice with red beans, and greens cooked with asparagus - a traditional Jamacian meal, we were told:

I took this picture, because these are NOT grapefruit - they are lemons!!! All of the plants were huge!

A picture for me and for Pepe, because we both love ferns (this is Lewis again!):

This is me in front of the building where we had lunch:

This shot shows how the land is terraced to grow the coffe and pineapples:

End of Cruise Part 1 - I don't want to lose a long post, so I am breaking it up!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #199 on: November 21, 2006, 10:32:56 AM »

CRUISE PART 2

I know anyone who has ever been on a cruise has had this done for them, but it is still fun to see - our Steward rolled towels into a different animal every night   Laughing- I took pictures of a couple of my favorites - this elephant was wearing my extra pair of reading glasses when I came in!

You cannot dock in Grand Caymon right now because all of the docks were damaged in hurricanes last year - we had to take small boats into the island - I took this one of our ship as we were going into shore:

This is a picture of us on the dock in Grand Caymen with our ship in the background:

This was taken from a "semi-submarine" - we toured a coral reef for over an hour - you can't really tell, but the fish in the picture was about 5 feet long:

You can barely see the diver feeding the fish outside of our window!

Lewis took this picture of a sunset from our room balcony:

End of Cruise Part 2

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx